Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Help !!!! Raw files wont load...........

Photographer

MirrorImage Photography

Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, US

I currently have Adobe Photoshop CS5...... have had for about 8 years, never a problem, previous camera was Nikon D300..... raw images loaded fine. Upgraded to Nikon D780.... now Raw files wont load to my photoshop.... instead get this message............ ((( COULD NOT COMPLETE YOUR REQUEST BECAUSE THE FILE APPEARS TO BE FROM A CAMERA MODEL WHICH IS NOT SUPPORTED BY THE INSTALLED VERSION OF CAMERA RAW )))   Please if someone knows what i need to do, to be able to still use this version with my new camera.... i would be very grateful tyia

Oct 16 21 01:48 pm Link

Clothing Designer

GRMACK

Bakersfield, California, US

Download Adobe DNG Converter 13.4 from here:  https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/usin … erter.html

Put your RAW files into a Temp folder and use the DNG Converter to open those files and convert them to DNG which will work in CS6 or Lightroom.  Sort of a PITA, but it works.

There is other software out there that works better than Adobe, imho.  DxO PhotoLab 4 does wonders for optical issues with sundry gear as well as noise with their Prime Noise engine.  They also have a new slimmed-down version called PureRAW.

I'm using Exposure X7 now since it has an even better CA adjustment capability than DxO, or Adobe which is dismal, imho.  It has four areas to adjust CA issues as with fast Noct f/0.8 lenses present wide-open as well as Defringe.

If you like IR cameras, then ON1 Photo RAW 2022 has the channel swapping in their Filter section which is much easier than Adobe.  I've been using that program when shooting through a magenta filter to lower the noise in the blue and red channels according to the recommendations of the LibRaw guys here:  https://www.libraw.org/articles/magenta … gicam.html  Basically yo are over-exploiting the red and blue while holding back on the green with the filter, and it shows up in a RAW (Not JPEG) histogram where the RGB channels converge on a gray or white color.

If you want sharpening power, then Topaz Sharpen AI.

Lots of different software out there to deal with RAW files of newer cameras - and some much better than Adobe too.

Oct 17 21 08:08 am Link

Photographer

MirrorImage Photography

Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, US

ty for trying to help..... i tried to download the DNG converter..... i'm running windows 7, it says you need windows 10 or better.... i tried anyways.... it wouldn't download..... sad

Oct 18 21 02:58 am Link

Retoucher

Matt Letharian

Lublin, Lubelskie, Poland

Try XnConvert - its easy to use.

Oct 20 21 11:33 am Link

Retoucher

AndrewRa

Aleksin, Tula, Russia

Update Camera RAW to the latest version.  In Creative Cloud

Oct 27 21 10:26 am Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

MirrorImage Photography wrote:
ty for trying to help..... i tried to download the DNG converter..... i'm running windows 7, it says you need windows 10 or better.... i tried anyways.... it wouldn't download..... sad

There used to be older versions of programs buried deeply in the adobe site
Im sure you can find a Win 7 version if you have to patience to do the needed searches
I might have a copy on an archive Hard Drive I can send if you dont find anything

Oct 29 21 12:53 pm Link

Retoucher

MrsTien

Hà Nội, Đồng bằng sông Hồng, Vietnam

You need setup new version PS and update Camera raw...CS5 not working....

Nov 13 21 08:17 pm Link