Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > SF2: Ess Effin Two > Jason Eskimo Fassnacht

Model

Stella Dean

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Is just one of the most amazing souls I've ever known.

His work is outstanding and the beauty that channels through him warms my soul.

So yeah, if you love Jason too, telllll me.

Oct 17 09 05:19 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Raelyn recently told me I should get in contact with him and I did. He sent me this long novella of a message and i've talked to him twice on the phone...

Oct 17 09 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

Peter Claver

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Stella Dean wrote:

I don't know Jason personally.. but I know his cousin and his wife and they are incredibly amazing awesome people.

So there.

big_smile

PS. Jason's photography is ridiculous in its awesomeness.

Oct 17 09 05:21 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

Stella Dean wrote:

Jason is cool, he work is cool , his cat is cool, his post processing is cool.

Yup, Jason is cool.

Oct 17 09 05:25 pm Link

Model

Stella Dean

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Model Sarah wrote:
Raelyn recently told me I should get in contact with him and I did. He sent me this long novella of a message and i've talked to him twice on the phone...

I was so touched I even wrote a blog about him; http://nudemodelsarah.blogspot.com/2009 … lshit.html

Tits!

He's like, one of the most involved artists I've ever met. He truly pours every ounce of himself into his work. And when you work with him he makes you tap in so deeply. You have to do a heartfelt toast before you can ever get started. And there's usually lots of cookies and Sake to make you feel all warm and fuzzy.

I would LOVE to see you work with him. I'm sure it would be beyond amazing.

Oct 17 09 05:26 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Stella Dean wrote:

Tits!

He's like, one of the most involved artists I've ever met. He truly pours every ounce of himself into his work. And when you work with him he makes you tap in so deeply. You have to do a heartfelt toast before you can ever get started. And there's usually lots of cookies and Sake to make you feel all warm and fuzzy.

I would LOVE to see you work with him. I'm sure it would be beyond amazing.

We're working on it!

Honestly, people like him give me hope in humanity in this fucked up world... and I cant stress that enough.

Oct 17 09 05:28 pm Link

Model

Stella Dean

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Model Sarah wrote:

We're working on it!

Honestly, people like him give me hope in humanity in this fucked up world... and I cant stress that enough.

That makes me so happy to hear. He and I have similar hearts I think. From the first time I had a phone call with him he also made me believe that people do exist who want nothing from others. And I also realized how talented we all could be if we stopped letting ourselves make excuses.

Oct 17 09 05:36 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Stella Dean wrote:

That makes me so happy to hear. He and I have similar hearts I think. From the first time I had a phone call with him he also made me believe that people do exist who want nothing from others. And I also realized how talented we all could be if we stopped letting ourselves make excuses.

Fucking exactly.

Sometimes the human ego is just one of the worst traits in us and really hinders our growth in many ways. One of the many reasons I respect Buddhism as a religion. (this is coming from an atheist) They are the only ones to drop the ego.

I've got a friend, for many reasons, creates her own physical pain (psychosomatic) and considering what Jason has gone through, she and many others could learn so much from him.

Oct 17 09 05:43 pm Link

Model

Stella Dean

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Model Sarah wrote:

Fucking exactly.

Sometimes the human ego is just one of the worst traits in us and really hinders our growth in many ways. One of the many reasons I respect Buddhism as a religion. (this is coming from an atheist) They are the only ones to drop the ego.

I've got a friend, for many reasons, creates her own physical pain (psychosomatic) and considering what Jason has gone through, she and many others could learn so much from him.

Yeah, the humbleness is one of the reasons I have studied buddhism and hinduism. Both are religions that you can be while you are something else and both just want you to be a better person no matter the path you take.

That's big. They don't care if you believe what they believe, just find enlightenment.

Did you guys talk about telling someone how old you actually are? And that you start your oldest as a child and count down your years?

Oct 17 09 06:13 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Stella Dean wrote:

Yeah, the humbleness is one of the reasons I have studied buddhism and hinduism. Both are religions that you can be while you are something else and both just want you to be a better person no matter the path you take.

That's big. They don't care if you believe what they believe, just find enlightenment.

Did you guys talk about telling someone how old you actually are? And that you start your oldest as a child and count down your years?

lol Yes and I said; "you never answered my question Jason." tongue

It was so funny. He had a great fucking point but I was curious and totally not judging or labeling!

Oct 17 09 06:25 pm Link

Model

Kam Arose

Berkeley, California, US

Clearly, I should make this fellow's acquaintance.

Oct 17 09 06:40 pm Link

Model

Stella Dean

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Kamarose wrote:

OOhhhh for sure!!

You two would get on like curry and naan

Oct 17 09 07:00 pm Link

Model

Stella Dean

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Model Sarah wrote:

lol Yes and I said; "you never answered my question Jason." tongue

It was so funny. He had a great fucking point but I was curious and totally not judging or labeling!

hah I know!! He never answered it for me either.

Oct 17 09 07:01 pm Link

Photographer

Leggy Mountbatten

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Nicole doesn't have her laptop at the moment, but needs everyone to know that she loves him, too.

Oct 17 09 10:08 pm Link

Model

Less Than Two

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

I seriously seriously adore that man.

Just being in his home is healing and conversations are always beautiful.

I've hardly met someone who had that profound of an impact on me.

Its an experience in and of its self to meet him.

If I could only get back out to Sacramento. . .

Oct 17 09 10:25 pm Link

Model

Jas "Belly Donsah"

San Francisco, California, US

Jason is the sweetest, coolest, most laid-back person you'll ever meet!  He is wise beyond his years & can always give you an objective answer to any burning question you may have.

Jason was my 2nd ever photoshoot over 7 years ago, & I still absolutely love his work the best out of anyone else I've worked with thus far!  He takes HELLLLA long to get you one image, but when it finally comes to your inbox ... it is ICONIC!!!

Just check out my artistic nude images & tell me which ones are your faves!  I guarantee that your #1 will be his, or I'll give you a TF* shoot as a model and/or hair stylist if you can tell me 3 legitimate reasons why you like someone else's the best!

Love you so much, J!
~ Belly Donsah

Jan 11 10 01:45 am Link

Model

Ailina

American Canyon, California, US

Aah... discussion about my eskimo Jason Fassnacht... I want in!!!

But how do I do so without gettin all freakin emotional.... I shall try my bestest smile

I've known Jason for quite sometime now... I'll say since 2002, when I first started in really focusing in my modeling! Back then I was unsure in what direction in modeling I should pursue, but meeting the great Jason was life changing!

Our first encounter was quite liberating! I knew back then that I have found a wonderful friend who would be there for me through thick and thin! It was like... and it still is... he could read my soul just by looking at me!

There aren't enough words how this talented artist influenced my modeling career and personal life, but the world is truly blessed for having someone like Jason.... including yours truly!

So if you have the opportunity in working with the Greatness... your life will be forever changed!

Ailina

Jan 11 10 09:02 am Link

Model

Stella Dean

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Kamarose wrote:

Ok ok!! You two are acquainted. Did you have like the raddest time evar?

Jan 11 10 04:45 pm Link

Model

Kam Arose

Berkeley, California, US

Stella Dean wrote:
Ok ok!! You two are acquainted. Did you have like the raddest time evar?

Hell yes! Guy's awesome. I had a most excellent time.

I'm not good at writing essays about people like other folks here are, but I liked 'im.

Jan 11 10 05:09 pm Link

Photographer

Carle Photography

Oakland, California, US

I had so much fun with you guys...

Jason was a doll and had so many images of me cataloged in his memories it was crazy.

I can't wait to go back...with an entire book of squares...

Jan 11 10 06:54 pm Link

Model

Heather Feather

Cocoa Beach, Florida, US

Well, I'd have to say J is one of my closest, long-time buddies. He is the kind of guy that you could call out of the blue and you know he will always be that same guy you met (in my case over a decade ago). He is the most compassionate, thoughtful, humble, giving, creative, funny, dorky, non-boring person I have ever known. Not to mention, the BEST person to tease!
I have always trusted him, and am at my highest level of comfort whenever I'm around him. Whoever you are, he will treat you like a princess and shower you with your favorite food/drinks/music/whatever.
I am blessed to have had J in my life as long as I have.

Jan 17 10 09:28 pm Link

Model

Nicole-B

Davis, California, US

O' Captain, My Captain!!!
Jason is my most favorite inspiration!!!  My sweet, compassionate, empathetic, understanding, humble, funny, crazy talented, intelligent, spiritual, good-lookin', dear, dear friend!  Jason was the first photographer I had worked with besides my boyfriend, and I was motivated to work with him because I'm a dancer and his work with dancers blew my mind.  Immediately he made me feel comfortable, and the rest is history.  :-)  I owe most of my success thus far in modeling to this extremely talented man, and for that I will always feel indebted.  But more importantly, I have gained a wonderfully beautiful friend.  I have only known Jason since summer of 2008, but, excuse the cliche, I feel that I've known him all of my life.  He has that way with people. If you haven't met him, you'll see when you do! 
In case there are people reading this who don't know (but it's obvious by looking at his work), Jason puts an amazing amount of integrity into his work; because of this, it takes him a long time to finish your works.... but believe me, it's WORTH the wait.  His works are absolute masterpieces.
Because His Most Humbleness wouldn't want too much attention drawn to himself, I will refrain from further gushingnesses.  :-)

Jan 18 10 05:10 pm Link

Model

V I C T O R I A

Los Angeles, California, US

He sent me one of the nicest messages I've ever received here on MM. LOVE his work. Would absolutely be thrilled to work with him.

Jan 18 10 08:03 pm Link

Model

Shadow Puppet

Brooklyn, New York, US

Jason is a wise and compassionate patron/practitioner of the arts. He patrons with encouragement and inspiration; he practices with ninja-like intensity. May he ascend to the ranks of Michelangelo, Jackie Chan, and Tom Hanks.

Jan 21 10 04:44 pm Link

Model

Polly Magoo

Sacramento, California, US

Jason is an artistic motivator, a genius, an inspiration, & a great friend who knows no strangers. He sees deeply into the potential of every human being and magnifies that potential in his work with them as well as through his friendships.
He is genuinely compassionate towards the female condition of intrinsic insecurities and irrigates between individuals a way to display their true potential to the masses.  He is a dear friend, a constructive teacher, an ever-advancing artist, a stimulation to the creative process, and on top of all that a fantastic roommate and damn fun to party with!!! big_smile
We love you Jason!!!!

Sake Cheers to the Jason Fassnacht!  MUAH!

P.S. (and super fun to embarass...just peel him an orange..you'll see) *wink*

Jan 21 10 05:19 pm Link

Model

Carmen Melissa

Roseville, California, US

I've had the pleasure of experiencing the remarkable works of Jason Fassnacht in 2007, and at that time I was merely a maiden to the modeling scene. Jason was my third photographer to work with, however, the first photographer I felt comfortable enough with to give my all, my vitality to create true art. He not only inspired me to express my soul through my photographs, and give me the confidence to branch out and grow as an individual, he also opened his doors to me as an amateur novice. Jason has a beautiful spirit, one that is very warm and welcoming; the beacon of light in a dark room. I see the passion Jason has in his work, and in favor, his creations are truly epic. He has opened my eyes to find that drive and devotion he has of artistic essence within my own. To Jason: Here's to you, and I, and our artistic future endeavors ahead!

With greatest adoration,

~Carmen Melissa

Jan 22 10 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

Deacon Blues

Belmont, North Carolina, US

this thread!?!?

Thanks for turning me onto this work!

WoW!

Jan 22 10 07:31 pm Link

Model

Eminy

Santa Monica, California, US

I'm so excited to be able to chime in on this conversation! Even though I was in love with his work, I was hella intimidated to work with him the first time. His work is brilliant; I simply didn't feel worthy! But those crazy insecurities have long since been washed away. Jason has this brilliant way of tapping into exactly who you are and knowing exactly what you need to feel comfortable. I made me feel more at home than when I'm actually AT home! And he has a brilliant eye. He'll make you see beauty within yourself that you never imagined existed. If you have a chance to work with him DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!

I brag about his awesomeness regularly and when I had the chance to introduce him to a friend I asked her what she thought of the much talked about Eskimo. She did a fantastic job of summing him up: "I think he knows everything."

Feb 14 10 12:43 am Link

Model

not on MM anymore 2010

I think a lot of people here would agree that Jason is a very rare person. His compassion for human condition, passion for art (life), extreme humbleness and intense spiritual connection to souls around him are astounding.

I have just returned from Eskimo's place, after another 3 day journey. It is incredible how intelligent ("fairly perceptive") he is and how welcome he makes me feel at his place. It is BETTER than home for me. I am craving to come back to his place over and over, and over, and over, and over again...

He will always be my life teacher, my art master and a great friend. I am glad I have him in my life.

I am willing to give my body, mind and soul just to have a minute of his presence.

With Love,

Katherine

P.S. Sake and sushi! 'Till next time!

Mar 03 10 08:23 pm Link

Artist/Painter

themainloop

Santa Rosa, California, US

I'm just posting here to embarrass him some more... haha.

Jason has the rare ability to enchant anyone who will give him a chance to.  We are drawn at first to his abilities, then are intoxicated by his stories, his perceptive abilities, his power to lay your soul bare in front of you, and his ultra-corny jokes.....

Jason is extremely humble to the point of self-flagellation.  He will raise you to the sky before he dares to stand on his tip-toes(he'll never admit it in front of me, but he knows he's the shit).  He calls me his teacher, yet he seems to have no idea how much he has taught me about life.  He inspires me to study the world and the creatures who inhabit it, intelligent and otherwise.  A flock of ultra-gorgeous models throwing themselves at him makes me believe he's figured a few key things out wink

One of the many lucky people honored to count him as a great friend,
-Sergio Lopez

Aug 19 10 01:44 pm Link

Photographer

S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

This needs resurrection.

Jason's the reason I'm a photographer.  He's taught me pretty much mostly entirely everything I know, and constantly inspires me to be better and brighter and more dynamic.

Of course, no matter how good I get, he'll constantly eclipse me without even trying.  Which would be annoying, except he's so awesome.

Maybe someday he'll actually POST some of his extra awesomeness on his damn PROFILE.

Ahem.

Jan 20 11 04:35 pm Link

Model

MadameKitty

Palmer - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by Argentina/Chile/UK, Antarctica

I'm making a voyage to him soooon... hopefully the first of many smile

Jan 20 11 04:41 pm Link

Model

Cheyenne Krempa

Placerville, California, US

Wow J you do come very recomended! =] Im so looking forward to working with you!

-Love and light Cheyenne K

Sep 03 11 10:12 am Link

Model

MadameKitty

Palmer - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by Argentina/Chile/UK, Antarctica

Yay baaaaamp of this thread =^-^=

Sep 03 11 10:13 am Link

Model

Eleanor Rose

PASO ROBLES, California, US

Bumping to tell you all thanks. I found Jason because of this thread, and finally get to meet him this weekend! big_smile

Feb 22 12 01:12 pm Link

Model

Giggle Rocket

Walnut Creek, California, US

Oh my goodness,

I just came home from working Jason Fassnacht.. 3 DAYS!
I love him!! His so phenomenal and such a sweet heart.
I'm like super sore and tired, but it was so worth it knowing I'll get great art in return.

The cat was starling too, So FLUFFFFYYY smile

Feb 07 13 09:12 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Still. Greatest. Person. Ever.

Feb 08 13 05:08 pm Link

Model

Nat has a username

Oakland, California, US

3 day shoot, sounds about right big_smile

Feb 09 13 12:13 pm Link

Model

Jen Catalano

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Jason's the best artist/person/host/soul/anything in the whole world.
All the bullshit I ever had to deal with while doing this job is worth it because it led me to the awesomeness that is Jason Fassnacht.

We stayed with him for a week. If he said he needed a roommate I would move there this instant and work for him every day just for the art of it.

Dude's the fucking bomb.

Feb 10 13 07:19 pm Link

Model

Anoush Anou

Columbus, Ohio, US

So grateful that life happened to take me all the way from New Zealand to Pleasure Lane (teehee). There are certain people who stand out by miles from all the thousands who I meet and Jason is certainly right up there.

Heart of gold.
Amazing artist, friend, story-teller, sake-guru, fluffy-cat acquirer and all around best of the bestest smile

Aug 30 13 08:27 pm Link