Forums > General Industry > Models w/big heads...

Model

Kemara

Tavares, Florida, US

Egh! Why is that girls on here have like 5-7 pictures that are NOT great think they're hot shyt?! That drives me nutz! I had 1 girl jump down my throat b/c she had a 18+ pic as her avatar, and I left a tag saying about work/family safe MM... and she emailed me jumping down my throat saying that i'm unprofessional, and that I'm 10x fatter than her+a whale, etc. being all immature! Then she was like oh well I am getting represented by elite blah blah blah.
I feel bad if they do pick her! She seems like she's a concieded brat! I dunno, but I see soooooo many girls like this and it drives me CRAZY! Some1 needs to smack some sense into these people! Yes... i guess photographers and male models get like this too! lol.
So does any1 else come across this problem like every day?

Feb 16 06 12:37 am Link

Photographer

Lost Coast Photo

Ferndale, California, US

I try to avoid people like that.  I also try never to use a wide angle lens on a model w/ a big head.

Sorry... it's been a long day smile

Feb 16 06 12:42 am Link

Model

scarletdiva

Los Angeles, California, US

big head stems from skinny necks and low self-esteems.  dont sweat them.

Feb 16 06 12:48 am Link

Model

Kemara

Tavares, Florida, US

Yea I think i'd rather have something on my bones than just be bone... its healthier and more attractive in my mind... I wouldn't want to think I'm able to be hid by a lightpole.
I hate letting it bother me, but this girl was just RUDE! And took my comment, etc. WAYYYYYY outta proportion, and I wanted to defend myself, but I hate feeling like i'm stooping to their levels...
And for me being 10x her + a whale... I think I look pretty damn good... lmao had to add that haha

Feb 16 06 12:53 am Link

Photographer

San Anselmo, California, US

I have a simple rule----- I never work with people  I dislike or who I feel are overbearing if not obnoxious. If you dont  obey this simple rule ....you inevutably regret it later ...why head for "tsouris" when you can avoid it.  And I have been burnt before.... you live and learn.  mphot

Feb 16 06 01:03 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Here I thought this was going to be a thread on hat size and models who were disproportionate for their size.  Oh well, it is a bit less challenging than that.

Time is the big equalizer.  After a while, everyone comes back down to earth.  If they don't they eventually just go away.

Feb 16 06 01:06 am Link

Photographer

Jordan Hamilton May

Lake Forest, California, US

You hit a nerve with me! I am so sick and tired of models asking for tons of money and being stuck up when they have barely been modeling for a few months or have nothing but crappy images so far. Dont expect someone to pay you unless your name can do something for their career or you have a specific look and its a paid assignment for the photographer as well. I dont care how good looking you are, there are way too many girls out there that want to be models to remind us that as cute as you are, there is someone else cuter than you right around the corner. Personality and attitude go a long way in my book! Cocky photographers are just as bad.

Feb 16 06 01:09 am Link

Model

real bella cupcake

Huntington Beach, California, US

I think she probably got mad because you posted the comment for everyone to see instead of sending her a message.

Feb 16 06 01:09 am Link

Model

Samantha Grace

Just tell her fat is where it is at!!

Because sweetie you are far from fat.

If you are fat then 90% of glamour models are fat.... some models forget curves look great in lingerie and swimsuits!!

Haha, I see alot of big headed girls on this site. Not to put models who are Elite... Ford... or whatever down. But their are a few on here that treat us free lance, glamour girls like peons.
And say we are not really models since we do not work the cat walk, or pay someone 20% to find us work.

Why can't we all just get along!

Feb 16 06 01:10 am Link

Model

Vilan

Tracy, California, US

Kemara wrote:
Egh! Why is that girls on here have like 5-7 pictures that are NOT great think they're hot shyt?!

I understand the rest of your post but beauty is in the eye of the beholder so you may think their pictue is ugly but some others may not.

i'm sorry for the girl being so rude like that, she should have just taken it as a advice/suggestion.

Vilan

Feb 16 06 01:20 am Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

Sorry, Thought this was a wide angle discussion smile

Feb 16 06 01:21 am Link

Photographer

Raven Photography

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I had one teenage girl about 15 y/old model with another 2 other teenagers (a shoot I spoke about in another post) who was completely full of herself.

Her mum jumped to her every whim and when I saw them walking out of the modeling agency I smiled to her and she completely ignored me like she was some famous model and I was below her.

The other two models who modeled with her were far more attractive and I wouldn't even want to do TFP or TFCD with her let alone pay her to model for me.

Feb 16 06 01:21 am Link

Photographer

WestWoodStudios

just to say i see hundreds of profiles with models that shot with GWC guys and give them big heads small bodies and somehow they think this is good photography??? It really makes it hard for you to decide if you want to work with them or not. I think someone should post agency compcards so some of these kids can see what is real and what is GWC. Just my 3 cents. I refuse to get into the whole photoshop stuff at this time. High jacking will be later on.

Robert Anthony

Feb 16 06 01:28 am Link

Model

scarletdiva

WestWoodStudios wrote:
just to say i see hundreds of profiles with models that shot with GWC guys and give them big heads small bodies and somehow they think this is good photography??? It really makes it hard for you to decide if you want to work with them or not. I think someone should post agency compcards so some of these kids can see what is real and what is GWC. Just my 3 cents. I refuse to get into the whole photoshop stuff at this time. High jacking will be later on.

Robert Anthony

she meant it figuratively.  but i agree with you, man.  :-)

Feb 16 06 01:31 am Link

Photographer

Ron B Blake

Macomb, Illinois, US

wow can i relate and agree with this posting

Feb 16 06 01:46 am Link

Model

BeccaNDSouth

Olympia, Washington, US

I'm so glad that I haven't had any problems like that from other models. I have had photographers call me fat, and a couple of so-called agents call me a few things, but I am lucky to have not had problems with models getting into it with me. Then again, I don't think I've made any comments or anything about the model that would set anything off. I really don't see how what the OP said would be quite so rude, unless she worded it in a way that the other model took as offensive. Then again, some people tend to take a lot of things as the wrong thing. I am even guilty of doing it sometimes.

Feb 16 06 10:07 am Link

Photographer

WOLF WILSON

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Hummmm.....   I'll keep my mouth shut.

Feb 16 06 10:20 am Link

Model

Adel_K

New York, New York, US

WOLF WILSON wrote:
Hummmm.....   I'll keep my mouth shut.

ditto

Feb 16 06 10:35 am Link

Photographer

DeBoer Photography

Melbourne, Florida, US

I haven't read the thread...

But I think you can blame the photographer for using a wide-angle lens and photographing down on the subject.

tongue

Feb 16 06 10:54 am Link

Model

Kemara wrote:
Models w/big heads...

Photo shop might help...or it may be that they're underweight (like Nicole Richie) or spent some time in space http://spaceinfo.jaxa.jp/note/yujin/e/y … ody_e.html

Feb 16 06 10:57 am Link

Photographer

Shan L Photography

Kemara wrote:
Yea I think i'd rather have something on my bones than just be bone... its healthier and more attractive in my mind... I wouldn't want to think I'm able to be hid by a lightpole.
I hate letting it bother me, but this girl was just RUDE! And took my comment, etc. WAYYYYYY outta proportion, and I wanted to defend myself, but I hate feeling like i'm stooping to their levels...
And for me being 10x her + a whale... I think I look pretty damn good... lmao had to add that haha

I'd rather be anything that God made me. Ya know, some of us are naturally thin. One thing I've never understood about people, (mostly women) is why at times, some seem to HAVE to say something negative about the other.

For instance, a thinner girl would say..."I don't like fat girls, I like being skinny, skinny is more attractive"

Feb 16 06 11:26 am Link

Photographer

Shan L Photography

flor bermudez wrote:
I think she probably got mad because you posted the comment for everyone to see instead of sending her a message.

This could be it...

Feb 16 06 11:26 am Link

Photographer

James Jackson Fashion

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Oh........

I thought from the title you meant models with big heads like:

Alexis Dziena

Have you seen the size of this girl's head??? It doesn't belong on her body!  And she's playing a character that is 17??? HELLO she looks NOTHING like a 17 year old

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/337 … ,%20Alexis

even though she's 21...(wtf...Olsen twins I think we found your new eating partner)

Feb 16 06 11:31 am Link

Model

KatieK

Lawrence, Kansas, US

I'm pretty new to this, so my .02 might not count for much.  But I do know that a snotty attitude will get you nowhere.  I kinda feel sorry for the girl, she's gonna have a hard time getting anywhere if she doesn't get off her high horse.  And, Kemara, you ARE NOT fat.  Curves are IT, I'm so sick of seeing beanpoles everywhere.  Don't let her get you down. 

Side note......I have a HUGE head!  Literally.  tongue

Feb 16 06 11:34 am Link

Model

_Alexandra

Alexandria, Virginia, US

Ken Mierzwa wrote:
I also try never to use a wide angle lens on a model w/ a big head.

smile

Don't sweat it hun; you're gorgeous smile

And when you said big heads in the topic, I thought you were being literal haha.  oh well.  Even if I shot with 100 photographers I wouldn't think I was "hot shit".  I'd much rather say that I'm still gaining experience!

Feb 16 06 11:36 am Link

Model

KatieK

Lawrence, Kansas, US

James Jackson wrote:
Oh........

I thought from the title you meant models with big heads like:

Alexis Dziena

Have you seen the size of this girl's head??? It doesn't belong on her body!  And she's playing a character that is 17??? HELLO she looks NOTHING like a 17 year old

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/337 … ,%20Alexis

even though she's 21...(wtf...Olsen twins I think we found your new eating partner)

DUDE!  You watch Invasion, too?!!!  She so doesn't look 17, and she so does look like a lollipop!  A cute lollipop, but still a lollipop.

Feb 16 06 11:39 am Link

Model

The_N_Word

New York, New York, US

hahaha that's hilarious

Feb 16 06 11:47 am Link

Model

_Alexandra

Alexandria, Virginia, US

KatieK,
from what I see in your port, you don't really have a big head.  However, you are wearing a shirt in one of your photos that I have, too!  Except mine is a light pink smile

Feb 16 06 11:47 am Link

Photographer

Shan L Photography

KatieK wrote:
I'm pretty new to this, so my .02 might not count for much.  But I do know that a snotty attitude will get you nowhere.  I kinda feel sorry for the girl, she's gonna have a hard time getting anywhere if she doesn't get off her high horse.  And, Kemara, you ARE NOT fat.  Curves are IT, I'm so sick of seeing beanpoles everywhere.  Don't let her get you down. 

Side note......I have a HUGE head!  Literally.  tongue

I agree with everything you said, though I can't say I'm tired of "beanpoles" because I suppose I AM ONE NATURALLY...but what I am tired of, is women fighting one another over who's "size" is better. I never got the point of all that, cause if it's over men...at the end of the day, a TYPICAL guy that's only worried about size and looks would honestly screw anything when push comes to shove. Women need to really start backing one another, and stop all the petty bickering. And that's one thing I love about the male mind, the overall sense of comradery...some women need to catch up. I'm not saying what the young cluck said to the original poster wasn't wrong. Life will catch up with her, because 9 times out of 10, she's going to GAIN weight in her lifetime. At least we know she'll be miserable in a few years. On top of that, to go off on someone and call them fat when they're clearly not...she has issues with herself and what women look like..which is EVERY size. Poor thing's been watching too much of the Style network.

Feb 16 06 11:50 am Link

Model

Sirensong

Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

Having read through the thread I KNOW this isnt where it is supposed to be going but I couldnt resist

http://faultgame.com/images/axemurd1.wav

Feb 16 06 11:53 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Proper use of a fisheye lens can equalize out a truly big head

For the metaphorical kind, assuming real life doesn't deflate it for them a large hat pin can work

Feb 16 06 12:01 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

I'm always told I have a big head...

but when I actually had a buy a wig, it had to be specially fitted because all the premade ones were too big.

So I have a small head.

tongue

seriously though, sometimes many of us could use an ego-check. Including myself.

Feb 16 06 12:09 pm Link

Photographer

Craig A McKenzie

Marine City, Michigan, US

Theres always someone that is afraid of competition, and when the strees mounts anyone can become the "punching bag"  Let it go and move on.

Feb 16 06 12:12 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

Shan, you rock, you totally nailed it!

Feb 16 06 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

TEAM

Oxnard, California, US

Angel Tara wrote:
I'm always told I have a big head...

but when I actually had a buy a wig, it had to be specially fitted because all the premade ones were too big.

So I have a small head.

tongue

seriously though, sometimes many of us could use an ego-check. Including myself.

Amen!

Feb 16 06 12:14 pm Link

Model

KatieK

Lawrence, Kansas, US

Shan L Photography wrote:

I agree with everything you said, though I can't say I'm tired of "beanpoles" because I suppose I AM ONE NATURALLY...but what I am tired of, is women fighting one another over who's "size" is better. I never got the point of all that, cause if it's over men...at the end of the day, a TYPICAL guy that's only worried about size and looks would honestly screw anything when push comes to shove. Women need to really start backing one another, and stop all the petty bickering. And that's one thing I love about the male mind, the overall sense of comradery...some women need to catch up. I'm not saying what the young cluck said to the original poster wasn't wrong. Life will catch up with her, because 9 times out of 10, she's going to GAIN weight in her lifetime. At least we know she'll be miserable in a few years. On top of that, to go off on someone and call them fat when they're clearly not...she has issues with herself and what women look like..which is EVERY size. Poor thing's been watching too much of the Style network.

Maybe I should clarify:  I have no problem with naturally skinny women.  I do, however, have a problem with women who are not naturally thin who make themselves far too thin.  One of my dearest friends is TINY and she eats more than most men I know.  But it fits her, she's got a small frame.  It is far to often that I see a girl with a normal - to- average frame starved down to nothing.  That, to me, is a beanpole.  I agree completely with you on the comraderie issue, and I'm not a jealous girl, so I don't see why we can't all get along.  tongue  No hard feelings, right?

Feb 16 06 12:16 pm Link

Photographer

Shan L Photography

KatieK wrote:

Maybe I should clarify:  I have no problem with naturally skinny women.  I do, however, have a problem with women who are not naturally thin who make themselves far too thin.  One of my dearest friends is TINY and she eats more than most men I know.  But it fits her, she's got a small frame.  It is far to often that I see a girl with a normal - to- average frame starved down to nothing.  That, to me, is a beanpole.  I agree completely with you on the comraderie issue, and I'm not a jealous girl, so I don't see why we can't all get along.  tongue  No hard feelings, right?

Oh no I totally understand what you're saying. I think it's very unfortunate how some women pressure themselves to be a certain weight. Believe it or not, a lot of women of color pressure themselves to GAIN weight or be curvier..lol. It's what the "men" in our culture seem to like. So the skinny women are USUALLY the ones that get cracked on. It's almost like no one understands we're not all meant to look alike. Though, the fashion industry really has a pro skinny complex, but they also have a pro tall complex, and heck that's one thing people can't change, lol.

Feb 16 06 12:22 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

There are models, there are 'divas', there are snobs, the stuck up, the easy people and the professionals.

They are all on MM!
Stick with the easy people and professionals! avoid the divas who roam the shout box all day with heavy attitude!

Feb 16 06 12:24 pm Link

Photographer

Shan L Photography

UnoMundo Photography wrote:
There are models, there are 'divas', there are snobs, the stuck up, the easy people and the professionals.

They are all on MM!
Stick with the easy people and professionals! avoid the divas who roam the shout box all day with heavy attitude!

LOL hey good advice, and that can be applied to life as well :-)

Feb 16 06 12:27 pm Link

Model

Kemara

Tavares, Florida, US

model7299 wrote:
KatieK,
from what I see in your port, you don't really have a big head.  However, you are wearing a shirt in one of your photos that I have, too!  Except mine is a light pink smile

me? lol I'm not talking about me lol.

If you saw this girls port, I'm DEFINITLY not jealous! Ugh! Work the camera like her... hmmm I'm gonna keep my mouth shut there... lol

Btw this is what she has at the beginning of her port:
ATTENTION! MUST READ! ATTENTION! MUST READ!

Once in a while I get hate mail from models either because they're jealous or because they can't "work the camera" like I can but either way it goes, when you get some experience and professionalism, maybe someone, other than a sapp, might shoot with u(An emphasis on "might").

Feb 16 06 12:30 pm Link