Forums > Photography Talk > Ever hear of a Hungry games Wedding Ceremony

Photographer

MCmodeling

Sonora, California, US

I just got a email about a Hungry games Wedding Ceremony. Anyone heard of that?

Jan 18 13 08:30 am Link

Photographer

N Butler

South Portland, Maine, US

Hunger Games-themed wedding, perhaps?

Jan 18 13 08:36 am Link

Photographer

Supermodel Photographer

Oyster Bay, New York, US

MCPHOTO wrote:

Phil8 probably has.

Jan 18 13 08:38 am Link

Photographer

MMR Creative Services

Doylestown, Pennsylvania, US

Is that where you show up and nobody hears from you again?

Jan 18 13 08:39 am Link

Photographer

N Butler

South Portland, Maine, US

Maybe a dozen guests are chosen by lottery to fight one another to the death?

You should make sure your lenses have filters on them for protection.

Jan 18 13 08:58 am Link

Photographer

Image Works Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

MCPHOTO wrote:

Let the games begin.
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8364/8391853075_7c53962211_o.jpg

Jan 18 13 09:00 am Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Hunger Games weddings are just rip-offs of the real deal - Battle Royale Weddings.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0266308/

On a side note, nothing says "divorce in 18 months" faster to me than a themed wedding. If you need a gimmick to make your wedding memorable, you're in big trouble.

Jan 18 13 09:07 am Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

Michael Pandolfo wrote:
Hunger Games weddings are just rip-offs of the real deal - Battle Royale Weddings.

On a side note, nothing says "divorce in 18 months" faster to me than a themed wedding. If you need a gimmick to make your wedding memorable, you're in big trouble.

Especially when that theme is a flash-in-the-pan movie.

How about a Firefly wedding?
Or Twin Peaks!!

When the marriage DOESN'T fail in 2 years, at least they'll be able to look back on their wedding pictures 15 years later and think "god damn we were stupid".

Jan 18 13 09:14 am Link

Photographer

Hero Foto

Phoenix, Arizona, US

you 2 crack me up ...

I'll add, when the stripper pole goes up in the boudoir, it's over ...

Jan 18 13 09:52 am Link

Photographer

Untitled Photographer

Dallas, Texas, US

Michael Pandolfo wrote:

I know a couple who had a Star Wars themed wedding.  Two years later "Luke" has custody of little "R2D2".

Jan 18 13 09:56 am Link

Photographer

MCmodeling

Sonora, California, US

Yeah I thought it was strange. I know it's a movie, but I haven't seen it.

Jan 18 13 10:25 am Link

Photographer

Let There Be Light

Los Angeles, California, US

Good Egg Productions wrote:
Especially when that theme is a flash-in-the-pan movie.

Flash in the pan? The Hunger Games trilogy books have sold 26 million copies and the movie made almost $700 million worldwide. That's a pretty big flash.

Jan 18 13 02:24 pm Link

Photographer

christopher harvey

New York, New York, US

Let There Be Light wrote:

Flash in the pan? The Hunger Games trilogy books have sold 26 million copies and the movie made almost $700 million worldwide. That's a pretty big flash.

A lot of things are expensive and well known but still suck-Mercedes, the second "star wars" trilogy, twilight, Dyson vacuums.

Jan 18 13 02:38 pm Link

Photographer

AVD AlphaDuctions

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

christopher harvey wrote:

A lot of things are expensive and well known but still suck-Mercedes, the second "star wars" trilogy, twilight, Dyson vacuums.

everyone is entitled to an opinion, but it still remains that Hunger Games ---- not a flash in the pan.  go ahead and not like it. but don't try to say it's a flash in the pan.

Jan 18 13 03:05 pm Link

Photographer

christopher harvey

New York, New York, US

AVD AlphaDuctions wrote:

everyone is entitled to an opinion, but it still remains that Hunger Games ---- not a flash in the pan.  go ahead and not like it. but don't try to say it's a flash in the pan.

I wasn't arguing its place in pop culture history. I was arguing that being expensive and known does not guarantee good. If I was talking about being a flash in the pan, I would say that if they didn't make another movie, in 3 years everyone would be saying "katniss, who?"

Jan 19 13 11:28 am Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Let There Be Light wrote:

Exactly. That's what a flash in the pan is. A big flash with little staying power. Not to mention a knockoff of a Japanese production.

Not exactly the statement I'd want to make on a marriage lol

Jan 19 13 11:36 am Link

Model

Rosemarie Bennet

Southampton, Pennsylvania, US

loling at "hungry games."

Jan 19 13 11:42 am Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

AVD AlphaDuctions wrote:

But isn't that exactly what a flash in the pan is? Hugely popular for a very brief period of time? A flash in the pan is literally catching fire and then burning out quickly.

That's not necessarily an insult to a movie or book. But whether we like the movie/book or not, I think we can all agree it's not exactly going to be The Godfather where it's just as popular decades down the road.

When I was in college Dexy's Midnight Runners and Cmon Eileen was massively popular and it's all you heard (for about a year). I've never heard anything from them since. I loved the song but they were a flash in the pan/one hit wonder.

Now, if I had had a Dexy's Midnight Runner themed wedding? Although I'm sure I would have looked great in those neon parachute pants. Yikes.

Now excuse me while I go plan my Twilight honeymoon.

Jan 19 13 11:42 am Link

Photographer

Studio MD - Casting

Los Angeles, California, US

Michael Pandolfo wrote:

Ummmmm.... You don't realize that ALL ceremonies are gimmicks?!

Jan 19 13 01:56 pm Link