Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > As God Is My Witness, I Thought Turkeys Could Fly

Photographer

digital Artform

Los Angeles, California, US

Nov 26 08 11:29 am Link

Model

CagedGypsy

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Best episode ever! But due to this when I did see a turkey fly for the first time I was confused and quite scared actually lol.

Nov 26 08 12:06 pm Link

Photographer

Caspers Creations

Kansas City, Missouri, US

CagedGypsy wrote:
Best episode ever! But due to this when I did see a turkey fly for the first time I was confused and quite scared actually lol.

LMAO

I was the same way.

Nov 26 08 12:45 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

WKRP?

Nov 26 08 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

Eye of Sicari

Toledo, Ohio, US

I loved this episode

Nov 26 08 12:56 pm Link

Photographer

digital Artform

https://www.cinciforums.com/uploads/wkrp.jpg

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

Nov 26 08 12:59 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

I remember that episode! lol

There are a lot of wild turkeys around here and they fly quite well, thank you.  It's their fat domestic relatives that fly like bricks. big_smile

Nov 26 08 01:06 pm Link

Photographer

steverphoto

Wilmington, Delaware, US

CagedGypsy wrote:

Caspers Creations wrote:
LMAO

I was the same way.

same here. I closed in for a good picture and woosh, it disappeared over the trees, leaving me to question all the science I had gleaned from '80s television.

Nov 26 08 01:51 pm Link

Photographer

steverphoto

Wilmington, Delaware, US

Jim Ball wrote:
I remember that episode! lol

There are a lot of wild turkeys around here and they fly quite well, thank you.  It's their fat domestic relatives that fly like bricks. big_smile

I just heard on the radio that they are so plumped by the farmers they can't even mate naturally anymore and all farm-raised turkeys are products of artificial insemination.  Talk about adding insult to injury.

Nov 26 08 01:53 pm Link

Model

CagedGypsy

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

There are wild turkey in the neighborhood I grew up in but I didn't see my first one till I moved southward a bit more into the hicks and walked the path to my apartment around the corner and was confronted by 10+ startled wild turkey flying off.

After that when I moved back into the city I saw wild turkey all the time. Especially on the one street. I almost drove into a hawk there once. It swooped right in front of my car.

I know someone that drove into a flying turkey or did the flying turkey fly into their car windshield?

Nov 26 08 01:59 pm Link

Photographer

Eye of Sicari

Toledo, Ohio, US

a turkey lured me into this trap

https://www.pbase.com/sicari/image/52750812/medium.jpg

Nov 26 08 02:11 pm Link

Photographer

digital Artform

Almost forgot!

Nov 22 12 05:38 pm Link

Photographer

Docta Shock Fotografix

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

digital Artform wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf3mgmEdfwg

big_smile

Thank you!!!

Nov 22 12 11:20 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Less than one week away!

Nov 22 13 09:31 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

I bet you guys were also misinformed about the sound that turkeys make!!!

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/UdoRPhotoArchive/Miscellaneous/TurkeyCows.jpg

Nov 22 13 09:46 am Link

Photographer

Mr Banner

Hayward, California, US

god is a liar

Nov 22 13 09:59 am Link

Photographer

Lohkee

Maricopa, Arizona, US

Damon Banner wrote:
god is a liar

Not only that, but turkeys can, in fact, fly.

Nov 22 13 11:48 am Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Amherst, Massachusetts, US

lol

Nov 22 13 11:55 am Link

Model

BeatnikDiva

Fayetteville, Arkansas, US

Nov 22 13 12:40 pm Link

Photographer

Justin

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

O
M
G

We were watching the show regularly, were laughing uproariously at that episode, and when he said, "The turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement!" we just about hit the soil-ourselves stage of hilarity. We were spasming.

I had such a TV crush on Bailey, too.

Nov 22 13 01:30 pm Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

Best Episode of WKRP hands down.

And yeah, domestic turkeys have not been able to fly since the 50's.  They also cannot breed naturally - All breeding hens must be inseminated with samples taken from breeding males  (I'll leave the details to the fertile imaginations of SF2)

My dad was on an insemination crew to help pay his way thru college - after a day of getting slapped / clawed / and shit on - - He and the rest of the crew was stopped by the cops.  They stunk - were bloodied - and were covered in green shit and feathers.

The Cop - "Gag - What in the hell were you boys doing?"

Them - "officer please give us a break - we've been Screwing Turkeys all damned day long  - -  we just want to go home"

The Cop - "Boys, head on home - I ain't hauling ANY of you into the station to tell that story"

Nov 22 13 05:50 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Vintagevista wrote:
Best Episode of WKRP hands down.

And yeah, domestic turkeys have not been able to fly since the 50's.  They also cannot breed naturally - All breeding hens must be inseminated with samples taken from breeding males  (I'll leave the details to the fertile imaginations of SF2)

My dad was on an insemination crew to help pay his way thru college - after a day of getting slapped / clawed / and shit on - - He and the rest of the crew was stopped by the cops.  They stunk - were bloodied - and were covered in green shit and feathers.

The Cop - "Gag - What in the hell were you boys doing?"

Them - "officer please give us a break - we've been Screwing Turkeys all damned day long  - -  we just want to go home"

The Cop - "Boys, head on home - I ain't hauling ANY of you into the station to tell that story"

lol

Nov 22 13 11:11 pm Link

Photographer

MMR Creative Services

Doylestown, Pennsylvania, US

Justin wrote:
O
M
G

We were watching the show regularly, were laughing uproariously at that episode, and when he said, "The turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement!" we just about hit the soil-ourselves stage of hilarity. We were spasming.

I had such a TV crush on Bailey, too.

When I moved into the countryside of Bucks County, PA I discovered there were wild turkeys here. My first encounter- I thought someone tossed a 30 gallon trash bag across the hood of my car. Nah- just a wild turkey landing~~~~

Nov 24 13 09:47 am Link

Photographer

fsp

New York, New York, US

hahahahaha WKRP was a great program.
Bailey (Jan Smithers) was my heart throb too!

Turkeys do fly.. but usually only short distances.

Nov 24 13 09:28 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

OMG THEY ARE HITTING THE GROUND LIKE BAGS OF WET CEMENT!

Nov 27 14 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I love the thinly veiled Hindenburg references. Ahh, classic radio broadcasting.  It was a great show.

Nov 29 14 04:35 am Link