Forums > Photography Talk > Photographer needed for a Hollywood Gym ad 4 trade

Wardrobe Stylist

electralux77

Los Angeles, California, US

If there are any photographers that are interested in shooting a David La Chapelle style ad for a gym, I am producing this for a   female 35 year gym owner who happens to be an immigrant. She is a wonderful person and I have worked out at the gym for years. I have come up with the concept, created a story board, casted the models and am looking for a photographer would is interested. There is for gre membership trade. It is best if you are a Hollywood resident.

If you are interested I will send you the concept deck, the shot list. check out my web site for wardrobe styling and producing.

all the best,

Michael Holdaway
www.michaelholdaway.com

Nov 28 22 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

Jefferson Cole

Prague, Prague, Czech Republic

A photographer with the creative, and technical expertise of David La Chapelle is not going to shoot for gym membership in lieu of payment.

Jan 02 23 04:30 am Link

Photographer

Studio NSFW

Pacifica, California, US

Jefferson Cole wrote:
Oh boy, work for free, where do I sign up?

I guess at the web address listed at the bottom of the post.

Probably ought to be in "Casting calls" rather than in the forum. 

But your response is about what I think most models have when offered a TF shoot.   At least you get a gym membership out of it.

But for the original poster, what does the gym owners immigration status have to do with anything?

Jan 02 23 07:08 am Link

Photographer

tcphoto

Nashville, Tennessee, US

God help us all, the Industry has certainly bottomed out. I imagine the gym makes money, they want a highly produced shoot but have no budget. I guess their money is going towards the Ad Buy Budget or there's going to be about a hundred comped memberships soon. To top it all off, they'll likely demand ownership of the images.

Jan 02 23 07:33 am Link

Photographer

Jon Winkleman Photo

Providence, Rhode Island, US

If someone is interested to barter in exchange for a membership, good for them. However in general TFP shoots and free work is usually (and ethically) done with the understanding that one person will not be profiting from a collaboration where everyone else is donating their time and skills and not being paid. That someone is a good person or an immigrant is not relevant. Commercial work used for advertising should always be paid work.

Jan 03 23 07:43 am Link