Forums > General Industry > How do I report a predator?

Photographer

Michael V

PORT TOBACCO, Maryland, US

Subject title says it all.
How does one go about reporting a predator with prior history (although unbeknownst to MM) who has caused a model friend of mine to have to undergo treatment at a hospital with a rape kit?
Does MM even care enough about this type of thing?
Why are we not allowed to report this in reviews? why does a review need to be approved by the one being reviewed???
Please, someone, point me in the right direction.
Thank you.

Sep 08 21 06:44 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

Start by following this link:

https://www.modelmayhem.com/contactamod

Yes, they care but consider that they can't and shouldn't automatically assume guilt every time there is a claim.  Let the process work.

Neither, you, the model, or the site wants to be involved in a lawsuit because someone made a claim in public spaces that couldn't be substantiated and would qualify as slander or libel.

Sep 08 21 06:52 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Michael V wrote:
How does one go about reporting a predator with prior history (although unbeknownst to MM) who has caused a model friend of mine to have to undergo treatment at a hospital with a rape kit?
Why are we not allowed to report this in reviews? why does a review need to be approved by the one being reviewed???
Thank you.

ummm, if some crime has been committed then she should call the authorities (police).
i dont even know what youre talking about with "reviews".

if you suspect another MM member to be dangerous, then you can report them to a moderator:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/contactamod
select from the drop down menu.

Sep 08 21 06:52 pm Link

Photographer

Michael V

The authorities are already involved (as happens anytime a rape kit is used, come on now, think), he has a mugshot on record (the police are how we know) they have her phone and are using it to gain all pertinent information regarding the case that has been opened. The testing they do these days for those who are unaware is extensive, they can find his fingerprints all over her body, inside...yes, inside and out. This is not a matter that should be taken lightly by anyone at all.
Not sure how a moderator is going to be any help at all as they only do as they are allowed. Most times, their hands are tied and I'm sure some lose sleep over situations like this.

My question remains, why does MM not allow us to write a bad review if WE have a bad experience with someone on the site?
Why is it only roses and Sunshine here and anything remotely negative towards someone is bannable?
As a paying customer for a while now I'm still not certain why her rights, your rights, my rights, to safety are no longer of any importance? There are black lists about photographers and models, and valid reasons for them being on there, why is this not taken into consideration when allowing an account to continue. How many sexual assaults need to take place before it makes sense to take this seriously in this day and age?
Seriously, WTF?

Sep 08 21 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Michael V wrote:
My question remains, why does MM not allow us to write a bad review if WE have a bad experience with someone on the site?

There are two sides to every story and the USA is a litigious society. 
You're free to write that you don't recommend such and such on your own profile and as mentioned you should contact a mod with verifiable evidence (ie:news article, police report) that the person has committed the act and they'll most likely be removed.

It should also be noted that the person doesn't have to be found guilty by a court of law to be removed from MM.  There are several instances that I know of where a person was removed for reasons that are far less serious than what you've described.

It should be noted that there's been a few times where someone accused another person of wrongdoing in the forums, and when the person that was accused replied in the thread it became very obvious and clear that the person that was accused wasn't guilty of anything they were accused of.

Michael V wrote:
Why is it only roses and Sunshine here and anything remotely negative towards someone is bannable?

Back to the "innocent until proven guilty" thing which I barely touched on... MM will ban someone even though they haven't been proven guilty in a court of law but for the most part nobody's allowed to discuss it in forums because they haven't been found guilty (there have been a few exceptions, but mostly pre IB takeover).

I had a situation where a local model was stealing from photographers, models, and makeup artists but I couldn't post anything about it in the forums because it was my word against hers.  It wasn't until after a local news channel displayed a still frame showing her involved in an armed robbery of a convenience store that I was permitted to notify people in the forums.  To this day the MM thread still exists. (She was found guilty and was sentenced to 1 year in the state penn and moved to Reno after she was released from prison)

Sep 08 21 07:46 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

^ this ^

(2 sides to every story etc etc.)

Sep 08 21 08:06 pm Link

Photographer

Michael V

I should have stressed I meant the credits when it comes to posting negative reviews. Who searches/reads a forum for a negative review on a profile especially, as mentioned more than once, it's not allowed.

But for those worried about it, the law as it stands in the US regarding libel when a party is wronged:

Two of the most important defences to a libel claim are justification and fair comment.

The defence of “justification” arises where the defendant in a libel action claims that the statements are true. One might expect that in these circumstances a claimant would be obliged to demonstrate the untruth of the defamatory statements – but that is not so. It is for the defendant who relies upon a justification defence to prove the truth of the libel. This is often easier said than done.

The defence of “fair comment” may be available to a defendant who can show that the defamatory statement amounted to an opinion which was honestly held and based up facts which were true.

There are a range of other defences which tend to apply in specific circumstances. The most important of these other defences is “qualified privilege”.

So according to medical professionals and thereby the Police getting involved in no short measure, this is not at all some person trying to defame a righteous citizen. Had they (the model) been aware of potential risk by being able to see a negative credit, this all could have been avoided.

I guess I'm just upset over all this for no reason and I truly hope no one who reads this ever encounters this.
Could have been your wife, your sister, your daughter, but I guess it makes no difference to those so worried about a lawsuit to try and make any sort of change. I hear ya, it's all good, please, by all means, go back about your business.

Sep 08 21 08:34 pm Link

Photographer

John Silva Photography

Fairfield, California, US

Michael V wrote:
Thank you.

Jeez Micheal, how old are you..., 12?
How old is the model..., 14?

Why are you wasting time? I'll assume there is a lot more going on here than you've been told.
Let me point you in the RIGHT direction.
Push away from your keyboard and CALL 911 and report a rape!
The DA's office is trained to review the facts and put the rapist away for many years. All your friend has to do is report it to the police.
Then once the rapist is behind bars at least until he gets out he can hope for is that someone drops the soap!!!
John

Sep 08 21 08:47 pm Link

Photographer

PHP-Photography

Vaasa, Ostrobothnia, Finland

Michael V wrote:
I should have stressed I meant the credits when it comes to posting negative reviews.

No modeling site that I know of allow negative references with free text.

Sep 08 21 09:26 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Michael V wrote:
So according to medical professionals and thereby the Police getting involved in no short measure, this is not at all some person trying to defame a righteous citizen. Had they (the model) been aware of potential risk by being able to see a negative credit, this all could have been avoided.

I guess I'm just upset over all this for no reason and I truly hope no one who reads this ever encounters this.
Could have been your wife, your sister, your daughter, but I guess it makes no difference to those so worried about a lawsuit to try and make any sort of change. I hear ya, it's all good, please, by all means, go back about your business.

I totally sympathize with you and the model that this is all about.  I, and I'm sure everyone else wish that things could be different ,however in this world they're not.

What even irks me more is that the biggest crooks, rapists, and thieves that claim to be photographers, agents, directors or whatever get away with their crimes even when there are many publicly viewable reports about them.  When they're trying to pull one over on starry eyed models and actors they just claim that the reports about them are false because the people are just jealous, and the naieve wannabee movies stars and models believe 'em.

For instance, take Gemase Simmons.  He was a fake reality star doing a fake show similar to "Americas Next Top Model".  Many people were warning others about him, but he still fooled a bunch of wannabees into 'appearing' on his show.  Several had sex with him thinking they'll get ahead.

Then NBC News "Dateline" did a whole show about him.  It was broadcast nationwide for everyone to see.  The episode was still available online the last time I checked, and all one ever had to do is Google his name to find out his history of cons and sexual assaults, yet he was still able to entice young men and women into his lair.  All the news and reports fell on deaf ears.

Gemase was finally caught and sentenced to 898 years in prison for his criminal activities, and even behind prison walls he's been able to convince other prisoners that they'll be a famous star when they get out if they just listen to him, and of course give him some sex once in awhile in return.

Sep 08 21 10:15 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

Michael,

it seems youre emotionally invested in this model friend of yours, but posting as a 3rd party about some sort of unfortunate interaction between two other people (assuming you were not directly involved) will not do any good here.

If theres a problem with another member the contact a moderator function can be utilized.
You could direct your model friend to use that. Records of any messages may help resolve a dispute.

The police have already been contacted it seems so there nothing more for you to do.
Just keep a level head and support your friend.

Youve been on this site a long time, you should know how verified credits work and how that wouldnt be an option for leaving a negative comment about someone.

Sep 09 21 02:33 am Link

Photographer

Dan Howell

Kerhonkson, New York, US

Michael V wrote:
Thank you.

So this didn't happen to you, yet you want to make a report? Is the victim in this case a member on Model Mayhem? Is the alleged perpetrator active on Model Mayhem?

How do you expect us collectively to sympathize with your criticisms with such scant information. You wanted to leave a review of another photographer? How is it that you don't see the flaw in that.

In the past I heard specific information about a predatory photographer making inappropriate actions towards a model. I heard this directly from the model, like you are claiming. My actions, unlike yours, were to direct the model to speak directly with a Model Mayhem moderator. I felt that the extent of my involvement was appropriate in that I knew both the model and the moderator (also a model) personally. Any further involvement, like you are suggesting, would not be appropriate.

Sep 09 21 04:34 am Link

Photographer

Ken Marcus Studios

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Dan Howell wrote:
So this didn't happen to you, yet you want to make a report? Is the victim in this case a member on Model Mayhem? Is the alleged perpetrator active on Model Mayhem?

How do you expect us collectively to sympathize with your criticisms with such scant information. You wanted to leave a review of another photographer? How is it that you don't see the flaw in that.

In the past I heard specific information about a predatory photographer making inappropriate actions towards a model. I heard this directly from the model, like you are claiming. My actions, unlike yours, were to direct the model to speak directly with a Model Mayhem moderator. I felt that the extent of my involvement was appropriate in that I knew both the model and the moderator (also a model) personally. Any further involvement, like you are suggesting, would not be appropriate.

THIS ^^^

Sep 09 21 06:38 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Dan Howell wrote:

This

Sep 09 21 10:57 pm Link

Photographer

MoRina

Neumayer - permanent station of Germany, Sector claimed by Norway, Antarctica

The safety of models will always be at risk when the default belief is that they are lying about inappropriate behavior, assault, etc. Every time this subject is raised, lots of photographers rush in to say "remember that one time that someone lied about something else?" or "there's two sides to every story" and blah blah blah. You guys don't ever want to believe that a photographer is guilty of anything. Someone being guilty doesn't mean ALL of you are guilty.

It's about time we stop denying women a voice in these matters. The reasons models don't come forward are vast. But one of the major reasons is played out right here in this thread. They are never believed, and are forever after looked at as troublemakers and liars. It's career suicide to complain.

So bravo to the OP for trying to help his model friend. It is good to see the support. He should send police reports and links to news articles, if any, of the incident to this site's legal department.

Sep 10 21 10:27 am Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

"Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see."
Clare Hesse anybody ?
For those who dont know the story...MM fell for a troll dude who set up fake accounts and pulled a highly successful cancer/death hoax that the entire site fell for.
https://wackylosangeles.blogspot.com
To answer the OP...this is why !!!

Sep 10 21 02:34 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

Not posting negative things or accusations has nothing to do with not believing the woman. There are acceptable norms and legal realities.  I would not expect to see the name of a sexual assault victim in a news article because the accepted norm is to protect her privacy.  I think that normal people who are accused, regarding any crime, should not be named either, unless there was enough probable cause to issue a warrant, indict, or arrest. 

It cannot be dismissed that some people will use false accusations as a weapon. False accusations and untrue negative comments, in my opinion, are more likely to be made by photographers against models as a means of coercion.  Across society, there have been a notable high profile cases where lives were damaged based on false allegations.  Documentation of instances extend all the way back to biblical times.  Is it too much to ask to allow for fact finding before meeting out punishment?

I doubt there are many men on this site that would want one single predator to have access to profiles. Our self interests are compromised by every person that uses this site to abuse another person.  Only a horrid man would receive any news of an attack on a woman with anything but concern for the woman and disgust for the predator.

The possibility of non-members being able to contact models because contact information is provided in a profile is a safety concern and any vulnerable person providing such information should have their profile hidden from non-members, in my opinion.

Sep 11 21 04:59 am Link

Photographer

MarkGerrardPhotography

Manchester, England, United Kingdom

It doesn't matter if there is a rape kit involved or not, it's not a proof a crime has been committed until the charges are filed.  It's in your best interests not to spout too much about it until the charges are filed at the earliest

Unless you were actually at the scene you don't know what happened even if the model tells you it did.

Back in 2017 a model contacted myself and another photographer around 9pm asking for help as she'd been given a spiked drink and then raped by a photographer and an MUA.  The other photographer got help to her and the case was investigated,  A lot of things were said about the accused on FB and I think on MM as well.
A few months later the model posted on FB that she'd had to jump out of a moving Uber because she was being sexually assaulted by the driver
It later turned out that it was false accusations in both cases.  For what reasons I do not know

Sep 13 21 02:41 pm Link

Photographer

Jason McKendricks

Chico, California, US

About 15 years ago there was a model who posted a thread on this very forum claiming a photographer had "raped her of mind and body". These forums were very active at the time and the model's story began to fall apart. Then the photographer in question showed up and shared his side of the story and even posted a few images from the shoot which contradicted the model's claims.

And that incident is a major reason why this site does not allow you to simply post a "review" of another member. The mods and staff have no way of knowing if the claims are true or if you are simply making a defamatory post.

If what you say is true then contact the mods privately with a copy of the police report and any other evidence you can provide.

Sep 15 21 09:58 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

It's really sad that a person can't warn others about a predator without fear of retaliation by the masses.

It's amazing how the past few days have revealed how massive some of the sexual assault cases are and how deep they're covered up by the people involved, politicians, police, and now even the FBI!!!

USA Gymnastics sex abuse scandal - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USA_Gymna … se_scandal

McKayla Maroney: FBI made 'entirely false claims about what I said'
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/15/politics … index.html

Simone Biles Says the FBI ‘Turned a Blind Eye’ to Larry Nassar
https://www.thecut.com/2021/09/simone-b … assar.html

FBI fires Michael Langeman, lead agent on failed Nassar
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-fires- … cs-doctor/

FBI fires agent who failed to pursue tips about sex abuse by USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national … story.html

So, in this day and age who can a victim turn to?

Sep 16 21 10:49 am Link

Photographer

EdAlemanPhotography

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

SayCheeZ!  wrote:
It's really sad that a person can't warn others about a predator without fear of retaliation by the masses.

It's amazing how the past few days have revealed how massive some of the sexual assault cases are and how deep they're covered up by the people involved, politicians, police, and now even the FBI!!!

FBI fires agent who failed to pursue tips about sex abuse by USA Gymnastics doctor Larry Nassar

Let's not forget about Jerry Sandusky having his sex abuse covered up by JoePa and Penn State University.

Sep 16 21 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

MoRina

Neumayer - permanent station of Germany, Sector claimed by Norway, Antarctica

SayCheeZ!  wrote:

Exactly.
As a veteran of the US Military, I can tell you that things that were ignored in the past are now being listened to and compensated. Others are seeking satisfaction through civil courts. But money can never make up for lifelong mental health struggles and the death of promising careers.
All of you who continue to support policies that cover up bad behavior/inappropriateness and assault are part of the problem.

Sep 16 21 12:38 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

EdAlemanPhotography wrote:
Let's not forget about Jerry Sandusky having his sex abuse covered up by JoePa and Penn State University.

Let's not worry about getting facts straight or exaggerating either.  Paterno passed it up the chain of command which is exactly what he was supposed to do.  The University didn't cover up anything.  Three men did something criminal, but they were not convicted of a cover up.  While they were employees of the university, they were not the university and they were all subordinate to other people.  Those three men all got jail time and lost their jobs.  There is no proof that Paterno participated in a cover up.  Consequently, what you have done with your post is to do the very thing that many people are afraid of- the leveling of false or unproven actions and being guilty in the court of public opinion.

The Pennsylvania State University stepped up and settled the claims of the victims. 

There is and was a lot of horrible crap surrounding the actions of Sandusky and the people around him.  Do Penn State people wish Paterno had done more?  Yes.  Probably damn near everybody- everyone except the truly sick people.  But they also think McQueary should have done more.  He was the ONE to see something. 

"As Pennsylvania attorney general, Corbett had overseen the early stages of the Sandusky investigation before he was elected governor. Some believe the focus on failings at Penn State diverted attention from failings at state agencies, including the attorney general’s office, which later drew criticism as details emerged about a criminal investigation that moved at a plodding pace that frustrated the first victim to contact police in 2008."

"In November 2012, prosecutors filed a series of charges against Spanier, Curley and Schultz — including obstruction of justice and conspiracy — that seemingly affirmed Freeh’s conclusion, as it related to the administrators. In the courts, however, the coverup case largely collapsed, with most of the charges tossed by appeals judges over ethically questionable behavior by a prosecutor and Penn State’s former general counsel, who initially represented the administrators and then became a witness against them."

"While Freeh celebrated the verdict in public statements as vindication, alumni pointed out that the conspiracy charges failed to produce convictions, Paterno was never charged with a crime, and the prosecutors who led the Sandusky investigation repeatedly have said they did not believe Paterno participated in any coverup."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/spo … enn-state/

What happened at Penn State should not have happened.  Deflecting eyes off of Michigan by pointing out Penn State again does not make what happened at Michigan and the broad problem of child and sexual abuse in gymnastics less heinous. Consider the time lines of the two series of abuses.   

Any football coach bringing kids around is going to raise suspicions now and forever more because of Sandusky, but kids are doing gymnastics all over the country are in little, private studios.  The coaches there are not going to raise suspicions just because of their proximity to children.

SayCheeZ! wrote:

Thankfully, hopefully, more and more people believe victims and more and more people listen and there are better protocols in place and being set up.

Sep 16 21 02:03 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Jason McKendricks wrote:
About 15 years ago there was a model who posted a thread on this very forum claiming a photographer had "raped her of mind and body". These forums were very active at the time and the model's story began to fall apart. Then the photographer in question showed up and shared his side of the story and even posted a few images from the shoot which contradicted the model's claims.

I remember that incident!  The headline was so dramatic!

I want women and girls to come forward in prosecuting sexual predators.  Those that cry wolf making false accusations, or those photographers who spread hearsay or rumors without the model coming forward do not help in the real cases.

Hunter  GWPB wrote:
Thankfully, hopefully, more and more people believe victims and more and more people listen and there are better protocols in place and being set up.

Yes, thankfully this is true!  Modelmayhem open forums are NOT the proper place to report crimes by sexual predators.

Sep 16 21 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

SayCheeZ!  wrote:

I am with you 100% that we must do better in listening to victims of these crimes and prosecution of the criminals.  However what we have here is a photographer asking what we can do about someone else (a model)  and other photographer who is rumored to have committed a crime while being on Modelmayhem???    I am supportive of being a victim advocate and going after this photographer, but the victim herself must carry through on this.  Third party reporting does not hold up well in court, nor should the photographer be blacklisted (convicted?)  without a proper investigaton.

A website like Modelmayhem or Facebook is NOT the proper venue for trials of criminals.   In many cases, the proper venue is in criminal courts.  The victims themselves were reporting the abuse, but FBI failed horribly in the case of Larry Nassar.  It is not always the "photographer" that is the criminal.   I was shocked to learn of one of the models I was in communication with here on Modelmayhem participated in murder of a man in Florida.  Amanda Logue was on my friends list and I was hoping to shoot with her on a planned visit to California.  She is now doing 40 years for murder.
https://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/cr … g/1231200/

Please read further on the Modelmayhem forums about the case of Amanda Logue;  https://www.modelmayhem.com/forums/post/873133 

On my suggestion that thread was moved to OT because when she led a double life away from the modeling but of prostitution, porn movies, drugs, and ultimately murder.  She was working in a different capacity than as a model when she committed these crimes.   She was on my own website at the time as a model.   I had no idea!

Sep 16 21 03:40 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

Jason McKendricks wrote:

And that incident is a major reason why this site does not allow you to simply post a "review" of another member. The mods and staff have no way of knowing if the claims are true or if you are simply making a defamatory post.

If what you say is true then contact the mods privately with a copy of the police report and any other evidence you can provide.

I remember this one, I think it was before the Cancer/Death hoax.
Sock Puppet trolls and False accusations are a proven fact. Why do some deny their existence ?

Sep 17 21 10:11 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Brooklyn Bridge Images wrote:

I remember this one, I think it was before the Cancer/Death hoax.
Sock Puppet trolls and False accusations are a proven fact. Why do some deny their existence ?

Catfishing, trolls, and false accusations have been on web forums since forums like on Modelmayhem were created.  It seems that drama and click bait drives traffic and makes money for the websites.  This creates a problem with making third party claims on an open forum.  We have had many posts asking about how to protect models from photographers who might be honestly trying to help, but with all the problems of verifying these claims, the real criminals pass on through.

Amanda Logue was a model on here who participated in forums and was photographed by MM member photographers. She did not have a criminal record, yet she became a participant in murder with her boyfriend.  She is now serving 40 years in Florida prison for that murder.

Sep 17 21 01:49 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

"How do I report a predator?"

This is what to do.  Listen to the model.  If a crime has been committed, be supportive and encourage that model to report the incident to the proper authorities.  If you are a witness to the incident, then you can report what you saw occur in collaboration wtih the model.  Making vague posts on the modelmayhem forums might be entertaining, but do little to help the situation.

Sep 17 21 02:01 pm Link

Photographer

Jason McKendricks

Chico, California, US

MoRina wrote:
All of you who continue to support policies that cover up bad behavior/inappropriateness and assault are part of the problem.

Not a single person in this thread advocated covering up inappropriate behavior or assault. Furthermore, every incident you posted is vastly different than posting on Model Mayhem forums or profile pages.

According to the OP the authorities have been investigating this incident and a copy of the police report should be enough to remove this person if an assault occurred. Past history supports this as the aforementioned Amanda Logue was removed from this community after her crimes.

But the appropriate path here is to contact the mods; not a review on a profile page.

Sep 17 21 04:22 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:

Catfishing, trolls, and false accusations have been on web forums since forums like on Modelmayhem were created.  It seems that drama and click bait drives traffic and makes money for the websites.  This creates a problem with making third party claims on an open forum.  We have had many posts asking about how to protect models from photographers who might be honestly trying to help, but with all the problems of verifying these claims, the real criminals pass on through.

Amanda Logue was a model on here who participated in forums and was photographed by MM member photographers. She did not have a criminal record, yet she became a participant in murder with her boyfriend.  She is now serving 40 years in Florida prison for that murder.

I followed her story at the time and saw the postings from numerous members who had worked with her or been in contact  about shooting with her. She was quite popular on MM.
In one of her old posts about shady togs A white Knight member came to her defense. He got into a forum battle with a former popular member. He was soon arrested for running a kiddie porn ring/plus incest charges for impregnating his daughter with his grand child.
I also know Alex Tischman who was involved in death of the Google Exec.
I know several other MM models in the news for serious crimes like running international drug ring from Oz/NZ
I know story in the news of MM model who faked an abduction hoax to get attention from BF.
The point is you never know who or what you are dealing with from unknown people on the internet.
https://www.psycholocrazy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/everybody-lies-e1377529318632.jpg

Sep 17 21 04:49 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

I followed her story at the time and saw the postings from numerous members who had worked with her or been in contact  about shooting with her. She was quite popular on MM.
In one of her old posts about shady togs A white Knight member came to her defense. He got into a forum battle with a former popular member. He was soon arrested for running a kiddie porn ring/plus incest charges for impregnating his daughter with his grand child.
I also know Alex Tischman who was involved in death of the Google Exec.
I know several other MM models in the news for serious crimes like running international drug ring from Oz/NZ
I know story in the news of MM model who faked an abduction hoax to get attention from BF.
The point is you never know who or what you are dealing with from unknown people on the internet.
https://www.psycholocrazy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/everybody-lies-e1377529318632.jpg

So you knew  Alix Tichelman?  Wow!  I have spent a lot of time around Santa Cruz, and that was a huge news story.  I knew she had a profile on Modelmayhem.   Ms.Tichelman served only 3 years for her part in the death of Timothy Hayes.  She is a stunningly beautiful woman!  https://www.ksbw.com/article/alix-tiche … h/21756704

There are beautiful women on this Modelmayhem website who will do most anything for money regardless if it has anything to do with photography or not.  There are "guys with cameras" whose primary motivation is to pay beautiful women to be with them with or without the camera.  They will find each other on here.   It's just a fact of life.  However, it is harmful to the reputation of those of us who take our photography and modeling seriously.  I'm not here seeking to get laid, or to date models.  They are here ... many have not been caught, and it is not easy to filter them out when there is only rumors, but no proof of wrong doing .. that is until a crime has been committed.

Sep 18 21 01:51 am Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

im aware of the above incident too, and a few others.

true dat.
if this thread has devolved into stories,...
i hosted a model once who wouldnt tell me her real name, but she let me know her reasoning behind not telling me her name was because she was concerned i would google it and see her arrest record. haha!
spoiler alert: she didnt kill me in my sleep.

i've also had several incidents with models making unwanted sexual advances, but the rare times i made mention of those incidents here (years ago) it gets dismissed. white knights only defend models (or females) i guess?

Sep 18 21 10:28 am Link