Forums > Critique > Would I work with you as a Model/Photographer?

Photographer

Erlinda

London, England, United Kingdom

Nataliya Turovets wrote:
I have to disagree with Harold Rose's comment. I personally think your work is very elegant and professional. When it comes to your port, it makes me feel like I'm reading the Vogue magazine. You have a great perspective and excellent taste in unique looks. Truly beautiful work. What about me? And my daughter as well (I know you don't do children but really curious with your opinion on her look).

Apr 06 13 02:11 pm Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Scoria wrote:
How's about me? smile

Not my type of model I would work with at all... Too many BIG tattoos, though I love them, I don't shoot them. You are pretty but just don't have that extra thing that makes me want to work with you.

Focus on shooting a lot more, because right now you have about 8 photos with them same outfit and look on your face. Go in front of the mirror and pose with your face (do different expressions) Learn your face.

No, I wouldn't work with you.

Apr 06 13 02:15 pm Link

Photographer

Erlinda

A N D E R S O N wrote:
I would love to =]

Cool work, Like your models hair in that avi. DOPE.

Yes, I would work with you smile

Apr 06 13 02:18 pm Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Flash-Joerg wrote:
I am in. Hit me :-)

Your nude work is wicked and creepy. Love it!

Yes, I would work with you.

Apr 06 13 02:19 pm Link

Photographer

Lamar

Wilton, New Hampshire, US

Let me know?

Apr 06 13 02:21 pm Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Lamar wrote:
Let me know?

Hmmmmmm your work has no rhythm just random women standing around. Lighting is flat and concepts are non existent. You need a lot of work.

Apr 06 13 02:29 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografica Gregor

Alexandria, Virginia, US

I don't know - would you?  I think my predominant style is a bit different than you have chosen for your portfolio....

Apr 06 13 02:31 pm Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Fotografica Gregor wrote:
I don't know - would you?  I think my predominant style is a bit different than you have chosen for your portfolio....

Your work aint bad... A little too dark and dramatic even though the styling/theme of the shoot doesn't call for it but that could be just your way of shooting.

Yup, I'd work with you.

Apr 06 13 02:34 pm Link

Photographer

Fotografica Gregor

Alexandria, Virginia, US

Erlinda wrote:

Your work aint bad... A little too dark and dramatic even though the styling/theme of the shoot doesn't call for it but that could be just your way of shooting.

Yup, I'd work with you.

well, thank you smile  Yes I do prefer a more dramatic approach to imagery in my own work whether high key or low key in approach...  but of course my MM port reflects my personal tastes and what I shoot for my own enjoyment....   when shooting commercially, or when testing or trading,  I am adaptable to the need of the moment smile  and I always make it my goal to be sure that those who test or trade with me are happy with what we are shooting and with the images they receive in compensation for their time and effort...

Apr 06 13 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

Dean Johnson Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Erlinda wrote:

I'm so disappointed...You have over 100 photos in your portfolio (thats waaaay too much). In the beginning I was like alright not bad, I could work with this then as I scrolled down It just got from bad to worse to just ugly. You REALLY need to clean up your portfolio. Get rid of the old and stick with the new. Right now I am confuse and wondering (if I worked with you which work would I get, the good, the bad or the ugly). I'm a risk taker but your work isn't work the risk.

No, I wouldn't work with you

Thanks Erlinda!

I'm beginning to realize that I am incapable of telling which of my images are good, bad or ugly.
smile

Apr 08 13 05:09 am Link

Photographer

Mister Sifuentes

San Antonio, Texas, US

I'm in.

Apr 08 13 09:44 am Link

Model

BrandeyBailey

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I'll play

Apr 08 13 11:17 am Link

Model

Miss Kryseis

Stockholm, Stockholm, Sweden

Sure.
But be brutally honest now. smile

Apr 08 13 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

Sven Lori

Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

Erlinda wrote:

Your nude work is wicked and creepy. Love it!

Yes, I would work with you.

Thanks for your feedback :-)

Apr 08 13 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

Apparition Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Maybe you would ? If you're into different, creative type of work smile

https://www.modelmayhem.com/578566

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130408/12/51631f3860e09.jpg

Apr 08 13 02:13 pm Link

Model

Sharkie Mac

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

I'd like to know please smile

Apr 08 13 08:42 pm Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Mister Sifuentes wrote:
I'm in.

The last 12 photos in your portfolio should be deleted. You have a lot of moody pictures but non have a story to tell. Just a model standing in front of a camera with a blank expression. You need to connect with your subject more. Focus on a feel/idea you want your viewers see when they look at your photos.

No, I wouldn't work with you at this time.

Apr 09 13 04:45 am Link

Photographer

Erlinda

BrandeyBailey wrote:
I'll play

You have an interesting look though most of your photos you have the same expression in most of them. Your portfolio is alright but can be better. Better concepts and better teams (thats what you need to focus on)

Not the type of model I would work with, though you are pretty you are short and photograph your age (25).

No, I wouldn't work with you

Apr 09 13 04:47 am Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Kryseis wrote:
Sure.
But be brutally honest now. smile

Love the curves. By looking at your portfolio I feel like there really isn't a model there... Just a girl that likes to play dress up and get her photo taken.

Pretty but pretty doesn't cut it hmm

Apr 09 13 04:50 am Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Apparition Photography wrote:
Maybe you would ? If you're into different, creative type of work smile

https://www.modelmayhem.com/578566

I'm all about different but your work doesn't go down the road of different goes down the road of tacky themes and over photoshopped photos. Not my cup of tea for sure.

Apr 09 13 04:52 am Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Sharkie Mac wrote:
I'd like to know please smile

Way too many photos in your portfolio. You need to get deleting girlie! You've got a lot of crap to throw away.

Your pretty, love the curves but I find your eyes are a little too close together and your upper lip is a little too thin for my liking. I'd have to pass.

Apr 09 13 04:54 am Link

Photographer

Apparition Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Erlinda wrote:

I'm all about different but your work doesn't go down the road of different goes down the road of tacky themes and over photoshopped photos. Not my cup of tea for sure.

Welllllll.... thank you. Over-photoshopped, you'd have to draw my attention to which ones you are speaking of(except one picture that was removed). I definitely appreciate the constructive crticism, just curious.

Apr 09 13 09:16 am Link

Photographer

Apparition Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Erlinda wrote:

BTW I love the fashion work on your site. (Though I noticed even though you're based out of the UK, your site is a .ca??? Canadian connection?). I also checked your facebook page and encourage you to also check mine www.facebook.com/apparitionphotos

Thanks again for the feedback and critique!

Apr 09 13 09:19 am Link

Photographer

Llobet Photography

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Would you model for me? big_smile
Remember, I will bring Oreo's wink

Apr 09 13 09:56 am Link

Photographer

Felipe Jimenez

Denver, Colorado, US

Hopefully smile

Apr 09 13 12:36 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Tirado Photography

New York, New York, US

Erlinda wrote:
Most of your photos are extreme... A lot going on with the hair and make-up. You need more simple, relaxed and clean stuff.

Yes, I'd work with you but for a more simplistic feel/look smile

Thanks. Hey I shot some simple clean stuff per your recommendation. smile

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130409/00/5163bd459bb6b_m.jpg

Apr 09 13 12:45 pm Link

Photographer

Pixyst

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Let me know

Apr 09 13 12:47 pm Link

Photographer

Erlinda

BlueMoonPics wrote:
Would you model for me? big_smile
Remember, I will bring Oreo's wink

Your avi brings your work level down a lot and some other photos with models posing very weirdly. Don't understand why you think these are good photos to keep? hmm
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130218/15/5122bc8dd3334_m.jpg
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130106/19/50ea43b2b587b_m.jpg

Your first 7 photos in your portfolio need to go. Everything else seems nice and clean.

Yes, I would work with you. (Don't forget to bring the Oreo's! tongue

Apr 10 13 09:48 am Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Felipe Jimenez wrote:
Hopefully smile

Lovely, clean and colourful commercial work. I dig it!

Yes, I would work with you smile

Apr 10 13 09:49 am Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Paul Tirado Photography wrote:

Thanks. Hey I shot some simple clean stuff per your recommendation. smile

https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130409/00/5163bd459bb6b_m.jpg

Yes, very nice.... I don't think I like the finger in the mouth but lighting, pose of the body and head as well as the make-up is spot on.

WELL DONE!!! big_smile

Apr 10 13 09:51 am Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Pixyst wrote:
Let me know

Why would anyone want people to see their old crappy work? It doesn't make me want to work with you, it makes me wonder why you have it in your portfolio to bring down the rest of your work.

Your avi makes me feel like someone else shot it hmm all the other photos don't have really good lighting as well as lacking in photoshop skills and crappy concepts. I'm thrown off and not in a good way.

Apr 10 13 09:55 am Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Apparition Photography wrote:
Welllllll.... thank you. Over-photoshopped, you'd have to draw my attention to which ones you are speaking of(except one picture that was removed). I definitely appreciate the constructive crticism, just curious.

I think you deleted more then one picture but this is also one that looks overly photoshop and not realistic at all hmm

https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/16623056

Apr 10 13 10:55 am Link

Photographer

Llobet Photography

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Erlinda wrote:
Your avi brings your work level down a lot and some other photos with models posing very weirdly. Don't understand why you think these are good photos to keep? hmm
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130218/15/5122bc8dd3334_m.jpg
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/130106/19/50ea43b2b587b_m.jpg

Your first 7 photos in your portfolio need to go. Everything else seems nice and clean.

Yes, I would work with you. (Don't forget to bring the Oreo's! tongue

I've taken heed to some of your suggestions.  Will do more portfolio adjustments as I process my latest shoots.  As compensation to having to endure perusing my portfolio, I will bring lots of Oreo's. big_smile

Apr 11 13 12:51 pm Link

Photographer

Cinema Photography

Boulder, Colorado, US

Well, this is something I wanna know for sure...

Apr 11 13 12:54 pm Link

Photographer

Erlinda

cinema photography wrote:
Well, this is something I wanna know for sure...

I would only shoot with you if we do a shoot to fit in your "Classical Art Inspired" folder.... My fav stuff in your portfolio!

Yes, I would work with you. smile

Apr 11 13 02:16 pm Link

Photographer

Erlinda

BlueMoonPics wrote:

I've taken heed to some of your suggestions.  Will do more portfolio adjustments as I process my latest shoots.  As compensation to having to endure perusing my portfolio, I will bring lots of Oreo's. big_smile

The only real change you did was deleting one photo of the 7 that I didn't like and moved the rest of them around in your portfolio... LOL it's a start! wink

Apr 11 13 02:17 pm Link

Photographer

Jean Renard Photography

Los Angeles, California, US

as a model probably not even if I did wear a bucket over my head,,,,but if Hans Haveron worked on me for a few hours who knows.

edit....I think I missed the entire point of this posting.

Flu...never go online whilst having it...

Apr 11 13 02:34 pm Link

Model

Azia Rose

Portland, Oregon, US

Yes please!!!

Apr 11 13 03:03 pm Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Jean Renard Photography wrote:
as a model probably not even if I did wear a bucket over my head,,,,but if Hans Haveron worked on me for a few hours who knows.

edit....I think I missed the entire point of this posting.

Flu...never go online whilst having it...

Ahahahahaha no worries,

I can tell you are a much older photographer then me. Your work is very 80's 90's though I think they are good I feel like you need to start shooting things that are more of this area.

This photo has to go. The blur is ridiculous. So disappointed to see that you shot with the beautiful mosh and thats the photo you got out of it. So sad sad
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/110817/22/4e4ca18fc0eda_m.jpg

You are my second maybe in working with you.

Apr 12 13 08:19 am Link

Photographer

Erlinda

Azia Rose wrote:
Yes please!!!

You are weird looking but in a good way. You have big eyes, big lips and a big nose but for some reason they look good together. I like how you can be edgy with your short hair but soft as well. Not my type of model but I would work with you. smile

Apr 12 13 08:21 am Link