Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Photoshop Artists...

Digital Artist

Koray

Ankara, Ankara, Turkey

http://www.artistsofphotoshop.com/

Check the website out if you are into PS. A pool of wizards smile

thought I should share.

Apr 07 09 06:30 pm Link

Retoucher

Solstice Retouch

New York, New York, US

Woa, magnificent!

Apr 07 09 07:03 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

I have long thought that using the word Wizard to describe the Photoshop abominations typically displayed here on MM, is the height of ignorance and stupidity. However slight, the word lends credence to what would normally be considered trash. That credence causes misguided neophytes to suggest they can make a living by preying on the other unsuspecting neophytes that populate MM. Very few are willing to go beyond the latest Katrin Eiseman book, to seek the knowledge necessary to become a quality retoucher. Read the book, join the ranks of the Wizards... stupid.

It comes as no surprise to me that quite possibly the single best link to Photoshop work that I have ever seen, got one visitor. In a lot of ways, many of you deserve one another.

Apr 08 09 08:12 am Link

Photographer

JSVPhotography

Madison, Wisconsin, US

Wow. A great site. Makes one want to step things up a little. Some of the baby images get a little creepy looking.

Apr 08 09 08:21 am Link

Photographer

epo

Columbus, Ohio, US

lol

Apr 08 09 08:22 am Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Some interesting work. I just stumbled upon these guys a couple days ago (hope I'm not hijacking).

http://www.platinumfmd.com.br/

Apr 08 09 08:26 am Link

Retoucher

Embryo Concept Designs

Pueblo, Colorado, US

Thank you for the link. Very inspiring and entertaining.

Just for the record, I agree with the idea that "Wizard" is not the most appropriate word for a lot of the work bouncing around MM, but there are a few who are truly extraordinary on here, and make the word worth it. wink

Apr 08 09 09:05 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Embryo Concept Designs wrote:
Thank you for the link. Very inspiring and entertaining.

Just for the record, I agree with the idea that "Wizard" is not the most appropriate word for a lot of the work bouncing around MM, but there are a few who are truly extraordinary on here, and make the word worth it. wink

You would need to view something other that an 800 pixel image to be able to make that statement and have it carry any weight. When I can look at a 30X40 poster of digital art, and not see any tell tale signs of digital artifact or artist slop, the color pallet holds and the subject matter is thoughtful, then I will make a statement like yours. When, at 800 pixels, you can see blend lines, color stains, unbelievable transitions, color pallets from hell, and subject matter that most people got over in high school, all I can do is grind my teeth and pray I survive this place.

Apr 08 09 09:40 am Link

Photographer

StephenEastwood

Great Neck, New York, US

Robert Randall wrote:
I have long thought that using the word Wizard to describe the Photoshop abominations typically displayed here on MM, is the height of ignorance and stupidity. However slight, the word lends credence to what would normally be considered trash. That credence causes misguided neophytes to suggest they can make a living by preying on the other unsuspecting neophytes that populate MM. Very few are willing to go beyond the latest Katrin Eiseman book, to seek the knowledge necessary to become a quality retoucher. Read the book, join the ranks of the Wizards... stupid.

It comes as no surprise to me that quite possibly the single best link to Photoshop work that I have ever seen, got one visitor. In a lot of ways, many of you deserve one another.

I petition a name change to Photoshop Sorcerer!  Merlin of the post!

big_smile

Robert Randall wrote:

Oh, and I have had more than one visitor to my work, just my counter is broke I think wink

Stephen Eastwood  (Your Ego Inflated Photo Professional!) 
http://www.PhotographersPortfolio.com

Apr 08 09 10:12 am Link

Photographer

JT Dorsey

Nashville, Arkansas, US

Robert Randall wrote:

Bob, which site, the one linked above by the op?

Apr 08 09 10:18 am Link

Photographer

Diable

Fairfax, Virginia, US

Robert Randall wrote:

You would need to view something other that an 800 pixel image to be able to make that statement and have it carry any weight. When I can look at a 30X40 poster of digital art, and not see any tell tale signs of digital artifact or artist slop, the color pallet holds and the subject matter is thoughtful, then I will make a statement like yours. When, at 800 pixels, you can see blend lines, color stains, unbelievable transitions, color pallets from hell, and subject matter that most people got over in high school, all I can do is grind my teeth and pray I survive this place.

Aww common we're not all that bad..

OP.. Thank for the link, amazing work!

Apr 08 09 10:18 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

StephenEastwood wrote:

I petition a name change to Photoshop Sorcerer!  Merlin of the post!

big_smile

Stephen Eastwood

I have a better name if you would care to take it to the brain trust that runs this place. Beware, its a long name, but its accurate, and the fools that fall victim to paying these new wizards will only have them selves to blame.

"I bought this neat program yesterday, and have finally figured out how to load it, and I would like some money because I'm on MM and deserve it. I won't work any harder than it takes to turn on my favorite soap operas to learn the program, but if you give me a picture with tits in it, we'll all be happy. Don't worry about any nasty repercussion about how crappy our images look, we can roll out the art card and hide behind that."

Don't you think that just rolls off the tongue!

Apr 08 09 10:21 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

JT Dorsey wrote:

Bob, which site, the one linked above by the op?

This one...

Apr 08 09 10:22 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Diable wrote:

Aww common we're not all that bad..

OP.. Thank for the link, amazing work!

That slightly hysterical Freudian slip kind of says it all.

Apr 08 09 10:23 am Link

Photographer

GEHCreative

Hillsboro, Oregon, US

Robert Randall wrote:
This one...

Very cool!  Thank you!

The dragonfly runner by Moreno Monti is my favorite!

Apr 08 09 10:28 am Link

Photographer

MisterC

Portland, Oregon, US

Robert Randall wrote:

That slightly hysterical Freudian slip kind of says it all.

Yes, that is pretty funny.

That sight has a great layout, with the source material available for viewing.

I don't think I saw any selective color. ; )

Apr 08 09 10:28 am Link

Photographer

StephenEastwood

Great Neck, New York, US

Robert Randall wrote:
I have a better name if you would care to take it to the brain trust that runs this place. Beware, its a long name, but its accurate, and the fools that fall victim to paying these new wizards will only have them selves to blame.

"I bought this neat program yesterday, and have finally figured out how to load it, and I would like some money because I'm on MM and deserve it. I won't work any harder than it takes to turn on my favorite soap operas to learn the program, but if you give me a picture with tits in it, we'll all be happy. Don't worry about any nasty repercussion about how crappy our images look, we can roll out the art card and hide behind that."

Don't you think that just rolls off the tongue!

what if we call them

IBTNPYAHFFOHTLIAIWLSMBIOMMADIIWWAHTITTTOMFSOTLTPBIYGMAPWTIIWABHDWAANRAHCOILWCRPTACAHBT.

for short?

Stephen Eastwood

Apr 08 09 10:29 am Link

Photographer

Year of the Dragon

San Francisco, California, US

lol, also what is really sad is seeing bad photoshop on real commercial work with major clients, it makes me cringe.  I just saw this ad for a major olive oil company, the olives were so badly masked out you have to wonder if nepotism was involved.

Apr 08 09 10:32 am Link

Photographer

Hipgnosis Dreams

Dallas, Texas, US

StephenEastwood wrote:

what if we call them

IBTNPYAHFFOHTLIAIWLSMBIOMMADIIWWAHTITTTOMFSOTLTPBIYGMAPWTIIWABHDWAANRAHCOILWCRPTACAHBT.

for short?

Stephen Eastwood

I really need to check these forums earlier in the days at times.  I really needed this smile.

Apr 08 09 10:32 am Link

Retoucher

Star the retoucher

Los Angeles, California, US

Robert Randall wrote:

What book? There's a book? Wow, if only I had read that book i could be a real photoshop wizard!

When i have questions or need a refresh I go two places,

here
http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html

and here
(I call Rick Miller)
Rick Miller
Senior Systems Engineer
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Ventura, California

Rick Miller is a Senior Solutions Engineer for Education at Adobe Systems where he helps Adobe’s education customers find the solutions they need to enhance the pedagogical experiences of their students. Before working at Adobe Systems, Rick taught Photoshop/Digital Imaging at the prestigious Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA, and Digital Design at Cal Poly Pomona University, so he's cognizant of the unique challenges that face educators. Rick is an Adobe Certified Expert in Photoshop, Lightroom, and Acrobat Connect. Additionally, Rick is an expert in color management. Moreover, Rick is a professional photographer who is certified on the Leaf and Phase One digital backs. Rick continues to consult with Law Enforcement agencies in the Forensic application of Photoshop.

Apr 08 09 10:33 am Link

Photographer

biwa

Pinole, California, US

Robert Randall wrote:

STFU I didnt ask for a critque  ( insert angry mad icon here )

Photographer

BYS

Paris, Île-de-France, France

lol at bob and good to see you are back
to the op
thanks for a very valuable post that gave me a good moment on internet
tb

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Parkus wrote:
lol, also what is really sad is seeing bad photoshop on real commercial work with major clients, it makes me cringe.  I just saw this ad for a major olive oil company, the olives were so badly masked out you have to wonder if nepotism was involved.

Major olive oil company?

That was a good one!

https://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e372/mrpoodledoo/36_12_6.gif

Apr 08 09 10:34 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Star the retoucher wrote:

What book? There's a book? Wow, if only I had read that book i could be a real photoshop wizard!

here

and here
(I call Rick Miller)
Rick Miller
Senior Systems Engineer
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Ventura, California

Rick Miller is a Senior Solutions Engineer for Education at Adobe Systems where he helps Adobe’s education customers find the solutions they need to enhance the pedagogical experiences of their students. Before working at Adobe Systems, Rick taught Photoshop/Digital Imaging at the prestigious Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA, and Digital Design at Cal Poly Pomona University, so he's cognizant of the unique challenges that face educators. Rick is an Adobe Certified Expert in Photoshop, Lightroom, and Acrobat Connect. Additionally, Rick is an expert in color management. Moreover, Rick is a professional photographer who is certified on the Leaf and Phase One digital backs. Rick continues to consult with Law Enforcement agencies in the Forensic application of Photoshop.

Looks like Star came in looking for bear!

Apr 08 09 10:36 am Link

Photographer

biwa

Pinole, California, US

here

and here
(I call Rick Miller)
Rick Miller
Senior Systems Engineer
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Ventura, California

Rick Miller is a Senior Solutions Engineer for Education at Adobe Systems where he helps Adobe’s education customers find the solutions they need to enhance the pedagogical experiences of their students. Before working at Adobe Systems, Rick taught Photoshop/Digital Imaging at the prestigious Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, CA, and Digital Design at Cal Poly Pomona University, so he's cognizant of the unique challenges that face educators. Rick is an Adobe Certified Expert in Photoshop, Lightroom, and Acrobat Connect. Additionally, Rick is an expert in color management. Moreover, Rick is a professional photographer who is certified on the Leaf and Phase One digital backs. Rick continues to consult with Law Enforcement agencies in the Forensic application of Photoshop. Rick will however drop everything to answer mundane PS questions and chat over the phone at any time.

There I fixed Ricks bio for ya .

Apr 08 09 10:36 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

StephenEastwood wrote:

what if we call them

for short?

Stephen Eastwood

We could shorten it to DOPE, but in all of those letters, there's not one solitary E.

Apr 08 09 10:38 am Link

Retoucher

Star the retoucher

biwa wrote:
Rick will however drop everything to answer mundane PS questions and chat over the phone at any time.
There I fixed Ricks bio for ya .

ummm...yeah. That is what it means being friends. Sometimes I have to wait a day or two, but that is fine since he can help me with technical questions, or sometimes we just hang out.

The point is that everyone uses their own resources. Some people learn from books, others from podcasts, others from people. Not every retoucher on MM is a crappy retoucher.

Just like every photographer on MM isn't a GWC.

Apr 08 09 10:39 am Link

Photographer

Year of the Dragon

San Francisco, California, US

Robert Randall wrote:
Major olive oil company?

That was a good one!

https://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e372/mrpoodledoo/36_12_6.gif

real cute emicon, thanks for taking the time to use it.   There is a lot of money in olive oil.  This was on a billboard in Roseville CA.  I think the company was Pompeian, but there is over 500 olive oil companies, http://www.mindbranch.com/listing/produ … 2544.html,  so what was the "good one"? You don't think there is an olive oil company who can afford you? lol

Apr 08 09 10:44 am Link

Photographer

biwa

Pinole, California, US

ummm...yeah. That is what it means being friends. Sometimes I have to wait a day or two, but that is fine since he can help me with technical questions, or sometimes we just hang out.

The point is that everyone uses their own resources. Some people learn from books, others from podcasts, others from people. Not every retoucher on MM is a crappy retoucher.

Just like every photographer on MM isn't a GWC.

Speaking of PS wizardry check this stuff out !
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q … a=N&tab=wi

Apr 08 09 10:47 am Link

Retoucher

Star the retoucher

Robert Randall wrote:

Looks like Star came in looking for bear!

Sometimes my quirky joyful attitude is lost on people. I am quirky god damn it!

Apr 08 09 10:47 am Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

biwa wrote:

Speaking of PS wizardry check this stuff out !
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q … a=N&tab=wi

Your work?

Apr 08 09 10:49 am Link

Photographer

biwa

Pinole, California, US

MMDesign wrote:

Your work?

Me thinks you miss the subtle message.

Apr 08 09 10:53 am Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

biwa wrote:

Me thinks you miss the subtle message.

Perhaps I should have inserted the obligatory smiley face?

Apr 08 09 10:54 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Parkus wrote:

real cute emicon, thanks for taking the time to use it.   There is a lot of money in olive oil.  This was on a billboard in Roseville CA.  I think the company was Pompeian, but there is over 500 olive oil companies, http://www.mindbranch.com/listing/produ … 2544.html,  so what was the "good one"? You don't think there is an olive oil company who can afford you? lol

Just for fun, think of the line "Major Olive Oil Company" in a SNL skit, because thats the first thing that popped into my head when I read it. It still sounds funny, I can just see the ad execs going over their pitch.

Apr 08 09 10:55 am Link

Photographer

Robert Randall

Chicago, Illinois, US

Sometimes my quirky joyful attitude is lost on people. I am quirky god damn it!

Quirky is good!

Apr 08 09 10:55 am Link

Photographer

biwa

Pinole, California, US

MMDesign wrote:

Perhaps I should have inserted the obligatory smiley face?

big_smile

Apr 08 09 10:56 am Link

Photographer

MisterC

Portland, Oregon, US

Parkus wrote:
lol, also what is really sad is seeing bad photoshop on real commercial work with major clients, it makes me cringe.

Bad art that makes money anywhere is hard to swallow.
Especially when there is good art going unnoticed.

Apr 08 09 11:00 am Link

Digital Artist

Koray

Ankara, Ankara, Turkey

MMDesign wrote:
Some interesting work. I just stumbled upon these guys a couple days ago (hope I'm not hijacking).

http://www.platinumfmd.com.br/

some really cool stuff there too.

Apr 08 09 03:59 pm Link

Photographer

WIP

Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom

A much as I enjoy looking at all the effects I think I'd still prefer an A. Adams print on the wall.

This guys work on the wall would probably give me nightmares.

http://www.antonycrossfield.com/

Apr 08 09 05:07 pm Link

Photographer

Gibson Photo Art

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Good stuff. I wish I had a 1/1,000,000 of the ability those people posses.

Apr 08 09 05:48 pm Link