Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Kayo Satoh is actually a dude!

Photographer

Lawrence Guy

San Diego Country Estates, California, US

David Cajio Photography wrote:

I'm not sure there IS a right answer.  I'm not even sure my opinion is right.  I agree that a person cannot help how they are wired, but I know they are able to be honest about it, that is all I was saying, that I prefer the honest over secrecy approach -- I have no issues with how one chooses to reflect their gender so long as they are honest about it.

Much clearer.  Honesty can be tough, though, especially when it goes against societal norms and, in this case, almost goes against societal mores.  Like I said before, forgiveness is at least as important as honesty.  Judging other people is a risky task and it is too easy to suffer foot-in-mouth disease.

/end pompous lecture.  I need to meditate again, I'm twit today.

Sep 03 10 12:46 pm Link

Photographer

DC Photo - Inactive

Trenton, New Jersey, US

-Nicole- wrote:

That would effect YOU personally.

How is her decision to be a woman effecting anyone other than her?

No one was questioning her decision to live her life how she wanted, man or woman.  The only issue I had was with the lying.  Not sure why everyone wants to attack me, when I said from the very start I had no issue with her lifestyle choice, I just think people should be more honest about it.

Sep 03 10 12:47 pm Link

Model

-Nicole-

Madison, Wisconsin, US

No one was questioning her decision to live her life how she wanted, man or woman.  The only issue I had was with the lying.  Not sure why everyone wants to attack me, when I said from the very start I had no issue with her lifestyle choice, I just think people should be more honest about it.

It's not widely accepted...

Sep 03 10 12:48 pm Link

Model

MadameKitty

Palmer - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by Argentina/Chile/UK, Antarctica

Again, most posters took what you initially said the wrong way.

I'll give a personal example; my grandmother had to pretend to be white to get work in an area where native americans were, let's just say, not well liked.

She was able to scrape by pretending to be white. If she had been open and honest about her ethnicity, I doubt that would be the case.

Was it a lie? Yes. Was it ill-intentioned, or out of self-preservation?

Sep 03 10 12:52 pm Link

Photographer

Frank Lewis Photography

Winter Park, Florida, US

Never heard of him/her and he/she is just too damn skinny.
Somebody throw that little person a turkey leg...

Sep 03 10 01:07 pm Link

Model

MadameKitty

Palmer - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by Argentina/Chile/UK, Antarctica

Frank Lewis Photography wrote:

Really neutral

Sep 03 10 01:09 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Envy wrote:
Are you serious? You can't possibly be this diluted.
They were not attracted to a man, they are attracted to an illusion of a woman.

I have issues with this argument, because:

Imagine you are a vegetarian, someone makes chocolate cake and lies to you and tells you its chocolate cake, you love it, later they tell you there were beef and poultry products in it.  You are okay with them lying because you liked the illusion of it being chocolate?

Unless she's actively luring men to her bedroom for sex under the guise she is a female, which has yet to be proved, this argument is moot.

Sep 03 10 01:48 pm Link

Photographer

Artifact Ghost

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Elizabeth Claret wrote:

Yeah, because people are just ever so accepting of crossdressers in the first place. roll

Makes you wonder how many other beautiful "women" you know who aren't.

Lady Caca fer sure.....

Sep 03 10 02:06 pm Link

Model

Umair Riaz

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Not surprised. Then again, nothing really surprises me anymore.

Given the fact that its Japan (where pretty much anything Taboo is marketing gold) Kayo isn't going to have a problem being an idiol that he/she is in his/her own country. I don't how this is going to effect his/her rating overseas though.

Within Japan though... Its pretty much a set deal for success. Heck if Japan has accepted the concept of Visual Kei, they certainly won't have a problem with this.

https://solarblade.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/band_img_small_53631.jpg

(And yes those are guys.)

Sep 03 10 02:15 pm Link

Photographer

SANCTUAIRE

Tampa, Florida, US

Umair Riaz wrote:

Given the fact that its Japan (where pretty much anything Taboo is marketing gold) Kayo isn't going to have a problem being an idiol that he/she is in his/her own country. I don't how this is going to effect his/her rating overseas though.

Within Japan though... Its pretty much a set deal for success. Heck if Japan has accepted the concept of Visual Kei, they certainly won't have a problem with this.

Amazing and all without PS. Much luck Lola.

Sep 03 10 03:05 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

I highly admire Kayo Satoh for coming out, but I understand why she would hide the fact that she is a chick with a dick.  She is so convincing, there is no need to tell the World. Besides, transgenders may either lie or not tell what their born gender is because they can be killed for it.  Even in a liberal place like California, transgenders have been murdered simply because they are different. 

I had the great honor to work with Vanity ... http://www.myspace.com/vaniitopia who is a "chick with a dick"  as she sometimes will jokingly call herself.   I saw her walk by my booth at a festival and I tracked her down!  I had no idea that she was a transgender, and don't care.   I didn't know until she told me.  Everything about Vanity is female to me with the exception of that extra little package between the legs.  To this very day, people I had introduced Vanity to had no idea that she was born a male.  Vanity paid me to photograph her for her website, and like I said ... it was an honor to shoot with her.

Anyone who would be angry at Kayo or other transgenders for not "coming out" fast enough ought to calm the fuck down and understand that some transgenders look and sound so convincing that their lives could be in danger if they are not careful about who knows what is between their legs.

Sep 03 10 03:33 pm Link

Model

immateria

Brooklyn, New York, US

Umair Riaz wrote:

I find this picture to be supercreepy.

Because they all look like they don't have noses.

Sep 03 10 03:34 pm Link

Model

immateria

Brooklyn, New York, US

CodyMyers wrote:
Is it strange that I find "it" more attractive now?

No. It's a little strange that you're calling her an it. She revealed that she's a biological male, not a blow up doll.

Sep 03 10 03:35 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Envy wrote:

Unless she's actively luring men to her bedroom for sex under the guise she is a female, which has yet to be proved, this argument is moot.

Some of them, like my friend Vanity have boyfriends or girlfriends who know about it.

Sep 03 10 03:37 pm Link

Photographer

SKPhoto

Newark, California, US

Amen.

Sep 03 10 03:42 pm Link

Photographer

Eastfist

Green Bay, Wisconsin, US

This guy's a dude:

https://star.koreandrama.org/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/Bi.jpg

Sep 03 10 03:48 pm Link

Photographer

Andrew Iverson Media

River Falls, Wisconsin, US

Compass Rose Studios wrote:
Well, he's hawt either way.

+1

Sep 03 10 03:49 pm Link

Photographer

B Browder Photo

Charleston, South Carolina, US

She'm is cute.

Sep 03 10 03:49 pm Link

Photographer

Andrew Iverson Media

River Falls, Wisconsin, US

Umair Riaz wrote:

Gackt and Malice Mizer were pretty damn impressive too, just something about neat costumes along with fun music too. Gotta love that Gackt was not only the inspiration for several Japanese videogame characters, but was even the star of some.

For those who have no idea who i'm talking about, here is his video for Vanilla, the lyrics are awesome too. (granted, in Japanese) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-OrqyUgelU

Sep 03 10 03:54 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Asian people are generally not "big" anyway.  Kayo looks to have a typical build for a Japanese female to me.  If you want a little more meat, go for latin of black then.  wink  Um .. I used "meat"  opps!  lol

The subject of transgenders cracks me up because you find out quickly who is uncomfortable with it and who is not.  Sexuality, religion and politics make for heated discussions every time!

Sep 03 10 03:56 pm Link

Photographer

DHayes Photography

Richmond, Virginia, US

Compass Rose Studios wrote:
Well, he's hawt either way.

Not.  Hips and shoulders are a giveaway.

Sep 03 10 04:12 pm Link

Model

The Duchess of Dork

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Andrew Iverson Media wrote:

Gackt and Malice Mizer were pretty damn impressive too, just something about neat costumes along with fun music too. Gotta love that Gackt was not only the inspiration for several Japanese videogame characters, but was even the star of some.

For those who have no idea who i'm talking about, here is his video for Vanilla, the lyrics are awesome too. (granted, in Japanese) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-OrqyUgelU

I loved them, in high school. X Japan was my fave (gonna see them soon!!) but MM was a close second.

Sep 03 10 04:41 pm Link

Model

Umair Riaz

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Andrew Iverson Media wrote:

Oh definately though X Japan (as mentioned by Duchess of Dork) was the first Japanese band that actually set the Visual Kei trend. Actually those guys had such a huge influence on rock bands that their style was adopted by a lot of european pop rock bands as well (one of whome happen to be Cinema Bizarre.)

I am partial to Gackt and MM though I prefer T.M Revolution, L'Arc en Ceil and Nightmare wink.

https://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp19/pinkpandachan16/pictures%20of%20people%20in%20places%20and%20time/1205469298222919_file.jpg

Nightmare's Alumina is just an amazing song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pllqLTL3fxE

Sep 03 10 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

Jeffrey Engel

Waltham, Massachusetts, US

Umair Riaz wrote:
Oh definately though X Japan (as mentioned by Duchess of Dork) was the first Japanese band that actually set the Visual Kei trend. Actually those guys had such a huge influence on rock bands that their style was adopted by a lot of european pop rock bands as well (one of whome happen to be Cinema Bizarre.)

I am partial to Gackt and MM though I prefer T.M Revolution, L'Arc en Ceil and Nightmare wink.

https://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp19/pinkpandachan16/pictures%20of%20people%20in%20places%20and%20time/1205469298222919_file.jpg

Nightmare's Alumina is just an amazing song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pllqLTL3fxE

It is always weird for me to think that we and those people were killing each other less than 70 years ago.

Sep 03 10 05:55 pm Link

Model

Umair Riaz

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Jeffrey Engel wrote:
It is always weird for me to think that we and those people were killing each other less than 70 years ago.

In the famous words of "the boss" (from MGS... Not Mr. Springsteen Lol!)

"Today's bitter enemy may be an ally tomorrow."

Sep 03 10 06:09 pm Link

Model

--Ishtar--

Heerlen, Limburg, Netherlands

I'm simply playing Devil's Advocate here, because my original statement was that I had an issue with a role model lying about his gender, to which you quote and justified said person's action.

There is, also, a man that has recently been featured as a woman in Vogue and disowned by her entire family, and she has been honest about all of it from the start including her sex change that she is going through.  Her dad is a pro soccer player and she has been in the limelight her entire life and she didn't feel it was necessary to lie, so I'm having a very hard time seeing your point here is all.

Cultural differences.
Besides, it's not you in this situation, so it's easy to think you know the "right" way of handling the situation.
As the Dutch say: 'The best skippers are on land'

Sep 03 10 11:20 pm Link

Retoucher

Michael A Broughton

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

I have issues with this argument, because:

Imagine you are a vegetarian, someone makes chocolate cake and lies to you and tells you its chocolate cake, you love it, later they tell you there were beef and poultry products in it.  You are okay with them lying because you liked the illusion of it being chocolate?

Nobody's asking you to eat Kayo Satoh.

Sep 05 10 02:38 am Link

Model

MadameKitty

Michael A Broughton wrote:

Nobody's asking you to eat Kayo Satoh.

.... OK, that was clever lol

Sep 05 10 02:41 am Link

Retoucher

Michael A Broughton

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

What if you hired someone to watch women's dressing rooms and you later find out that person was a he.  Where do you draw the line?  Granted this is an extreme example, but my point is with all the secrecy its only a matter of time before someone is going to have to draw that line.

And what if you find out you hired a lesbian? or a male to female transsexual who's into men? Why not draw the line based on whether or not the person does a good job?

Sep 05 10 02:48 am Link

Photographer

VXmike

Reno, Nevada, US

I'm still shocked at how pretty someone can be made, even if they were born, male.
Hormones, pills, whatever, they seem to work, they grow breasts, look really really fem.
modern science and make up.....

And he is really pretty as a woman lol

Sep 06 10 12:13 am Link