Forums > Newbie Forum > i have been scammed

Model

MariaEmilia

Los Angeles, California, US

hello i joined this site not to long ago and was scammed out of 300 dollars and almost 3000 dollars out of this inbox about a casting

Invitation to Apply to Casting
Hello,
We wanted to reach out to you directly and let you know of a casting call that you would be perfect for. We really think you should apply for the opportunity to be part of 2022  Walt Disney. The Walt Disney Company commonly called Walt Disney or just Disney is an American varied international mass media and entertainment industry. The company was formed during the year 1923 and is headquartered in California, United States. It is the world’s largest producer and provider of information and entertainment.

There are a lot of characters that have helped Disney to become a great conglomerate. Few popular characters are Goofy, Mickey Mouse, Ariel, Donald Duck, etc. These are the great characters that have made the brand a great one. The company as a brand stands for value and ethics. Kids these days make use of these channels to learn many things.

We are interested in working with you for a professional photoshoot and a short video to create commercial awareness about  Walt Disney.

Casting Call Title: Casting Models for Walt Disney

Casting Location(s):
United States

Compensation: Paid (7000)

To learn more about the opportunity, please visit the casting page here.To learn more about the opportunity please send your submission directly to the casting email  [email protected] with all the details required from you which includes:
Name:
Recent photos:
Current Location:
Phone No:
Email:
Height:
Ethnicity:
Experience:
Social Media Accounts/Website:
If you are represented by an agent. Please state your agency or agent contact details to [email protected]
No experience is necessary, although confidence in front of the camera, ability to take direction, a great natural style, and a good smile is a plus.
SEND YOUR SUBMISSION WITH THE ABOVE DETAILS TO  [email protected]

Please include your number and email when you send your submission to the email above and you can also visit the casting page which will be open for a few hours.

Thanks,
Cyril Kollock

they even sent me a fake contract and everything

May 03 22 06:12 pm Link

Model

Avery Wilson

Fort Worth, Texas, US

I usually just flags those. I click the profile and examine it and flag them!!

If it sounds to good to be true, flag them.

Look at castings for work and browse for photographers to work with!!

May 03 22 06:37 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

I'm sorry for your loss.

How did these people contact you?

MariaEmilia wrote:
hello i joined this site not to long ago and was scammed out of 300 dollars and almost 3000 dollars out of this inbox about a casting
. . .
Casting Location(s):
United States
. . .
Compensation: Paid (7000)
. . .
No experience is necessary,
. . .
they even sent me a fake contract and everything

How did they scam you and how did they almost scam you?
The typical scam sends a check to you and instructs you to send part of that to a third party. Never deposit a check and forward money to a third party. Note that even a "cashier's check" can be a forgery.

Location is very vague.

They are going to pay $7000 to someone with no experience.

A fake contract. Of course it was fake. Anyone with a computer can create a fake contract.

May 04 22 08:46 am Link

Model

MariaEmilia

Los Angeles, California, US

yeah i was scammed out of around 300 dollars
fortunately the bigger scam didnt go through
i have no experience with agencies, therefore........

but i fell for it because i googled the name of the person who signed and he seemed legit enough
i already sent the agency an email, letting them know that someone is stealing their identities

i feel so dumb and embarrased now

May 04 22 09:37 am Link

Photographer

Weldphoto

Charleston, South Carolina, US

I'm sorry you were taken advantage of in such an expensive way. One of the many things I noticed in the scam was the "gmail" address.  I use gmail, but I'm not a billion dollar international corporation.  I would suspect Disney would have it's own domaine.  That is one little thing to look out for in the future. These scam swine are heartless and will use anything to get money.  You will, I hope get many real offers and build a solid book and enjoy your modeling. Think of this scam as a  $300. graduate-school-in-life course and it might not hurt so much.  Best wishes!

May 04 22 10:18 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

MariaEmilia wrote:
yeah i was scammed out of around 300 dollars
fortunately the bigger scam didnt go through
i have no experience with agencies, therefore........

but i fell for it because i googled the name of the person who signed and he seemed legit enough
i already sent the agency an email, letting them know that someone is stealing their identities

i feel so dumb and embarrased now

Nothing that you have written tells us how the scam worked.
You've not shared any information that would help other MM members to avoid these scams.

May 04 22 10:23 am Link

Photographer

Jim Bergstrom

Dennysville, Maine, US

Post hidden on May 06, 2022 05:25 am
Reason: not helpful

May 04 22 12:40 pm Link

Mod 7 (Cust. Svc.)

El Segundo, California, US

Moderator Note!
Please see this video and read the article about Avoiding Scams: https://bitly.com/MMavoidscams
Once you review that info you should be able to easily recognize and avoid those scams.

May 06 22 05:27 am Link