Forums > Model Colloquy > Photographer Who Make Models Cry

Photographer

- null -

The Model (11:29:43 PM): Rawr.

The Photographer (11:30:15 PM): who is this? the name is kinda familiar.

The Model (11:30:24 PM): lol
The Model (11:30:26 PM): it's ---------, ya doof.

The Photographer (11:30:46 PM): oh. the flake. yeah, i remember you.
what can i do for you?

The Model (11:31:12 PM): Thanks.

The Photographer (11:32:53 PM): i'm being honest.
we had a scheduled shoot. you didn't call to cancel. you just never showed up or called. that is flaking.
then you called me the next day, having me confused with someone else and said, "let me call you back later"
that was weeks ago. you never did call.
so, what can i do for you now?

The Model (11:33:17 PM): Well, I suppose an apology is in order.
The Model (11:33:21 PM): So, I am sorry.

The Photographer (11:34:31 PM): thank you for the apology. i appreciate it.

The Model (11:35:13 PM): So.. You plan on being civil now?

The Photographer (11:36:56 PM): i am always civil.

The Model (11:37:50 PM): mm-hmm.

The Photographer (11:39:47 PM): however, i'm not really interested in idle chat or rescheduling a shoot. so that is why i was asking what i could do for you.

The Model (11:40:12 PM): I suppose nothing. If you didnt want to talk.
The Model (11:40:27 PM): you really didn't have to be an ass about it all. good night to you, sir

The Photographer (11:44:18 PM): i'm not being an ass. i am being civil. i simply have no need to engage in idle chat or schedule reshoots with people who stand me up. that is rude and inconsiderate. i do sincerely appreciate and accept your apology. i don't hate you. i don't resent you. i don't have any hard feelings towards you at all. i just like having personal and professional relationships with people who are more considerate of my time.
if you see my sense of self-respect as being an ass, then i guess i am.

The Model (11:45:09 PM): Wow. You ARE an ass.
The Model (11:45:26 PM): ok, as if my day wasnt bad enough, now I'm downright bawling, jesus fucking...*sigh"* I need to have a drink and go to bed.
The Model (11:45:28 PM): I said goodnight.

The Photographer (11:46:20 PM): goodnight.

Sep 23 05 08:32 pm Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

WTF?!

What was her problem? You were honest and I don't blame you at all.

Although I think this calls for a spanking.....

Sep 23 05 08:34 pm Link

Photographer

C Hansen Photography

Clarksville, Tennessee, US

She needs to get thicker skin.

Sep 23 05 08:36 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

DawnElizabeth Moderator wrote:
WTF?!

*perks* spanking?

Sep 23 05 08:43 pm Link

Model

Earth Angel 555

Los Angeles, California, US

she should have called. you have a right call her a flake b.c there was no communication on her part. KUDOS TO YOU! big_smile

Sep 23 05 08:45 pm Link

Photographer

C Hansen Photography

Hmm, very interesting.  Hand, belt, whip?  Covered or bare?

You naughty girl Dawn.  big_smile

Sep 23 05 08:46 pm Link

Model

ahdreamer1600

Springfield, Oregon, US

Thats unbelivable! i cant believe she didnt expect that kind of reaction! and that is so rude not to call,if you agree to meet someone,you do it!!Gosh people dont say your going if your not gonna!

Sep 23 05 08:53 pm Link

Photographer

Champion Hamilton

New York, New York, US

I wouldn't say it's about needing a thicker skin. It just seems she needs to realize it was business and treat it as such.

In this case "The Photographer" wasn't rude at all. In fact, I applaud the fact that what was said to "The Model" was direct and clear without being out of line. It's one thing if it was on friendly terms but in this case it's pretty obvious that it was all about business.

Sep 23 05 08:53 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

i am so good looking, i have NEVER had a cancelation or a no show.

Sep 23 05 08:54 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

WTF?!

A spanking? From you?

Oh, my monkey has been even worse than me! You should consider spanking my monkey instead ...

Sep 23 05 08:58 pm Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

In all seriousness, I had a nice discussion with a model I met through the OTHER site a few days back. She contacted me to shoot her portfolio update. In the course of our meeting, she revealed that she didn't treat photographers she met through these sites as if they were legit because in her mind, legit photographers don't need to be members of websites like this. Needless to say, I am not shooting her portfolio and handed her money right back to her. She has since emailed and apologized for her words.

Do all models harbor this kind of thought? I never did and I've NEVER heard this before.

Sep 23 05 09:02 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

In all seriousness, I had a nice discussion with a model I met through the OTHER site a few days back. She contacted me to shoot her portfolio update. In the course of our meeting, she revealed that she didn't treat photographers she met through these sites as if they were legit because in her mind, legit photographers don't need to be members of websites like this. Needless to say, I am not shooting her portfolio and handed her money right back to her. She has since emailed and apologized for her words.

Do all models harbor this kind of thought? I never did and I've NEVER heard this before.

Legit photographers don't need to be members of websites like this?

... And what about the models?

You should have told her, "Pot, this is kettle."

Sep 23 05 09:05 pm Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

There was more I wanted to say. But, proudly, I was what my daughter would say was very grown up about it.

Sep 23 05 09:08 pm Link

Model

ahdreamer1600

Springfield, Oregon, US

I sure dont, i think sites like this just make it easier to find people!

Sep 23 05 09:15 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

This reminds me of a model I worked with once and then communication dropped off for a few weeks/months. I was going through my contact list and decided to call her again to see if she was up for a TFCD shoot when she asked for some money stating the new van and expensive camera I had, and that I must be well off and could afford to pay her for the modeling.

The shoot I did the first time was her first session ever. She was a body to place in front of the camera and brought nothing to the shoot as far as experience or wardrobe.
After I told her that I was sorry, but couldn’t pay her she went off and called me names while swearing like a sailor.

She came back a few weeks after that and acted like nothing ever happened, until I asked her what was with the change of attitude to which she said she was Bi-polar and has these episodes....

*Noted*

I have not worked with her since the first time.

Sep 23 05 09:16 pm Link

Photographer

C Hansen Photography

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:

Legit photographers don't need to be members of websites like this?

... And what about the models?

You should have told her, "Pot, this is kettle."

You hit the nail on the head Eric.  No further comment needed.

Chris

Sep 23 05 09:22 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Kilgore

Edina, Minnesota, US

Chris Hansen wrote:

Hmm, very interesting.  Hand, belt, whip?  Covered or bare?

You naughty girl Dawn.  big_smile

It'd have to be implied cause she no get naked. So an Implied spanking for Dawn the salmon burner wink

Sep 23 05 09:30 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Wow. My advice: stay away from her. Too many professional and committed models to deal so you don't have to deal with this crap. Life's too short, and I suspect so is her career. Cheers, Tim

Sep 23 05 09:32 pm Link

Photographer

Bill Gunter

Daytona Beach, Florida, US

I made a model cry once, at her request. I got a little bottle of glycerin and an eyedropper at the pharmacist and created some tears.
She used it on her composit.

Sep 23 05 09:35 pm Link

Model

DawnElizabeth

Madison, Mississippi, US

mag-jr wrote:

It'd have to be implied cause she no get naked. So an Implied spanking for Dawn the salmon burner wink

Hahahahahah! Very quick. I love that.

Sep 23 05 09:43 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Not to be crass, but if you've never heard of this kind of attitude in models, you're not moderating too closely.  I see new examples of "photographer-phobia" on the forums here everyday...Take a quick spin through the various threads and you'll find models who regard photographers as "creeps," "pervs," "weird," "deceitful"...even "rapists".  Granted, the way many photographers view models they meet online is no better, but...

Sep 23 05 09:44 pm Link

Photographer

Champion Hamilton

New York, New York, US

I once worked with a musician/model who could cry on request... When she was having trouble for one take (a music video), she rubbed chewing gum near her eyes to make herself cry. I had to give her much respect on that one.

Sep 23 05 09:45 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

mag-jr wrote:

Hahahahahah! Very quick. I love that.

And where is showin' da luv for my monkey comment? That was very clever of me, I must say.

Sep 23 05 09:47 pm Link

Photographer

John Lavery

Manchester, Connecticut, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:
And where is showin' da luv for my monkey comment? That was very clever of me, I must say.

Um...  I think we were ALL trying to ignore that one, Eric.   smile

Sep 23 05 10:27 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Sounds like The Model didn't even remember being a no-show until directly reminded.  Poor memory or substance abuse?  In either case, I don't think The Photographer was being an ass... an ass would have at least used foul language and insults.  Kids these days, sheesh. wink

Sep 23 05 11:01 pm Link

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

Looking at the title, I thought Eric broke some pretty girl's heart again.  LOL

Sep 23 05 11:53 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:
The Model (11:45:26 PM): ok, as if my day wasnt bad enough, now I'm downright bawling, jesus fucking...*sigh"* I need to have a drink and go to bed.

k.  so is this one of those negativity threads everyone has been harping against?

Sep 24 05 12:33 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

WTF?!

Yea,cmere Dawn -pats knee-
lol

Sep 24 05 12:56 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Why the heck is she a member of the other site then,lol

Sep 24 05 12:58 am Link

Photographer

Virgin Isles Test Shoot

Flora, Illinois, US

"Rawr."

???????

Nice way for her to start the conversation. She was acting familiar, not professional. That might be the way you greet a buddy, but in no way, shape or form a method of starting a professional conversation about business.

Her other phrase gives me a mighty clue:

"The Model (11:40:12 PM): I suppose nothing. If you didnt want to talk. "

I have been driven absolutely batty by models who just want to chat on MSN. I just want to do my work! Why this barrage of lonely models wanting to talk? Is this some new form of lobbying? Do they think that if a tog knows their sad home and love life the tog will take pity on them and showerthem with shooting opportunities?

I've had models open IM conversations with: "Let's not talk business today, my boyfriend just cheated on me." and "I don't know how I'm going to pay this months rent." and "Can you help me immigrate to America?".

This is an interesting profession. On one end you have pervert camera men, on the next end total sob stories who make you the bad guy for not listening. Then, somewhere in the middle, there are those of us togs and mods who seriously really want to get some work done.

Would she have walked into an agency she had stood up and greeted the receptionist with "Rawr"?

The internet makes mod/tog relationships more personal and convenient. This is not a license to devulge your personal lives and problems. Everyone on this site and others like it are engaged in business (pervs excepted). We should all act like buinesmen throughout our every interaction and keep things on a professional, above board level. friendships can and will be made, yes. But friends know how to separate business from friendship.

If a model had walked into my studio with that attitude, she would have gotten quite a few more words out of my mouth than "flake" and a door slammed in her face. The poster should be complimented for his restraint.

Sep 24 05 01:23 am Link

Model

Rachel DellaPorte

Montgomery, New York, US

lol i adore u eric

Sep 24 05 02:30 am Link

Photographer

- null -

RachelCWhittemore wrote:
lol i adore u eric

That's because when I'm not making models cry, I'm a fairly adorable guy.
wink

Sep 24 05 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Farrell

Nashville, Tennessee, US

You heartless bastard! LOL, I can't blame you a bit smile You were justified in your words. I made a model cry once when I cooked her and her manager dinner, meanie I am chopping onions :-)

Sep 24 05 02:14 pm Link

Photographer

commart

Hagerstown, Maryland, US

In the course of our meeting, she revealed that she didn't treat photographers she met through these sites as if they were legit because in her mind, legit photographers don't need to be members of websites like this.

No question -- defensive and paranoid model behavior tires me out, for sure.  I can't do much about me (sorry: I have a girlfriend and many dance partners smile ; my involvement with photography has been long-lived; I really want to further enjoy and explore the art with those similarly involved).  However, I may be able to do something about how I choose models, invite them to shoot, and setup shoots.  That first, however, choosing and qualifying each model, seems the most critical step.

Sep 24 05 04:02 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:

... *geezo*

You get all kinds don't ya? LOL

Sep 24 05 04:05 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Joe K. Perez wrote:
You get all kinds don't ya? LOL

No doubt. What the hell kind of wacked-out vibes am I emitting to attract this kind of lunacy into my life?

Sep 25 05 01:32 pm Link

Model

spyro2122

Orlando, Florida, US

man how funny. you meanie!!lol. but seriously she got what she deserved.

Sep 25 05 01:51 pm Link

Model

angelavasquez

Murrieta, California, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:

The Photographer (11:30:15 PM): who is this? the name is kinda familiar.

The Model (11:30:24 PM): lol
The Model (11:30:26 PM): it's ---------, ya doof.

The Photographer (11:30:46 PM): oh. the flake. yeah, i remember you.
what can i do for you?

The Model (11:31:12 PM): Thanks.

The Photographer (11:32:53 PM): i'm being honest.
we had a scheduled shoot. you didn't call to cancel. you just never showed up or called. that is flaking.
then you called me the next day, having me confused with someone else and said, "let me call you back later"
that was weeks ago. you never did call.
so, what can i do for you now?

The Model (11:33:17 PM): Well, I suppose an apology is in order.
The Model (11:33:21 PM): So, I am sorry.

The Photographer (11:34:31 PM): thank you for the apology. i appreciate it.

The Model (11:35:13 PM): So.. You plan on being civil now?

The Photographer (11:36:56 PM): i am always civil.

The Model (11:37:50 PM): mm-hmm.

The Photographer (11:39:47 PM): however, i'm not really interested in idle chat or rescheduling a shoot. so that is why i was asking what i could do for you.

The Model (11:40:12 PM): I suppose nothing. If you didnt want to talk.
The Model (11:40:27 PM): you really didn't have to be an ass about it all. good night to you, sir

The Photographer (11:44:18 PM): i'm not being an ass. i am being civil. i simply have no need to engage in idle chat or schedule reshoots with people who stand me up. that is rude and inconsiderate. i do sincerely appreciate and accept your apology. i don't hate you. i don't resent you. i don't have any hard feelings towards you at all. i just like having personal and professional relationships with people who are more considerate of my time.
if you see my sense of self-respect as being an ass, then i guess i am.

The model is unprofessional. IF she expects to make it in this industry she really needs to toughen up or shes going to become a total basket case......

Ciao
Angela
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Sep 25 05 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

angelavasquez wrote:
IF she expects to make it in this industry she really needs to toughen up or shes going to become a total basket case......

"Going to become" a total basket case?

Sep 30 05 04:03 am Link