Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Setiquette: What is and is not appropriate?

Makeup Artist

Mariana J S

New York, New York, US

Don't criticize other models.

Always tell the model she looks beautiful. smile

Jul 11 07 02:11 am Link

Makeup Artist

ROSHAR

Los Angeles, California, US

bump

Jul 13 07 08:52 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rhonda M

Baltimore, Maryland, US

bump...

Sophie, I'm sorry, but your t-shirt (from the "What do you look like" thread) made me think of something else...smile

Don't wear clothing with catchy phrases on them especially vulgarities.  It could definetely be offensive to the client and/or others on set.

Jul 16 07 12:14 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rhonda M

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Positive bump...smile

Jul 17 07 05:49 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

Sophie R wrote:

I'm 5'3 too. I have a pic of me retouching a very tall model on set. I'm the same height but that's because I'm standing on a chair!! Cracks me up!

I am much better having the model in a high chair even if I have to tiptoe a bit (not that much) but I have back problems.

Then a normal chair for hair.

I remember this commercial I did, there was a charcater in there who was supposed to be a giant. He was about 6'3 on his own and they had him in these tall tall tall platform boots... I had to stand on an apple box on my tippy-toes to touch him up... and I am 5'6. I think there was a picture at some point- but it got lost into the abyss.

I also remember doing music videos and getting cramps in my calves later that night- because I was up-and-down tippy toes-flat-tippy toes-flat for like 10 hours.

I have since learned there is no shame in wearing chunky sneakers/boots when doing music videos. not stillettos- but those tacky bratz doll looking shoes.

Jul 17 07 06:00 pm Link

Makeup Artist

KeniaSantana

Miami, Florida, US

its NOT appropiate to dig in your nose and then start doing makeup on a model and trust me- I saw someone doing this at a shoot several years ago when i worked at a modeling agency....(the model didnt realize it- since she was too entertained talking to the other models- but i happen to see how nasty the makeup artist was)...

Maybe that's one of the reasons why I havent heard about this makeup artist in a looooooooong time...she's probably NOT getting any work for not being professional and Higenic at all.

Jul 17 07 06:04 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

bump

Sep 06 07 08:13 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

Kenia Mishelle wrote:
its NOT appropiate to dig in your nose and then start doing makeup on a model and trust me- I saw someone doing this at a shoot several years ago when i worked at a modeling agency....(the model didnt realize it- since she was too entertained talking to the other models- but i happen to see how nasty the makeup artist was)...

Maybe that's one of the reasons why I havent heard about this makeup artist in a looooooooong time...she's probably NOT getting any work for not being professional and Higenic at all.

all
I can say is EEEWWWWWWWW thats soo gross !!!!!!!
I nearly threw up in my mouth a little smile

Sep 06 07 09:33 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Christina Brands

Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Florida, US

IzzyOnTheEyes aka Liz L wrote:
I did a TFP where one of the "models" (I'm using the term loosely) brought her freakin' DOG! so of course the dog wanted to be where the action is (the makeup station), while the girls were literally throwing a ball over my head as I was working on someone else.
Another thing that bothers me are photographers that think you can do hair AND makeup in 15 minutes flat...

I had the same thing happen to me not too long ago. It was for an ad campaign. Everything was going great, and then all of a sudden one of the models shows up with a dog. Worse yet, it wasn't friendly... it growled at everyone. I love my chihuahua, and take him places with me, but never to work (except when I worked at a doggy accessories store... then he was my helper).

Sep 07 07 03:04 pm Link

Makeup Artist

KLF Makeup

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

rachelrose wrote:
I remember this commercial I did, there was a charcater in there who was supposed to be a giant. He was about 6'3 on his own and they had him in these tall tall tall platform boots... I had to stand on an apple box on my tippy-toes to touch him up... and I am 5'6. I think there was a picture at some point- but it got lost into the abyss.

I also remember doing music videos and getting cramps in my calves later that night- because I was up-and-down tippy toes-flat-tippy toes-flat for like 10 hours.

I have since learned there is no shame in wearing chunky sneakers/boots when doing music videos. not stillettos- but those tacky bratz doll looking shoes.

Dansko has quite a lovely selection of non-ugly, grownup, make you tall shoes with a ton of support. They last forever and are sooooooo dreamy when you have to stand for 24 hours

https://www.dansko.com/images/shoe_single/standard_30100402.jpg

https://www.dansko.com/images/shoe_single/thumb_10050202.jpg

*Ok, after browsing the site,  some are hideous but not all of them.

Sep 07 07 09:51 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Verity F

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

i think it's really important to always be happy and positive to everyone on set, leave any personal issues or problems at home. i'm always really supportive of the talent and make sure they are doing ok.

when final checks is called, get in do your checks really quickly, call 'checks happy' and then clear the frame.
do not interfere with other peoples departments, don't touch things that you shouldn't be touching. 

i think it's important to constantly be mindful of any set bags or tool belts you have on and not to bump lights or the set or people. 
always dress appropriately in nice clean clothing, wear comfortable shoes. 
PERSONAL HYGIENE!! breath mints, hand sanitizer, clean hair. always sanitize your hands before you touch the talents face. Never ever store your makeup brushes in your hair.

a little perfume can be nice but keep in mind that some people have allergies to perfume and can be really irritated by it, so make sure if you choose to wear perfume it is low allergy.
stay on set, and if you have to leave for the bathroom or to get something from the makeup bus let an AD know.
don't leave half full cups of anything around the set. put your rubbish in a bin.

don't rush to be first at the lunch line, even if you are just standing around waiting for others to pack gear for the break, let the people in higher positions get food first.

don't complain if you are tired or cold or hot, or whatever, chances are everyone else is feeling the same, and they don't need to hear you complain.

always be extra nice to the grips, the gaffs and unit because if you need things like a power point or light or even a plastic bag they are the people who you'll need help from and they are more inclined to want to help the friendly nice makeup artist than the bitchy snob makeup artist.

use common sense.

Sep 08 07 05:57 am Link

Makeup Artist

Jacknife Ruby

Dallas, Texas, US

Breath mints a must-no gum- it gives you gas btw!!!Someone just told me this!

I wear comfortable clothes- not something I am constantly adjusting.Layers- hoodies etc.if I get hot or cold.

Converse or boots-- and the first thing I do is look for a low chair for the model! I stand on things alot to touch up.

I talk if the model talks- and I follow the same cadence-if she wants to talk serious that is where I go- light stuff- I stay there.

Pet peeve- a model telling me what to do or trying to persuade me to do something different because she doesn't like it. I ignore her- period.Mostly divas do this and I have no tolerance. I do not kiss ass. And the producer/photog/director is my boss NOT her.

I take my shoes off to keep the set clean or put masking tape on the bottom of my shoes.

Nov 21 07 01:36 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Decadence D

Chicago, Illinois, US

OOOOh!!! I have a good one. The MUA on the last shoot I did told me she did this before with a model she had worked with multiple times, but still deeply regretted what she did.

Big rule: Don't ask male models/actors if they are gay!!!!

This should be a given right? but she's not the first person that works on sets that I've encoutnered who has done that. The model she asked was gay, but was beyond insulted. It blew me away that she had the audacity to come out and ask him that. No matter how familiar you think you are with that person, you obviously must not be if you need to ask.  Plus, if he's not checking you out anyway, wth does it matter?

I've been dying for the right setting to share that one.

Nov 21 07 05:09 pm Link

Makeup Artist

KatherineArt

Verity F wrote:
when ***final checks is called, get in do your checks really quickly, call 'checks happy' and then clear the frame.
do not interfere with other peoples departments, don't touch things that you shouldn't be touching. 

i think it's important to constantly be mindful of any set bags or tool belts you have on and not to bump lights or the set or people. 
PERSONAL HYGIENE!! breath mints, hand sanitizer, clean hair. always sanitize your hands before you touch the talents face. Never ever store your makeup brushes in your hair.

always be extra nice to the grips, the gaffs and unit because if you need things like a power point or light or even a plastic bag they are the people who you'll need help from and they are more inclined to want to help the friendly nice makeup artist than the bitchy snob makeup artist.

use common sense.

Also called ***last looks (ie final checks) - i second be quick.  Very important   try to be ready too.  i too forget this at times

Always give a realistic length of time till the talent will be ready (Film set), try to beat that but always give yourself TOO MUCH TIME never enough.  Last thing you want is having to radio that makeup needs an additional 10 minutes if you said they'd be ready now.  DP and Directors hate that.

Remember NEVER to touch anything that isn't yours.  especially with lighting (gaff) i was on a set and the PA didn't know this and actually shut a stinger in a car trunk - had electric seen that someone would have had their butt fired.

remember not to take images when the camera is rolling - especially with a flash - very bad.

youre not their to flirt - remember that.  it shows how inexperienced you are.  it's a job not a dating service - save that for the wrap party

I disagree about being in line early for food - often makeup, hair and wardrobe have to be back before the rest of the crew and if you don't get your food chances are you won't.

Nov 28 07 04:03 am Link

Makeup Artist

KatherineArt

Verity F wrote:
when ***final checks is called, get in do your checks really quickly, call 'checks happy' and then clear the frame.

use common sense.

Also called ***last looks (ie final checks) - i second be quick.  Very important   try to be ready too.  i too forget this at times

Always give a realistic length of time till the talent will be ready (Film set), try to beat that but always give yourself TOO MUCH TIME never enough.  Last thing you want is having to radio that makeup needs an additional 10 minutes if you said they'd be ready now.  DP and Directors hate that.

Remember NEVER to touch anything that isn't yours.  especially with lighting (gaff) i was on a set and the PA didn't know this and actually shut a stinger in a car trunk - had electric seen that someone would have had their butt fired.

remember not to take images when the camera is rolling - especially with a flash - very bad.

youre not their to flirt - remember that.  it shows how inexperienced you are.  it's a job not a dating service - save that for the wrap party

I disagree about being in line early for food - often makeup, hair and wardrobe have to be back before the rest of the crew and if you don't get your food chances are you won't.

Nov 28 07 04:03 am Link

Makeup Artist

JamesC Lost Creatives

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

I do regular work with a photographer for glamour, I al so teach and do film.  I have no problem with the glamour work but keep certain aspects of your job out of sight. 

If a model/actor asks me about my cv, they often check my site for information on me, then I am really careful about how I word things.  I avoid discussing personal lives, no one knows the truth about me and what goes on in my home, I prefer to keep it that way.

Good hand cleanser or anti bacterial gel to keep your hands clean. 

If you smoke, try and go outside, it dissipates the smoke smell. 

Mints will help you keep your breath fresh. 

James

Nov 28 07 04:31 am Link

Hair Stylist

Daleesa Weary

West Orange, New Jersey, US

Sophie R wrote:
To say things clearly, like you shouldn't forget deodorant and breath mints, you shouldn't forget to wash your feet. If your feet stink, keep them in your shoes!

Otherwise, that's just fine, I guess.

I think what people need to realize is the fact that sometimes, somepeople have become desensitized to their own 'scent'. There is nothin' like a good foot washin' and foot powder/spray. I've smelled the 'scent' of others feet with their shoes still on!!!

Feb 03 08 10:00 am Link

Makeup Artist

KaitlynRae

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

On-set I'm usually a 1st or 2nd assistant. I'm young and actors tend to not trust me to know what I'm doing because of it. The first few days I really have to keep my mouth shut. I basically speak when spoken to and I'm always especially obsessive about being prepared. I don't try to speak to actors when I'm working on them, even if it's just 'light'-chatter in case they're trying to 'mentally prepare' for their next scene...

Once actors know that I know what I'm doing, they trust me. I just have to be super serious and quiet to prove it!

....which sucks, because I'm actually a huge goof.

Feb 03 08 12:31 pm Link

Makeup Artist

_Alma_

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Good thread, keep it going for good!

Feb 04 08 02:18 am Link

Makeup Artist

StephanieHart

Wilmington, North Carolina, US

Some great stuff mentioned.
And since I have worked on sets of all kinds let me add:
-Don't leave the set! I have seen MUA,hairstylists and even the photographers leave sets I was working on and leave people hanging. Bad form and inexcusable unless there is an emergency (there wasn't in those cases,just bad form),or you simply have to pee.
-If possible just don't smoke on a set. I have worked on people whose breath could knock me over. It's not a good thing. If you HAVE to smoke,drink coffee,etc,drown yourself in breath spray. But just so you know,even that doesn't really help,if we're being honest here,lol. And let's not get into how unprofessional it is to stop production on a set for a smoke break. hmm
-I concur about the chatty thing. I like to talk,so I have had to learn to reel myself in. And since I have I'm amazed at how much I hear now coming out of people's mouths that probably shouldn't be. And other people notice,the ones who may/may not hire you back.
-Don't get involved in set drama. Unless something is completely unavoidable,do yourself a favor and walk away. I have worked on sets where the people I am working with are friends,but I STILL walk away if clashes arise. It just has to be done. And you'll feel much better having done it.
-YES to dressing appropriately! I have worked on sets where girls dressed like they were going to a booty club and they were laughed at. Enough said.
Again,others have said the rest,punctuality,hygiene,manners,clean materials/implements,etc. Doesn't matter how everyone else does it,keep yourself at the level a pro needs to be at.
Cheers all!

Feb 04 08 11:13 am Link

Makeup Artist

Glamour Guru

Franklin, Arkansas, US

La Seine by the Hudson wrote:
Don't make the talent feel like crap.

That's rule #1.

(It's amazing how often I see that one violated, too. Almost everything else is comparatively forgiveable, but this one gets you permanently in the black-ball zone.)

Should be the Golden Rule.

Well, besides sanitize, sanitize, sanitize.

Feb 04 08 03:20 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Sophie R

Paris, Île-de-France, France

Bumpin this.

Apr 21 08 05:53 am Link

Makeup Artist

ArtistryImage

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Mariana wrote:  Always tell the model she looks beautiful…

The model IS BEAUTIFUL…  I honestly believe with all my heart and soul that the person in my chair is the center of the universe and I am incredibly fortunate to be blessed with the opportunity to artfully apply make-up to take their natural beauty to the next level and transform and enhance their best features.

I love my job…  It is a precious gift…

Always remember that people can (and do) read what's in your mind...

I also agree totally with all the wonderful wisdom so freely shared on this thread…  Thank you...  Thank you...

Best wishes to all on their journey…

Apr 21 08 08:06 am Link

Makeup Artist

TheMakeupMan

Among the more obvious things ,being rude, trash talk and diva-ism
heres a few things that really make a difference

1) always when working in TV ,film or commercials I do my touch ups from the side (as possible)as to not block the line of site to the director or camera or lighting in case they are working while I am , or the director is speaking to the actor while I am working

2) I always shout "spraying" if Im using hairspray , that way camera can turn or cover the lens and the other models or actors can turn away from it so they dont get blasted

3) I always try to stay in the periphal vision of the director so they know I am there but not in their face

4)If I am asstianting an Artist , and the director asks for something the key artist  dosent have , I dont run in and "save the day"   I hand it to the key so they look good 

5) I always make sure Im mindfull of wardrobe when powdering

6)There is a fine line between being on it , and being in the way
It is so important to learn from each Director / Photgrapher I am working with  when it's too much and when it's not enough

7) I always shout "stepping in" when working on photoshoots and "clear" when Im out so the photographer dosent have to break his "flow " waiting on me, or too look to see if I've left the set

I think all involed appreciate this on set

And dress nice but not to made up or dresses up ,
I can't bear having an asst or other artist "clicking" around on set in a tube top and heels!!!!!! Really bad form !

I've also had actresses make me fire gals for that , for girl asst. being too made up 

Ohhh and lastly , if you are a female or male for that matter
DON'T have sex with the Director or Producer , I can belive I have to say this but you have no idea how many times my female assts. have gotten sexually involved during a job and the drama I have had to deal with
Dont do it !

Apr 21 08 12:26 pm Link

Makeup Artist

TheMakeupMan

anyone elese LOL ??????

Apr 21 08 08:10 pm Link

Makeup Artist

LisaJohnson

Nashville, Tennessee, US

What a fantastic post of tips on set. smile  I really appreciate #1 very much. 

I spose I would have to just include - when in doubt, ask.  and THINK! THINK! 

and your last paragraph - priceless!  That goes double for makeup artists and models too... wink 

I, too, cannot stand tube tops and butt cracks on set...  much less too much makeup.  Cover it up! (unless you are Antonio Banderas)

_____________________=TheMakeupman] 
Among the more obvious things ,being rude, trash talk and diva-ism
heres a few things that really make a difference

1) always when working in TV ,film or commercials I do my touch ups from the side (as possible)as to not block the line of site to the director or camera or lighting in case they are working while I am , or the director is speaking to the actor while I am working

2) I always shout "spraying" if Im using hairspray , that way camera can turn or cover the lens and the other models or actors can turn away from it so they dont get blasted

3) I always try to stay in the periphal vision of the director so they know I am there but not in their face

4)If I am asstianting an Artist , and the director asks for something the key artist  dosent have , I dont run in and "save the day"   I hand it to the key so they look good 

5) I always make sure Im mindfull of wardrobe when powdering

6)There is a fine line between being on it , and being in the way
It is so important to learn from each Director / Photgrapher I am working with  when it's too much and when it's not enough

7) I always shout "stepping in" when working on photoshoots and "clear" when Im out so the photographer dosent have to break his "flow " waiting on me, or too look to see if I've left the set

I think all involed appreciate this on set

And dress nice but not to made up or dresses up ,
I can't bear having an asst or other artist "clicking" around on set in a tube top and heels!!!!!! Really bad form !

I've also had actresses make me fire gals for that , for girl asst. being too made up 

Ohhh and lastly , if you are a female or male for that matter
DON'T have sex with the Director or Producer , I can belive I have to say this but you have no idea how many times my female assts. have gotten sexually involved during a job and the drama I have had to deal with
Dont do it !

Apr 21 08 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

Tiffany S Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Thanks for this thread! I love it!

I guess the bottom line is to be hygenic, be nice, and just be a professional. If there's something people do that you don't like on set, chances are you shouldn't do it either.

Apr 21 08 08:36 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Allie Underwood

Manitou Springs, Colorado, US

This is such a helpful thread! Thank you all so much! I was hired for my first feature film, ultra low budget SAG, so I was the only makeup artist on set, very small cast. I was fired after a week and I've been pretty much crying myself to sleep every night since trying to figure out what I did wrong. Well, after reading this thread, I think I've figured it out. I broke EVERY cardinal rule.

Boy, have I got a long way to go. Thank you all for keeping me humble.

Jun 15 09 05:37 pm Link

Photographer

Ernesto Casillas

hmm i wanna contribute... no smoking at all, please. Even if you smoke outside, we can smell it on you...eww.

Jun 15 09 05:47 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Ms BSK

Brooklyn, New York, US

Allie Underwood wrote:
This is such a helpful thread! Thank you all so much! I was hired for my first feature film, ultra low budget SAG, so I was the only makeup artist on set, very small cast. I was fired after a week and I've been pretty much crying myself to sleep every night since trying to figure out what I did wrong. Well, after reading this thread, I think I've figured it out. I broke EVERY cardinal rule.

Boy, have I got a long way to go. Thank you all for keeping me humble.

Allie,

Sorry about the bad news, but every experience good or bad is a learning experience. You're next film with be aces!

Jun 15 09 06:21 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Lauren Leffler

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Michelle Heffner wrote:
Excellent topic.

I would like to add that talking about how wasted you were last night or how messed up you are going to get tonight falls into this category.

~Michelle Heffner

I agree.
I personally don't drink, and find liquor repulsive.
It makes me sick to hear about people getting off their tits!
But people brag and think they're cool :S

Jun 16 09 04:12 am Link

Makeup Artist

E E S

If you're assisting someone new/newish, have the discussion beforehand of what the Key/DH would like for you to do when someone (even crew) asks for your card.

-Would you like for me to defer to you and you can give my info?
   -If it's talent, I've been told to say, "I will give you my Key/DH's info, and if they're not available, then they will give you my info" (never happens, but you're taking away a new job from the Key/DH).
-Get the information from the call sheet or crew list?
-Write down my info instead of giving my card?
-Give my card? (I'm OK with my people giving their cards out...I trust everyone I hire...they hire me for jobs too).

I was on a set where one of my friends was handing out her card like candy. Apparently she knew a lot of the crew from previous jobs, but the DH (whom she never worked with before) had no way of knowing that. It looked like my friend was trying to advertise her services....I tried to hint to her not to hand out her card, but she was insistent that these were old friends. Needless to say, she was never hired again. And this was on a huge WB (before they became CW) print/tv campaign.

Also (if you're assisting someone new):

Do not chat up the other talent, director, producers, clients, etc., even if you've worked with them before. If they recognize you, tell your Key/DH that they might say "Hi" because you've worked with them before, but don't have epic conversations about their/your life. You can even say, "Hey I'm assisting on this job, so I can't talk much" to the people..they'll understand.

The people I assist are okay with me talking to various people because they know that I'm not trying to steal their job. I've never seen that happen, but I hear stories all the time.

Oh and saying "Spraying" also applies to ANYTHING that sprays: water and glycerin in addition to hairspray.

I'll add "Crossing" (for film)...if they're setting up a shot and you have to cross in front of the camera, say it. The camera guys will appreciate it. Actually, I'll say it for print too, so the photographer doesn't get me in the shot.

Jun 16 09 07:22 am Link

Makeup Artist

Vanessa Dawn- Jhaesayte

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Great thread! I'm doing my first editorial tomorrow with come canadian celebs (WOW! From nothing to celebs... SOOOOO NERVOUS!!!!!) and this is helpful! I'm freaking out a bit, but reading all this has helped to calm me down because I feel more prepared.

Jun 16 09 08:44 am Link

Hair Stylist

TheDevonWilliams

Houston, Texas, US

this is awesome. i love when the vets come together and teach us beh behs.... so appreciative

Jun 16 09 09:04 am Link

Model

Girloflowers

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I wanted t bring this back to the top because it's such a brilliant thread. I feel like you guys are really going to help me so so so much when I start actualyl doing jobs during/after makeup school smile

stuff like this could take you from being a good artist to a great artist...

you guys rock!

Mar 04 10 10:38 pm Link

Photographer

Julian W I L D E

Portland, Oregon, US

Rule Number One: Don't talk about other photogs in front of the photog your working with.

First of all, if you speak glowingly about other photogs--he'll hate you. And if you diss the other guys--he'll think your a hater.  You just can't win with that one. ;-)

Rule Number Two:  Feel free to openly idolize the photog/genius your working with.  You can't go wrong with that and chances are he'll appreciate your good taste.

Get those two right and your well on your way!  -JULIAN  big_smile

Mar 04 10 10:47 pm Link

Makeup Artist

LisaJohnson

Nashville, Tennessee, US

+1 - this I learned the hard way.  When in doubt, just be quiet and let them believe you're very very shy.  smile

Julian Wilde Studio wrote:
Rule Number One: Don't talk about other photogs in front of the photog your working with.

First of all, if you speak glowingly about other photogs--he'll hate you. And if you diss the other guys--he'll think your a hater.  You just can't win with that one. ;-)

Rule Number Two:  Feel free to openly idolize the photog/genius your working with.  You can't go wrong with that and chances are he'll appreciate your good taste.

Get those two right and your well on your way!  -JULIAN  big_smile

Mar 04 10 11:18 pm Link

Makeup Artist

LizW_Makeup

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Glad this was bumped... lots of good info! I've had to bite back some political commentary a few times myself (I'm way lefty but many of the photographers I work with seem to lean in the opposite direction!)

Here's one I didn't see: Take your shoes off before you step onto seamless paper. I always wear socks to shoots for this reason, and prefer shoes I can quickly step out of.

Mar 05 10 11:03 am Link

Photographer

A M Johnson

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Mine is "be happy or leave". No one needs an emotional vampire on the set. I had a models boyfriend on the set recently like this and it was awful. I worked with this model several times and I could tell the difference with everyone compared to before just because of this one guy.

Mar 05 10 11:11 am Link

Makeup Artist

Denise

Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada

Great thread! Here's one item I didn't see and you would think shouldn't have to be spelled out, but it an assistant did this once at a fashion show I was keying;
Do NOT pull the model's clothes off the rack and try them on!!! Do not touch the clothes (or shoes, props, etc.), do not offer your opinion on the clothes or any other aspect of the show.
Also I would add to the 'dress appropriately' to not wear noisy, dangly jewelry and keep your own hair off your face and out of the way.

Mar 05 10 11:33 pm Link