Professional, versatile, natural, non-diva art/commercial/dance
TRAVEL... I like seeing new places.
I travel internationally
for modelling jobs.
...I live in Oxfordshire, relatively near to London, and drive/travel around the country, Europe and beyond. Please send me a message if you'd like me to contact you when next in your part of the world, or to influence my itinerary. (On my wishlist: Everywhere. Excuses to visit 'everywhere' welcome.)
Available for and experienced in:
- COMMERCIAL (Fashion, Lifestyle, Dance/Sports, Wedding, Hair/Beauty)
- ART (anything beautiful/interesting/experimental; nothing 'adult'-themed)
DIRECT COMMUNICATION is a wonderful thing! ...Please don't use Lists/Comments/Friend Requests/subtle hints sent via telepathy to get my attention. Although they're appreciated, I don't always have time to properly register them, pester you for a declaration of intent or chase you (I'd rather wait for your proposal), whereas I always reply to direct messages as soon as possible (usually within a few days unless you tell me it's urgent). I accept all friend requests indiscriminately every few months.
I work with photographers, painters and artists of various media, whether amateur hobbiests or experienced industry professionals, for exhibitions, workshops, commercial publication or for-the-fun-of-it creative portfolio building. I welcome all enquiries, questions and ideas, whether it's last minute or far in advance, and wherever in the world you are.
- Represented by commercial agencies, highly experienced in artistic nude work, happy and effective in a range of styles
- Dance trained (see section below). I use my love of movement and stories to add grace and expression to your vision.
- 5'7.5, UK size 10 with a unique and natural (but versatile) look: wild hair (naturally curly), 'English Rose' skin (pale and blemish-free) & blue-green eyes.
- Toned, flexible and slim with feminine, classical curves.
- Confident enough to deliver as well as thriving on new experiments
- Friendly, absolutely reliable, very easy going and always being described as 'calming'!
- Add-able on FACEBOOK. Accept no imposters! :-)
- Slightly addicted to BLOGGING about my modelling experiences (with fresh new images twice per week - far more than you'll see here!)
Please visit my website - www.ellarosemuse.co.uk for 15 full, individually-themed galleries, references, my résumé plus info on creating with me...
- Although modelling is my occupation, my integrity is more important to me than money; I will (and quite frequently do) turn down paid work if I don't think I'm the girl for the job, and can be a little selective over who I work with, simply because I want to continue loving this job (this has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not you're a 'beginner'). Sidenote: I'm afraid I don't consider publication in men's mags (or similar) an 'opportunity'.
- It's rare that I am given any direction whatsoever on shoots (though I'm perfectly happy to be directed if you know what you want!), so my portfolio generally represents my own natural posing & movement.
- You get what you see. I don't accept/include images for my own portfolio in which my body shape has been 'liquefied'/altered; I represent myself fairly. Yes, I might look incredible nipped/tucked/inflated... But I'd rather be credible. (I don't mind in the slightest if photographers want to do this stuff for their own uses.)
- I am proud to have an extremely high proportion of re-bookings from artists/photographers. Click here for a few testimonials.
- You can read an interview in PHmag here. Or this one, 'Modelling, Vanity and Self-Awareness', published right here on Model Mayhem. Or this article/interview hybrid, 'The Muse', by David Bollt.
- I modelled exclusively for an internationally-renowned painter for a year (3/4 times a week; not from photographs); I'm good at keeping still! It was an honour. You can see some results on my website. I still model for him sometimes (and am available for work created with various media).
- I'm often told I look much younger than I am (I'm 27 but my age here on MM is adjusted to better reflect my appearance). I am lucky to have excellent skin without retouching (plus a healthy lifestyle).
- Here are some videos.
- I'm a full time model and writer (a general resume is on my website).
- I'm fuelled by Earl Grey tea. Or Lady Grey or Chai if I'm feeling wild. :-) (No coffee, alcohol, smoke, meat or fish.)
- I'm very very experienced at modelling for tuition/workshops (boudoir, fashion, nude, portraiture, wedding...). I'm relaxed, friendly and good at putting people at ease. I can pose with or without direction, as required.
- I'm pleased to announce the fruit of several months' coordination and three years of my happy deviation into a life of art modelling: an official print book, 'Faerie Garden', is now available for purchase, thanks to the kindness and generosity of the artists involved! Read all about it here, and you can view/purchase it here, with a proportion of any profits going to Amnesty. Thank you.
D * A * N * C * E
A life-long passion; I have trained in many different styles since the age of 3. (My parents never bought me a pony, though... I'll forgive them one day.)
Styles currently doing: Commercial (aka Hip-hop/Urban/Street) - 4 classes/rehearsals per week with a performance company.
- Bellydance/Raqs sharqi (Arabian, Turkish, Egyptian, Tribal & Fusion) - performed with troupe.
- Hip-Hop, Street, Jazz, Tap and Character - exams taken to a high/professional standard. Many university performances
- Ballet & Contemporary - exams taken to high standard. I can pose (simply) en pointe.
- Salsa (performed for demonstrations regularly whilst at university)
- Flamenco, Bollywood, Gypsy Dance, Tango - some experience
- Garifuna/Punta (aka 'bootyshake') - taught by locals in Caribbean Central America! ;-)
Watch a 100% improvised, unplanned solo (filmed as a last-minute favour by Mark Bigelow)
HAIR, MAKE UP, WARDROBE AND IDEAS
- I come to shoots with my hair naturally wavy/curly, unless something else is requested in advance. I can style it myself, or if you feel like hiring a hair stylist, that's always fun; it can make such a huge difference to my look and get you some extra-striking images!
- I am able to do my make up to a high standard, from 'natural' to 'evening/glamorous' (most of what you'll see is done by me); if you want extra bold/intricate make up, I can recommend or help find a make up artist.
- My wardrobe collection is vast and diverse. (My personal taste is eclectic/colourful/feminine/bohemian/glamorous.) I can provide lots of things in different styles for shoots, including ballet tutus, skirts and pointe shoes, wedding dresses (Vintage Victorian and modern) and bridal corsets, bright sports/dance/yoga-wear, colourful and casual fashion, glamorous evening dresses and sophisticated ball gowns, beautiful lingerie (lace, silk, sheer, flowing, vintage, diaphanous, bright and modern...), romantic pre-Raphaelite clothing, plus jewellery, accessories, props, isis wings (I have two pairs of these; they're bellydance props!), silk dance veils, world costumery and lots more to add texture and interest to imagery. I have a habit of bringing too much, so you will be spoiled for choice.
- If you want to work with me but aren't sure what theme/style you'd like to experiment with, I have a list of ideas I haven't yet done which would make for some fresh and interesting images. Just ask!
Although I love my job and feel lucky to do it, I work hard and modelling is my full-time (yes, tax-registered) income so I expect to be paid reasonably for my time, skills and experience.
No 'TF'; I honestly just don't have the time (unless you want to boost my agency portfolio with a lightning-quick turnaround of seriously amazing high-res images...). Thanks though! Every shoot is a collaboration for me and I get quite excited about doing the best I can on any given booking.
I take respect for other people's time very seriously and hope that you will do the same when booking me; if you have to cancel a booking within 7 days of the arranged date, I will be understanding but may ask that you pay the full amount regardless, so that any costs can be covered. (If this happens, I may view the payment as credit for a future shoot, depending on the circumstances.)
MODELS - I'm always happy to help (with reference checks, etc.). And here's something I wrote for women. :-)
Have a nice day, and I hope to hear from you!
Important Note...Artist Q&A!
Q: Can I make a painting/drawing from an image I've seen of you?
A: Probably, BUT You will need prior permission from the copyright holder as well as from me, and there may be some conditions. Please enquire first and respect the law with regards to creating derivative work, as well as respecting my role as the subject. Thanks!