Forums > Photography Talk > Please use right exposure unless you are very conf

Retoucher

sanqiuyinghua

Huaiyin, Jiangsu, China

Let me reiterate that the camera is just a tool. It is as boring as whether to start the car first or wear the seat belt first. After all, our purpose is to reach the destination safely.
So you have to discuss again, what kind of machine is better, how to set parameters, or other issues,

If you agree with Right Exposure, then just put forward your opinion on it. If you don’t agree, you can directly object and give your opinion.
Stop dwelling on unimportant topics, it's childish

Apr 26 23 09:00 pm Link

Photographer

RichPhoto

Casper, Wyoming, US

sanqiuyinghua wrote:
There is a theory called the survivor effect. Simply put, you can’t deny Nikon’s decades of hard work and offend other Nikon users because multiple Nikon cameras and different models have failed.

We all know that the quality control of enterprise products allows them to have a certain failure rate, maybe you just encountered bad luck with Nikon, bad luck, so if you have similar problems with Canon, you still care so much Is this a thing?

so let's stop here! This may be important to you, but not to most people

It must be important to you because you are the one bringing this up. After I said we wore this out.  I already stated that I will not be responding to reply's. But in answer to your theory (which is a different topic), I can and do say that even though Nikon has been hard at work, they have been failing and market share, customer loyalty, (mine specifically) and stock have been going downhill and market share dropped to 14 percent
https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/news … rops-to-14

Kodak did incredible things, and you can't deny their hard work, but they still failed. As does your theory.

Apr 26 23 09:01 pm Link

Photographer

RichPhoto

Casper, Wyoming, US

sanqiuyinghua wrote:

Rich M Photo wrote:
Since you were discussing knowledge and correct exposure settings and exposing to the right.. Canon has a unique feature.

It is called FV Mode (Flexable).
I refuse to answer this kind of question, why don't you come up with your own works for discussion instead of talking about these boring questions,

Don't you discuss such boring issues, the end result is not to enable you to get a better user experience and put more energy on image creation? So if you insist on competing, take out your works and put them on other boards to compete.

What are you talking about? You brought up proper exposure and exposing to the right. I just stated to increase knowledge that Canon has a feature that allow people to do this more easily. so you think your own discussion is boring. I kinda do too, but you said that Canon is noisy, but it is not. At least on my Canon camera.

You said "so if you have similar problems with Canon, you still care so much Is this a thing?"

My answer would be yes. I would care but Canon has not given me any issues and I have not had to send either camera back to the factory for a recall.

You said  "I refuse to answer this kind of question" I did not ask you a question, I think something is getting lost in translation. I would not ask you a question generally, perhaps a rhetorical one maybe.  I stated that Canon has a feature that allows you to expose to the right easier without blowing out highlights which is your boring topic, not mine.

Apr 26 23 09:10 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Rich M Photo wrote:
I can and do say that even though Nikon has been hard at work, they have been failing and market share, customer loyalty, (mine specifically) and stock have been going downhill and market share dropped to 14 percent
https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/news … rops-to-14

WHY would you quote a 2 1/2 year old article, at Nikon's bottom BEFORE the Nikon Z9 was even announced, and claim those figures as if they're facts TODAY?

You EITHER have no clue how to use Google for basic information, OR you are deliberately and repeatedly lying.  I'm not sure which is worse. Regardless, it reflects VERY badly on you.

JUST STOP IT.

Meanwhile, you might want to learn how to read a balance sheet, complete with superb growth in revenue and operating profits.   Net profit for the 3rd quarter up $154 Million (US), up 119.4%.  Imaging division revenue up 49.4% year over year.

There's a reason that all of their staff got unexpectedly good bonuses and raises, right across the board.  Not to mention increased hiring plus increased stock dividends for the investors.  Even better performance expected this coming year as their supplies chains continue to improve (they couldn't keep up with the demand last year).  And that's not even factoring in the latest new products (such as the Z8, etc).

FACTS.

Apr 26 23 10:02 pm Link

Photographer

RichPhoto

Casper, Wyoming, US

LightDreams wrote:
WHY would you quote a 2 1/2 year old article, at Nikon's bottom BEFORE the Nikon Z9 was even announced, and claim those figures as if they're facts TODAY?

You EITHER have no clue how to use Google for basic information, OR you are deliberately and repeatedly lying.  I'm not sure which is worse. Regardless, it reflects VERY badly on you.
JUST STOP IT.
Meanwhile, you might want to learn how to read a balance sheet, complete with superb growth in revenue and operating profits.   Net profit for the 3rd quarter up $154 Million (US), up 119.4%.  Imaging division revenue up 49.4% year over year.
There's a reason that all of their staff got unexpectedly good bonuses and raises, right across the board.  Not to mention increased hiring plus increased stock dividends for the investors.  Even better performance expected this coming year as their supplies chains continue to improve (they couldn't keep up with the demand last year).  And that's not even factoring in the latest new products (such as the Z8, etc).

FACTS.

Facts, you don't know how things work (see how I just turned it around and said the same thing you did? LOL) That is the latest statistic you can find on Google about market share, and they are facts.
Here are some more facts.. 9 dollah, love you long time. LOL I wouldn't buy their stock, or their cameras LOL but hey that is just me. I actually find this exercise quite comical. You are the fanboy, I could care less is Nikon or Canon or Sony is better. I wouldn't recommend Canon (at this time), and that is what I shoot with LOL.What I like about you, is that you ignore every other strong point, and look to the weakest point I make and try to find a chink in the armor so to speak. Let other people decide who is making things up and who has facts. I am sure there are people on both sides, your fanboy side and the facts side. LOL
https://www.imadethis.photo/1/nikon.png

Apr 26 23 11:05 pm Link

Photographer

Studio NSFW

Pacifica, California, US

I don’t expose my camera to the right anymore. 

It hates trump rallys.

Apr 27 23 07:51 am Link

Photographer

RichPhoto

Casper, Wyoming, US

Studio NSFW wrote:
I don’t expose my camera to the right anymore. 
It hates trump rallys.

LOL
I don't expose my camera to the left anymore,
My camera doesn't like people who have been Trumped and only can speak about Trump even though he is not president anymore.

I have started doing stand up comedy. It is like photography. Low pay, try to make people smile, and everyone tells me how much better they are than I am. I have been told not to quit my day job and when they ask me what my day job is, they are alarmed when I say I shoot people.  LOL

Apr 27 23 10:13 am Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Rich M Photo wrote:
you ignore every other strong point, and look to the weakest point I make and try to find a chink in the armor so to speak.

I LOVE IT!

Such minor "chinks in the armor", as you say, such as repeatedly insisting that "Nikons are unreliable".  Despite every measurable independent stat and user satisfaction survey that says otherwise.  I know, they're just annoying little details (minor "chinks in the armor" as you call them).  This was YOUR WHOLE POINT!

And then trying to change it to deliberately quote 2 1/2 year old figures (at the start of the pandemic and before the Z9 was even announced) to talk about profitability.  While, as anyone could see, the current figures, profitability, growth and dividends are so strong.  I know, just ignore all those little details / mistakes...

Yep.  Truly "minor" errors that you based your entire claims on!   Don't worry, we know EXACTLY how seriously to take you now.   So don't be surprised when people just completely ignore your forum claims in the future.  You've worked very hard to build such a solid "fact based" (hah!) reputation.

Apr 27 23 10:16 am Link

Photographer

RichPhoto

Casper, Wyoming, US

LightDreams wrote:
I LOVE IT!

Such minor "chinks in the armor", as you say, such as repeatedly insisting that "Nikons are unreliable".  Despite every measurable independent stat and user satisfaction survey that says otherwise.  I know, they're just annoying little details (minor "chinks in the armor" as you call them).  This was YOUR WHOLE POINT!

And then trying to change it to deliberately quote 2 1/2 year old figures (at the start of the pandemic and before the Z9 was even announced) to talk about profitability.  While, as anyone could see, the current figures, profitability, growth and dividends are so strong.  I know, just ignore all those little details / mistakes...

Yep.  Truly "minor" errors that you based your entire claims on!   Don't worry, we know EXACTLY how seriously to take you now.   So don't be surprised when people just completely ignore your forum claims in the future.  You've worked very hard to build such a solid "fact based" (hah!) reputation.

I think you are looking at this from an incorrect perspective. I show facts, and let others decide. You try to draw conclusions for others. Just because I left Nikon because they have so many problems/issues and are going down the tubes does not mean I do not want them to succeed. Competition improves the breed. Everyone will make better cameras for less or they will go out of business. I don't want Nikon to go out of business. They will help lower prices for the other brands and make them more competitive, or Canon/Sony will slide out of position and not make money, like Nikon. I am glad that Nikon is paying their employees (not their investors so well). It might be the thing for better attitude and with new products to help pull them out of  their steady decline and make them competitive against up and comers like FujiFilm. This is good for everyone, but to deny they moved their business to Thailand and their quality control had gone into the dumps and their reliability is not as good. It would be like me trying to deny that Canon is making a big mistake stopping 3rd party from making RF lenses. If you bought a 50k dollar truck form Chevy and they said you can only buy Chevy parts and stop 3rd parties and charged over double for those parts, but Ford did not do this, it would be a big problem for Chevy. I would tell people don't buy a Chevy, buy a Ford. People would go nuts if Chevy did this and probably people would quit buying them (except the fanboys). This is not rockets science. Nikon has had major problems and has admitted it and lost it's place to Sony, and possibly to Fuji if they keep going the they way they are and bringing a new flagship camera only to recall it as soon as it is released is not a feather in their cap. If you think this is the way Nikon should try to build back customer trust and brand loyalty showing it is still having quality control issues, you are just a delusional fanboy.

Apr 27 23 10:46 am Link