Forums > General Industry > Touch me not Models

Model

Laurie-Anne Foster

Hamilton, Montana, US

KonstantKarma wrote:
I'm curious about nude great-granny llamas - What if you need to flip her breast back around to her front side?

Lmao greatest thing ever.  smile

I agree that the photographer should probably ask permission, at least the first time.  It's just common courtesy. 

Being sensitive to being touched is kind of silly.  As much as you can practice poses a million times in front of a mirror, it's possible that for some shoots you need to be adjusted.  Is that really a reason to freak out?  There are much more productive things to freak out about.  I think some people just enjoy making drama for no real good reason.

If you're so uncomfortable around a photographer that you don't want him to touch you at all, you're probably working with the wrong one anyway.  wink

Jun 30 12 02:57 pm Link

Photographer

Oscar Partida

Palm Springs, California, US

and this is why the Industry loves Brazilian and Western European Models.here people can be a bit Paranoid about everything

Jun 30 12 03:05 pm Link

Photographer

FemmeArtPhoto

Washington, District of Columbia, US

"models" who cannot tolerate being adjusted for the best shot clearly do not understand the meaning of the word "model."

Jun 30 12 03:08 pm Link

Model

Little Alice

Chicago, Illinois, US

While I personally do not like being touched (I'm very big on personal space), I do understand when touching is "necessary" for a shoot and do allow it.  However, when dealing with an experienced model there is little touching needed.  A stray hair, or piece of fuzz, totally understandable; but feeling the need to pose a model like a puppet, no one should really need to do that.

Also, I prefer when a photographer gives me some sort of warning before doing something.  It really ruins the shot when a photographer just lunges at me with his hand outstretched, it's alarming.  I know it sounds silly but I have had some inexperienced photographers do it and have explained to them why it's not okay.  You don't have to be super formal like "Oh, miss model, there is a fuzz on your whatever, may I please remove it so you don't move and ruin the pose?"  Something as simple as "There is a fuzz, don't move, I'll get it." is perfect.

While I do think it's silly that some girls are like "Omigawd don't touch me!!" at the same time photographers should be mindful of the model's space.

Jun 30 12 04:54 pm Link

Photographer

Select Model Studios

Tempe, Arizona, US

There is a difference between touching and groping. If a model is that up tight that she doesn't want touched at all, chances are I don't want to work with them.

Jun 30 12 05:00 pm Link

Model

Viola Von Kitten

Paris, Île-de-France, France

really depends on how it's done.

If you're holding a difficult or precise pose and the photographer helps you with a falling bra straps or a strand of hair on your face that's juste fine.

Same if he "moves" arms, hand, face or feet in a specific direction in a non "weird" way.

Any "strokes" or too familiar touching especially when doing nude shooting cannot be tolerate.
I prefer to call the shooting short than make a drama but sometimes if the photographer behaved really badly (once a guy attempted to put a finger in my vagina during a bend-over kinda pose yikes !) you just have too ... :s

Viola

Jun 30 12 05:16 pm Link

Photographer

Beautifully Soft Focus

Plano, Texas, US

Laurie-Anne Foster wrote:
I agree that the photographer should probably ask permission, at least the first time.  It's just common courtesy. 

Being sensitive to being touched is kind of silly.  As much as you can practice poses a million times in front of a mirror, it's possible that for some shoots you need to be adjusted.  Is that really a reason to freak out?  There are much more productive things to freak out about.  I think some people just enjoy making drama for no real good reason.

If you're so uncomfortable around a photographer that you don't want him to touch you at all, you're probably working with the wrong one anyway.  wink

1+ AMEN

I like to work with friendly gregarious people, and communication is key to a good shoot.  In fact touch is communication, e.g., firm vs. limp handshake, a warm hug etc. wink. Every model I have shot walked up and gave me a big warm hug when we first met, which broke the ice and we had a great shoot. We had communicated via PM, and or phone so we already knew we would be cool and good to go.  If a model is going to be a drama queen, I will have picked it up via our pre-shoot communications and will not schedule the shoot.  Being overly concerned about being touched is beyond silly. Model and photographers are in the people business, and if you aren't friendly, standoffish and have touch issues then you are probably in or hoping to be in the wrong industry.  IMHO smile

Be easy wink

Alvin

Jun 30 12 05:51 pm Link

Model

V Laroche

Khowmeyn, Markazī, Iran

Lumigraphics wrote:
Shrug.

Just had a nude model here for a session. One look, she was sitting on the fireplace mantle. Rather than watch her faceplant when she got down, I helped her...hands under her arms, her hands on my shoulders. No problem, she jumped off and landed on her feet. Easy.

We did the rest of the shoot, when her husband came to pick her up I asked him in to witness the release. I shook his hand, she gave me a big hug and asked when I wanted to shoot again. Apparently she wasn't bothered by being touched.

As long as it's a professional shoot, nobody should have a problem. If I need to touch someone I do, if not I don't. Why is this such a difficult thing?

Sure, and since all models are exactly the same, then no model will ever have a problem with that...?

Jun 30 12 07:30 pm Link

Model

V Laroche

Khowmeyn, Markazī, Iran

DBIphotography Toronto wrote:
Blah blah blah I am so great I am so awesome blah blah blah

Read my tags, and you'll see what they think of me "just pose"(ing) them neutral  It's a pain at times, but it gets the job done and done right. I'd rather pose her and create images that we/*the client* wants, than be very very hands-off and have a disc full of stiffness and flat captures due to standard posing and half-dead expressions sad 

IMHO alone, as always;

~Danny
http://dbiphotography.co.cc
https://www.modelmayhem.com/1983551

...you manually pose their FACIAL EXPRESSIONS?!

Jun 30 12 07:37 pm Link