Forums > Critique > 'The Best Of Model Mayhem' lists - do you make it?

Model

Miroslava Svoboda

Seattle, Washington, US

I'll play smile

Jul 13 13 03:34 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

J O H N  A L L A N wrote:
Ok - see if you see anything you like.

I have listed you. You have a unique style and a strong portfolio. However, you should be wary of samey-ness. I'd love to see some more colour in there smile

Jul 13 13 03:35 pm Link

Model

Nicole Nu

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Evie_Wolfe wrote:

You are already listed in there! smile

Woo! big_smile

Jul 13 13 03:35 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

Evie_Wolfe wrote:

I have listed you. You have a unique style and a strong portfolio. However, you should be wary of samey-ness. I'd love to see some more colour in there smile

Thanks! - and thanks for the suggestion smile

Jul 13 13 03:37 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

NicoleNudes wrote:
Woo! big_smile

As if I would leave you out!

Jul 13 13 03:39 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

J O H N  A L L A N wrote:
Thanks! - and thanks for the suggestion smile

Thank you for being graceful about it - I am hardly qualified to give a top-agency photographer advice on his portfolio!

Jul 13 13 03:41 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Miroslava Svoboda wrote:
I'll play smile

Listed. You are spectacular smile

Jul 13 13 03:42 pm Link

Model

Miroslava Svoboda

Seattle, Washington, US

Evie_Wolfe wrote:

Listed. You are spectacular smile

Thank you Evie, so are you! Absolutely adore your work! smile

Jul 13 13 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

H Weidmann Photography

Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico

ok, I'm in!

:-)

Jul 13 13 03:47 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Miroslava Svoboda wrote:
Thank you Evie, so are you! Absolutely adore your work! smile

G'aaaawwwww big_smile you sweetheart big_smile

Jul 13 13 03:54 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

H Weidmann Photography wrote:
ok, I'm in!

Listed! Your work is gorgeously amazing and your light is tasty and your portfolio is like a sweet shop - all different colours with a riot of flavour, and if you ever lose your mind and want to shot a short fat girl I'm here with bells on.

Seriously, what are you even doing in this thread? I'm not qualified to critique you!

Jul 13 13 04:00 pm Link

Photographer

H Weidmann Photography

Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico

Evie_Wolfe wrote:

Listed! Your work is gorgeously amazing and your light is tasty and your portfolio is like a sweet shop - all different colours with a riot of flavour, and if you ever lose your mind and want to shot a short fat girl I'm here with bells on.

Seriously, what are you even doing in this thread? I'm not qualified to critique you!

Wow, your so sweet!  Thank you so much, those are some of the best compliments I've gotten

And your on, next time I'm in your neck of the woods, I'm looking you up!

Jul 13 13 04:03 pm Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

H Weidmann Photography wrote:
Wow, your so sweet!  Thank you so much, those are some of the best compliments I've gotten

And your on, next time I'm in your neck of the woods, I'm looking you up!

Oh, would you look at that hmm the poor man has lost his mind.... Ah well. I'll be sure to hand you over to the proper authorities - after the shoot, of course tongue

Jul 13 13 04:16 pm Link

Photographer

Clarence Zimmerman

Orlando, Florida, US

Jul 13 13 06:28 pm Link

Photographer

Worlds Of Water

Rancho Cucamonga, California, US

Got close to 500... you're welcome to check... wink

Jul 13 13 06:45 pm Link

Model

Random One

Washington, District of Columbia, US

I'd like in!

Jul 13 13 06:57 pm Link

Model

Jhomel

Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

Any?

Jul 13 13 07:03 pm Link

Photographer

TDSImages

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Evie_Wolfe wrote:

This is a bit mean. If you are easily offended, skip smile

This shot is incredible - https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/31920839
As is the one with the bodypainting, and several more. I've listed one of them, but I don't feel like I can put you in the 'greatest' list - not because the quality of your best shots isn't up there, but because I get the feeling you've really half-arsed it with a couple of shots in there.

There are photographers on this site who would kill for your eye, your models, your creations, and you are doing them and yourself a disservice by not pushing yourself as hard as you can. Go out, shoot until your fingers bleed and when you come home, be utterly brutal with your portfolio.

You are already great. Now go be awesome.

Thank you Evie-I can not tell you how much I appreciate your honesty in being straight up with me on what I need to do to improve.  You are absolutely right in that I need to shoot more and to push myself to get better.  This is one of the best pieces of advice I have ever received.  Again, THANK YOU!!!!

Jul 13 13 10:24 pm Link

Photographer

ikonas Boston

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Would love to hear your thoughts Evie.

Jul 13 13 11:10 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Tirado Photography

New York, New York, US

Take a look and let me know. Thanks.

Jul 13 13 11:30 pm Link

Photographer

DRaskin Photography

Sacramento, California, US

Please take a look and let me know. I look forward to your opinion.
Cheers,
Don

Jul 13 13 11:42 pm Link

Photographer

Eros Fine Art Photo

Torrance, California, US

Not sure if you've seen this portfolio yet.  Maybe there's something in here you'll like as well.  smile

Jul 14 13 12:41 am Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Clarence Zimmerman wrote:
  https://www.modelmayhem.com/1983690

Not quite there yet, on either portfolio. Your choice of costume, colour and framing is good and inlove that you seem to have a story behind much of your work, but many of your shots lack the vibrant poses that might put them over the top. For example, Cinderella doesn't look like a woman fleeing in shame from her Prince Charming - she looks like a girl in a Cinderella costume posed in a way that suggests a gentle trot.

What your images have in colour and vibrancy they lack in depth, perhaps because your models aren't truly engaged in their 'character'. I'd like to see you try working with some actors - they might add that extra passion to your story.

Jul 14 13 02:12 am Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Select Models wrote:
Got close to 500... you're welcome to check... wink

You have some absolutely amazing shots, but I can't list you because many of them are drowned out by same-y, much-of-a-muchness snapshots. I might be coming over as harsh, but shots that would seem good or even great in someone else's portfolio are outclassed to such an extent by your avant garde works and concept pieces that your portfolio has an uneven and disjointed look to it - something not helped by the sheer size of it.

I'd like to see you take a brutal chopper to your portfolio and really be honest with yourself about what is weakest there.

Jul 14 13 02:17 am Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Random One wrote:
I'd like in!

Hi smile not there yet I am afraid - you have a great look and impressive physique, but some of your poses look unwieldy and you show very little expression. Your physically active art nudes are your best work, but I'd've willing to bet you could rock some high fashion if someone have you a shot at it.

Jul 14 13 02:20 am Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Jhomel wrote:
Any?

You are an odd one. This is fantastic -http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/33152151

But your port is let down by some very generic physique shots we've all seen a hundred times before. Do more the the above and I'd list you for sure.

Jul 14 13 02:22 am Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

ikonas Boston wrote:
Would love to hear your thoughts Evie.

Hi! smile
Another portfolio with a real disjointed feel to it. This is really quite lovely -http://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/33152151

The light here is spectacular - https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/18832824

This is interesting and conceptual - https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/24012283

But I can't find a middle ground with you. If you had shown me those three shots separately, I would never have guessed they were work from the same photographer. I'd like to see yoube honest with yourself about the weak shots you have and get rid of them, and then think about where you want to take your images and shoot towards that goal.

Jul 14 13 02:27 am Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Paul Tirado Photography wrote:
Take a look and let me know. Thanks.

Listed - your work is fabulous smile

Jul 14 13 02:29 am Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

DRaskin Photography wrote:
Please take a look and let me know. I look forward to your opinion.
Cheers,
Don

Hi Don,
Nope, not making the grade yet. Many of your images haven't progressed beyond 'here is a pretty girl' yet. This one is good - https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/32920492 but could have been great with some careful attention to frame, pose and light. Your eye is good, but you lack originality. I'dlike to see you spend some serious time studying - get your hands on every copy of vogue, Elle and anything else you can get your hands on, and don't put them down until your eyes hurt. Then shoot:)

Jul 14 13 02:33 am Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Eros Fine Art Photo wrote:
Not sure if you've seen this portfolio yet.  Maybe there's something in here you'll like as well.  smile

You are already on the list, with a shot in this portfolio. I listed you again anyway though smile

Jul 14 13 02:35 am Link

Photographer

e9 photography

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Love to get your opinion

Jul 14 13 02:38 am Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

e9 photography wrote:
Love to get your opinion

Hmm. I'm not very qualified to talk about glamour, so please take the following with a pinch of 'she doesn't know hat she is talking about'.

No list yet. Your portfolio is about three times the size it needs to be and very same-y, in pose, location, outfit and choice of model. Your best work is probably your beachwear stuff,but I appreciate it can be hard to find variety in just one fair,y narrow area of shooting.

I think you need to get out of your box - maybe go down to your beach locations and have a serious think about what you could do with your space, or spend a few hours finding the perfect light and how to shoot it. Then get a model who is ready to branch out from your usual poses and try something extravagant.

Jul 14 13 02:44 am Link

Photographer

ArtisticallySexy

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Sounds great, count us in...

Jul 14 13 02:50 am Link

Model

Maegan Rose

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand

Probably not there yet... But you're welcome to look!

Jul 14 13 03:21 am Link

Model

Sexy Kim

Rockport, Texas, US

Okay my turn?

Jul 14 13 03:30 am Link

Photographer

Mikey McMichaels

New York, New York, US

Evie_Wolfe wrote:
So I have been without Internet for a month or so, and to dip my feet back into the waters of MM, I'd like to add to my 'this is how it's done - the best of llama mayhem' lists.

I am going to be very very picky but don't be shy, if I don't find anything in your port I will try and point you in the direction I'd like to see your work go smile

I should have at least one.

Jul 14 13 03:42 am Link

Makeup Artist

Denise Hutter MUA

Cary, North Carolina, US

How about Mine?

Jul 14 13 06:14 am Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

ArtisticallySexy wrote:
Sounds great, count us in...

Once again, I don't know all that much about glamour so please take this with a reasonable helping of salt.

No list yet - your images are vibrant and lively with a tonne of character - but it seems to be mostly the same character, if that makes any sense. Your port is 90% very VERY sexy ladies in very little clothing, and although I could spend hours looking at how beautiful they are, the depth of the images goes little further than that. This is, of of course, a trademark of the glamour industry so you are doing your thing extremely well. I just can't help but feel that if you pushed yourself more, you'd transcend that genre smile one to watch - I think you are on the up!

Jul 14 13 09:35 am Link

Model

Misty F

San Antonio, Texas, US

I would be interested in your opinion.

Jul 14 13 09:43 am Link

Model

Evie Wolfe

Maegan Rose wrote:
Probably not there yet... But you're welcome to look!

I have listed you - you might not be quite there yet, but I am absolutely certain if you keep shooting, by the end of the year you will be. You're in the top 10% - I'd like to see you take the top 2% smile

Jul 14 13 09:43 am Link