Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Why do photographers fight more than models?

Photographer

David A

Pleasant Grove, Utah, US

Posted by Gary Davis: 

Posted by David A: 
Photographers are all anal retentive and no two see things the same way.  They ALL think they can make someone elses photograph better.

True.  Very true.  But I don't get all pissy about it.  To each their own.

Sorry, I thought I was writing that tongue and cheek.  Written medium is sometimes difficult to determine tone.

May 26 05 09:59 am Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

Oh, they (models) fight alright! They just have the good sense to keep most of it out of a public forum &/or fight via IM, phone calls, & emails.

May 28 05 10:34 am Link

Photographer

ClassicHorror

Spartanburg, South Carolina, US

Posted by Gloria Santiago: 
This is so darn true!!!  I thought the exact same thing LOL!  My thinking is because most are freelancers and are fighting for the same jobs and are very secretive about their styles of photography, which is understandable.  So when a photographer sees another's work and it's similar they start saying "He's copying me" or "He stole my idea".  Then they have to come up w/ something more enticing.  It's a competitive game.

"Bad artists copy. Great artists steal." - Picasso

May 28 05 10:41 am Link

Photographer

Sienna Hambleton

Toledo, Ohio, US

Hmm. I have lots of influences but pretty much do my own thing. I don't post much either. The forum here is definitely interesting. I think I'll go back under my rock now.

May 29 05 01:14 am Link

Photographer

The Art of CIP

Long Beach, California, US

I don't know about this one guys...  I don't think photographers are bitchy...  I work as a comp illustrator from time to time...  Most of the ad companies I work with are alotting upwards of 30k to photographers per assignment...  And the photographers I've seen working are truly awesome people...  Just to be in their presence is inspiring and educational...  Believe it or not I've learned VOLUMES about painting and illustration by studying the work of master photographers...  So no - real photographers aren't bitchy...  And keep in mind that just because someone goes out and buys a Good camera and starts snapping away doesn't make them photographer and it surely doesn't make them an artist either...  So those bitchy so called "photographers" probably aren't even worthy of the title...
peace
CIP

May 29 05 05:35 am Link

Photographer

CreativeSandBoxStudio

London, England, United Kingdom

Posted by LaMarco Photo: 
OK, Where are the cat fights and crap I seen on TV growing up? Why is there more drama with the men? 

I can't speak for all males or should I think for most of them. Man is an egotistical beast at times, it's so easy to stroke a male ego than that of a woman. And throughout histroy artist males...either bond or  do battle when it comes to his art and mostly the art of wanting the desires of women to reflect in their works. Example: WHy would that model pick him over me for the shoot..where the underlining sexual attraction factor is within each of them....so  does the battle of the dawgs do begin

May 29 05 05:56 am Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Posted by Alex Alexander: 

Posted by LaMarco Photo: 
OK, Where are the cat fights and crap I seen on TV growing up? Why is there more drama with the men? 

I can't speak for all males or should I think for most of them. Man is an egotistical beast at times, it's so easy to stroke a male ego than that of a woman. And throughout histroy artist males...either bond or  do battle when it comes to his art and mostly the art of wanting the desires of women to reflect in their works. Example: WHy would that model pick him over me for the shoot..where the underlining sexual attraction factor is within each of them....so  does the battle of the dawgs do begin

"Every Dawg has its Day"

May 29 05 06:20 am Link

Photographer

Monsante Bey

Columbus, Georgia, US

I know being here in Ohio, I have a lot of detractors. i had one who told a model the day after we both shot her jointly all these crazy things. Cost me a LOT of money. So now I handle them all with a VERY long handled spoon.

May 29 05 05:55 pm Link