Forums > Photography Talk > What's in your portfolio?

Photographer

GotTheLook Photographer

Allentown, Pennsylvania, US

I have 12 images, 6 portraite & 6 landscape all on flat (non-gloss) paper. I do it this way so the viewer isn't constantly turning the book. I like the flat because, the glossy had too much glare (poss... it was hi-gloss).
What do you have and why?

Gary

Sep 02 05 11:14 am Link

Photographer

Columbus Photo

Columbus, Georgia, US

I don't have a traveling portfolio.  I rely on wall-sized prints.  Got a bunch of them hanging and a bigger bunch in the back room.

Paul

Sep 02 05 01:32 pm Link

Photographer

TheScarletLetterSeries

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho, US

Three hardcopy bound portfolio books for three different audiences/clients----Portraiture, Weddings, and Commercial. And more images on the studio walls!

Sep 02 05 02:07 pm Link

Photographer

markEdwardPhoto

Trumbull, Connecticut, US

GotTheLookPhotographer wrote:
I have 12 images, 6 portraite & 6 landscape all on flat (non-gloss) paper. I do it this way so the viewer isn't constantly turning the book. I like the flat because, the glossy had too much glare (poss... it was hi-gloss).
What do you have and why?

Gary

I have three lost-luggage printed portfolio. Each with a different portfolio depending on client (product, commercial, family). Each has 20 images total.

Like you, I keep all the images the same way so that the client does not have to turn the book. This is very important.

I too have my prints in matt or satin. The sleeves are non-glare sleeves as well.

Each book cost me about $450 for the book and the prints. Each book has brought me 15x that amount.

I also print up 20 mini portfolios that I leave behind with the client.

M

Sep 02 05 03:40 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

Yea, believe it or not a few of my clients still want to see hard books.

They'll ask in a shy way, but I can tell if I said no or just referred them to my Web portfolio they'd put me with the rest of the rejects.

Hard books have retroactived themselves by making photographers and models who carry them, stand out.

I have 4 different books I carry with me, one for music, one for models, one for stock and one for editorial.

Each book has 15 images 10 in color and 5 in B&W all on glossy and matted edges for a contrast display and a bio/client list for that specific jondra.

I know I've received recent work from my books.

Sep 02 05 03:55 pm Link