Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > How many of you actually fantasized about ...

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

How many of you actually fantasized about growing up to be a Model, or a Photographer?

When I was a kid, I fantasized about having a band like Earth, Wind & Fire. I still do every now and then.

Jun 10 05 12:34 am Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

I dreamt of being God.  So I took the 8 year course.
I work on Tuesdays once in while when the big guys are on vacation.  Even the G-man takes a day off,  but his slow day is usually always a Tuesday.

That doesn't even include all the false gods that I dress up as.

I would like to be President of the US or the King of Thailand.

Rock star but my voice is terrible so maybe I still have a shot,  astronaut but now with my vertigo,  I think that idea is gone......

Jun 10 05 12:58 am Link

Photographer

Duck Photography

San Diego, California, US

I wanted to be an astronaut

Jun 10 05 01:02 am Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

I wanted to be a Photographer and shoot Sports..
Guess i got to carried away with the Cheerleaders..
Cause im still shootin them (:---

Jun 10 05 01:17 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

I always dreamed of being a scientist (did study physical and electrical engineering), but I was shooting since I was 11 or 12 years old. At age fifteen, I did an internship in a photolab in a tv station and photojournalists urged me to be a photographer because of my eye and talent for photography.

I played with the thought for many years, but my dream was working in astro physics or alternative energy source research... Tho... my passion was photography... it was always there... no matter what I was doing...

Over the years... I always knew I will do photography, following my calling so to speak..., but was always afraid of losing the joy on the creative process, if I had to make  a living out of it... boy... was I wrong...

But what am I writing... I didn't read any of the other posts, just responded to the question... why would anybody else read that stuff... lol

Well... I had some of my favorite vodka (Tanqueray Sterling Vodka) and that question made me dwell in the past... bwahahahahahaaaaa.

Good night!

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by marksora: 
I dreamt of being God.  So I took the 8 year course.
I work on Tuesdays once in while when the big guys are on vacation.  Even the G-man takes a day off,  but his slow day is usually always a Tuesday.

That doesn't even include all the false gods that I dress up as.

I would like to be President of the US or the King of Thailand.

Rock star but my voice is terrible so maybe I still have a shot,  astronaut but now with my vertigo,  I think that idea is gone......

Mark, you impress me as a man who smokes a lot of 'shrooms. Lol ...j/k

Photographer

vanscottie

Winnetka, California, US

two of my favorite TV shows growing up were "SWAT" and "Emergency" I wanted to combine the two and be a Paramedic Sniper - nevermind the moral ambiguities. Years later I am cerified in first aid and I have lil ole .22 rifle....that's as close as I got!

Jun 10 05 01:40 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Posted by vanscottie: 
I wanted to combine the two and be a Paramedic Sniper

I think the USA Network has a hot new original series on its hands! 

Jun 10 05 02:15 am Link

Photographer

Fred Brown Photo

Chicago, Illinois, US

Not me, I was a network engineer for 14 years before even thinking about photography. It wasn't until my son was born that I got interested in photography.

Jun 10 05 02:43 am Link

Photographer

Duck Photography

San Diego, California, US

Posted by vanscottie: 
two of my favorite TV shows growing up were "SWAT" and "Emergency" I wanted to combine the two and be a Paramedic Sniper - nevermind the moral ambiguities. Years later I am cerified in first aid and I have lil ole .22 rifle....that's as close as I got!

I actually know I guy like that. He first enlisted in the army as Infanrty and got pick up for sniper school. He then renlisted as a Combat Medic.

Jun 10 05 03:17 am Link

Model

Valerie Rose

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, US

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 
How many of you actually fantasized about growing up to be a Model, or a Photographer?

When I was a kid, I fantasized about having a band like Earth, Wind & Fire. I still do every now and then.

I never fantasized about being a model... I always wanted to be a stripper... (I don't want to become a stripper now of course that is not my dream lol but that was my dream when I was little! seriously! lol I was a weird little girl.

Jun 10 05 03:23 am Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Posted by Chelsea: 

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 

I never fantasized about being a model... I always wanted to be a stripper... (I don't want to become a stripper now of course that is not my dream lol but that was my dream when I was little! seriously! lol I was a weird little girl.

Then i must know alota weird girls..lol

Jun 10 05 03:26 am Link

Photographer

Steven Stone Photo

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

I always wanted to be Iggy Pop.  Bit I figured I'd never live past 20.  What a fuckin' bummer... I failed at everything.

Jun 10 05 03:46 am Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Iggy pop did not live past 20,  it is just a pertrified mummy of him walking around.

Jun 10 05 03:48 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

LMAO! All of you guys in this thread have demonstrated yourselves to be top notch comedians! Good show!

Jun 10 05 03:49 am Link

Photographer

Steven Stone Photo

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

What the fuck ever...
Guy, if I can reach 50-whatever and look as tough as Iggy, I'll be a happy man.
Odds are I'll look a little closer to Rip Taylor, though.  Goddamned genetics.

Jun 10 05 03:54 am Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 
LMAO! All of you guys in this thread have demonstrated yourselves to be top notch comedians! Good show!

I am not drinking but If you buy me a six pack,  I will put on my costume of Captain Serious and wipe them into shape.

Jun 10 05 03:59 am Link

Model

ModiX

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

At first I wanted to be a princess. Then I rapidly advanced to spacejockey, surgeon, fighterpilot, bountyhunter, archeologist, writer....

Now I aim for one thing only. World domination.

Jun 10 05 04:30 am Link

Model

Dashinka

Chicago, Illinois, US

I never actually fantasized about modeling, or wanted to be one though I have worked hard at it as a side income in the past few years, now I'm taking it more seriously.  My mother used to put together runway shows for famed designers in Dallas, TX.  She tried to coach me and I learned but forgot.  Then I had this psycho ex friend who was anorexic and desired to be on the cover of vogue, I simply began modeling to spite her because she kept putting me down about my height.  I also entered Miss Hawaiian tropic simply to try and win money to pay for veterinary technician courses. It's a long dramatic story.  Now I see I have a possibility of doing legitimate fashion work, so to be honest, I am presently striving for that.  Never dreamed of it though, still not dreaming, just doing, seeing where I can go.

With Respect,
Darya Dasha

Jun 10 05 04:34 am Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Posted by ModiX: 
At first I wanted to be a princess. Then I rapidly advanced to spacejockey, surgeon, fighterpilot, bountyhunter, archeologist, writer....

Modix is one of my favorite Cyber spacesurgeon princesses.

Maybe my favorite.
I fantasized about Modix a few months ago does that count.

Jun 10 05 04:39 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

I wanted to be a junkie when I grew up.

I kid.

At first I wanted to ba dancer. Then I wanted to be a cetaecian biologist. Then I wanted to be a writer. Then I wanted to be a psycholigst. Then I wanted to be a lawyer.  Now I just want to be supreme high overloard of time space and dimension.  From lawyer, it seemed to be the only logical place to go.

Jun 10 05 11:17 am Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

I wanted to grow up and be in charge of a global computer network and make electronic music and work in visual media as a hobby.

No kidding around, I'm doing exactly what I always wanted to do. While being an astronaut would have been cool, I was realistic as a kid. I'll buy my way into space.

Jun 10 05 11:36 am Link

Photographer

p h o t o f a s h i o n

London, England, United Kingdom

Posted by theda: 
I wanted to be a junkie when I grew up.

I kid.

At first I wanted to ba dancer. Then I wanted to be a cetaecian biologist. Then I wanted to be a writer. Then I wanted to be a psycholigst. Then I wanted to be a lawyer.  Now I just want to be supreme high overloard of time space and dimension.  From lawyer, it seemed to be the only logical place to go.

and in the meantime you can vent your lack of total world power frustrations as a moderator!! ;-))
Dr Who and the timelords would sort you out in no time if you ever tried that overlord of dimensions sh*t!

Jun 10 05 11:38 am Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

*chuckles at the latest installment of thread contributions*

Jun 10 05 01:39 pm Link

Model

Goddess Erinys

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

i wanted to be Wonder Woman. my sister told me that if i spun around twelve times and said the pledge of allegiance that i would be. hmmm..well im obviously not.now that i think about it..that was a really mean thing to do.
im gonna call her now and make her feel bad about herself
smile

Jun 10 05 01:44 pm Link

Photographer

LaMarco

Berwick, Maine, US

HAHA! I always wanted to be an artist and poet, like the men of old who walked around writing about the people they met and painting the places they loved to be and found tranquility at.

I did art school, dance, photography, just about everything. Growing in the city I grew up in you had t be tough and the more I got into the arts the more I got into fights, etc. So in the end I gave it all up and became a dreamer not someone who creates.

All in all I still dream of being an artist and not having a label of photographer, or painter, or poet.

Most important thing is I am creating again with out fear of what people think and say.

Jun 10 05 01:52 pm Link

Photographer

_VICTOR_

Los Angeles, California, US

when i was a little kid i wanted to grow up to be a fire truck! Not a fire man... a FIRE TRUCK!

Jun 10 05 02:17 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Kim

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

I wanted to be a serial killer, but couldn't spell, so now all I do is eat a lot of breakfast.

Jun 10 05 06:20 pm Link

Photographer

LongWindFPV Visuals

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Posted by LaMarco Photo: 
HAHA! I always wanted to be an artist and poet, like the men of old who walked around writing about the people they met and painting the places they loved to be and found tranquility at.

I did art school, dance, photography, just about everything. Growing in the city I grew up in you had t be tough and the more I got into the arts the more I got into fights, etc. So in the end I gave it all up and became a dreamer not someone who creates.

All in all I still dream of being an artist and not having a label of photographer, or painter, or poet.

Most important thing is I am creating again with out fear of what people think and say.

You'd make a fine Bard. Oh wait, they sing don't they? Ok, then you'd make a fine er, what's the equivalent term for a vagabond artist who doesn't sing?

Jun 11 05 01:14 am Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

no, bard's don't sing... well, i mean it's not forbidden or anything, i don't think you lose your bardhood for singing or go to the dungeon or anything. so maybe bards have been known to sing as much as the next guy... but singing isn't part of being a bard. just being a poet, or a lyrical poet is enough thankuverymuch

Jun 11 05 03:10 am Link

Model

pressdelete

If I remember correctly Ive dreamed about world domination a lot..but more in a buddhist good way.
With cartoon network first I dreamed of having super powers and later on I moved from knowing several martial arts to knowing about everything happening within military forces and being an undercover agent, speaking probably 16 languages aso big_smile
'They' say when you kill people in your dreams, you deal with every day conflicts/problems..I guess I had a lot of them for a while...maybe..

Jun 11 05 03:11 am Link

Photographer

Aaron_H

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

oh, aside from wanting to be a pro whatever sport i was playing at the time, i wanted to be an architect.

double oh, since i think there's a cap on how many posts we can make before we have our fingers ripped out, and VM is getting dangerously close, I'll just answer for him, it's so obvious anyway: PIMP!

Jun 11 05 03:15 am Link

Model

Rose Noir

Chicago, Illinois, US

When I was a kid I wanted to be a the lead vocalist of a metal band. That screaming stuff really screws with your vocal cords LOL. I was in a band. I couldnt take the strain on my throat so I quit.

I also wanted to be a vampire. Since they live forever (at least in myth) and they have sudective powers of unearthly beauty and they get to rip people apart if they feel like it LOL. I still kinda wanna be a vampire. *Pouts*

I was a strange little kid. LOL I wanted to be a vampire to mainly hide away during the day. I'm still like that LOL.

Jun 11 05 03:45 am Link

Model

Rose Noir

Chicago, Illinois, US

Posted by Brian Kim: 
I wanted to be a serial killer, but couldn't spell, so now all I do is eat a lot of breakfast.

LOL When I was younger I thought a serial killer was someone that killed cereal! LMFAO

Jun 11 05 03:58 am Link

Model

Ever Art

Chicago, Illinois, US

I never thought about Modeling, really. 

I always wanted to be an Artist...was a Graphic Artist for 3 years. Got laid off...went into Bartending, made twice as much money doing that, than at the Art job. Was planning on going back to College and finish my degree...my plan was interrupted.  I was discovered dancing in a Nightclub by a Photographer. I posted one photo on a Midwest modeling forum January 2000 for critique - and it turned into a 5 1/2 year career!  And thru Modeling I have made my dreams of Traveling come true and using myself as Art instead.

WHOA! What a wild ride its been...better than I ever dreamed!

Jun 11 05 03:59 am Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Posted by ModiX: 

This is so perfect for Dreampretty ..lol
But the ending is different!!!

Now I aim for one thing only.to be a princess

Jun 11 05 04:03 am Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Posted by Rose Noir: 

Posted by Brian Kim: 

LOL When I was younger I thought a serial killer was someone that killed cereal! LMFAO

I still drown my Cherios in a bowl of milk.. so I guess I am a Cereal Killer....

Jun 11 05 04:34 am Link

Model

Alexandra Paris

Portland, Arkansas, US

When I was a teenager, I fantasized about being a vampire. But then I would have to kill people to get my life source, I changed my mind on that one.

Jun 11 05 06:05 am Link

Photographer

CreativeSandBoxStudio

Posted by Joe K. Perez: 

It really didn't hit me until I was 18yrs old living in Calif, that it hit me that I wanted to be something in the creative field. As for band, I play 6-12 different instruments and have tours with bands all over america & europe.....the only dream that I wanted I got...to be a father.....dream came true

Jun 11 05 06:17 am Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

I originally wanted to be a fashon designer... couldn't find a school so I studied computers and electronics while nurturing photography as a hobby until 2001 when I was convinced by 3 models I was friends with that I should pursue this more seriously as a career... and here I am now  :-)

Jun 11 05 06:58 am Link