Forums > Model Colloquy > Modelling fitness

Model

Simon Rob

Durham, England, United Kingdom

Just wondered what different models did to keep fit. I have a stomach muscle problem so look the same no matter what more or less: less of a problem given that although the casting agency I am signed to only have 1 models category I would probably be classed as a mature plus size model. I will start I do 1 hour 6 days a week split between yoga and somatic exercises as invented by Thomas Hannah in the 1970's.
What do you do to keep fit?

May 10 23 11:25 am Link

Model

Simon Rob

Anyone noticed the exercise magazines are always saying that models do substantial weight routines. Surely this would make it difficult to fit into clothes and there is little advantage in being bigger and cannot think that the mainstream sized models will always do better. I could be wrong on this however.

May 10 23 12:02 pm Link

Model

Simon Rob

What are the different requirements for fitness for different types of models?

May 10 23 01:33 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Simon Rob wrote:
I do 1 hour 6 days a week split between yoga and somatic exercises as invented by Thomas Hannah in the 1970's.

You go guy!

May 10 23 06:52 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Simon Rob wrote:
What are the different requirements for fitness for different types of models?

Do what helps you stay healthy.  It sounds like you are already doing that.  A good friend of mine who does modeling, photography, music, make up, and is one of the best billiards players I know is doing hot yoga nearly on a daily basis.  She is the mother of three kids, so she does have a tummy, but that is normal.  She looks great, is healthy and happy!

I go on a 30 minute or longer nature walk at least 6 days a week for my own health and sanity.  Oh, and try to eat healthy while listening to music daily!

May 10 23 08:41 pm Link

Model

Simon Rob

Patrick Walberg wrote:

Do what helps you stay healthy.  It sounds like you are already doing that.  A good friend of mine who does modeling, photography, music, make up, and is one of the best billiards players I know is doing hot yoga nearly on a daily basis.  She is the mother of three kids, so she does have a tummy, but that is normal.  She looks great, is healthy and happy!

I go on a 30 minute or longer nature walk at least 6 days a week for my own health and sanity.  Oh, and try to eat healthy while listening to music daily!

She probably has the same stomach muscle problem I have, women get it through childbirth. Some guys get it through exercise. I used to exercise a lot, but my brother has it too so probably genetic.

May 11 23 01:41 am Link