This thread was locked on 2011-07-02 07:30:29
Forums > Model Colloquy > 3rd LIST - MENTOR support for newbie models

Photographer

Peter Buckley-Saxon

Halstead, England, United Kingdom

orias wrote:
if you still need mentors that have been in the industr and have been working full time in it for years,  im in smile

i travel all over the US and have alot of safety advice,  resources for new models traveling to various cities, the ability to provide jobs and contacts to people who need that extra help, and lots lots lots of experience all throughout the modeling world and the knowledge of that it takes to make it in various fields

i get about 5-6 messages a week from new models seeing a post of mine or running across my page and asking for advice.  i am always willing to help my fellow guys and girls out in this lifestyle smile 

i am also a photographer on the side and shoot headshots for aspiring actors, singers, and models regularly so i can help with direction,  getting a port for them going, and helping them navigate the mayhem hehe. 

so if i can be of assistance to more people,  just show me where i sign tongue

Hi girl.

You do go on don't you! You had me at "Hello" (quote from 'Jerry Maguire'). Seriously, happy to have you aboard.

Peter

Oct 13 08 01:44 pm Link

Model

orias

Tampa, Florida, US

Peter Buckley-Saxon wrote:

Hi girl.

You do go on don't you! You had me at "Hello" (quote from 'Jerry Maguire'). Seriously, happy to have you aboard.

Peter

sorry,  i was watching a show on the apocalypse on the history channel and was in a good mood ;P

Oct 13 08 02:15 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Buckley-Saxon

Dove McCloud wrote:
I'll gladly help, if you like.
I see lots of new girls here in the Tampa Bay area all the time.

Thank you for your offer of assistance. Your details have now been added.

Peter

Oct 13 08 03:00 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Buckley-Saxon

Victoria Julison wrote:
I just want to say, I recently did a shoot with Betty Jo. She took me from the same expression to a variety of expressions and poses. She's helping me so much, I feel with her help Im really blossoming. She's a wonderful tutour. smile

Well done Betty Jo!

Oct 13 08 03:01 pm Link

Model

Betty Jo

Riverview, Florida, US

Well done Betty Jo!

Thank you.  I love doing this.

Oct 13 08 07:52 pm Link

Model

Betty Jo

Riverview, Florida, US

bump

Oct 13 08 10:13 pm Link

Model

orias

Tampa, Florida, US

why cant we have these threads under their respective categories of model matters or photography as sticky threads to clear up all the clutter of commonly asked noob questions? 

cause that would rock

Oct 13 08 11:16 pm Link

Photographer

fotoguy007

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

orias wrote:
why cant we have these threads under their respective categories of model matters or photography as sticky threads to clear up all the clutter of commonly asked noob questions? 

cause that would rock

lol.. stop making sense .... j/k, but yeah that would be a most excellent idea, I think these threads will have to prove themselves though before they move them to Sticky Status ?? Peter.... Craig..... anyone... lol
Have a great night ladies and gents.... I love this comunity... it is sooooo cool to watch the help and volunteers come out to play... everyone keep on rockin !!
Night
John

Oct 13 08 11:26 pm Link

Model

Dove McCloud

Valrico, Florida, US

Thank you for your offer of assistance. Your details have now been added.

Peter

Glad to be of service!

Oct 14 08 01:48 am Link

Model

Betty Jo

Riverview, Florida, US

Bump, Good morning all

Oct 14 08 07:49 am Link

Model

Hana Song

Orlando, Florida, US

Betty Jo wrote:
Bump, Good morning all

Morning Miss Betty Jo wink

Oct 14 08 08:04 am Link

Model

Betty Jo

Riverview, Florida, US

Hana Song wrote:

Morning Miss Betty Jo wink

Morning  Hana

Oct 14 08 08:19 am Link

Photographer

Peter Buckley-Saxon

orias wrote:

cause that would rock

In answer to your question, I don't know how the Moderators decide what to stick. I know it is difficult for them because if they stick too many threads they will fill up the front page which is not fair to new posters. Hopefully in time they will deem the lists worth of sticking (or possibly allow me to stick a simple thread on the Newbie Forum that points to all the separate LISTs.)

Time will tell.

Peter

Oct 14 08 01:24 pm Link

Model

orias

Tampa, Florida, US

possibly allow me to stick a simple thread on the Newbie Forum that points to all the separate LISTs

Time will tell.

Peter

yeah thats probably the better idea..... i wonder who i have to poke around here to get this done ;P

Oct 14 08 02:06 pm Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

In answer to your question, I don't know how the Moderators decide what to stick. I know it is difficult for them because if they stick too many threads they will fill up the front page which is not fair to new posters. Hopefully in time they will deem the lists worth of sticking (or possibly allow me to stick a simple thread on the Newbie Forum that points to all the separate LISTs.)

Time will tell.

Peter

I can also edit my thread stickied in Model Matters to link to this thread.

Oct 14 08 03:47 pm Link

Model

orias

Tampa, Florida, US

fotoguy007 wrote:
lol.. stop making sense

haha my bad i forgot where i was ;P

Oct 14 08 05:01 pm Link

Model

Andree de Villers Nudes

Detroit, Michigan, US

Oct 14 08 10:28 pm Link

Model

Andree de Villers Nudes

Detroit, Michigan, US

I notice there is no one in my area.  I'd love to offer my assistance if you will have me!

Oct 14 08 10:28 pm Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

I would love to find a mentor who knows something about modeling with regards to the kind of stuff I am doing with fashion in the Seattle area.  I kinda suck at knowing much about poses & styling and could really use some directives.  I think I am looking for someone with knowledge about alternative modeling.

Oct 14 08 11:03 pm Link

Model

Janara Astral

San Francisco, California, US

I'm not a mentor candidate, but I am a newbie and would love mentoring!  I'm in Alaska, so there's really no one in my area, but I guess I could be mentored from a distance.  Any seasoned pros you would like to set me up with for tips?  Thanks!

Oct 14 08 11:16 pm Link

Model

Betty Jaded

Rochester, New York, US

I'd like to try!

Oct 14 08 11:19 pm Link

Model

Gypsy Logan

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

Jessie Armstrong wrote:
I'm not a mentor candidate, but I am a newbie and would love mentoring!  I'm in Alaska, so there's really no one in my area, but I guess I could be mentored from a distance.  Any seasoned pros you would like to set me up with for tips?  Thanks!

PMed you! smile

Oct 15 08 01:07 am Link

Model

Kymberly Jane

Los Angeles, California, US

i think i would make a good nudie model mentor.. i do it already to the newbie naked girls.. AND..been around for 7years.. Lots of people know mee..

carly erin is a mentor.. she can handle the east..haha i wanna be the west coast connection!

Oct 15 08 01:09 am Link

Model

orias

Tampa, Florida, US

Jessie Armstrong wrote:

yeah the distance kinda sucks but if you wanna ever take a florida VACA and come work with me,  i'd love to show you the ropes smile   i got a futon for my traveling ladies to come and crash on anytime tongue

Oct 15 08 01:44 am Link

Model

Dani-Leigh

Sacramento, California, US

Hi, I'm sort of a newbie here, I'd love any advice that anyone may have for me- I'm so interested in so many areas of modeling, I don't know where to start!

Also, the first post said we can have our ports assessed by you guys? I'd love to know what you think and where I can improve!

Thanks in advance- great thread, btw!

-Dani

Oct 15 08 05:33 am Link

Model

Betty Jo

Riverview, Florida, US

bump

Oct 15 08 07:29 am Link

Photographer

Peter Buckley-Saxon

Andree de Villers wrote:
I notice there is no one in my area.  I'd love to offer my assistance if you will have me!

Hi Andree

Many thanks for your offer of support. Your details have now been added.

Peter

Oct 15 08 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Buckley-Saxon

Kymberly Jane wrote:
i think i would make a good nudie model mentor.. i do it already to the newbie naked girls.. AND..been around for 7years.. Lots of people know mee..

carly erin is a mentor.. she can handle the east..haha i wanna be the west coast connection!

Hi Kymberly Jane

Thanks for your offer of support. You have now been added to the list.

Peter

Oct 15 08 02:40 pm Link

Model

Bia T

Would love to be a mentor...I've had a few that have taught me so much!  Would be proud to return the favor.

Oct 15 08 02:47 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Buckley-Saxon

RJ Berry wrote:
Would love to be a mentor...I've had a few that have taught me so much!  Would be proud to return the favor.

....and we would love to have you! Your details have now been added.

Peter

Oct 15 08 03:36 pm Link

Model

Kymberly Jane

Hi Kymberly Jane

Thanks for your offer of support. You have now been added to the list.

Peter

im here to let the New girls Know.. *dont be shy..GET NAKED!!*

...applause not necessary~

Oct 15 08 03:41 pm Link

Model

Tracey P

Chicago, Illinois, US

I'm always here for support.. on the list or not....
fyi smile

Oct 15 08 03:44 pm Link

Model

Tracey P

Chicago, Illinois, US

Kymberly Jane wrote:
im here to let the New girls Know.. *dont be shy..GET NAKED!!*

...applause not necessary~

should i get naked?? tongue

Oct 15 08 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Buckley-Saxon

Tracey P wrote:
I'm always here for support.. on the list or not....
fyi smile

Hi Tracey

Let's make it 'on' shall we. Details now added - thanks for your support.

Peter

Oct 15 08 04:32 pm Link

Photographer

MegSchutz

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

If you find that I'm a good source of knowledge for models as well, I'd love to volunteer for this list too. I've worked with many a newbie models and try to give my best at providing posing tips to flatter their look for whatever genre of modeling they wish to enter.

Oct 15 08 07:08 pm Link

Photographer

Bil Brown

Sign me up to this list as well.

As a former agency test photographer, and runway teacher, I could likely help. Not a model, I... but there are a few photographers in the wings I see.

bb

Oct 15 08 07:30 pm Link

Model

orias

Tampa, Florida, US

Bil Brown wrote:
Sign me up to this list as well.

As a former agency test photographer, and runway teacher, I could likely help. Not a model, I... but there are a few photographers in the wings I see.

bb

love the avatar ;p

Oct 15 08 10:31 pm Link

Model

Kymberly Jane

Tracey P wrote:

should i get naked?? tongue

TRACEY IS ALWAYS ALLOWED TO BE NAKED....if she isnt.. im shocked~ haha smile

Oct 16 08 12:41 am Link

Model

orias

Tampa, Florida, US

Dani-Leigh wrote:
Hi, I'm sort of a newbie here, I'd love any advice that anyone may have for me- I'm so interested in so many areas of modeling, I don't know where to start!

Also, the first post said we can have our ports assessed by you guys? I'd love to know what you think and where I can improve!

Thanks in advance- great thread, btw!

-Dani

done smile

Oct 16 08 01:05 am Link

Model

Elizabeth Small

Dallas, Georgia, US

Very much a "newbie"! I'm so glad I found you! Can you help me here in Reno, Nevada? wink

Oct 16 08 01:14 am Link