Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Suicide and Violence Help Thread

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

L I L I T H wrote:
This is also a great thread that I can relate to personally.

It's always great to know that you're never alone.

smile
That's really the whole point of this thread. We're really not the ones to diagnose and give medical or legal advice and all, but through our own experiences we share that life is doable.

Feb 19 10 12:04 pm Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Star Child wrote:

smile
That's really the whole point of this thread. We're really not the ones to diagnose and give medical or legal advice and all, but through our own experiences we share that life is doable.

and hopefully that it's more than do-able, sometimes it's actually enjoyable smile

Feb 19 10 12:07 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Faith EnFire wrote:

and hopefully that it's more than do-able, sometimes it's actually enjoyable smile

smile yup

Feb 19 10 12:09 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Ridiculously beautiful day today. Sunny skies and temperatures in the 60's big_smile

Feb 20 10 12:17 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Anybody got a WIN to report?

Feb 21 10 09:11 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Berwick, Pennsylvania, US

Star Child wrote:
Anybody got a WIN to report?

I'm actually not doing so well today. Sorry.

Feb 21 10 09:26 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Photons 2 Pixels Images wrote:

In actually not doing so well today. Sorry.

*huggs*
fighting off a low or ugly event?

Feb 21 10 09:27 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Star Child wrote:

*huggs*
fighting off a low or ugly event?

Low. It's been building for awhile. I start eating compulsively. And shopping. That usually holds it off for awhile but once it hits I also have to deal with the side effects of the compulsions.

Feb 21 10 09:31 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Low. It's been building for awhile. I start eating compulsively. And shopping. That usually holds it off for awhile but once it hits I also have to deal with the side effects of the compulsions.

Does this mean no more Supertramp songs? sad

Feb 21 10 09:36 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Star Child wrote:

Does this mean no more Supertramp songs? sad

It probably means more. Well, more songs in general. Not just Supertramp.

Feb 21 10 09:56 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

It probably means more. Well, more songs in general. Not just Supertramp.

big_smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OsfzU_XRas
Subject matter is such a downer, but doggone if the music isn't beautiful.

Feb 21 10 09:59 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Star Child wrote:

big_smile

I'll have to check it out when I get home.

Feb 21 10 10:59 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

I don't know if it was a win but I didn't let myself be codependent yesterday and took my rebel xt out with a group of other photographers. Got some nice stuff
Learning that I'm responsible for my own emotions is still in progress but we're getting there

hugs
maybe meg and dean can make you smile
https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4042/4375356873_7d22c41781.jpg

Feb 21 10 11:31 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Faith EnFire wrote:
I don't know if it was a win but I didn't let myself be codependent yesterday and took my rebel xt out with a group of other photographers. Got some nice stuff
Learning that I'm responsible for my own emotions is still in progress but we're getting there

hugs
maybe meg and dean can make you smile
https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4042/4375356873_7d22c41781.jpg

I'm smiling. big_smile

I think part of the tipping point for me was disappointment. I had a shoot on Friday that was really important to me and nothing went right. I have to try to redo it now before the snow is gone.

Feb 21 10 01:58 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Feb 21 10 11:29 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

Star Child wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTKFyNalWpk&feature=related

DUCK SEASON!
WABBIT SEASON!
DUCK SEASON!
WABBIT SEASON!
DUCK SEASON!
WABBIT SEASON!

Feb 22 10 12:30 am Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Star Child wrote:

big_smile

Uplifting, that's for sure. The drummer almost seems like a robot, though. Stiff. smile

Feb 22 10 02:33 am Link

Photographer

Beaute de LeDeux-Shelly

Ashland, California, US

im just about threw my seasonal depression with no flare ups. Im snoozing almost 6 hours a day and feel inspired.This is the first time, Ive felt not alone in over 20 years.I have yet to sit back and examine whats happened over the last few months but its been better than i dreamed.
I hope everyone that feels broken can find the strength to face whatever problems led to the depression. There is hope.

Feb 22 10 06:41 am Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

I'm feeling kinda ugh because the only thing i look forward to these days is work...and Jeff coming home from work every day.
I don't really have any family to rely on either.  their attitude is 'How dare you try to be better than us!'. :<
Aaaand the nightmares have come back hmm  I always wake up crying or screaming...

Feb 22 10 10:48 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Miss Murder Photography wrote:
I'm feeling kinda ugh because the only thing i look forward to these days is work...and Jeff coming home from work every day.
I don't really have any family to rely on either.  their attitude is 'How dare you try to be better than us!'. :<
Aaaand the nightmares have come back hmm  I always wake up crying or screaming...

sad

I remember those nights. I died in my dreams for over a year straight. then one night, the thinking happy thoughts finally worked
hope it gets better for you

Feb 22 10 11:30 am Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

Faith EnFire wrote:

sad

I remember those nights. I died in my dreams for over a year straight. then one night, the thinking happy thoughts finally worked

I had a death dream, i still won't go up on anything high now.  I'm even petrified of ladders.

Sigh.  I'm asking for advice on the photo forums and everyone is being a snippy bastard.

Feb 22 10 11:39 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Faith EnFire wrote:
sad

i feel for you, too. The one thing we have to do and FnF just gave an example is find a way to emotionally fight back. We have to first recognize where the stress is coming from, then identify how it makes us feel and then form a counter attack on those feelings.

Feb 22 10 11:42 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Beaute de LeDeux wrote:
im just about threw my seasonal depression with no flare ups. Im snoozing almost 6 hours a day and feel inspired.This is the first time, Ive felt not alone in over 20 years.I have yet to sit back and examine whats happened over the last few months but its been better than i dreamed.
I hope everyone that feels broken can find the strength to face whatever problems led to the depression. There is hope.

big_smile

Feb 22 10 11:42 am Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Uplifting, that's for sure. The drummer almost seems like a robot, though. Stiff. smile

lol
Yeah, I laugh at the whole presentation, but that song is so beautiful.

Feb 22 10 11:43 am Link

Model

Faith EnFire

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Star Child wrote:

i feel for you, too. The one thing we have to do and FnF just gave an example is find a way to emotionally fight back. We have to first recognize where the stress is coming from, then identify how it makes us feel and then form a counter attack on those feelings.

that and I'm one of those crazy people who can-with enough effort-control her dream environment

Feb 22 10 11:45 am Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

Faith EnFire wrote:

that and I'm one of those crazy people who can-with enough effort-control her dream environment

I usually know i'm dreaming and kinda switch between first person and watching from above... it's weird.

Feb 22 10 01:12 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

San Diego Country Estates, California, US

I have a minor WIN: models are starting to contact ME about doing shoots!  I knew all that free candy I was giving away would eventually work.

Feb 22 10 01:20 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Lawrence Guy wrote:
I have a minor WIN: models are starting to contact ME about doing shoots!  I knew all that free candy I was giving away would eventually work.

lol
I know of some models who are publicly singing your praises, too. smile

Feb 22 10 01:25 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

Star Child wrote:

lol
I know of some models who are publicly singing your praises, too. smile

I just saw that thread. *blush*

Feb 22 10 01:36 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

I sold my first print today. I should be happy, right? sad

Feb 22 10 05:39 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

I sold my first print today. I should be happy, right? sad

Not if selling prints isn't important to you.  Beware the word "should."  When you think that things "should" or "must" be a certain way, you generally set yourself up for disappointment.  Change your mindset to "it would be nice if ..., but it wouldn't be the end of the world if ... didn't happen."  I shall now stop pretending to be a therapist.

So... there's something more important that's bothering you.  Tell?

Feb 22 10 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Lawrence Guy wrote:

Not if selling prints isn't important to you.  Beware the word "should."  When you think that things "should" or "must" be a certain way, you generally set yourself up for disappointment.  Change your mindset to "it would be nice if ..., but it wouldn't be the end of the world if ... didn't happen."  I shall now stop pretending to be a therapist.

So... there's something more important that's bothering you.  Tell?

I don't mean happy overall. I mean happy I sold a print. My reason for doing this is to make images that I can enjoy but just as importantly, others can enjoy as well. Someone bought one so I'm guessing they enjoy it. I think should is the correct term here. I'm not expecting to be happy overall, just happy one of my prints sold which means I'm doing something right.

And, yeah, there is something bothering me. Life. Specifically mine.

Feb 22 10 06:07 pm Link

Model

Ms Jenni

Springfield, Colorado, US

Wow. I'm glad I found this thread. Amazing!

I am manic depressive and have severe anxiety.

When I was a teenager I had a big problem with suicidal thoughts. I tried it once. I was an meds for a brief amount of time, but they only made matters worse. So I stopped.

Ages 16 - 20 were rough. I slept a lot. I was unhappy with myself. I couldn't find happiness.

For the most part my depression is no longer much of an issue. I have my down days, which make me extremely irritable. And a lot of days, I feel tired.

I'm still not on any meds for depression, but I do take Xanax for my anxiety. Right now my anxiety issues overcome my depression. If I don't take Xanax when I feel like something is going to trigger an anxious response, I feel like I want to spaz out on everyone and everything 24/7.

Anyway. Great thread, and I look forward to supporting and hearing everyone's good and bad days.

Feb 22 10 06:42 pm Link

Photographer

Photons 2 Pixels Images

Jenni Conner wrote:
Wow. I'm glad I found this thread. Amazing!

I am manic depressive and have severe anxiety.

When I was a teenager I had a big problem with suicidal thoughts. I tried it once. I was an meds for a brief amount of time, but they only made matters worse. So I stopped.

Ages 16 - 20 were rough. I slept a lot. I was unhappy with myself. I couldn't find happiness.

For the most part my depression is no longer much of an issue. I have my down days, which make me extremely irritable. And a lot of days, I feel tired.

I'm still not on any meds for depression, but I do take Xanax for my anxiety. Right now my anxiety issues overcome my depression. If I don't take Xanax when I feel like something is going to trigger an anxious response, I feel like I want to spaz out on everyone and everything 24/7.

Anyway. Great thread, and I look forward to supporting and hearing everyone's good and bad days.

Welcome, Jenni. I'm glad you found us. Pull up a chair, grab some refreshments, and join in. We don't bite. Some of us just nibble a bit.

Thank you for joining us. smile

Feb 22 10 06:47 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

I don't mean happy overall. I mean happy I sold a print. My reason for doing this is to make images that I can enjoy but just as importantly, others can enjoy as well. Someone bought one so I'm guessing they enjoy it. I think should is the correct term here. I'm not expecting to be happy overall, just happy one of my prints sold which means I'm doing something right.

yeah, I know we chatted briefly about that low coming on. Are you gathering up your defenses and putting them to work?

BTW, pretty cool about the print sale.

Feb 22 10 06:53 pm Link

Photographer

Star Child

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Welcome, Jenni. I'm glad you found us. Pull up a chair, grab some refreshments, and join in. We don't bite. Some of us just nibble a bit.

Thank you for joining us. smile

Yep. Welcome! smile
There's, also our sister thread which has a focus on anxiety issues.
https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=535463
Nice people there, too.

Feb 22 10 06:56 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Bryson Photography

Hollywood, Florida, US

Wow! We're almost at the bottom of page 69, and no one has made a crass remark yet!

HEATHENS! mad

Oh, speaking of bottom...

Feb 22 10 06:58 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

Paul Bryson Photography wrote:
Wow! We're almost at the bottom of page 69, and no one has made a crass remark yet!

HEATHENS! mad

Oh, speaking of bottom...

Hey Paul, didn't know you visited us here.  This is one of those rare places on MM where crass remarks are generally not made.  At least not that I can recall.

Feb 22 10 09:02 pm Link

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

Hmmm... general, yet specifically vague.  If I punch you in the arm as hard as I can will it piss you off enough to elaborate?

Feb 22 10 09:05 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Bryson Photography

Hollywood, Florida, US

Lawrence Guy wrote:

Hey Paul, didn't know you visited us here.  This is one of those rare places on MM where crass remarks are generally not made.  At least not that I can recall.

Yep, I visit here...I suffer from depression quite often (actually going through a down spell right now, just not posting about it.)

Feb 22 10 09:20 pm Link