Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

I was perusing the threads in search of a retoucher and noticed that a number of responders posted links to their work but very few showed before and after photos.  I would think before and after photos would be as crucial to a retoucher as before and after photos would be for a person that remodels a home or a person on a weight loss journey.
Am I missing something here?

Aug 05 23 07:48 am Link

Retoucher

Natalie

Prague, Prague, Czech Republic

You are absolutely right, but the main problem of the retoucher is that not many photographers allow you to post their pictures, especially before and after. And even if you see it, you can't be sure that these photos have been stolen, so always ask for a test photo. Because I saw several pages in IG with my work

Aug 09 23 05:00 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

I suggest that you offer free retouching if the photographer will allow before and after.

PS. I don't have Instagram.

Aug 09 23 11:23 am Link

Photographer

Mark Brummitt

Clarkston, Michigan, US

natalieretoucher wrote:
You are absolutely right, but the main problem of the retoucher is that not many photographers allow you to post their pictures, especially before and after. And even if you see it, you can't be sure that these photos have been stolen, so always ask for a test photo. Because I saw several pages in IG with my work

That makes sense.  What are your rates and turn around time?

Aug 12 23 08:16 am Link

Retoucher

Natalie

Prague, Prague, Czech Republic

Mark Brummitt wrote:

That makes sense.  What are your rates and turn around time?

I'll write you in PM

Aug 16 23 07:13 am Link

Retoucher

COLORIFY RETOUCH

New York, New York, US

Mark Brummitt wrote:
I was perusing the threads in search of a retoucher and noticed that a number of responders posted links to their work but very few showed before and after photos.  I would think before and after photos would be as crucial to a retoucher as before and after photos would be for a person that remodels a home or a person on a weight loss journey.
Am I missing something here?

I also think that a retoucher who shows his work without before and after is at least strange, because he is not a photographer, many retouchers start doing photo shoots themselves so that there are raw files for retouching, because photographers do not allow publishing files before retouching.

Aug 26 23 01:39 am Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

Whenever I do 'before & after, I always ask the models first. Because there are unflattering images that some models might not want them to be seen. Even I have the full model release, making someone angry and unflattering are not me. That's just me.

Sep 03 23 12:15 pm Link