Forums > General Industry > My name is _________. Am freelance modeling agent

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

This is a scam.

It doesn't matter what name is used. 

It doesn't matter who they claim they are working for.

It doesn't matter what they say the job is, or where it is.

It doesn't matter if he can spell.

It is a scam.

Posting thousands of words and lengthy emails does nothing but waste everybody's time.  If you get one of those, it's a scam.  We have seen it before.

Jun 12 08 05:16 pm Link

Model

Tanya Weaver

Atlanta, Georgia, US

lol

You mean I am not fashion week material? Or that the money order isnt real, just this one time? Ah, boo!

Jun 12 08 05:17 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

My name is Inigo Montoya. Am freelance modeling agent. You killed my manager. Prepare to die.

Jun 12 08 05:20 pm Link

Photographer

Photos by Lemuel

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Really I thought they were looking for amateur photographers to fly to Brazil to shoot the new look for Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition.

Jun 12 08 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Photos by Lemuel wrote:
Really I thought they were looking for amateur photographers to fly to Brazil to shoot the new look for Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition.

Oh.  No.  Wait, I misspoke.  That one's real.  But it's too late, I already booked the job.

Jun 12 08 05:24 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Sophistocles wrote:
My name is Inigo Montoya. Am freelance modeling agent. You killed my manager. Prepare to die.

Inconceivable

Jun 12 08 05:25 pm Link

Photographer

4C 41 42

Nashville, Tennessee, US

This should be a sticky at the top of the "newbie" forum.

Anybody else think Roger is tired of the "Is this a scam?" threads?  smile

Jun 12 08 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

Black Ricco

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

The spelling has improved greatly in these scam letters. I think they finally discovered spell check.

It's grammar and usage that always gets 'em.

Jun 12 08 05:29 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Is it wrong to respond to these scam letters by using the names and SS numbers of assistants I don't like?

Jun 12 08 05:32 pm Link

Photographer

Laura Ann Photography

Peoria, Arizona, US

Kevlar Vest Girl wrote:
Is it wrong to respond to these scam letters by using the names and SS numbers of assistants I don't like?

Eek!

Jun 12 08 05:33 pm Link

Photographer

AcmeStudios

Sophistocles wrote:

LOL great movie.

Photographer

Black Ricco

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Yes, Bob... that would be wrong.

Good to see you making an effort though.

Photographer

AcmeStudios

Kevlar Vest Girl wrote:

lol damn.... Im glad I never worked for you.

Jun 12 08 05:34 pm Link

Photographer

Greg Kolack

Elmhurst, Illinois, US

TXPhotog wrote:
This is a scam.

It doesn't matter what name is used. 

It doesn't matter who they claim they are working for.

It doesn't matter what they say the job is, or where it is.

It is a scam.

Posting thousands of words and lengthy emails does nothing but waste everybody's time.  If you get one of those, it's a scam.  We have seen it before.

Except when it says "My name is Greg Kolack."

Then it isn't a scam and a webcam audition is legitimate.

Model

Isobel Wren

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Sophistocles wrote:

Too funny!

Photographer

AcmeStudios

Im still waiting on my gold bars coming from Nigeria.

Jun 12 08 05:35 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Everyone should be scammed at least once in their lifetime. Builds character. That's why they call it getting schooled. Education's expensive.

Jun 12 08 05:37 pm Link

Photographer

TouchofEleganceStudios

Vallejo, California, US

Ladies they are all lying to you.

I am an agent with the WWF and we are looking for ring gilrs

You will be getting a Western Union Money order soon

In the meantime we need for you to give us direct
access to your checking account so that we can
make further payments

Please respond immdeaitely

Requirements Big Boobs and no brains

Jun 12 08 05:39 pm Link

Photographer

AcmeStudios

John Jebbia wrote:
Everyone should be scammed at least once in their lifetime. Builds character. That's why they call it getting schooled. Education's expensive.

Been there, had that done. The guy was slick tho, came to my studio, sold me an ad in a wedding magazine he was producing, gave deposit, (along with several others in town) and never produced it or gave refunds, then disappeared.

Warrants are out there, still waiting....

Jun 12 08 05:41 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Sophistocles wrote:

I think the name is Minolta. wink

Jun 12 08 05:59 pm Link

Photographer

Chick Habit

Columbus, Ohio, US

Kevlar Vest Girl wrote:

No, not at all.
In fact, I have a few for you.

Jun 12 08 10:17 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

If they want you to do a casting via web cam.
It is a scam and please report to the moderators.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/contactamod.php

Thanks.

M.hana moderator.

Jun 12 08 11:34 pm Link

Photographer

Archived

Phoenix, Arizona, US

M.hana wrote:
If they want you to do a casting via web cam.
It is a scam and please report to the moderators.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/contactamod.php

Thanks.

M.hana moderator.

Seriously? I'm not allowed to ask girls to do webcam auditions?

Jun 12 08 11:46 pm Link

Model

Jess Robinson

San Jose, California, US

AcmeStudios wrote:

LOL great movie.

Greater book!  Abridged or Unabridged, you'll read it in a sitting!

Jun 13 08 12:12 am Link

Photographer

Johnny Panzo

Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada

Thanks for deleting my name. I really don't do that anymore. I'm retired and living in the Bahamas.
Actually, the beaches here are just gorgeous!! Just the other day a big time producer and director from Hollywood came over and told me he's planning to do a big budget film and TV series like baywatch and may need some sexy models and actors. The pay is _____________/day!! We'll send you $$$ as soon as you send me you photos.....

Jun 14 08 02:26 am Link

Photographer

Danger Ninja

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

MY NAME IS NIGERIA

Jun 14 08 03:50 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Kevlar Vest Girl wrote:

I send them nasty emails under my real name W.G. Rawlings

Jun 22 08 01:11 am Link

Photographer

Adi Tanase

Tiverton, England, United Kingdom

Enjoy...

"Hello, 
        My name is Jack Middle I am a freelance modeling agent,working for Scope magazine.I 'm a very fashion-oriented with an eye for creative and artistic shoots out there, I came across your profile through surfing the net, and i want us  to work together as I like what I saw. I was assigned a job that comes in  SEPTEMBER 2012. 
       We are pleased to inform you that if you are a photographer, this is an opportunity for you. You have obtained the necessary requirement we need to update our Magazine, Scope Magazine We will arrange and pay for the photo section, we also want to help you in expanding your portfolio.The site of the magazine field of application is under construction. 

If you are still interested let me know so we can move on with every necessary procedure for the shoot.

Regards

jack"

Aug 15 12 03:53 pm Link

Photographer

Maxximages

Los Angeles, California, US

4 years and the dopes send the same message, I guess it must be working for them.

Aug 15 12 05:24 pm Link

Model

Brianna Lux

Sacramento, California, US

Glad I read these posts. I knew this sounded fishy:???

Hello Model,
           My name is GERALD HIPERSON  41yrs old from London,United kingdom,am a Freelance modeling agent working under GQMAGAZINE [www.gq-magazine.co.uk],i came across your profile on model mayhem while surfing on the internet and it's quite interesting and i will like to do some work with you, I got a fashion outfit which will be coming up in United States between JANUARY 11th- 13th, 2013. kindly get back to me for more details,if you are interested in this job because it is urgent.The best way to contact me is via email.Kindly send all responses to [email protected] look forward to read from you soon once again you can contact me through my private email [email protected]
GERALD HIPERSON

Dec 06 12 08:34 pm Link

Photographer

Brian T Rickey

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

for fuxks sake

gd zombie thread.

Dec 06 12 08:36 pm Link

Model

Julia Steel

Sylvania, Ohio, US

Brie Rochelle wrote:
Glad I read these posts. I knew this sounded fishy:???

Hello Model,
           My name is GERALD HIPERSON  41yrs old from London,United kingdom,am a Freelance modeling agent working under GQMAGAZINE [www.gq-magazine.co.uk],i came across your profile on model mayhem while surfing on the internet and it's quite interesting and i will like to do some work with you, I got a fashion outfit which will be coming up in United States between JANUARY 11th- 13th, 2013. kindly get back to me for more details,if you are interested in this job because it is urgent.The best way to contact me is via email.Kindly send all responses to [email protected] look forward to read from you soon once again you can contact me through my private email [email protected]
GERALD HIPERSON

wow, he didn't even copy and paste your name in there, ouch lol

Dec 06 12 09:01 pm Link

Photographer

DOUGLASFOTOS

Brian T Rickey wrote:
for fuxks sake

gd zombie thread.

Lol

Dec 06 12 09:03 pm Link

Photographer

Herman Surkis

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Robert Randall wrote:

Wrong.... yes.
Funny......yes.

Dec 07 12 12:59 pm Link

Model

Mack V Lee

Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China

Got the same email:
Hello Model,
           My name is Gerald Hiperson 47yrs old from London,United kingdom,am a Freelance modeling agent working under GQ MAGAZINE [www.gq-magazine.co.uk,i came across your profile on model mayhem while surfing on the internet and it's quite interesting and i will like to do some work with you, I got a fashion outfit which will be coming up in United States between February 24th- 26th 2013. kindly get back to me for more details,if you are interested in this job because it is urgent.The best way to contact me is via email.Kindly send all responses to [email protected]. I look forward to read from you soon once again you can contact me through my private email [email protected]

Gerald Hiperson

Feb 06 13 08:18 am Link

Model

Stormee

San Antonio, Texas, US

Feb 06 13 08:24 am Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

Old thread - - is old

But sadly, still relevant.

Feb 06 13 08:29 am Link

Photographer

S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Moderator Note!

Mack V Lee wrote:
Got the same email:
Hello Model,
           My name is Gerald Hiperson 47yrs old from London,United kingdom,am a Freelance modeling agent working under GQ MAGAZINE [www.gq-magazine.co.uk,i came across your profile on model mayhem while surfing on the internet and it's quite interesting and i will like to do some work with you, I got a fashion outfit which will be coming up in United States between February 24th- 26th 2013. kindly get back to me for more details,if you are interested in this job because it is urgent.The best way to contact me is via email.Kindly send all responses to [email protected]. I look forward to read from you soon once again you can contact me through my private email [email protected]

Gerald Hiperson

Please report this to the moderators, and include a link to the profile that sent it to you.

Feb 06 13 08:34 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

Mack V Lee wrote:
Got the same email:
Hello Model,

Gerald Hiperson

Mack:

I am just curious, did he send you a message through MM or did he send you an e-mail through another site.  I noticed that you have provided a LOT of ways for people to contact you.  That is fine, but beware that if you do, you are more likely to get contacted for these kinds of scams.  When you limit contact to messages through MM, you have the security of knowing that the site has taken some steps to ensure that the people are legitimate.  That is not a guarantee though, scams still get through.

The good news though is if someone like you is contacted by one of these dubious people, through MM, you can easily send a message to the moderators for them to investigate.  If it is indeed a scam, which in this case is likely, the will remove the scammer from the site.  If the message comes to you from another e-mail address, even if they saw you on MM, there is little that the moderators can do for you.

It is up to you if you want all of those avenues of contact listed on your profile.  There is no right or wrong answer.  Just beware that if you do keep them on there, there is a likelihood that you will continue to get scam offers like this.

Feb 06 13 04:10 pm Link

Photographer

DELETED-ACCOUNT_

It's not always a scam.  There's a couple agencies here in LA that scout MM for models (dinky small agencies, but agencies nonetheless).  IIRC the owners themselves have accts and contact girls.

Feb 06 13 07:15 pm Link