Forums > Newbie Forum > Yet another "I'm new" post from a braindead twink

Model

whatitfeelslike

San Francisco, California, US

Hey guys, I'm 24 year old dude looking to seriously get into modeling. My dream is to one day walk the runway for the iconic designers, my favorites being McQueen, Mugler and Calvin Klein.

Until then I want to just master the art of modeling, the work that goes into it, the networking, the art form, forming professional bonds with others in this industry, etc.

I am SoCal based, but also spend a good amount of time in San Francisco.

Feel free to peruse my photos and give me any suggestions on where to apply myself smile . I have yet to work with any serious photographers but am on constantly perusing various social medias trying to connect with photographers nearby, but unfortunately 99% of the time they want to shoot me nude and it's starting to get a little weird (I live in San Diego and there's a famous nude beach here so I think that has something to do with it) but I, in my humble opinion, have too much going on visually to only have my body focused on 24/7.

Also, some things about me:

I speak 2 languages. My family is from Bosnia, we moved to America when I was 4. My parents still barely speak English to this day. So I speak both Bosnian and English. But also,  I grew up very multiculturally aware and can read/write in Korean (Hangul is quite easy to learn as an alphabet)
I want to get into modeling and fashion industry because I feel as though there are so many worldly cultural people who have become successful via their art in this industry, including refugees like me. I want to one day level with these icons whose art I have appreciated and has influenced me in one way or another my entire life.

Mar 09 22 04:29 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

whatitfeelslike wrote:
"a braindead twink"

First word of advice is, don't put yourself down.

Mar 09 22 06:21 pm Link

Photographer

JohnTozziPhotography

Seattle, Washington, US

Welcome!

San Diego has its own fashion week.  You should get on their mailing list and watch for casting calls.

There is also a Facebook group called San Diego Fashion Apparel and Accessory Designers. You should check them out, as many of them may need models for photos, lookbooks, and shows.

I can understand your love of Calvin Klein.  I wore a CK tux on my wedding day.  I wasn't going to wear anyone else.

Mar 21 22 02:51 pm Link

Photographer

Fall River Photo

Salinas, California, US

Mark Salo wrote:

First word of advice is, don't put yourself down.

I second that advice, and I'd suggest writing it on the mirror or wherever else you put your affirmations. Because (he added cynically, but from well-earned experience) there are plenty of people in the industry who will do that for you.

Mar 23 22 06:44 am Link