Forums > Events > April 26-27 Detroit Art Nude / Fetish Group Shoot

May 14 08 04:25 am Link

Photographer

DVS

Detroit, Michigan, US

f11photography wrote:
Lexar - memory cards

Great idea...memory cards so also Sandisk and the rest.  Thanks!

May 14 08 11:09 am Link

Model

Naughtya

Cleveland, Ohio, US

DVS wrote:
DEAC SPONSORS

I'm trying to get a list of companies to contact for possible donation of supplies, samples, demos, discount coupons, etc for gift bags, giveaways, contests and general operating supplies for the upcoming DEAC events.  Anyone have any companies to consider for anything in particular?  Keep in mind that these companies need to seem open minded towards fine art erotic art photography.  This is what I have so far:

FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS:
Canon - anything
Nikon - anything
Minolta - anything
B&H - discount coupons
Epson - photo paper

FOR MODELS/MUAS:
MAC - supplies/samples
Milani - supplies/samples
HIP/L'Oreal - supplies/samples

Any other suggestions?

what about getting clothing companies to lend clothes for the day? I'm sure there are some local designers that would love to get their name out there.

May 14 08 12:34 pm Link

Photographer

DVS

Detroit, Michigan, US

Naughtya wrote:

what about getting clothing companies to lend clothes for the day? I'm sure there are some local designers that would love to get their name out there.

The problem with that is if they are not a part of the Exotica fashion show, it creates a conflict of interest.  I "did" try to get the exhibiting designers (corsets and such) to offer clothes for use, but they never wrote back.  Now that they know who we are and what we've done, I'm sure we'll have a few of them offer clothes this time.

May 14 08 01:03 pm Link

Photographer

J Vida

Toledo, Ohio, US

DVS wrote:
DEAC SPONSORS

I'm trying to get a list of companies to contact for possible donation of supplies, samples, demos, discount coupons, etc for gift bags, giveaways, contests and general operating supplies for the upcoming DEAC events.  Anyone have any companies to consider for anything in particular?  Keep in mind that these companies need to seem open minded towards fine art erotic art photography.  This is what I have so far:

FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS:
Canon - anything
Nikon - anything
Minolta - anything
B&H - discount coupons
Epson - photo paper

FOR MODELS/MUAS:
MAC - supplies/samples
Milani - supplies/samples
HIP/L'Oreal - supplies/samples

Any other suggestions?

Lexar - Memory Cards
Canon - Batteries?
Maybe get a company to donate some cool camera bags? (long shot, i know)
Eh, if i think of anything else, I'll letcha know!!

May 14 08 03:03 pm Link

Photographer

DVS

Detroit, Michigan, US

Jose G Photo wrote:

Lexar - Memory Cards
Canon - Batteries?
Maybe get a company to donate some cool camera bags? (long shot, i know)
Eh, if i think of anything else, I'll letcha know!!

Great ideas...maybe even software demos and such.

May 14 08 03:40 pm Link

Photographer

Lumigraphics

Detroit, Michigan, US

Maybe some of the "adult" shops in town would love to participate- Lover's Pantry type places?  We could also look for things like pro lab printing services, training (think Lynda.com or totaltraining), personal care (cosmetics or hair styling) and entertainment businesses- clubs, limo service, etc.

I don't know if there is a way to fold it in, but sometimes businesses are more willing to contribute if there is a charitable tie-in. Maybe we could work out a raffle for some of the donated prizes with the money being given to the United Way or somesuch.

Oh and BTW Minolta is out of the camera biz, Sony bought their operations a couple of years ago. I have two nice Sony DSLR bodies to prove it smile

May 14 08 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

DVS

Detroit, Michigan, US

Lumigraphics wrote:
Maybe some of the "adult" shops in town would love to participate- Lover's Pantry type places?  We could also look for things like pro lab printing services, training (think Lynda.com or totaltraining), personal care (cosmetics or hair styling) and entertainment businesses- clubs, limo service, etc.

I don't know if there is a way to fold it in, but sometimes businesses are more willing to contribute if there is a charitable tie-in. Maybe we could work out a raffle for some of the donated prizes with the money being given to the United Way or somesuch.

Oh and BTW Minolta is out of the camera biz, Sony bought their operations a couple of years ago. I have two nice Sony DSLR bodies to prove it smile

Local and online print labs would be good...adult shops, no.  I need to keep DEAC sponsors different overall from Exotica sponsor who are more adult/erotic oriented. DEAC need industry related ones so there is no conflict.   Training and personal care is all good as well.

I agree with the raffle idea as its a good idea, but I feel that most people would be spending enough with travel costs, hotel, DEAC fees, food, fun and personal spending money to give away money even for a good cause.  That's just my feeling on it.  I could be wrong.

May 14 08 09:18 pm Link

Photographer

PF Dark

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

DVS wrote:

Local and online print labs would be good...adult shops, no.  I need to keep DEAC sponsors different overall from Exotica sponsor who are more adult/erotic oriented. DEAC need industry related ones so there is no conflict.   Training and personal care is all good as well.

I agree with the raffle idea as its a good idea, but I feel that most people would be spending enough with travel costs, hotel, DEAC fees, food, fun and personal spending money to give away money even for a good cause.  That's just my feeling on it.  I could be wrong.

true, but if we plan on selling art prints then an areement can be made to split proceeds 20/40/40 or simmilar between charity/photog/models.  my expierence is that people part with $$$ easier when their is a good cause.  womans shelter maybe..

May 14 08 09:32 pm Link

Photographer

Lumigraphics

Detroit, Michigan, US

And I don't mind helping the community, there are many who are less fortunate then we are. Might be some good publicity too smile

May 14 08 10:36 pm Link

May 14 08 10:42 pm Link

Photographer

Lumigraphics

Detroit, Michigan, US

Oh and of course the Detroit Chamber of Commerce might be supportive, anything bringing money in is a good thing for them. If we have sponsorships or donated prizes, a nice press release mentioning those sponsors prominently is always nice. smile

May 14 08 10:43 pm Link

Photographer

DVS

Detroit, Michigan, US

PF Dark wrote:
true, but if we plan on selling art prints then an areement can be made to split proceeds 20/40/40 or simmilar between charity/photog/models.  my expierence is that people part with $$$ easier when their is a good cause.  womans shelter maybe..

Interesting idea...I'll bring that into consideration to everyone when I start planning the gallery part.  As of right now, things are getting busy on my end with 4 DEACs a year now.  I was planning on 2 or 3 with a sales gallery separate from a shooting DEAC night.  Now, to do the DEAC sales gallery at the same time as a shooting DEAC event, I'll need to hire a couple more people.

I've always liked HAVEN in regards to women's shelters and services.

May 14 08 11:47 pm Link

Photographer

DVS

Detroit, Michigan, US

Lumigraphics wrote:
Oh and of course the Detroit Chamber of Commerce might be supportive, anything bringing money in is a good thing for them. If we have sponsorships or donated prizes, a nice press release mentioning those sponsors prominently is always nice. smile

One thing I can say for sure is that the city of Detroit is never going to acknowledge an event with anything erotic and/or fetish.  Governments in general are Puritan in basis and generally shy away from anything of this sort.  I know there have been government sponsored grants and exhibitions that have featured erotica (some quite controversial), but they were mainly supporting the arts as a whole and not erotica directly.

May 14 08 11:50 pm Link

Photographer

J Vida

Toledo, Ohio, US

Hey, when are ya gonna be postin the thingamagiggy for DEAC 2?

May 15 08 12:06 am Link

Photographer

DVS

Detroit, Michigan, US

Jose G Photo wrote:
Hey, when are ya gonna be postin the thingamagiggy for DEAC 2?

Why...you need more naked girlies already?  big_smile

I should have the final info I need from the Exotica people this weekend and will post then.  Even if I don't have ALL the info yet, I get the ball rolling this weekend anyway.

May 15 08 06:39 am Link

Model

Naughtya

Cleveland, Ohio, US

I got new stuffy stuff! So check it!

May 15 08 12:46 pm Link

May 15 08 09:41 pm Link

Photographer

J Vida

Toledo, Ohio, US

Do a little dance. Make a little love. Get down tonight HEYA!! Get down tonight WOAH!!

May 16 08 12:14 am Link

Photographer

f11photography

Northville, Michigan, US

bump

May 16 08 12:58 pm Link

Photographer

Timothy Nolan

Ypsilanti, Michigan, US

DVS wrote:

Great ideas...maybe even software demos and such.

Since they're perhaps the only local store left, methinks, perhaps Adray?

May 17 08 11:11 am Link

Photographer

Lumigraphics

Detroit, Michigan, US

MusMuris wrote:
buncha cool pics

Sweet! Love em smile

I have a couple more done:

https://modelmayhm-1.vo.llnwd.net/d1/photos/080517/14/482f25bbd1f4e.jpg
https://www.lumigraphics.com/models/images/miss_vicious_VI.jpg

May 17 08 02:48 pm Link

Photographer

Lumigraphics

Detroit, Michigan, US

DVS wrote:

One thing I can say for sure is that the city of Detroit is never going to acknowledge an event with anything erotic and/or fetish.  Governments in general are Puritan in basis and generally shy away from anything of this sort.  I know there have been government sponsored grants and exhibitions that have featured erotica (some quite controversial), but they were mainly supporting the arts as a whole and not erotica directly.

Well then for that, they suck! LOL but yeah probably true sad

We need open-minded people...

May 17 08 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

S-U-B-L-I-M-E

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

WOW would have loved to attend this one smile

May 17 08 02:53 pm Link

Photographer

DVS

Detroit, Michigan, US

Timothy Nolan wrote:

Since they're perhaps the only local store left, methinks, perhaps Adray?

Yea...thought of that, but since we had so many people from out-state, I should try to get an online dealer like B&H or something.

May 17 08 04:28 pm Link

Photographer

DVS

Detroit, Michigan, US

Lumigraphics wrote:

Well then for that, they suck! LOL but yeah probably true sad

We need open-minded people...

Yes they do and yes we do.  smile

May 17 08 04:29 pm Link

Photographer

DVS

Detroit, Michigan, US

S-U-B-L-I-M-E wrote:
WOW would have loved to attend this one smile

DEAC 1.5 is August 2nd and DEAC 2 is November 7-9.

May 17 08 04:31 pm Link

Model

Kioko

Detroit, Michigan, US

Soooo...Tomorrows my birthday yayyy!!!..just thought you people would like to know

May 19 08 08:16 pm Link

Photographer

Matthew Paquin Photo

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Did you stop adding images to the list?

May 20 08 05:24 pm Link

Photographer

DEAC

Detroit, Michigan, US

MusMuris wrote:
Did you stop adding images to the list?

No...just got caught up with projects...adding new ones now.  smile

May 20 08 05:36 pm Link

Photographer

DEAC

Detroit, Michigan, US

Added all the new images above...great stuff!

May 20 08 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

f11photography

Northville, Michigan, US

Kioko wrote:
Soooo...Tomorrows my birthday yayyy!!!..just thought you people would like to know

Happy Birthday!  I know it's late, but I haven't been by a computer for a couple of days.

May 21 08 02:48 pm Link

Photographer

Poundn Iron Graphics

Alpena, Michigan, US

Begging forgiveness.
At this point I believe all of the models have images e-mailed to them.
Several outgoing e-mails did not process correctly, and I did not check to see that they were in the "Sent" folder (Slow broad band country with multiple files / busy times is the only reason I can think of.)

PLEASE contact me if you did not get your images.

Tom

May 23 08 01:57 am Link

Photographer

Glen Berry

Huntington, West Virginia, US

I just uploaded a new nude image of Spilt Sugar to page 5 of my portfolio:

Attention: 18+
http://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pic_id=483d7e506ead3&date=2008-05-28%2011:46:25&id=38761&pid=6917715

Feel free to add this one to the DEAC list, or any other lists you like. Also, if you like this, be sure to leave a comment.  smile

May 28 08 12:08 pm Link

Photographer

Lumigraphics

Detroit, Michigan, US

Bumpety bump!

May 30 08 08:38 pm Link

Model

London Andrews

Onalaska, Washington, US

Just bought tickets for all of Sunday... :  )

Jul 21 08 09:24 pm Link

Model

Alkemie Jane

Columbus, Ohio, US

rawr!

that is all.

Jul 21 08 09:29 pm Link