Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > How to Become a Swimsuit Model - By Aaron Marcus

Model

Aaron Marcus

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I want to share my latest article for Backstage with everyone.

How to Become a Swimsuit Model
How to Become a Swimsuit Model
https://www.backstage.com/magazine/arti … ide-74914/

I hope you enjoy the article and find it helpful.
Aaron

Mar 30 22 07:51 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

You mention a day rate of $1000 to $2000- I would think that would be for the average experienced agency Model who knows how to pose

Its True that Swimsuit Modelling has become more inclusive regarding body type , age etc - but those tall curvey fashion model types still are the preference for the majority of Designers it would appear

Apr 05 22 11:27 am Link

Photographer

Dan Howell

Kerhonkson, New York, US

I'm sure that you had the best intent with your article but it implies that there are actually working swimsuit models rather than fashion models who do a lot of swimwear/bodywear bookings. While there might be some web/amateur/freelance models who think of themselves as swimwear models, many (if not most) swimwear companies use fashion models. Swimwear is a relatively small market compared to fashion as a whole. A model would be considered foolish to limit themselves to only one slice of the market.

How do you become a swimsuit model? Become a fashion model. Even a quick scan of the Miami agency Front that you linked in the article shows that none of their models are only swimwear models.

Apr 06 22 04:25 am Link

Photographer

JSouthworth

Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom

How do you become a swimsuit model?

Put on a swimsuit and pose for some pictures. Swimwear is of course often used in glamour photography as well as the fashion magazine and catalogue field of activity.

Apr 23 22 09:00 am Link

Photographer

Photographer12years

Everett, Washington, US

Ya know it's like many other things some girls get to be a published model with minimal effort and others they put a lot of work into it.  It all starts though with a portfolio and learning how to pose.

Jan 05 23 02:24 pm Link