Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > paid a photographer $115 to take 3 hand pics

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

considering becoming a hand model now, maybe?

i paid a photographer $115 to take 3 pictures of my hand.
not sure when i will get the pics back, and i didnt even get to chose the poses.
is this normal? whats a normal rate for this? the whole thing only took a couple minutes.
also kind of strange, she made me cover my junk with some heavy cloth mat.
does that make any sense? i had all my clothes on.
was she a creep?

Jun 24 21 01:06 pm Link

Photographer

Donpreyel

Fresno, California, US

Behind every lens is a uniquely different person who have uniquely different backgrounds and reasons for why they do things.  Maybe she didn't want to be distracted by what you have although it was in your pants. But, it could be anything such as style, tone of the room etc.  Regarding the price. Her time, experience, and travel, if she traveled, are the things that add up.  The most awkward things is that you didn't get to choose which shots unless you agreed on 3 shots and she snapped 3 shots. In this case then there were no choices any way.

Jun 24 21 04:37 pm Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

Paolo D Photography wrote:
i paid a photographer $115 to take 3 pictures of my hand.
not sure when i will get the pics back, and i didnt even get to chose the poses.
is this normal?

Considering the cost of the mat I think so.

Jun 24 21 05:18 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

I think the mat was full of lead to protect my junk from radiation.

I was the only one that traveled. So there was no cost on her part there. The tone of the room was sort of industrial, no music or anything. Just some buzzing here and there. She shot tethered from a few feet away.

Today logged in to see if i had access to where I could possibly view the pics.
They werent there. Perhaps i wont even get to see them? what a rip off!

Jun 24 21 06:02 pm Link

Photographer

Managing Light

Salem, Virginia, US

Only $115??
Pretty cheap considering the cost of that "camera."  smile

Jun 25 21 12:02 pm Link

Photographer

MoRina

Neumayer - permanent station of Germany, Sector claimed by Norway, Antarctica

If you don't get the pictures back, just consider it a learning experience and move on. I'm sure it's your fault as the model for not properly negotiating the agreement. You must have misunderstood or something. Or, maybe this didn't really happen the way you said it did. I'd like to hear the photographer's side of this story.

lol

Jun 25 21 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

MoRina wrote:
If you don't get the pictures back, just consider it a learning experience and move on. I'm sure it's your fault as the model for not properly negotiating the agreement. You must have misunderstood or something. Or, maybe this didn't really happen the way you said it did. I'd like to hear the photographer's side of this story.

lol

i tried to contact the studio and find out when i will receive the images, they said i didnt pay for any images and the money i paid was something called a "copay". Not sure what that means? they better not send me another bill later, im a broke model. Can't afford this shit.

hmmm maybe youre right MoRina. i'll consider this a learning experience. perhaps i made too many assumptions?
in somewhat related news i have ostrich,... uh, oreo, aussie ohs, er, um, some sort of arthritis in my panky finga.
Doctor said i seemed too young for that sort of thing, but then she also said:  ​"Oh my God you're so hardcore."
Which made her sound too young to be a Doctor ...but i like the way she stroked my busted ass fingaz when she said it. rAwr!

llama

Jun 25 21 03:20 pm Link

Photographer

John Silva Photography

Fairfield, California, US

I've been a hand model for years...., you experience was dead-on typical!
But I will say, you got as steal! Usually it's $150/hr with a minimum of 2 hrs if your hand is naked and $100 per/hr if you have a glove on!
I hope you make it big...., like I did!!! LOL
John

Jun 25 21 08:34 pm Link

Model

Keith NYC

Tampa, Florida, US

Well this turned x-ray-ted pretty quick!

Jun 25 21 09:02 pm Link

Photographer

MoRina

Neumayer - permanent station of Germany, Sector claimed by Norway, Antarctica

Paolo D Photography wrote:
i tried to contact the studio and find out when i will receive the images, they said i didnt pay for any images and the money i paid was something called a "copay". Not sure what that means? they better not send me another bill later, im a broke model. Can't afford this shit.

hmmm maybe youre right MoRina. i'll consider this a learning experience. perhaps i made too many assumptions?
in somewhat related news i have ostrich,... uh, oreo, aussie ohs, er, um, some sort of arthritis in my panky finga.
Doctor said i seemed too young for that sort of thing, but then she also said:  ​"Oh my God you're so hardcore."
Which made her sound too young to be a Doctor ...but i like the way she stroked my busted ass fingaz when she said it. rAwr!

llama

What creepy perv! You should put her on blast and out her! Unless you liked it. Then you should giver her a great reference to everyone who asks.
Personally, I think you were asking for it. Exposing your hand to a red-blooded female. What did you think would happen?

Jun 26 21 05:32 am Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

Keith NYC wrote:
Well this turned x-ray-ted pretty quick!

somehow i missed this awesome comment before haha.

Aug 23 21 05:49 am Link