Forums > Photography Talk > WordPress theme for creating a stock image library

Photographer

PR Zone

London, England, United Kingdom

If you wanted to set up an 'Adobe Stock' type site (where you can have your images 'searchable')...

...any recommendations on WordPress themes to do this?

Jun 03 22 05:48 am Link

Photographer

Znude!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US

PR Zone wrote:
If you wanted to set up an 'Adobe Stock' type site (where you can have your images 'searchable')...

...any recommendations on WordPress themes to do this?

It's been a few years since I used WP. As I remember once you install it doesn't if offer a lot of different themes right in the menu? Seems like some were free and some were for sale. And I remember being able to simply switch themes on the fly to see which one's I liked. But it has been many years since I fooled with WP. Seems like the search depended on adding tags to your posts.

Jun 03 22 06:46 am Link

Photographer

PR Zone

London, England, United Kingdom

I'm talking about a commercial theme - maybe $50-150 - that is a proper stock image system 'off the shelf' :-)

Jun 03 22 07:02 am Link

Photographer

Znude!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US

https://www.google.com/search?q=wordpre … nt=gws-wiz

Most themes for WP which are for sale will have a link somewhere to the company or person who created it. I would bet that they would design something like you want and go so far as to install it into the directory of your server and test it out. I know I used to get offers all the time from people looking for work doing that.

There are also sites like FineArtAmerica.com where you can upload your images and sell them from there.

Jun 03 22 10:37 am Link