Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Please be considerate you jerks!

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

I just need to vent!

I am sick and tired of asking people in my office if they want something to eat for lunch (of course they always do!) and when they go out they NEVER EVER ask! Most times, they will just walk back in with lunch for a select group of people (today being one of those times) and take over the conference room and eat. NEVER asking if anyone else wanted anything. IT'S REALLY FRIGGIN ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!

K- thanks for letting me vent.

-D-

Jan 18 06 12:47 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

Daniela V wrote:
I just need to vent!

I am sick and tired of asking people in my office if they want something to eat for lunch (of course they always do!) and when they go out they NEVER EVER ask! Most times, they will just walk back in with lunch for a select group of people (today being one of those times) and take over the conference room and eat. NEVER asking if anyone else wanted anything. IT'S REALLY FRIGGIN ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!

-D-

spit in their order next time.

Jan 18 06 12:50 pm Link

Photographer

The Photo Chick

Fayetteville, North Carolina, US

Quit asking.

Simple as that. I did.

Jan 18 06 12:56 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

The Photo Chick wrote:
Quit asking.

Simple as that. I did.

you should never have had to ask...your every need and desire should be catered...you must work for some playa haters...believe me, they are only jealous of your hottness...trust me, i have to deal with it wherever i go.

Jan 18 06 01:02 pm Link

Photographer

Joe Koz

Lititz, Pennsylvania, US

"Please be considerate you jerks!"

hummmm .... polite AND considerate ... all in the same breath!

Jan 18 06 01:03 pm Link

Photographer

ImpactFoto

San Diego, California, US

Daniela V wrote:
I just need to vent!

-D-

Kill them all.... LOL!

Jan 18 06 01:27 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

See Daniela... thats why U gotta move to CA girlfren.  You've got dozens of new fans out here that would do backflips to take ya to lunch... wink

Jan 18 06 04:19 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Jan 18 06 04:21 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Daniela V wrote:
I just need to vent!

Move to California. When people piss you off, you can visit the beach and beat up a hippie.

Jan 18 06 04:40 pm Link

Model

Lapis

Chicago, Illinois, US

REALLY? *lapis starts looking up bargain plane fares*

Jan 18 06 04:46 pm Link

Photographer

Zion Imaging

Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, US

~~ quickly tries to book a close flight to Lapis.
   I want to get shots of her beating up a hippie on the beach!~~

Jan 18 06 04:50 pm Link

Photographer

John Paul

Schenectady, New York, US

Daniela V wrote:
I just need to vent!

-D-

Go get them!!  Shit in their chile dog,...piss in their coffee!! big_smile

LOL... J/k..  wink

JP

Jan 18 06 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Daniela V wrote:
I just need to vent!

-D-

What type of job do you have or at what capacity do you work with these "jerks"?

When I would step out to grab some food, I would offer if I know a coworker is stuck there to answer phones or the like, but I do not walk around and ask others for their orders.

In the Navy we had a saying - NAVY = Never Again Volunteer Yourself.

If you do more then your expected, pretty soon your expected to do more.

Jan 18 06 04:55 pm Link

Photographer

RStephenT

Vacaville, California, US

Zion Imaging wrote:
~~ quickly tries to book a close flight to Lapis.
   I want to get shots of her beating up a hippie on the beach!~~

You mean there are STILL hippies on the beach?  Damn I thought I got them all. 
https://bestsmileys.com/dinosours/1.gif

Jan 18 06 05:21 pm Link

Model

Inferi

Eagan, Minnesota, US

RStephenT wrote:

You mean there are STILL hippies on the beach?  Damn I thought I got them all. 
https://bestsmileys.com/dinosours/1.gif

OOOHHHHHHH!  I want a dinosaur!!!! smile smile  That would make my co-workers a bit more. . .considerate! wink

Jan 18 06 05:36 pm Link

Photographer

Alexei Fomin

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

it's called an eye dropper and urine. less destructive than going going postal, the heat kills any bacteria that might be in their drinks, but it just tastes a bit salty and strange. you can also add alchohol to their sodas, then when the boss passes by, smells gin, vodka, etc, notices something a tad strange.

Jan 18 06 05:39 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

Alexei Fomin wrote:
it's called an eye dropper and urine. less destructive than going going postal, the heat kills any bacteria that might be in their drinks, but it just tastes a bit salty and strange. you can also add alchohol to their sodas, then when the boss passes by, smells gin, vodka, etc, notices something a tad strange.

for an uber sensitive dude, this is rather malicious advice.

Jan 18 06 05:45 pm Link

Model

StacyJack

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Sit down next to them start eating thier food, and say 'oh, i thought you got this for me!"

Jan 18 06 05:48 pm Link

Model

BeccaNDSouth

Olympia, Washington, US

It's simple...start charging them delivery fees. That, or just move down to Cali to beat up a hippie. Either way, you win!

Jan 18 06 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

...Stacy wrote:
Sit down next to them start eating thier food, and say 'oh, i thought you got this for me!"

i lick the last piece of chicken and then ask if anyone wants the last piece...it was a skill i aquired growing up in a house with fourteen children.

Jan 18 06 05:57 pm Link

Photographer

EdBPhotography

Torrance, California, US

Daniela V wrote:
I just need to vent!

-D-

Here's a thought...Lower YOUR expectations.  The problem is not them, it's you.  You're performing a nice gesture, but you expect something in return (like them asking you if you want something when they go out).  When they don't meet YOUR secret expectations, YOU get disappointed.  Disappointment naturally leads to anger if we brood on it, then that anger will eventually turn to resentment.  In the end, you'll stop doing things for them and feel that they've somehow betrayed you or never appreciated your kindness.  This happens in relationships all the time. 

While you sit there and fume over what that "no-good, blankity blank blank piece of filth etc etc" person did, they're going on with their lives completely oblivious to what's happening inside you.  And, they eventually start to wonder why you're now being cold and distant to them. 

If you don't want this to happen anymore, either with you co-workers or your mate, you have two choices.  1 - Do the kind thing, but do it out of the kindness of your heart.  Or 2 - Do it, but let them know what the rules are or what you expect of them the next time.  It doesn't have to be harsh, just a kind suggestion like, "Here's your lunch.  You buy next time, okay?" If they forget the next time, forgive them and remind them again.  If you've expressed what you'd like though, and they don't do it, well, then it's time to stop going the extra mile for that person, unless you feel like doing it out of the kindness of your heart. 

Just my .02  smile

Jan 18 06 07:17 pm Link

Photographer

theedge

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Disappointment naturally leads to anger if we brood on it, then that anger will eventually turn to resentment. 

Anger...fear...aggression. The dark side of the Force are they. ---YODA

Jan 18 06 07:30 pm Link

Model

Horsie Girl

Santa Rosa, California, US

Eric Muss-Barnes wrote:

Move to California. When people piss you off, you can visit the beach and beat up a hippie.

Yeah, and it's lots of fun too.

Jan 18 06 07:35 pm Link

Photographer

Alexei Fomin

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

BCG wrote:
for an uber sensitive dude, this is rather malicious advice.

it was the full moon, at which time my sensitive side comes out. normally i like to destroy things. like burning stuffed animals, drop kicking flourescent tubes, trashing vehicles, damaging evil people's health.

Jan 18 06 07:41 pm Link

Photographer

AllenA

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

So tomorrow, grab your purse & coat about lunchtime & ask the worst offender, "You hungry?"

When he or she starts to say thier order, butt in with, "Whatever... but while you're there, get me a lightly toasted Focaccia Pesto Aioli, with SKINLESS chicken, and please have them grill NOT FRY the tomatoes."

Turn your back quickly...and... in a voice that everyone can hear, say "Hey everyone... [insert name of offender here] is going for lunch... anyone want anything?"

Smile at your offender and tell them that you're just going to your car, and make sure they bring back change for a $20.

If you got a webcam, set it on before you do this... it may be fun.

Cheers,

Allen

Jan 19 06 01:30 am Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

Select Models wrote:
See Daniela... thats why U gotta move to CA girlfren.  You've got dozens of new fans out here that would do backflips to take ya to lunch... wink

Awww! Haha- you have no idea how seriously I'm considering it- who wants to help me plan my trip??

-D-

Jan 19 06 08:38 am Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

Ed Burns Photography wrote:
Here's a thought...Lower YOUR expectations.  The problem is not them, it's you.  You're performing a nice gesture, but you expect something in return (like them asking you if you want something when they go out).  When they don't meet YOUR secret expectations, YOU get disappointed.  Disappointment naturally leads to anger if we brood on it, then that anger will eventually turn to resentment.  In the end, you'll stop doing things for them and feel that they've somehow betrayed you or never appreciated your kindness.  This happens in relationships all the time. 

While you sit there and fume over what that "no-good, blankity blank blank piece of filth etc etc" person did, they're going on with their lives completely oblivious to what's happening inside you.  And, they eventually start to wonder why you're now being cold and distant to them. 

If you don't want this to happen anymore, either with you co-workers or your mate, you have two choices.  1 - Do the kind thing, but do it out of the kindness of your heart.  Or 2 - Do it, but let them know what the rules are or what you expect of them the next time.  It doesn't have to be harsh, just a kind suggestion like, "Here's your lunch.  You buy next time, okay?" If they forget the next time, forgive them and remind them again.  If you've expressed what you'd like though, and they don't do it, well, then it's time to stop going the extra mile for that person, unless you feel like doing it out of the kindness of your heart. 

Just my .02  smile

I don't expect anything- I just think it's rude. I ask because that's how I was raised- it's rude not to ask if anyone wants anything (but that's just me)- obviously they were brought up differently- it's just irratating- I think I'm just going to stop asking....and move to California... :-)

Jan 19 06 08:41 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

Daniela V wrote:

I don't expect anything- I just think it's rude. I ask because that's how I was raised- it's rude not to ask if anyone wants anything (but that's just me)- obviously they were brought up differently- it's just irratating- I think I'm just going to stop asking....and move to California... :-)

dont move to california...The Great State of Texas is calling you.

Jan 19 06 08:56 am Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Pretend that they're hippies. Pretend that the office is a beach. Beat them up and then move to California. =P

Jan 19 06 09:37 am Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

BCG wrote:
i lick the last piece of chicken and then ask if anyone wants the last piece...it was a skill i aquired growing up in a house with fourteen children.

That little trick wouldn't have stopped anyone in my house.

Jan 19 06 09:39 am Link

Photographer

BCG

San Antonio, Florida, US

Farenell Photography wrote:

That little trick wouldn't have stopped anyone in my house.

if they tried that approach with me, i would spit on it, then say, no thanks, you have it...that got me slapped, but it was with the giggles.

Jan 19 06 10:56 am Link