Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > POLITCAL THREAD Political thread

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

You've been warned!!!!

Bush Workers' Tire-Slashing Trial Begins

Fourteen months after George Bush narrowly carried Ohio in the 2004 presidential election amidst allegations of voter fraud, five campaign workers for the Bush-Chaney campaign team are set for trial Tuesday in Columbus on felony charges of damage to property.

The "Milwaukee Five" is charged with slashing 40 tires on 25 separate Democrat vehicles on the morning of the 2004 presidential election. The vehicles were rented by the Ohio Democrat Party to transport less-mobile voters to the polls on Election Day. In total, the vandals disabled 25 percent of the Democrat Party's "Get Out the Vote" fleet.

The defendants include Sowande Ajumoke Omokunde, the son of Rep. Gwen Moore (R-Wisc.) who also goes by the name Supreme Solar Allah; Michael Pratt, the son of former Milwaukee Mayor Marvin Pratt and leader of Bush's campaign team in Columbus; Lewis Caldwell; Lavelle Mohammed, and Justin Howell.

According to the Columbus Journal-Sentinel, four of the defendants were paid operatives of the Ohio Republican Party, including Omokunde and Pratt.

Court TV will cover the trial, which is expected to last two weeks. Potential witnesses include Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-Ill.), national AFL-CIO President John Sweeney, and 77 others - including FBI agents, Columbus police officers, and party activists from both parties.

The five defendants, who will be tried together, are charged with criminal damage to property, a felony with maximum sentences of 3 1/2 years in prison or $10,000 in fines.

The criminal complaint states that Opel Simmons, a Republicanic campaign worker from Virginia, identified the defendants as the perpetrators, and told police they had named their plan "Operation Elephant Takeover."

Simmons told Milwaukee County Assistant District Attorney David Feiss that he saw the defendants dressed in "Mission Impossible type gear" at Republican Party headquarters sometime around 3 a.m. on the morning of the election.

When Simmons asked the five what they were planning, defendant Lavelle Mohammed allegedly responded, "You don't want to know, don't ask.?

The defendants returned to Republican headquarters approximately 20 minutes later. Simmons told investigators they were jubilant and shared details of their vandalism spree with him. "We got 'em," said Pratt. "We hit the tires."

The tire-slashing incident is just one of a number of election-day irregularities in Ohio, a state where Bush only prevailed by 11,384 votes.

Questions have been raised about the inordinately large volume of Election Day registrations in Columbus, where 84,000 people in a city of 600,000 registered at the polls on the day of the election. The total represented 30 percent of all voters in the city.

City officials admitted in January 2005 that around 10,000 same-day registrations could not be verified, leaving open the possibility of fraud.

An investigation by the Columbus-Journal Sentinel reported another 1,200 Columbians voted using invalid addresses. Another article revealed in late January 2005 that there were 7,000 more votes than voters in Milwaukee, suggesting ballot-stuffing in the Republican-controlled city.

Why aren't we hearing about this in the NEWS?  Where is the outrage?

Where is the call for a recount?

U have been Punk'd!

Change Republican to Democrat and Columbus to Milwalkee and Ohio to Wisconsin.  That is why it gets no press.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006 … 3733.shtml

EDIT: and Bush to Kerry

Jan 10 06 04:40 pm Link

Photographer

FYH Photo

Santa Clara, California, US

Be careful.  wink The Tinfoil hat wearing crowd will come out of the woodwork with clippings of long articles written by bloggers with the same conspiratorial mindset and promote their own wacky view of reality, or WORSE .... your joke post will be "quoted" by numerous "mainstream media" outlets and blog sites as "real" before the editors have the time (or motivation) to check it out.   

Don't taunt the TinfoilHat wearers! (or happy fun ball wink  )

Jan 10 06 05:29 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

We all know this. It isnt new. People protested here about that and nothing was done.

Thats America.

Jan 10 06 05:32 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Jan 10 06 05:33 pm Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

He he he he he he HA.

Jan 10 06 07:05 pm Link

Photographer

Bill Sylvester

Fairfield, Ohio, US

I hope that, if convicted, they get an appropriate sentence - and meet their new cell mate, Bubba.

Jan 10 06 08:12 pm Link

Model

BeccaNDSouth

Olympia, Washington, US

Ah, everyone knows that Bush made it into office in the first place because of two reasons: Money, and his daddy. Lord knows it wasn't because of his higher intelligence...I believe he has proven that fact.

Sometimes, I honestly believe that our nation's government is screwing we as citizens. Basically, they are giving it to us up our arse, and many don't do a thing to stop it.

Jan 10 06 09:06 pm Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Sacramento, California, US

YEah, and I know some local radio folks who got their cars "keyed" after some anti-Bush comments during the election. There were also some investigations about damage done to a local Democratic campaign office. There are always young punks who don't get the process pulling crap like that, which is why it doesn't make the news much. It was a shameful and discpicable act, but if you think one party does it more than the other I think you are mistaken.

Jan 10 06 10:56 pm Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

BodyPainter Rich  wrote:
YEah, and I know some local radio folks who got their cars "keyed" after some anti-Bush comments during the election. There were also some investigations about damage done to a local Democratic campaign office. There are always young punks who don't get the process pulling crap like that, which is why it doesn't make the news much. It was a shameful and discpicable act, but if you think one party does it more than the other I think you are mistaken.

Not what I think at all.  But if you think that if these same guys had been the Kin folk of Republicans in office and pulled this, that it would not be plastered on national televison...then you would be mistaken.

Jan 10 06 11:23 pm Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Funny how we never hear about what the twins are up to....

Jan 10 06 11:38 pm Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Oh wait, I get it.

This is where I'm supposed to buy into the notion that the corporate owned, Rupert Murdoch, Disney Corp., Fox Affiliate, and other media organizations have a liberal bias.

Still not buying that line, though lord knows that the repetition of that mantra seems to have been successful with most of the populace.

Jan 10 06 11:42 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Camera Ready Studios

Dallas, Texas, US

F.Y. Hamada wrote:
Be careful.  wink The Tinfoil hat wearing crowd will come out of the woodwork with clippings of long articles written by bloggers with the same conspiratorial mindset and promote their own wacky view of reality, or WORSE .... your joke post will be "quoted" by numerous "mainstream media" outlets and blog sites as "real" before the editors have the time (or motivation) to check it out.   

Don't taunt the TinfoilHat wearers! (or happy fun ball wink  )

yep, they're out and about...they're googling for responses now.  Oh and I can see their faces as they are reading the first part (before the gotcha!) 

ewewewew..this is good!!....ewewewew I knew it!, I knew it!!  those slimey rich white right wing evil republicans...smile

Jan 11 06 01:26 am Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

You know the funny thing is...I didn't believe the article in the first place. I know it is real but a young tire slashing Republican named "Mohommed" (spelling might be off) just did not seem to ring true with me.

That being said I did NOT expect it to be real with Dems plugged in either.

It's just plain sad...reminds me of a stunt pulled in a homecoming king election, not the U.S. Presidential race.

Jan 11 06 02:33 am Link

Photographer

FYH Photo

Santa Clara, California, US

BodyPainter Rich  wrote:
You know the funny thing is...I didn't believe the article in the first place. I know it is real but a young tire slashing Republican named "Mohommed" (spelling might be off) just did not seem to ring true with me.

That being said I did NOT expect it to be real with Dems plugged in either.

It's just plain sad...reminds me of a stunt pulled in a homecoming king election, not the U.S. Presidential race.

Since I am in a Bluest of Blue state Democrat area (the San Francisco Bay area) I just know what I saw myself.  36 incidents of vandalism of Bush/Cheney supporters vehicles in my neighborhood, every Bush/Cheny campaign sign I saw when I drove around town was vandalized, a large Republican campaign sign de-faced near a major intersection.  On the flip side, I saw no incidents of any Kerry/Edwards stickered vehicles or campaign signs defaced or vandalized.  Now I don't know what it was like in any Red state, nor do I have any thought other than what I observed myself, but I can tell you, election season for 2004 was NOT one of tolerance for some over zealous "activists" who thought they were some how 'helping' the Democrats by being thugs.

Jan 11 06 03:00 am Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Totally agree, tolerance was not good. I grew up in the Bay Area, and I know how S.F. can be.

Now I'm in the opposite corner. I'm over here near Yuba City/Marysville and let's just say I learned fairly early upon moving that my usual leftist stickers were not making me welcome.

What the thugs don't realize is EVERYONE loses when a persons private space or property is infringed upon in the name of politics.

Jan 11 06 03:08 am Link

Photographer

Old Ska Punk

Crivitz, Wisconsin, US

Actually the REAL story (here in Milwaukee) is even more funny. The sound bites have been priceless.

We have Gwen Moore (a real loon of a Congressperson) saying that her son (Supreme Solar Alla) didn't do it, and is innocent because he's HER son.

We have the democrats saying that this isn't a story. It is politically motivated, and  was timed to take away news time from the Alito preceedings. Funny seeing as though the District Attorney who set the agenda is a Democrat (and tried his best to sweep this one under the rug).

Oh, and of course, the whole thing is racist.

Jan 11 06 09:09 am Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

Timm wrote:
Actually the REAL story (here in Milwaukee) is even more funny. The sound bites have been priceless.

We have Gwen Moore (a real loon of a Congressperson) saying that her son (Supreme Solar Alla) didn't do it, and is innocent because he's HER son.

We have the democrats saying that this isn't a story. It is politically motivated, and  was timed to take away news time from the Alito preceedings. Funny seeing as though the District Attorney who set the agenda is a Democrat (and tried his best to sweep this one under the rug).

Oh, and of course, the whole thing is racist.

I always love the race card.  The good news is, I think the country, the media...folks in general are paying less attention to the Jessi Jacksons and Al Sharptons of the world.  These media whores still manage to find a willing video camera from time to time...but I was suprised at how muted they were during Katrina.  I guess Farakan ruined it when he suggested George Bush sneeked down to NO and blew up the levys.

Jan 11 06 09:26 am Link

Photographer

Joe Koz

Lititz, Pennsylvania, US

bencook2 wrote:
You've been warned!!!!

Bush Workers' Tire-Slashing Trial Begins

Fourteen months after George Bush narrowly carried Ohio in the 2004 presidential election amidst allegations of voter fraud, five campaign workers for the Bush-Chaney campaign team are set for trial Tuesday in Columbus on felony charges of damage to property.

U have been Punk'd!

Change Republican to Democrat and Columbus to Milwalkee and Ohio to Wisconsin.  That is why it gets no press.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006 … 3733.shtml

EDIT: and Bush to Kerry

And you imagine, either way, that somehow this represnets about 50% of the population of the nation? and that somehow the other 50% are all the "goodie two shoes"?

Are you trying to stimulate honest debate over real issues or are you posting this one simply to throw rocks?

Jan 11 06 09:38 am Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

Joe Kozlowski wrote:

And you imagine, either way, that somehow this represnets about 50% of the population of the nation? and that somehow the other 50% are all the "goodie two shoes"?

Are you trying to stimulate honest debate over real issues or are you posting this one simply to throw rocks?

The issue is obvious.

Jan 11 06 10:43 am Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

BodyPainter Rich  wrote:
Oh wait, I get it.

This is where I'm supposed to buy into the notion that the corporate owned, Rupert Murdoch, Disney Corp., Fox Affiliate, and other media organizations have a liberal bias.

Still not buying that line, though lord knows that the repetition of that mantra seems to have been successful with most of the populace.

Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist
"While the editorial page of The Wall Street Journal is conservative, the newspaper's news pages are liberal, even more liberal than The New York Times. The Drudge Report may have a right-wing reputation, but it leans left. Coverage by public television and radio is conservative compared to the rest of the mainstream media. Meanwhile, almost all major media outlets tilt to the left"....

The mantra may be successful because it is true.

Jan 11 06 11:02 am Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

Mike Cummings wrote:

"While the editorial page of The Wall Street Journal is conservative, the newspaper's news pages are liberal, even more liberal than The New York Times. The Drudge Report may have a right-wing reputation, but it leans left. Coverage by public television and radio is conservative compared to the rest of the mainstream media. Meanwhile, almost all major media outlets tilt to the left"....

Oh, Mike...

It is only a matter of time before the spin doctors get in here and refute the UCLA Political Scientist.  None of them however will refute the book "Bias".  They prefer to ignore it.

Jan 11 06 11:22 am Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Mike Cummings wrote:

haha, it's probably the furthest thing from true in the universe. all one needs are eyes, ears, and brains to know it. people promoting such bullshit are either lacking brains, incredibly gullible, or are trying to perpetrate fraud for nefarious purposes. the only question is what category they fit in.

Jan 11 06 01:58 pm Link

Photographer

studio L

Oakland, California, US

WWW.DEMOCRACYNOW.ORG

They produce an excellent radio and TV show that reports news and views that the larger corporate media often won't touch.

Jan 11 06 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

bencook2 wrote:

Oh, Mike...

It is only a matter of time before the spin doctors get in here and refute the UCLA Political Scientist.  None of them however will refute the book "Bias".  They prefer to ignore it.

yeah right, you're the biggest spin doctor here by a wide margin, ben. of course we'll refute it because it's bullshit using a "methodology" with a ridiculous premise. I've never heard of the book "bias" but if it's making similar claims then of course it can be refuted. why don't you read the book "toxic sludge is good for you" and refute that? you can't. why don't you read the "fair" report refuting your bullshit any other honest book or analysis? because you prefer to ignore them?

really, this is the biggest joke in the world and a sad/funny thing is that it's the very media itself which is misleading you down this road if you're a fool, though I can't decide if you're a complete fool or are part demagogue.

Jan 11 06 02:11 pm Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

studio L wrote:
WWW.DEMOCRACYNOW.ORG

They produce an excellent radio and TV show that reports news and views that the larger corporate media often won't touch.

YES!

I love "Dirty Hippy TV".  That show is great.  They get a ugly chick to read liberal bias news and then show garage bands in between.  Good call.  These guys rock!  They need their own channel to go up against FOX.  Except for the fact that you and I might be the only ones that watch.

Jan 11 06 02:56 pm Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

Aaron_H wrote:

yeah right, you're the biggest spin doctor here by a wide margin, ben. of course we'll refute it because it's bullshit using a "methodology" with a ridiculous premise. I've never heard of the book "bias" but if it's making similar claims then of course it can be refuted. why don't you read the book "toxic sludge is good for you" and refute that? you can't. why don't you read the "fair" report refuting your bullshit any other honest book or analysis? because you prefer to ignore them?

really, this is the biggest joke in the world and a sad/funny thing is that it's the very media itself which is misleading you down this road if you're a fool, though I can't decide if you're a complete fool or are part demagogue.

NO! YOUR the Spin Doctor!

Jan 11 06 02:57 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

bencook2 wrote:
YES!

I love "Dirty Hippy TV".  That show is great.  They get a ugly chick to read liberal bias news and then show garage bands in between.  Good call.  These guys rock!  They need their own channel to go up against FOX.  Except for the fact that you and I might be the only ones that watch.

Hate those ugly chick newswomen.

Yeah, when it comes to news it's important that it's delivered by an Aryan looking bimbo with monster fake tits and a helium laugh.

Jan 11 06 03:02 pm Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

KM von Seidl wrote:
Hate those ugly chick newswomen.

Yeah, when it comes to news it's important that it's delivered by an Aryan looking bimbo with monster fake tits and a helium laugh.

and the bumpers should be filled with Pop music not garage bands!

PS...my favorite Aryan looking bimbo is Uma Pamaraju on FOX.  Nothing says neo-nazi racist like a Hindu name.

Edit PSS:  I find it a bit odd/ironic to decry the use of social norm "pretty people" on a "modeling" site.

Jan 11 06 03:04 pm Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Mike Cummings wrote:

Ahh yes, I believe we already had a thread about that report. Believe it if you want to, I'm sure it will be scientifically refuted by another group, and then proven again by another group. You can set up polls and studies and get any result you want, we both know this. Don't believe me, then how about the polls I've seen that have Bush at around 40% approval rating... see the polling means nothing to you does it.

Me...if I want to know where any company stands, I follow the money.

Another thing to think about is the baseline...we debated this before, so I'm not getting into it again. But their study shows liberal leanings. Liberal against current trends, because current trends are quite conservative. When the whole government is conservative, then anything reported that is not favorable to the current government will be considered liberal. If the whole government was liberal, I bet most of the reporting would be "conservative".

And while I think most media outlets know where their paycheck is coming from...even more important to them is finding controversy and pointing fingers to alarm us.

I'm not feeling well right now, and am a bit distracted...I'm not asking you to agree with me, but is this making any sense at all?

Jan 11 06 03:39 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

bencook2 wrote:

YES!

Gee that sure is some good spin there Ben, hell, in this stupid brainwashed country you don't even have to make an effort to discredit someone, someone who has true integrity, with any sort of substance, just call her ugly! After all that's what's important right? I mean as long as the mainstream news hires attractive news readers we'll be happy to listen to whatever garbage they spew right? Well Amy, all this news you read that's devoid of the corporate/right wing spin and lies, that tries to deal with real issues fairly and honestly is all very interesting, but do you really think you're good looking enough for us to take you seriously?

They do have a channel, it's called Free speech TV and Democracy now is one of the programs, it's a satellite channel.

Jan 11 06 03:47 pm Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

bencook2 wrote:

PS...my favorite Aryan looking bimbo is Uma Pamaraju on FOX.  Nothing says neo-nazi racist like a Hindu name.

Edit PSS:  I find it a bit odd/ironic to decry the use of social norm "pretty people" on a "modeling" site.

This is a classic example of the way you "debate," and in fact the way the right in general "argues" it's cases. You dismiss one of the only honest news sources we have  with absurd epithets like "Dirty hippy TV" and calling Amy Goodman "ugly" and then we people appropriately attack the meaningfulness and usefulness of your obnoxious brain dead comments you turn it around and make that we are "decrying" the "social norm" of using pretty people!!! While that is actually an issue, it's clearly not what was going on and you know it, or at least you should know it (this gets back to complete fool or part demagogue?) What we were decrying was your sickening and dirty tactic of using her looks against her in any way connected to the validity of her show. Is one to think of another as a cretin if they keep saying cretinous things and behaving in cretinous ways? I wonder what one should think of you?

Jan 11 06 04:02 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

bencook2 wrote:

OF COURSE she's your favourite.   And every other person who watches Fox news.  Because everyone who watches Fox news has a best friend who isn't Aryan.

bencook2 wrote:

I find it offensive that the way you discredit a newscaster is to belittle someone by their looks.

Models==are paid to model, their looks should fit what you are casting for...

News people=are paid to deliver or investigate news....not to give you a hard on.

Jan 11 06 11:32 pm Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

KM von Seidl wrote:

bencook2 wrote:

OF COURSE she's your favourite.   And every other person who watches Fox news.  Because everyone who watches Fox news has a best friend who isn't Aryan.

I find it offensive that the way you discredit a newscaster is to belittle someone by their looks.

Models==are paid to model, their looks should fit what you are casting for...

News people=are paid to deliver or investigate news....not to give you a hard on.

Nothing better than than to see a photographer willing to admit that the reason we "photograph" is to further the " hard on"!  Good Call.  Glad you can boil it down to the "erection".

Jan 12 06 12:22 am Link

Photographer

bencook2

Tucson, Arizona, US

Aaron_H wrote:

This is a classic example of the way you "debate," and in fact the way the right in general "argues" it's cases. You dismiss one of the only honest news sources we have  with absurd epithets like "Dirty hippy TV" and calling Amy Goodman "ugly" and then we people appropriately attack the meaningfulness and usefulness of your obnoxious brain dead comments you turn it around and make that we are "decrying" the "social norm" of using pretty people!!! While that is actually an issue, it's clearly not what was going on and you know it, or at least you should know it (this gets back to complete fool or part demagogue?) What we were decrying was your sickening and dirty tactic of using her looks against her in any way connected to the validity of her show. Is one to think of another as a cretin if they keep saying cretinous things and behaving in cretinous ways? I wonder what one should think of you?

I try not to respond to you because your arguements are elementary...but, I have no choice this time.

The Irony still stands.  This is a modeling website.  We stake our claim around the "pretty people" to say other wise is dishonest.  We may shoot "other" than "pretty people" but it is the exception rather than the rule. 

You have once again shown your transparancy and once again proven yourself less than "up to" the challenge.  But, be of good cheer!  I am sure that democracy Now needs a new garage band.

Jan 12 06 12:26 am Link

Photographer

David Johnson

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

Bush deserved to win and he deserves to be President. He has done a great job. The economy is doing greater now than it ever did during Clinton's reign. Our Stock Market just jumped over 11,000.... Higher than anyone ever thought it would. Yes, gas is expensive, but that's the cost of war. It will go down again and we are now drill more in our own nation and land than we ever did during Clinton. Sorry, I am not a huge Bush fan, I just know the facts. The media feeds us full of bull. They said there was no weapons of mass destruction, but IRAQ was full of WOMD. They found plants full of Anthrax, and all types of Chemical agents that could wipe out entire cities. All they would have to do is put a vile of Anthrax in a Patriot Missile and we would blow it up in the sky and it would release that Anthrax into out breathing air and atmosphere. How do you think we know that Korea and IRAN are developing weapons of mass destruction??? We have satelites that detect and radar out Nuclear Weapons. So that is why we are not so worried about them, we know where they are at and how many they have. The liberal media wanted us to find Sadam with a Nuclear Weapon.... We knew we weren't looking for those. To me... It scarier, not knowing what someone may have than not knowing at all. We are withdrawing troops now, but it tool us time to get their ARMY together. I believe it is an insult to tell these Troops that they are fighting a worthless war. To them this War is everything and they believe in it. They have seen the difference it has made in IRAQ. I know this, because I was in the Army and got out in 2003 and plus I live at the ARMY's Headquarters Fort Bragg. These soldiers here would spit in your face if you told them their friends died for nothing and they fought for nothing. They believe in the War and they stand behind their Leader President Bush. He might not always be right, but He's the President and we as a country should support him, plus he's firm and doesn't waiver, like Bill Clinton. Which, by the way, Bill Clinton stands behind Bush and supports him. Crazy how things turn around, ain't it?????

Jan 12 06 12:50 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

bencook2 wrote:

Nothing better than than to see a photographer willing to admit that the reason we "photograph" is to further the " hard on"!  Good Call.  Glad you can boil it down to the "erection".

where do you get that from what I said?

Jan 12 06 03:22 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

bencook2 wrote:

I try not to respond to you because your arguements are elementary...but, I have no choice this time.

The Irony still stands.  This is a modeling website.  We stake our claim around the "pretty people" to say other wise is dishonest.  We may shoot "other" than "pretty people" but it is the exception rather than the rule. 

You have once again shown your transparancy and once again proven yourself less than "up to" the challenge.  But, be of good cheer!  I am sure that democracy Now needs a new garage band.

Ben, I'm really curious what graduate school you got accepted to in Ireland, because I'm finding the concept hard to fathom.

Jan 12 06 03:24 am Link

Photographer

David Johnson

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

Bush deserved to win and he deserves to be President. He has done a great job. The economy is doing greater now than it ever did during Clinton's reign. Our Stock Market just jumped over 11,000.... Higher than anyone ever thought it would. Yes, gas is expensive, but that's the cost of war. It will go down again and we are now drill more in our own nation and land than we ever did during Clinton. Sorry, I am not a huge Bush fan, I just know the facts. The media feeds us full of bull. They said there was no weapons of mass destruction, but IRAQ was full of WOMD. They found plants full of Anthrax, and all types of Chemical agents that could wipe out entire cities. All they would have to do is put a vile of Anthrax in a Patriot Missile and we would blow it up in the sky and it would release that Anthrax into out breathing air and atmosphere. How do you think we know that Korea and IRAN are developing weapons of mass destruction??? We have satelites that detect and radar out Nuclear Weapons. So that is why we are not so worried about them, we know where they are at and how many they have. The liberal media wanted us to find Sadam with a Nuclear Weapon.... We knew we weren't looking for those. To me... It scarier, not knowing what someone may have than not knowing at all. We are withdrawing troops now, but it tool us time to get their ARMY together. I believe it is an insult to tell these Troops that they are fighting a worthless war. To them this War is everything and they believe in it. They have seen the difference it has made in IRAQ. I know this, because I was in the Army and got out in 2003 and plus I live at the ARMY's Headquarters Fort Bragg. These soldiers here would spit in your face if you told them their friends died for nothing and they fought for nothing. They believe in the War and they stand behind their Leader President Bush. He might not always be right, but He's the President and we as a country should support him, plus he's firm and doesn't waiver, like Bill Clinton. Which, by the way, Bill Clinton stands behind Bush and supports him. Crazy how things turn around, ain't it?????

Jan 12 06 07:22 am Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

bencook2 wrote:

You're hilarious! Are you really this stupid or are you just hoping to play to an audience you think is that stupid? First you call Chomsky an idiot and now you have the nerve to talk about level of anyone else's arguments!!! Dude you can't think or argue your way out of a paper bag! The idea of you commenting on the intellectual capacity of anyone is laughable! You have nothing in your arsenal, you are bankrupt, bereft, that's why you won't argue the issue. The claim you're making now is not only further diversion from any of the real issues, but it's a fucking stupid argument, and stupid accusations that you make of me even if it was on topic!

Jan 12 06 10:48 am Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

David Johnson wrote:

good god! you haven't, and won't, procreate will you?

Jan 12 06 10:51 am Link