Forums > Model Colloquy > Female Models Afraid To Pose Nude With Male Models

Model

L57

Posts: 10908

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Vasilisa 2 wrote:

It's not really a trust thing I don't think- he knows my reaction if a model made a move on me in that situation! Just the thought of it on an emotional/gut instinct rather than intellectual, he wouldn't kick up a fuss if I did decide to do them but I know he wouldn't be happy about it.

understandable, but unfortunate.

Jan 05 09 12:42 pm Link

Photographer

Gibson Photo Art

Posts: 7990

Phoenix, Arizona, US

DerekMedlin wrote:
Girls can be creepy too smile

Yes they can. Met a few here on MM.

Jan 05 09 02:29 pm Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

Posts: 14718

Los Angeles, California, US

Chick Habit wrote:
*There was supposed to be a "?" at the end but I ran out of room*

Maybe it's just the region I'm in, but I'm noticing a great "discomfort" when trying to get female models to pose nude with nude male models. Now before it gets ugly, no there's no "porn feel" or shady negotiations, I lay everything on the line (no penetration, no touching of private parts, safe secure environment, proper compensation) yet it's still met with great "apprehension."

But yet, take the male model out and add a nude female (that being two nude female models) and there's no apprehension or concern. Though my experience in shooting two nude females together have been that there's more flirting, touching, groping, kissing, etc... than any male model that's ever worked for me in such a situation has ever done. In fact I only had one guy do that and he was quickly kicked off the set after a warning.

What gives?

Don't fight it . . . men are ugly anyway!

Jan 06 09 02:27 am Link

Model

Laura BrokenDoll

Posts: 3553

Modena, Emilia-Romagna, Italy

-Titania- wrote:
My experience with the way many male 'models' behave on model mayhem would make me leery. "Nice Titties! I'd love to shove my face between them" isn't exactly what I'd call professional behavior.

ditto.
nothing good has come from mm male models in my experience of tags, comments and messages - except for few good guys always being respectful.



OP, yes I'd rather pose with a female model than with a male one.
I feel more confortable.
Plus, my boyfriend - who has always been supportive of my modeling - wouldn't be happy in that case. And due to the fact I'm not interested in couple shoots, why make him nervous and start a fight for a thing I don't care about?!

Jan 06 09 04:51 am Link

Makeup Artist

Victoria Howard

Posts: 421

London, England, United Kingdom

Some female models have boyfriend issues.

I have noticed female models are more likely to do a shoot with a male model once they have worked with at least one of the crew before, I believe that once they know someone be it MUA or TOG whom is present they know that they are working with a pro whom they feel comfortable they are more likely to push the boundaries.

Jan 06 09 05:46 am Link

Model

MYS Britt

Posts: 10720

San Diego, California, US

Chick Habit wrote:
trying to get female models to pose nude with nude male models.
What gives?

I'll do it
lol

I started with that in 80's and still like it
was always completely comfortable - never  'averse' as they say

It's actually so much easier with someone to pose around
than just on your own


and it's more fun too wink

FaceAndBodyPainting wrote:
Some female models have boyfriend issues.

*shudder*

I'd never have the kind of boyfriend that has ' boyfriend' issues!!!

Jan 06 09 10:36 pm Link

Model

Saffron G

Posts: 1224

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Id rather do nude shoot with a male model then a female model, as long as he's attractive... could be fun! wink Not really I wouldnt let it get THAT far Im taken but Id still do male/female over female/female, maybe they are more worried about what boyfriends would think, maybe some jelous boyfriends/husbands dont understand its proffesional and might have issue with their girls rolling around naked with a naked man?

XXOOXX

Jan 07 09 03:38 am Link

Photographer

Triskelion Views

Posts: 52

Geelong, Victoria, Australia

I have one photo shoot with partial and complete nudes of the opposite sex.  I found that the female was generally more sexually aggressive and comfortable with her body than the male was.  Like everything it all depends on the personal preferences of the people concerned.

Jan 07 09 03:49 am Link

Model

Courtney Nichole

Posts: 151

Reno, Nevada, US

I dont know what the apprehension is. I for one think if the compensation is right there is nothing wrong with it. Especially if there is no porn feel to it... Women are just weird sometimes lol!

Jan 07 09 03:51 am Link

Model

Just Danielle

Posts: 2334

Petersfield, England, United Kingdom

I rather pose nude with a female model rather than a male model but if the pay was good & it wasn't pornographic then I would pose with a male model.

Jan 07 09 03:55 am Link

Photographer

Lumigraphics

Posts: 32692

Detroit, Michigan, US

Big A-Larger Than Life wrote:

No such thing LOL.  A gentleman is a guy that ACTS like he's polite when in the presence of a girl because he knows that if he misbehaves he'll get hella slapped.  big_smile

neutral

You really do need to get out more.

Jan 07 09 04:57 am Link

Model

amanda logue

Posts: 1312

Albany, California, US

I could pose with a male model but it really is not what I am interested in....

Jan 07 09 05:00 am Link

Photographer

Virgin Islands Pictures

Posts: 64

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

Shandra Stark wrote:
Oh, and it wouldn't have to be a paid shoot for me to sign on.

I drove five hours for this:

http://www.thespencertunickexperience.o … laroid.jpg  (18+)

Naked people everywhere.  Lying all over me.

No big deal.

I know this is an ancient post/thread, but wanted to say that you should be very proud to be in a Spencer Tunick photo.  Congrats!

Oct 03 11 04:33 pm Link

Model

Chelsea Marlo

Posts: 140

Portland, Oregon, US

Chick Habit wrote:
But yet, take the male model out and add a nude female (that being two nude female models) and there's no apprehension or concern.

Not always true.

Oct 04 11 09:02 am Link

Model

Chelsea Marlo

Posts: 140

Portland, Oregon, US

Saffron G wrote:
Id rather do nude shoot with a male model then a female model, as long as he's attractive... could be fun! wink Not really I wouldnt let it get THAT far Im taken but Id still do male/female over female/female, maybe they are more worried about what boyfriends would think, maybe some jelous boyfriends/husbands dont understand its proffesional and might have issue with their girls rolling around naked with a naked man?

XXOOXX

+1

Oct 04 11 09:03 am Link

Photographer

Keys88 Photo

Posts: 17646

New York, New York, US

Shandra Stark wrote:
Oh, and it wouldn't have to be a paid shoot for me to sign on.

I drove five hours for this:

http://www.thespencertunickexperience.o … laroid.jpg  (18+)

Naked people everywhere.  Lying all over me.

No big deal.

Virgin Islands Pictures wrote:
I know this is an ancient post/thread, but wanted to say that you should be very proud to be in a Spencer Tunick photo.  Congrats!

Couldn't you just TAG Shandra or send her a PM to convey your admiration, rather than unnecessarily bumping a dead thread?

Oct 04 11 09:13 am Link

Photographer

BrokenWings Photography

Posts: 158

Killeen, Texas, US

I have to agree, it would depend on the professionalism of the male model and what type of photography it would be.  I am NOT a model by any means of the book, but if I was in that situation and could get references of the male model I wouldn't have an issue with it.  I would probably be more shy around another female to be honest.  I haven't tried to do nude couples yet so I haven't run into this issue (as a photographer).  Obviously there's some female models that's already posted that would be willing to do it.  So they are out there.  Just have to keep looking.

Oct 04 11 09:23 am Link

Model

3-Dimensional

Posts: 1081

Atlanta, Georgia, US

*is one of the good guys* ie: respectful with communication/tags.

(i kinda have to be cause the majority of my social circle is here on MM)

yeah, I don't pose nude period... my choice. - my wife (a model/photographer) does... but not in couple scenarios. - but if she did... as long as proper references were checked, it prolly wouldn't be an issue.

y'know whats funny... both my wife and I are photographers/models (I shoot mostly couples/group as a model) I've had female models back out of a couples shoot when they found out my wife was the photographer LOL.

Oct 04 11 09:27 am Link

Model

Andy Virus

Posts: 2230

Richmond, Virginia, US

I can see where female models on here would be cautious to pose with a male model.  A lot of male models on MM don't really care about modeling and just want to "hook up".  I've posed with quite a few models and it has been nothing, but a positive experience for everyone involved with the shoot.  I posed with a traveling female model last summer and we messaged back and forth on MM a month before we actually shot and became good friends.  We were both really comfortable when the shoot happened and had a lot of fun.  I posed with another female model back in March when I flew out to Texas and we had communicated for a year prior.  We did a very erotic shoot.  Yes we were nude and touching, kissing, etc.  It helped that we had spoke for a year and developed a friendship so we would be comfortable when we shot.  That shoot was a lot of fun.  I will say not all male models are just trying to hook up, but just be really careful and make sure to check references.  I make sure I have all of my references ready when someone hires me.  While I do stay professional, I love to joke around, especially during shoots just to have a good vibe in the air.  Hope this helps.  ^_^



EDIT:  Damn, I should have read the dates before I posted.  I need more sleep.  I'm noticing the bumping of really old threads recently.

Oct 05 11 04:33 pm Link

guide forum

Photographer

GPS Studio Services

Posts: 36347

San Francisco, California, US

Shandra Stark wrote:
Oh, and it wouldn't have to be a paid shoot for me to sign on.

I drove five hours for this:

http://www.thespencertunickexperience.o … laroid.jpg  (18+)

Naked people everywhere.  Lying all over me.

No big deal.

Virgin Islands Pictures wrote:
I know this is an ancient post/thread, but wanted to say that you should be very proud to be in a Spencer Tunick photo.  Congrats!

Stephen Markman wrote:
Couldn't you just TAG Shandra or send her a PM to convey your admiration, rather than unnecessarily bumping a dead thread?

You beat me to it!

Oct 05 11 04:39 pm Link

Model

V I C T O R I A

Posts: 13979

Los Angeles, California, US

-Titania- wrote:
My experience with the way many male 'models' behave on model mayhem would make me leery. "Nice Titties! I'd love to shove my face between them" isn't exactly what I'd call professional behavior.

Now, that being said, I have had a fabulous experience with a male model that the photographer that hired me vouched for.

The lesson?

Get yourself a good model that you can confidently vouch for and has good references.

EXACTLY!

I have and will continue to pose with male models for commercial jobs. But I won't pose nude with male models because of the kind of behavior I encounter on an almost daily basis from so called "male models" on MM. I'd just rather avoid that all together tongue

Oct 06 11 08:23 am Link

Model

Mickey Maurer

Posts: 942

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Chick Habit wrote:
*There was supposed to be a "?" at the end but I ran out of room*

Maybe it's just the region I'm in, but I'm noticing a great "discomfort" when trying to get female models to pose nude with nude male models. Now before it gets ugly, no there's no "porn feel" or shady negotiations, I lay everything on the line (no penetration, no touching of private parts, safe secure environment, proper compensation) yet it's still met with great "apprehension."

But yet, take the male model out and add a nude female (that being two nude female models) and there's no apprehension or concern. Though my experience in shooting two nude females together have been that there's more flirting, touching, groping, kissing, etc... than any male model that's ever worked for me in such a situation has ever done. In fact I only had one guy do that and he was quickly kicked off the set after a warning.

What gives?

Probably because most pictures you see with nude models of opposite sex lean more toward erotica than art.  I would be more apprehensive and would want to know exactly what we were trying to capture.

Oct 06 11 10:10 am Link

Model

V Laroche

Posts: 2746

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Just because I don't want to do something doesn't mean I'm "afraid."

Oct 06 11 10:45 pm Link

Model

Retiredmodel

Posts: 7884

Monmouth, Wales, United Kingdom

hear hear.
Afraid? It has nothing to do with fear. I just don't want someone I don't knows mucky paws and skin all over me male or female.

Good God some of us are British.

Oct 07 11 04:39 pm Link

Model

Mercy

Posts: 2079

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

It really depends on the model. I have no issue posing nude with a male model. In fact I will be doing that just in a few weeks. Now it's paid because I really have no interest in having a male in portfolio. But I'm comfortable with being nude even in a semi erotic (Not porn) type of shoot. I'd give pictures but I'm lazy. I feel like it's the same as posing with a female nude.

~Mercy

Oct 07 11 11:57 pm Link