Forums > Events > Chicago 'Burbs M&G: Saturday, Oct. 25, 2008

Artist/Painter

CJ Crave

Genoa, Illinois, US

Windyphoto wrote:
You know, here at www.boobsboobspieandboobs.com we could also use a few extra photographers. Yes, Hal, I already know you're in. Anyone else?

I'll draw the boobs and eat the pie, does that count?

Oct 24 08 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

Windyphoto

Chicago, Illinois, US

CJ Crave wrote:

Well, I can eat the pie myself. But drawing boobs...that sounds like a useful skill. You're in.

Oct 24 08 04:47 pm Link

Photographer

Notable Moments

Springfield, Illinois, US

Gallery By Hal wrote:
And maybe, just maybe, I'll have something to celebrate for a change - cross your fingers, everybody.

Rachel Jay wrote:
Everything that I can cross is crossed.  Except my eyes... I've got work to do this morning lol

Caity B wrote:
I'll all crossed up, sugar! big_smile

I aced the assessments & now have a home (so to speak) with Office Team. 

Not quite time for the HALLELUJAH Chorus - I still need to lay claim to an assignment or 20 - but for the first time in a long time, there's hope...

:-)

Oct 24 08 05:07 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Art of Vincent Wolff

Wheaton, Illinois, US

It's doubtful that I can make it tomorrow....

And I so much wanted to help CJ draw the boobs (and eat pie!)

Oct 24 08 05:15 pm Link

Photographer

Gallery By Hal

CJ Crave wrote:

Windyphoto wrote:
Well, I can eat the pie myself. But drawing boobs...that sounds like a useful skill. You're in.

Not to toot my own horn (Oooh, what I said...) but I've been known to creatively eat a pie or two in my day, too... 

Oh, wait - that's not what you're talkin' about, is it?  Never mind...

Oct 24 08 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

Caity B

Bangor, Maine, US

Gallery By Hal wrote:

CJ Crave wrote:

Not to toot my own horn (Oooh, what I said...) but I've been known to creatively eat a pie or two in my day, too... 

*CHOKE!*  lol!!!!!

Hal!  You freakin' owe me a new keyboard, I just whoarked Perrier all over this one.

Oct 24 08 06:05 pm Link

Photographer

Gallery By Hal

CJ Crave wrote:

Windyphoto wrote:

Gallery By Hal wrote:

Caity B wrote:
*CHOKE!*  lol!!!!!

Hal!  You freakin' owe me a new keyboard, I just whoarked Perrier all over this one.

"whoarked?"  "Perrier?"

Caity! Speak American, dagnabbit! https://www.modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/llama.gif

Oct 24 08 06:18 pm Link

Photographer

Caity B

Bangor, Maine, US

CJ Crave wrote:
I'll draw the boobs and eat the pie, does that count

Windyphoto wrote:

Gallery By Hal wrote:

Caity B wrote:
*CHOKE!*  lol!!!!!

Gallery By Hal wrote:
"whoarked?"  "Perrier?"

Caity! Speak American, dagnabbit! https://www.modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/llama.gif

Whoarkin' is as American as American gits, butthead!

big_smile

And Perrier is bottled in Connecticut. So I'ma gonna have to go ahead 'n ask you to suck it.  wink

With all the love in the world, dearest Hal.  *cheeky*

Oct 24 08 06:32 pm Link

Photographer

Gallery By Hal

Caity B wrote:
*CHOKE!*  lol!!!!!

Gallery By Hal wrote:
"whoarked?"  "Perrier?"

Caity B wrote:

big_smile

And Perrier is bottled in Connecticut. So I'ma gonna have to go ahead 'n ask you to suck it.  wink

I spiks English, Ingles, 'merikan, redneck, hillbilly & know 2 or 3 words o' Canadian - I ain't never heard such language come out of a lady afore... 
https://www.modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/redx.gif

Whoarkin'...  I swear!  Just cuz dem furriners set up shop in Konectup don't mean them green bottles of funky water's 'merican - wassa mattah wit a good ole fashioned brewskie, huh?  Huh?  https://www.modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/borat.gif

And I love you too, Caity!  https://www.modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/tongue.png

Oct 24 08 06:46 pm Link

Photographer

Caity B

Bangor, Maine, US

Caity B wrote:
*CHOKE!*  lol!!!!!

Gallery By Hal wrote:
"whoarked?"  "Perrier?"

Caity B wrote:

big_smile

Gallery By Hal wrote:
I spiks English, Ingles, 'merikan, redneck, hillbilly & know 2 or 3 words o' Canadian - I ain't never heard such language come out of a lady afore... 
https://www.modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/redx.gif

Whoarkin'...  I swear!  Just cuz dem furriners set up shop in Konectup don't mean them green bottles of funky water's 'merican - wassa mattah wit a good ole fashioned brewskie, huh?  Huh?  https://www.modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/borat.gif

And I love you too, Caity!  https://www.modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/tongue.png

sad  cut me a break!  My sinuses are gonna asplode 'n my head is so congested that my TEETH hurt.

Perrier is bubbly.  Makes my throat feel good. big_smile

Oct 24 08 07:28 pm Link

Photographer

Notable Moments

Caity B wrote:
sad  cut me a break!  My sinuses are gonna asplode 'n my head is so congested that my TEETH hurt.

Perrier is bubbly.  Makes my throat feel good. big_smile

Hmm - had an old & wise foreman once tell me the best thing to do when a head cold comes on is to sit in the dark & drink Old Style by the case...

He's gone on to his reward now, so I don't think I'll suggest you follow his remedy... 

Then again, alcohol do have a way of disinfectin' things...

Feel better, girlfriend.  Time for me to log off & see about supper...

Oct 24 08 07:33 pm Link

Photographer

Caity B

Bangor, Maine, US

See you tomorrow, Hal! big_smile  I'm gonna get under the covers 'n cower from the thunder 'n lightning.  Eek!

'Gnite everyone! See ya tomorrow!

Oct 24 08 07:42 pm Link

Model

Deanna Deadly

Chicago, Illinois, US

Okay whos actually coming and isnt going to back out the day of? Ill be there! Hope most of the people that said they are coming show up big_smile See you all tomorrow big_smile

Oct 25 08 12:35 am Link

Model

Lilly Moon

Los Angeles, California, US

CRAP...Something came up and I can't make it...I thought itd be better to tell you here then to not show up. cuz thatd be shitty. This is going to be a monthly thing though right?!

Oct 25 08 01:03 am Link

Photographer

Caity B

Bangor, Maine, US

Stockin' up on the corny jokes just for you, Rach!

Oct 25 08 02:00 am Link

Photographer

oova photo

West Chicago, Illinois, US

It looks like I will be there!!!

Oct 25 08 10:20 am Link

Photographer

Caity B

Bangor, Maine, US

OOVA PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:

WOOHOOOO!

Oct 25 08 10:29 am Link

Photographer

Gallery By Hal

Deanna Deadly wrote:
Okay whos actually coming and isnt going to back out the day of? Ill be there! Hope most of the people that said they are coming show up big_smile See you all tomorrow big_smile

That's always "The Question" ain't it?  And part of the mystery & adventure, too...

I'll be there - I wanna discover the answer first hand... 

:heh, heh, heh:

Oct 25 08 10:37 am Link

Photographer

Gallery By Hal

Psycho Bitch wrote:
CRAP...Something came up and I can't make it...I thought itd be better to tell you here then to not show up. cuz thatd be shitty. This is going to be a monthly thing though right?!

Whoa - party foul! 

Sorry you won't be joining us.  I had some especially good lies I was gettin' ready just for you, too... 

Keep an eye out in the Events Forum - we're hoping to turn this into a monthly thing, and that's where it'll be announced...

Oct 25 08 10:40 am Link

Photographer

Gallery By Hal

OOVA PHOTOGRAPHY wrote:

Caity B wrote:
WOOHOOOO!

Glad you can make it, Oova.

Caity, you're such a sweet talker!  https://www.modelmayhem.com/images/smilies/wink.png

Oct 25 08 10:43 am Link

Photographer

Notable Moments

Did I hear somebody mention pie?

Oct 25 08 11:12 am Link

Photographer

M Hampton Photography

Oak Lawn, Illinois, US

Probably me +2 tonight, unless the shoot runs long

Oct 25 08 03:22 pm Link

Photographer

Notable Moments

The more the merrier, Mark.  Hope you can make it...

There's just time for me to get my sorry backside to the grocery & home before the Meet.  See y'all tonight...

Oct 25 08 05:25 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Skleney

Chicago, Illinois, US

I'm still coming, but Heliana won't be with me.  Her uncle got hit by a mail truck while on his bicycle, so she's at the hospital with him.

Oct 25 08 05:27 pm Link

Photographer

Caity B

Bangor, Maine, US

Headin' on outta here, See ya'll there! big_smile  I wanna meet every last one of ya'll, so no wallflowers, eh? big_smile

Oct 25 08 05:32 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Skleney

Chicago, Illinois, US

Ok, here's an offer.  Any model who hasn't yet committed to coming tonight, who is not on Rachel's list and shows up tonight; come up to me and give me a kiss on the cheek and I'll give you $20 and buy your dinner & drinks tonight.

Oct 25 08 05:35 pm Link

Model

Deanna Deadly

Chicago, Illinois, US

Im leaving now, see you all in a little bit smile

Oct 25 08 07:13 pm Link

Photographer

Caity B

Bangor, Maine, US

It was awesome seeing ya'll tonight! I had a great time! Thanks for the laughs and stories and trade secrets! big_smile

Thanks again for the ride to the train station, Hal! big_smile

Oct 26 08 12:48 am Link

Photographer

Gallery By Hal

Well I for one am extremely disappointed with last night's meet.  Not a single pie to be seen all night...  Dagnabbit!

Great seeing everybody though!  And Caity, you're very welcome.

Oct 26 08 11:17 am Link

Photographer

Caity B

Bangor, Maine, US

Thanks to the THREE models who showed up when they said they would, too! Very cool.

Oct 26 08 12:56 pm Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Rachel Jay wrote:
Models
Rachel Jay+
Aonica Brown
Deanna Deadly - No Show
Psycho Bitch - Canceled: Oct 25 12:03A CST
Heliana (non-MM) - Canceled: Uncle in Hospital
Bang Bang - Canceled: Oct 24 08 02:15P CST
Jing Zang

This is why I wasn't in a huge hurry to plan anything. 

I've vented and bitched out people who can't be bothered to honor their commitments before, and I'm done with it.  Those of you who canceled or just never showed up, don't be offended when next month no one takes you seriously when you say "I'm coming".

Edit: And of course, a huge thank you to those who showed up!  Particularly Jing and Ashley, who were the only other models there besides myself.  The three of us certainly were discussing booking work Saturday night!

And thank you to all the photographers (and fine artist) who came out!  It was wonderful seeing many of you again, and meeting some of you for the first time! smile

Oct 27 08 10:50 am Link

Model

Lilly Moon

Canceling is better than just blowing it off...sorry I had a family issue...Not my fault. But if no one wants to "take me seriously" because I care about my family more than modeling...thats fine with me.

Oct 27 08 02:54 pm Link

Model

Lilly Moon

Gallery By Hal wrote:

Whoa - party foul! 

Sorry you won't be joining us.  I had some especially good lies I was gettin' ready just for you, too... 

Keep an eye out in the Events Forum - we're hoping to turn this into a monthly thing, and that's where it'll be announced...

I Know...HUGE party foul....Oh well family comes first...Hopefully next months meeting I will be free!

Oct 27 08 02:57 pm Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!!

I just heard from the manager at Mr. Beef & Pizza.  We are officially on their "roster" for monthly meetings! 

Our timeslot is 7P on the last Saturday of every month. 

Same restrictions on the room apply: There's no charge for the room as long as we order at least $50 worth of food (technically everyone should order something, but I think enough of us ordered enough times to make up for others not ordering LOL).

They are planning on us being there Nov.29 @ 7P.  I will be out of town, but will still start the thread and whatnot, likely in a week.

Oct 27 08 03:09 pm Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Psycho Bitch wrote:
Canceling is better than just blowing it off...sorry I had a family issue...Not my fault. But if no one wants to "take me seriously" because I care about my family more than modeling...thats fine with me.

The problem is, there are some very jaded photographers here*... and to some of them, canceling last minute equates a flake, no matter what the reason for the cancellation may be. 

*Here on MM, not just in Chicago and the surrounding area.  Please note that I'm by no means speaking for anyone who was at the M&G.

Oct 27 08 03:14 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Skleney

Chicago, Illinois, US

A few snapshots from the M&G

http://www.harbouronline.com/rachel.html

Oct 27 08 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

Gallery By Hal

Rachel Jay wrote:
This is why I wasn't in a huge hurry to plan anything. 

I've vented and bitched out people who can't be bothered to honor their commitments before, and I'm done with it.  Those of you who canceled or just never showed up, don't be offended when next month no one takes you seriously when you say "I'm coming".

Psycho Bitch wrote:

You’re right – cancelling is better than simply blowing a commitment off.  That doesn’t, however, invalidate Rachel’s point.  Not cancelling a commitment is one thing.  Cancelling at the last minute is another.  And cancelling with a day or two’s notice is still a third issue.   

While these Meets are primarily social events, they are also very much work related.  The three models who appeared as promised received lots and lots of attention from the 12 Photographers (10 signed up & 2 "walk-ins") & 1 Fine Artist in attendance, all of whom have projects requiring models…

The models who cancelled – or just didn’t show?  Well, not so much… 

If you choose to take offense at the reality that those who honor their commitment make a better impression than those who don't, regardless of why, then so be it.

I mentioned earlier in the thread I had planned to speak with you at the Meet.  Perhaps next time around we’ll get it done…  Or not.  Time will tell...

Oct 27 08 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

Gallery By Hal

Psycho Bitch wrote:
I Know...HUGE party foul....Oh well family comes first...Hopefully next months meeting I will be free!

Looking forward to it...

Oct 27 08 03:45 pm Link

Photographer

Gallery By Hal

Rachel Jay wrote:
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!!

I just heard from the manager at Mr. Beef & Pizza.  We are officially on their "roster" for monthly meetings! 

Our timeslot is 7P on the last Saturday of every month. 

Same restrictions on the room apply: There's no charge for the room as long as we order at least $50 worth of food (technically everyone should order something, but I think enough of us ordered enough times to make up for others not ordering LOL).

They are planning on us being there Nov.29 @ 7P.  I will be out of town, but will still start the thread and whatnot, likely in a week.

Hot Damn!

Oct 27 08 03:51 pm Link

Model

Rachel Jay

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Gallery By Hal wrote:
Hot Damn!

Yes big_smile  Quite exciting!!

Oct 27 08 03:55 pm Link