This thread was locked on 2012-12-26 06:30:18
Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Petition-2012 Modelmayhem Member of the Year award

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

Now that 2012 is coming to an end. Those who are not mods and gatekeepers but did significantly made contribution to the site in such area as helping members through out the year.

My nomination and vote go to:
Peano

Anyone else?

Dec 20 12 05:05 pm Link

Model

Kozmina

Bakersfield, California, US

Are you referring to only retoutchers?

If not, I'd nominate Paige Morgan for how helpfull she is to MANY,MANY members and how curteous she is when advising clueless newbs smile

Dec 20 12 05:46 pm Link

Model

Paige Morgan

New York, New York, US

Kozmina wrote:

If not, I'd nominate Paige Morgan for how helpfull she is to MANY,MANY members and how curteous she is when advising clueless newbs smile

~blushes~ Why thank you!

Where have you been lady? haven't seen you on the forums in a minute smile

Dec 20 12 05:59 pm Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

Kozmina wrote:

No, but I just thought I'll start here since this is one section that my nominee has helped many members. So mods, feel free to move this to the proper section.

Dec 20 12 06:15 pm Link

Model

Kozmina

Paige Morgan wrote:

~blushes~ Why thank you!

Where have you been lady? haven't seen you on the forums in a minute smile

You are so very welcome! You're always so helpfull and patient with everyone smile

I've been busy since I moved to CO with my new job(bartending at a hole in the wall locals joint and love it)meeting new friends and a new guy so I haven't been on as much.

ninja
I still lurk once or twice a week but generally in SB for the comic relief(did you see the explosion after election night?! Haha) but occasionally I peak at the other sections too. Plus I'm on here via my stupid smart phone and it sucks to type with. lol

Miss you bunches!

Dec 20 12 06:30 pm Link

Model

Kozmina

Chuckarelei wrote:

No, but I just thought I'll start here since this is one section that my nominee has helped many members. So mods, feel free to move this to the proper section.

Right on. I look forward to checking this thread to see other nominees. Great idea!

Id nominate you also to be honest. I've always thought you're posts to be helpfull and curteous.

Dec 20 12 06:32 pm Link

Model

AshleyDay

Chapel Hill, North Carolina, US

Chuckarelei wrote:
Now that 2012 is coming to an end. Those who are not mods and gatekeepers but did significantly made contribution to the site in such area as helping members through out the year.

Peano

Anyone else?

Honestly I can't think of ANYONE else in any forum who has helped as much as Peano.

There isn't a single model or tog that has spent more time than him working on things for people without asking or wanting anything in return.

Dec 20 12 06:37 pm Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

Chuckarelei wrote:

Peano

Anyone else?

AshleyDay wrote:
Honestly I can't think of ANYONE else in any forum who has helped as much as Peano.

There isn't a single model or tog that has spent more time than him working on things for people without asking or wanting anything in return.

Right on. So your vote goes to Peano?

So far:
Peano: 2
Paige Morgan: 1

Keep'em coming.

Dec 20 12 06:40 pm Link

Photographer

Brian T Rickey

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

Peano.    At least in this forum.  There is isn't much of a contest in my opinion.

Dec 20 12 07:26 pm Link

Model

Paige Morgan

New York, New York, US

Kozmina wrote:

You are so very welcome! You're always so helpfull and patient with everyone smile

I've been busy since I moved to CO with my new job(bartending at a hole in the wall locals joint and love it)meeting new friends and a new guy so I haven't been on as much.

ninja
I still lurk once or twice a week but generally in SB for the comic relief(did you see the explosion after election night?! Haha) but occasionally I peak at the other sections too. Plus I'm on here via my stupid smart phone and it sucks to type with. lol

Miss you bunches!

Soapbox is the one section of the site I avoid.....I'd rather remain polite/friendly with everyone. big_smile

Miss seeing you around as well smile

Dec 20 12 08:29 pm Link

Photographer

Sonn

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Another vote for Peano, he's helped me out with a few questions here.

Dec 20 12 08:38 pm Link

Photographer

toesup

Grand Junction, Colorado, US

Can I wade in with another suggestion for a nominee...

I'd like to nominate -B-R-U-N-E-S-C-I- MM # 470507 as the voice of reason within these forums..
His take on the situation brings everyone's comments in to sharp focus.. No pun intended..

Just my $0.02

Dec 20 12 08:53 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

Sendu

His indispensable contribution to all forums, I can't imagine trying to use the forums without him.

Dec 20 12 09:01 pm Link

Model

Paige Morgan

New York, New York, US

DougBPhoto wrote:
Sendu

His indispensable contribution to all forums, I can't imagine trying to use the forums without him.

^This^ Without Sendu we'd have no working search

Dec 20 12 09:10 pm Link

Model

IDiivil

Los Angeles, California, US

Sendu or Brunesci. I can't pick between them. DON'T MAKE ME PICK!

Dec 20 12 09:42 pm Link

Photographer

Gulag

Atlanta, Georgia, US

My vote goes to Peano.

Dec 20 12 09:48 pm Link

Model

Jane Smithly

Crowley, Texas, US

Model Emily has been fantastic

Dec 20 12 09:55 pm Link

Photographer

xbe photographer

Kaišiadorys, Kauno, Lithuania

Peano

Dec 20 12 10:50 pm Link

Photographer

dirkschmitz

Trier, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany

I vote for Peano.

Dec 20 12 11:01 pm Link

Retoucher

MM020

Braşov, Braşov, Romania

In the forums: Peano

Overall: Sendu

Dec 20 12 11:05 pm Link

Retoucher

Connie_G

Berlin, Berlin, Germany

And another vote for Peano

Dec 21 12 12:19 am Link

Retoucher

pixel dimension ilusion

Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

Peano

Dec 21 12 12:24 am Link

Retoucher

The Invisible Touch

Tarragona, Catalonia, Spain

Peano

Dec 21 12 01:40 am Link

Retoucher

Pictus

Teresópolis, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I do not know/use all the MM forum, but here in "Digital Art and Retouching" is Peano.

Dec 21 12 03:21 am Link

Photographer

richy01

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands

Peano and Kronoslav

Dec 21 12 03:28 am Link

Retoucher

Solstice Retouch

New York, New York, US

Peano.

For years, he has been continually helpful in so many ways. Every time I come here, he has a solution posted to a recent problem. He is so selfless and is always open to help. He may be the most technically knowledgeable person I've met here.

It would be amazing to see each of his responses to problems in a book, I'd buy it.

Collectively, so many people here help out so much, it's a great community.

Dec 21 12 04:49 am Link

Retoucher

ST Retouch

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands

I don't post very often on forum, but every time when I come on forum , I can see  2 great persons here, Peano and Krunoslav.
Great members, both are very helpful and polite persons  and the main thing is that  their posts are without mocking other members ( beginners which need help) .
My vote go to Peano and Krunoslav !
Regards!

Dec 21 12 05:59 am Link

Photographer

Ezhini

Wichita, Kansas, US

Peano.

Dec 21 12 06:24 am Link

Photographer

365 Digitals Exposed

Perris, California, US

richy01 wrote:
Peano and Kronoslav

big different here, Peano never advertises his business here,He does all for free smile the other guy is active in this forum only when he is ready to release  a CD new product, and his contributions cost at the end $200 plus smile but yes he will be my number Two in the list, sorry to morgan is the first time I hear from her.(my bad)

with  all respect  to kronoslav  my vote goes for Peano
Happy holly days to all

Dec 21 12 07:17 am Link

Retoucher

RON IMAGES EDITED

Pembroke Pines, Florida, US

P E A N O...

Dec 21 12 09:46 am Link

Retoucher

Rob Mac Studio

London, England, United Kingdom

Peano Prolifico.
Where is His Modesty? Gone into hiding no doubt!

Dec 21 12 12:40 pm Link

Retoucher

Pascal Flor

Berlin, Berlin, Germany

Solstice Retouch wrote:
Peano.

For years, he has been continually helpful in so many ways. Every time I come here, he has a solution posted to a recent problem. He is so selfless and is always open to help. He may be the most technically knowledgeable person I've met here.

It would be amazing to see each of his responses to problems in a book, I'd buy it.

Collectively, so many people here help out so much, it's a great community.

I can not agree more!

1: Peano
2: Krunoslav

Dec 21 12 12:50 pm Link

Photographer

Cherrystone

Columbus, Ohio, US

Paige Morgan wrote:

^This^ Without Sendu we'd have no working search

+2

Dec 21 12 01:47 pm Link

Retoucher

Peano

Lynchburg, Virginia, US

Rob Mac Studio wrote:
Peano Prolifico.
Where is His Modesty? Gone into hiding no doubt!

Thank you, and thanks to others for the kind words. I'm not as selfless as you might think. I usually tackle questions that involve things I need to learn. I discovered long ago that the best way to learn anything is to teach it to somebody else.

I'm not in hiding, just been writing ... finishing up a book. The bad news is it isn't a Photoshop book but a mystery (novel). Sorry 'bout that. sad

Dec 21 12 01:53 pm Link

Retoucher

The Invisible Touch

Tarragona, Catalonia, Spain

Peano wrote:
Thank you, and thanks to others for the kind words. I'm not as selfless as you might think. I usually tackle questions that involve things I need to learn. I discovered long ago that the best way to learn anything is to teach it to somebody else.

I'm not in hiding, just been writing ... finishing up a book. The bad news is it isn't a Photoshop book but a mystery (novel). Sorry 'bout that. sad

Peano, I am sure whatever writhing it will be amazing!! Although there is a big market for you on the retouching world based on your knowledge!!

Thanks for your help anyway!! ;-)

Dec 21 12 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

WIP

Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom

My nominations in the brig. So she'll have to wait till next years.

Dec 21 12 04:24 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Peano.

Anyone who can address the "how do I get this color grading look in this Emily Soto image" over and over has the patience of a Saint and gets my vote.

Dec 21 12 04:31 pm Link

Photographer

Dan K Photography

STATEN ISLAND, New York, US

c_h_r_i_s wrote:
My nominations in the brig. So she'll have to wait till next years.

hard to win when you are in the brig for more then half the year.

I vote for Peano as well:)

Dec 21 12 04:53 pm Link

Photographer

DougBPhoto

Portland, Oregon, US

I guess it would be helpful if we knew if this was a site-wide thing (as it first sounded) or specific to the digital retouching forums

Not saying I disagree with Peano if we are talking about posts in this set of forums, rather than the forums overall as the OP originally seemed.

Dec 21 12 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

DougBPhoto wrote:
I guess it would be helpful if we knew if this was a site-wide thing (as it first sounded) or specific to the digital retouching forums

Not saying I disagree with Peano if we are talking about posts in this set of forums, rather than the forums overall as the OP originally seemed.

i intend this to be a site wide balloting. I'm still waiting for the mods to chime in and move this to the proper section. i guess the mods are still waiting and see how many people participating in order to make this the 'official' thing. right, brian, dean?

Dec 21 12 08:15 pm Link