Forums > General Industry > New theLIST & Top Drawer help Newbie Models

Photographer

TimothyBurkePhotography

Bakersfield, California, US

Hello to The List Photographers. I have been on here for a bit and have taken on my share of "newbies," and I must say I do enjoy working with someone still looking to break out. I wish to be considered to be included in The List. I am in Bakersfield, California. I'm not sure if there are other Photogs in this group from here, but I would seriously feel honored to be a part of The List.

Thank you for considering me.

Tim Burke

May 03 10 11:30 pm Link

Photographer

Coarse Art

Lexington, Ohio, US

https://www.blackflute.com/images/mm/nmow-medium.jpg

https://www.blackflute.com/images/nmow/jamie100504.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS to our winner this week Jamie Lee Chapman # 1449398 our 106th
Newbie Model of the WEEK
May 4, 2010 ~!!!

Model-Jamie Lee Chapman
Photographer-Gonzo Photos

PRESENTED By

https://www.blackflute.com/images/mm/thelist-small.jpg
The LIST ~ a list of veteran photographers dedicated to helping "new" models build their portfolios.

May 04 10 05:55 am Link

Photographer

Keith A Williams

Vanceboro, North Carolina, US

I think those sound reasonable.  Well, with that in mind- feel free to have a look at some of my samples and let me know if you think that I may be of assistance.

KAW.

May 07 10 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

sokthing generic

Portland, Oregon, US

Please consider me for "The List."

May 08 10 04:49 am Link

Photographer

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

Hello Gang ! Robert Tavernier from Colorado Springs, Co. Most of what I do now is what you call the duties of those on the list. With that said I would very much like to be considered to be placed on this List. I look forward to the words that will come for the people looking for those to place on the List. My best, Robert !

May 08 10 07:29 am Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

I still have open time for scheduling some shoots for "new" models here in the Mesa, AZ area...

May 08 10 12:05 pm Link

Photographer

Coarse Art

Lexington, Ohio, US

https://www.blackflute.com/images/nmow/tammy100511.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS to our winner this week Tammy Chung MM# 1577245 our 107th
Newbie Model of the WEEK
May 11, 2010 ~!!!

Model-Tammyyc
Photographer-Chubs Photography

PRESENTED By

The LIST ~ a list of veteran photographers dedicated to helping "new" models build their portfolios.

May 10 10 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

rich cirminello

Dallas, Texas, US

I've been a Second List member for just about a year now and have worked not only with many newbie models, but also with some newbie photographers.

I've even arranged for a few newbies from both sides of the lens to get together and shoot using my space and/or equipment while I offer guidance and assistance (then mostly get out of their way, unless they need something of course).

I would like to be considered for an upgrade from "the second list" to "the list" so please consider this a message of intent.

rich
San Jose, CA
201-320-7720

May 11 10 09:11 pm Link

Photographer

Coarse Art

Lexington, Ohio, US

https://www.blackflute.com/images/nmow/nicole100518.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS to our winner this week Nicole Krasic MM# 1547581 our 108th
Newbie Model of the WEEK
May 18, 2010 ~!!!

Model-Nicole Krasic
Photographer-Brian Yungblut

PRESENTED By

May 17 10 08:01 pm Link

Photographer

Coarse Art

Lexington, Ohio, US

I'll be back soon with results of this week's inductions ...

May 17 10 08:02 pm Link

Model

Mel.murphy

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Hi, I am new to modeling and would love to be included in your elite group.
Thanks

May 18 10 07:38 am Link

Photographer

David Hirsh

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I am interested in representing my area as a member of The List. I've been a working photographer for over ten years and enjoy working with new models, so it would be a natural experience for me, and a great way to contribute more directly to Model Mayhem.

Regards,

David Hirsh

May 18 10 12:20 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Blanchette

Irvine, California, US

Is it just my part of the world? I have "The List" logo on my profile in case a model stops by. As well, I contact Newbie Models weekly and get ZERO replies. When I do a follow up a couple of days later I'll either continue to get nothing or get a reply something to the affect that they joined but can't get started for a month or two because of life obligations.

Is the an approach towards contacting new models that I'm not aware of? big_smile

Gary

May 18 10 05:37 pm Link

Photographer

Benjamin Lambert

Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, US

i'm happy to be a member of the list, that said, could you update me from anchorage alaska to lake geneva wisconsin? i have moved. thanks.

ben

May 19 10 10:59 am Link

Photographer

fotopfw

Kerkrade, Limburg, Netherlands

Gary Blanchette wrote:
Is it just my part of the world? I have "The List" logo on my profile in case a model stops by. As well, I contact Newbie Models weekly and get ZERO replies. When I do a follow up a couple of days later I'll either continue to get nothing or get a reply something to the affect that they joined but can't get started for a month or two because of life obligations.

Is the an approach towards contacting new models that I'm not aware of? big_smile

Gary

Hi Gary,
Experienced the same over here sometimes, some respond after 6-9 months though.... If I do get an answer, and the model wants to push the shoot date forward, I agree mostly and plan far ahead. There seems to be a fair number of newbies who are not ready to do the job socially. So many other temptations and priorities. Furthermore, a newbie is often not aware what "the LIST" stands for, doesn't know there is a NotW-competition that can generate exposure.
It does help to explain a bit in your shoot-invitation, but I'm sure you do just that.
Try placing a casting call, I did and got better results, the respondents here do want to shoot.
Well, I sure do hope your efforts are rewarded...
Paul

May 19 10 11:10 pm Link

Photographer

Coarse Art

Lexington, Ohio, US

Benjamin Lambert wrote:
i'm happy to be a member of the list, that said, could you update me from anchorage alaska to lake geneva wisconsin? i have moved. thanks.

ben

Moved you, Ben!

May 20 10 02:02 pm Link

Photographer

Coarse Art

Lexington, Ohio, US

Gary Blanchette wrote:

Gary

Hi Gary,

Sorry about being so slow to respond. To attempt to address your question:

First and foremost you should bear in mind that this is still a free site. That means that there will be many who join simply because they can. These profiles sadly go fallow very quickly.

OTOH - When I compiled the contestants in the NEWbie Model of the Week Contest this past December I was gratified that well over 80% of the models who had become involved with our programs were still active.

What this means is that if we (you, I and all of theLIST members) are proactive we can make a difference.

These programs are not designed as much to bring models to you as they are designed to help new models. That means that we need to do some work in finding newbies, informing them of the programs and getting them involved.

So keep an eye out for promising new models in your area. Send them a message explaining the programs and their benefits for models ... and help us strengthen the model pool here on Model Mayhem.

You can point to success stories - NMoW nominees who have gone on to build amazing portfolios and solid careers. With that said, I should build a "Winner's Gallery" so that we can point prospects there. I will try to do that soon but in the meantime there are several on my profile and you can run through the contest threads for references.

Go get 'em - then make sure that you bring them to the NEWbie Model of the Week Conteat!

As always, thanks for your involvement!
  -Tom

May 20 10 02:12 pm Link

Photographer

Coarse Art

Lexington, Ohio, US

A message from
https://www.blackflute.com/images/mm/thelisttd-small.jpg

Apologies for being semi-AWOL lately. I've been held hostage by a revolving band of awesome models, all of whom were NEWbie Models at one time ... so in a sense I have been on the job LOL.

New applicants, you will be hearing from me within the next few days, thank you for your interest and patience!

-Tom

May 20 10 02:15 pm Link

Photographer

Coarse Art

Lexington, Ohio, US

A message from

We have three new theLIST members this week, please make welcome our new inductees into theLIST:

Kalsopix Austin, Texas
DK - Photography Carpentersville, Illinois
Alatus Photography Chicago, Illinois

We have also added three models to the Please Just Shoot Me List:

Alexa Faie Southampton, Hampshire
BrittneyWhite Esparto, California
Mel.murphy Calgary, Alberta

I've cleaned up theLIST OP and it should be current and accurate.

As always, many thanks to all for your contributions and participation!
  -Tom

May 20 10 02:16 pm Link

Model

Tiana Davis

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

newbie,smile looking for work and to expand portfolio

May 20 10 09:38 pm Link

Photographer

closed out

Drayton, Ontario, Canada

hi
i would like to participate

dave

May 23 10 07:10 am Link

Photographer

Night Beat

San Francisco, California, US

Hi, Tom...

Could you change my name from "Conpix" (San Francisco, Calfornia) to "Night Beat"?

I'm separating my cosplay and non-cosplay work at this time. 

Also, I revisited this thread because I'm referring a newbie male to Please Just Shoot Me where you mention something like "beautiful models" in the intro.  Just thought you might want to revisit that.

Thanks,

Mike

May 23 10 04:01 pm Link

Photographer

Minx & Fox

Palm Springs, California, US

Interested.

May 23 10 06:23 pm Link

Photographer

Joe Moore Photo

Seattle, Washington, US

Hey! I'd like to be considered for the List

May 24 10 08:06 am Link

Photographer

Coarse Art

Lexington, Ohio, US

https://www.blackflute.com/images/nmow/kyla100525.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS to our winner this week Kyla De Leon MM# 1637924 our 109th
Newbie Model of the WEEK
May 25, 2010 ~!!!

Model-Kyla De Leon
Photographer-Zuma Light

PRESENTED By

May 25 10 05:59 am Link

Photographer

Coarse Art

Lexington, Ohio, US

A message from
Keith, Photoxy, Robert, Rich, David, Dave and Iris please check your PM's

Many thanks to everyone for your interest and participation!

-Tom

May 25 10 06:19 am Link

Photographer

CaseyPhotog

Sacramento, California, US

I'm interested in being on The List. Thanks!

May 25 10 06:49 am Link

Photographer

Ronnie Weber

Palm Harbor, Florida, US

Northern Light Photo wrote:
I would like to be considered for the LIST...I now have the time to dedicate to this. If I can help,I'd be honored.

Best Regards,
Ron

This is a reminder that I would be interested in participating in this program. My main focus for the last year has been to work with Newbie models with their portfolio development. Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,
Ron

May 25 10 06:49 am Link

Photographer

4 U Photography

Gilbert, Arizona, US

I have seen the "List" throughout the pages of Mayhem and I am always impressed with the quality, skill and the creativity of the images.  I sincerely would like to ask to join into the membership of the List.   (I hope I am in the right place to do just that).

May 25 10 04:25 pm Link

Photographer

Dannielle Levan

New Westminster, British Columbia, Canada

I wish to be considered for 'The List' seeing as there are only 2 reps for BC and many, many more models!

May 26 10 01:14 am Link

Photographer

Orca Bay Images

Arcata, California, US

I'm interested in being added to the list. I'm in the Lodi/Stockton area of central California, but I commonly work in the Sacramento area, too.

I've collaborated with and referred models to other photographers in the area, including one existing member (J Sharp) and one candidate (KC Images).

May 27 10 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

Forty Photography

Chicago, Illinois, US

I am humbly requesting consideration for the list. I am in Chicago.

Thanks.

May 27 10 07:50 pm Link

Photographer

Cody, Wyoming, US

It would be a great honor to be part of the list.  I have for years enjoyed working with new models and seeing the growth they take after only a few shoots. To me this growth is what makes this business what it is.

jason

May 28 10 07:55 am Link

Photographer

NipponKogakuEye

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

hi,

please consider me for inclusion in THE LIST.

cheers,

duncan

May 29 10 10:54 pm Link

Photographer

D a v i d s o n

Gig Harbor, Washington, US

I like do this already, So sure i would Like to help out the North West Area of course...

May 29 10 11:01 pm Link

Model

x Sandra x

Groton, Connecticut, US

I'm new to MM! Would you consider adding me to your list of Newbie Models? I would love to participate! I'm from CT, but willing to travel to the surrounding areas. Thanks!

May 30 10 08:04 am Link

Photographer

J T A Y L O R

New York, New York, US

I'm most definitely interested in consideration for theList. I work primarily with new models, both from mayhem and other networking sites, and I have no problem with providing them with quality images and a positive photographic experience.

Jun 03 10 09:20 pm Link

Photographer

AnT Photography09

Youngstown, Ohio, US

I would like to be considered for "the List."  I'm new to photography and already working with some new models as well.

Looking forward to your response,

Thank You,

Tim
www.antphotography.net

Jun 04 10 08:27 pm Link

Photographer

Cliff Roles

Sarasota, Florida, US

I would like to become a member of LISTED photographers ready to help newbie models on a regular basis.
Please include me and send me the application instructions.
Thank you,
Best regards,
Cliff Roles

Jun 06 10 11:35 am Link

Photographer

UrbanKandy

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Hello,

I would like to be considered for addition to The List as a Photographer.

Jun 07 10 11:39 am Link