Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Anniversary Check In: 17 Years on MM

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Yes, dear MMers, another year went by and it's time for my annual check-in on Model Mayhem on the Fifth of April.

Although I am not logging in, except for super rare occasions, like, if there is a topic that has not been discussed on MM, EVER! big_smile

I do lurk from time to time though.

Saying HELLO to my friends I have met here, and farewell to so many that have passed on in the past two years.

If you are reading this, you've made it through for now and I am glad.

I am still going strong with my photography, still shooting fashion and magazine editorials, real estate und whatever corporate job is coming along.

My regional casting calls group, that I started has now over 53K members and I don't stress myself as much anymore, because it was just too much.

I changed my avatar here, to reflect my avatars cross social media platforms to show the support to the country of my family, which is the Ukraine.

Many always assumed that I am German and they ignored when I told them that I am not. Fact is, my family on my father's side is from Odessa and I am the first in my family that was born outside the Ukraine.

It is a sad situation, and my family just shows how entangled the two nations are, as my mother was Russian.

I have so many Ukrainian friends in NYC, and so many models originated from the Ukraine, it makes the situation so close to home.

Well, professionally, I am pursuing education in aerial videography and film editing, because this is opening an whole new universe of creative expression up for me, that was really exciting.

Also, on a whim, with no specific planning, I registered the URL and IG for "New York Fashion News" a week ago.

This site used to belong to my late friend and former MMer George Horn. His nephew contacted me if I had some of George's New York Fashion Week runway footage and I thought to check if that site was still up. It was gone and on impulse, I registered that site and created a FB page and IG profile for it...

... WITH NO CLUE WHAT TO DO WITH IT!

I thought I'll give it a year and see if I want to start an online magazine like that. If not, maybe someone else is interested.

In addition, my decades long dream to update my own website "udorphotography" never happened, but a little change, hoping that will give me the drive for a completely new site, I registered just "udorphoto" as it's also my IG account and my email... to keep it simple and unified for branding. Of course, nothing else has been done yet!

So, in conclusion, my friends and those that never heard of me, but still reading this post out of pure boredom:

HAPPY SHOOTING!

Apr 05 22 12:19 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Udor, so good to hear from you. I know you don't come around often. I do miss your insights and commentary though.

After the Russian scourge assaulted your homeland, my wife and I looked for ways we could help. We have since donated to UNICEF and Jose Andres' World Central Kitchen, both on the front lines helping refugees of this awful war. I hope your family and friends in Ukraine are safe.

Just as an aside, I will mark seventeen years on MM in December 2022.

Good luck and all the best, Udor.

Apr 05 22 06:14 am Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Always good to hear from you and find out what you've been up to!

Apr 05 22 11:01 am Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

Hi Udor, thanks for popping in to say hello and catching us up to what you've
been doing. I think very few on either side will get though unscathed mentally,
physically or financially, I hope cooler heads will help end the war.

Apr 05 22 09:37 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:
Udor, so good to hear from you. I know you don't come around often. I do miss your insights and commentary though.

After the Russian scourge assaulted your homeland, my wife and I looked for ways we could help. We have since donated to UNICEF and Jose Andres' World Central Kitchen, both on the front lines helping refugees of this awful war. I hope your family and friends in Ukraine are safe.

Just as an aside, I will mark seventeen years on MM in December 2022.

Good luck and all the best, Udor.

Hi Frank!

So good to read from you!

Thank you for your support of the Ukrainian people!

I myself am donating when I can to purchase protective gear, food and medical supply.

Yeah, you are a 17er yourself!

Congrats on the longevity and that you are still active on MM, not like me.

Be safe and stay happy, my friend!

Udor

Apr 09 22 06:04 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

LightDreams wrote:
Always good to hear from you and find out what you've been up to!

Thank you for your interest on lil' ol' me! big_smile

My IG is still www.instagram.com/udorphoto I am not sure if we are connected over there! smile

Apr 09 22 06:05 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Motordrive Photography wrote:
Hi Udor, thanks for popping in to say hello and catching us up to what you've
been doing. I think very few on either side will get though unscathed mentally,
physically or financially, I hope cooler heads will help end the war.

Yes, but, when I see the levelled villages, ziptied and executed civilians on village and city roads, not even close to military installations, I don't think that we'll find the cooler heads in the Kremlin... or, let's say just Putin, because there might emerge a few cooler heads that will put an end to what's going on.

I fear it will take a very long time until the Ukraine is being rebuilt and the trauma from the attack dissipate, if ever.

The new Ukraine started to have a very promising future, and Putin just couldn't tolerate a thriving democracy in a brother country... his own people might get "ideas" and endanger his powerstructure.

The world is changing in front of our eyes!  hmm

Apr 09 22 06:11 pm Link

Photographer

NoirPixels

Santa Fe, New Mexico, US

Hey wow, HI UDOR!!!

It is sooooo god to see an old face here! You were always so kind and helpful and knowledgeable you always stood out from the crowd and were one of my favs back when this site was jamming and hopping.

Yeah, even tho this account is new, I've been here off/on for at least 15 years, and I'm still shooting and improving even if at snail speed lol.

As for Ukraine, let us hope the heartless monster in the Kremlin responsible dies suddenly - today. My family is giving money to my dentist, who is a (born and raised) Polish woman with family right on the Ukrainian border. She's converting cash donations in America, into surveillance drones, body armor, and night vision goggles purchased in Europe; her relatives then get all those across the border and directly into the hands of troops who need them. Russia must lose this war against the civilized world. My heart just breaks...

It is so good to hear from you, even if infrequently, be well my friend!

Apr 10 22 05:21 am Link

Hair Stylist

rick lesser

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Udor, wow I have not heard your name in a while!  I had to check my sign on date.  I just realized April 12th was my 17th year anniversary! Looks like we both are celebrating the same number of years!

Apr 18 22 12:03 am Link

Photographer

Al_Vee Photography

Asheville, North Carolina, US

Howdy!

We're friends on Facebook, but I've been on MM under various aliases (and several different locations) since 2007, mostly as a model. Keep a very low profile these days, but it's good to see some of the old MM veterans still around.

Congratulations on a million years here!

Apr 23 22 06:35 am Link

Photographer

JQuest

Syracuse, New York, US

Congrats Udor! It's been an interesting run, right?

Apr 24 22 04:39 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

You've got me beat.  16 years for me, on and off.

May 22 22 12:23 pm Link

Photographer

- Phil H -

Mildenhall, England, United Kingdom

Count in another old timer as still about Udor, an coming up rapidly on 15 years as a member of MM. smile

Jun 10 22 02:42 pm Link

Photographer

Jon Ayotte

Madison, Wisconsin, US

Hello stranger. If I remember correctly, we share a love for Brazilian music. smile

Jun 19 22 09:03 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn 2

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

I'm still here on my 4th profile, but it's still me.
Still modeling for art schools & the occasional photographer.
Still shooting, created a pretty popular poster for New Orleans Decadence weekend this year.

*hugs*

Oct 29 22 08:25 am Link

Photographer

Managing Light

Salem, Virginia, US

Udor, it's great to hear from you, and to hear that you're doing well despite our difficult times.

While I'm nowhere close to a fashion photog, I've always enjoyed hearing of your Fashion Week exploits.

I didn't realize that you were Ukrainian.  My family has been cursing the Russians and Putin's barbarous invasion.  Your countrymen have gathered the world's (the civilized portion, anyway) admiration in how they have kicked some serious Russian ass despite the tragic cost.

Oct 29 22 12:30 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

You are the Man, the Myth and the Legend

And it is Great to hear that your Journey continues

Oct 29 22 05:58 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

December 23rd it will be 16 years.

On and off, with some long off spells.

Oct 29 22 06:28 pm Link

Photographer

JDF Photography

Marengo, Ohio, US

Congrats to the 17 years on MM. Passed that mark myself last month. I too had assumed you were German based on your last name.
My sympathies to you and your countrymen. Blyad eto swinya Putin. Slava Ukrani!

Nov 09 22 10:29 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

18 years for me in June. I cannot believe I have been doing this for half of my life now. hienvy

Nov 11 22 03:47 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Happy belated 17th!

smile
Condolences as well, for all those lost in the last few. years, (it has been very hard, for certain.) Forever changed, a new level of PTSD. However, looking onward with respect and love to those who will not be here with us for it.

Hugs,
Jen

Nov 19 22 08:36 am Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Udor! Where ya at, pal?

December 20, 2005

Geez. Been hanging out here for 17 years!

Oh my.

Dec 22 22 07:44 pm Link