Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Miley's new video and song

Model

Lumen Sky

Center Moriches, New York, US

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My2FRPA3Gf8

look who directed it at the end of the song. I actually like the song, and the video could  have been done in a different manner and had power to it, it almost does, minus the trashiness. Im not really one to talk about this stuff, but considering this was a new video, I wanted to see what was up. She has to be doing something right to get even ME to look! ha!. What do you guys think? I know most of you have much more important things to do or think about, but most of you also come on here to talk, so here ya go. I dont want this to become some big bashing thing, but I have some time on my hands right now and figured I would ask.

Sep 10 13 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Sep 10 13 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

Aspect By Allanah

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

Got bored after the first half minute.

How can this seriously be the hot topic of world conversation.

Oh look, a young adult exploring his/her sexuality. wooptyfuckindoo

Sep 10 13 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Yawn. That whole riding-a-wrecking-ball bit is soooo 1984. big_smile

Sep 10 13 03:20 pm Link

Model

Lumen Sky

Christopher Hartman wrote:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thread_id=903047

hmm, I guess it is in photo talk bc of Terry? weird

Sep 10 13 03:22 pm Link

Model

Lumen Sky

S K E L E T O N  K E Y wrote:
Got bored after the first half minute.

How can this seriously be the hot topic of world conversation.

Oh look, a young adult exploring his/her sexuality. wooptyfuckindoo

I kind of liked the song. I think she has beauty as well. Would have been nice to see this video done in a different manner. Perhaps minus the red lipstick and with some clothes on. not all, but some more. She could have "helped" her image along a bit. the whole hammer licking was a bit unnecessary and some of her ass shots were a bit Terry like. I wonder who had more of the vision going into this.

Sep 10 13 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

T Brown

Traverse City, Michigan, US

kickfight wrote:

Now, thats more my speed....

Sep 10 13 03:27 pm Link

Model

Magic Forests

New York, New York, US

I thought the video was kind of ick and confusing. Her lipstick is grossish.

Sep 10 13 03:46 pm Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

[yawn]

Sep 10 13 06:01 pm Link

Photographer

Erlinda

London, England, United Kingdom

I like it, the song and video….. (I would prefer if she wasn't liking anything in the video but meh) hmm

Sep 10 13 06:46 pm Link

Model

Lumen Sky

Erlinda wrote:
I like it, the song and video….. (I would prefer if she wasn't liking anything in the video but meh) hmm

I quite like the song and parts of the video.

Sep 10 13 06:50 pm Link

Photographer

Naughty Ties

Riverview, Florida, US

Hot girl in either next to nothing or completely naked? Yep, works for me!

Sep 10 13 06:54 pm Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

I thought her titties were bigger...

roll

Sep 10 13 07:35 pm Link

Photographer

Edge of the Moon

New York, New York, US

The song and video are are OK for me.
She's a bit odd but she's got a great figure though.

She can sit on my wrecking ball any day. borat

Sep 10 13 07:45 pm Link

Photographer

Art Silva

Santa Barbara, California, US

Seeing her on that ball, well lets just say I'd do her... after a few shots and a bag over her face and ear plugs in my ears.

Ohhhh Dayyyummm!

tongue

Sep 10 13 10:08 pm Link

Model

Emil T

Berlin, Berlin, Germany

- Miley, Gaga, Britney, Rihanna - YOU ARE NOT MADONNA!

Some kid licking a hummer in a music video - how low is that... But, well, scandal sells...

Sep 10 13 10:58 pm Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

Antwerp, Antwerp, Belgium

Emil T wrote:

Some kid licking a hummer in a music video - how low is that... But, well, scandal sells...

when did they ever claim that they are madonna?

Sep 11 13 02:51 am Link

Photographer

T Brown

https://img198.imageshack.us/img198/5153/gze0.jpg

Sep 11 13 05:53 pm Link

Model

Lumen Sky

T Brown wrote:
https://img198.imageshack.us/img198/5153/gze0.jpg

great for mm

Sep 12 13 08:49 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Emil T wrote:

Yes and yes.

Sep 12 13 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

Skydancer Photos

Santa Cruz, California, US

As pop videos go, this is one is pretty good.

Not much to say beyond that.

Sep 12 13 08:58 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

The video would be SO much better if it wasn't so literal.

... and that in itself makes the entire visual lame.

Sep 12 13 08:59 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Rifkin

Tampa, Florida, US

kickfight wrote:

And this is much better

Sep 12 13 09:07 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Chris Rifkin wrote:

And this is much better

Not even comparable.

Sep 12 13 09:11 pm Link

Photographer

Skydancer Photos

Santa Cruz, California, US

kickfight wrote:

Chris Rifkin wrote:
And this is much better

Are you serious?

Sep 12 13 09:11 pm Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Skydancer Photos wrote:

kickfight wrote:

Are you serious?

I am.

Sep 12 13 09:12 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

San Diego, California, US

Miley should hire Emily Ratajkowski to play the part of the sexy girl in her music videos.

Sep 12 13 10:37 pm Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

Jules NYC wrote:
The video would be SO much better if it wasn't so literal.

... and that in itself makes the entire visual lame.

it would be SO much better if she didn't try to be a sexkitten in a song that is supposed to be quite strong and emotional. Somehow screaming and crying and pulling your hair in close up, and grinding on a ball and licking a hammer doesn't quite match up... all the deliberately sexy parts just felt so forced and awkward to me.

Then again, I think the parts where she wasn't *trying* to be sexy but just walking around in her undies, she's incredibly sexy.

Also, the person who did her make up should not be allowed to do make up, ever again. horrible job on the lipstick front...

https://whatspoppininpopculture.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/miley-cyrus-wreaking-ball-face.jpg?w=566

Sep 13 13 12:13 am Link

Photographer

Chicchowmein

Palm Beach, Florida, US

Anna Adrielle wrote:

it would be SO much better if she didn't try to be a sexkitten in a song that is supposed to be quite strong and emotional. Somehow screaming and crying and pulling your hair in close up, and grinding on a ball and licking a hammer doesn't quite match up... all the deliberately sexy parts just felt so forced and awkward to me.

Then again, I think the parts where she wasn't *trying* to be sexy but just walking around in her undies, she's incredibly sexy.

Also, the person who did her make up should not be allowed to do make up, ever again. horrible job on the lipstick front...

https://whatspoppininpopculture.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/miley-cyrus-wreaking-ball-face.jpg?w=566

I was mesmerized by the horrible job on the lipstick -- Noticed it right away and fixated on it and couldn't get beyond it.

Though the song was yawn. the video was yawn and I can see why she hypes so damn hard -- and while I think Miley Cyrus is a cute girl, I don't find her sexy.

Didn't do it for me. I did force myself to watch the entire video but I would of normally clicked out after 10 seconds.

Sep 13 13 07:25 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Anna Adrielle wrote:

I didn't find her sexy in any part of the video and I actually like some of her photographs.

Licking a hammer, pseudo-humping the wrecking ball, lol!
I could have thought of so many images/scenes that would have been better for an emotional song.

Plus, Miley doesn't have a face that I want to see THAT up close.  When she smiles all I see are gums.  When shes 'crying' boo hoo!, I see a vacant kid that's doesn't move me at all and doesn't have the physical beauty to go 'Wow'.

If she played off the song like Avril Lavigne, that would have been cool.
... but she's NOT Avril Lavigne, she's a cutsey girl trying to grow up and tell the world she has menstruated.

I like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMbIipvQL0c

It is convincing, the emotion that is and she looks sexy without tryin'.  For that age range, ha.

Sep 13 13 07:31 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Anna Adrielle wrote:

Isn't this a break up song?  should her makeup be perfect?

Sep 13 13 07:34 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Where is the bleeding mascara?  When you cry, that happens man; not supposed to look pristine.  Would have looked cool too imperfect but you know it's imperfect.

Sep 13 13 07:36 am Link

Photographer

Chicchowmein

Palm Beach, Florida, US

Eye makeup maybe but the lipstick in the corner of her mouth is just poorly done

It doesn't look like the makeup of someone that has been crying -- it looks like makeup that has been sloppily applied.

The look is still really a " Clean" Look but the lipstick application is shite.

Sep 13 13 07:40 am Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

hm no, it's quite clear from the rest of the styling, the lighting, the rest of the video, the rest of her face... that is was supposed to be a clean, "edgy" look.

Sep 13 13 08:40 am Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

Chicchowmein wrote:

Eye makeup maybe but the lipstick in the corner of her mouth is just poorly done

It doesn't look like the makeup of someone that has been crying -- it looks like makeup that has been sloppily applied.

The look is still really a " Clean" Look but the lipstick application is shite.

and what is up with her eyelashes??

Sep 13 13 08:40 am Link

Model

Anna Adrielle

Jules NYC wrote:

I didn't find her sexy in any part of the video and I actually like some of her photographs.

Licking a hammer, pseudo-humping the wrecking ball, lol!
I could have thought of so many images/scenes that would have been better for an emotional song.

Plus, Miley doesn't have a face that I want to see THAT up close.  When she smiles all I see are gums.  When shes 'crying' boo hoo!, I see a vacant kid that's doesn't move me at all and doesn't have the physical beauty to go 'Wow'.

If she played off the song like Avril Lavigne, that would have been cool.
... but she's NOT Avril Lavigne, she's a cutsey girl trying to grow up and tell the world she has menstruated.

I like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMbIipvQL0c

It is convincing, the emotion that is and she looks sexy without tryin'.  For that age range, ha.

yeah okay. She's not my type (not that I think she's ugly), I think she has a bit of a babyface, you know? Very sweet and childlike, not this raw woman. I do think another look (instead of the emphasis on the lips) suits her a bit better (all my personal taste, of course). I like her better like this:
https://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/popcrush.com/files/2013/09/miley-cyrus1.jpg

Sep 13 13 08:45 am Link

Photographer

Chicchowmein

Palm Beach, Florida, US

Anna Adrielle wrote:

and what is up with her eyelashes??

Yeah I saw that but I just couldn't get beyond how awful the lips were.

Bloody awful

Sep 13 13 08:47 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Anna Adrielle wrote:

yeah okay. She's not my type (not that I think she's ugly), I think she has a bit of a babyface, you know? Very sweet and childlike, not this raw woman. I do think another look (instead of the emphasis on the lips) suits her a bit better (all my personal taste, of course). I like her better like this:
https://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/popcrush.com/files/2013/09/miley-cyrus1.jpg

She's looking like Justin Bieber...or he's looking like her.

Sep 13 13 08:53 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Anna Adrielle wrote:

Well, we're both not lesbians here LOL but eh.

I just think she's an averagely cute girl/young woman that can photograph very well with the right photographer.

Not an age thing; I just don't find her um, 'all that'.
... but I'm not trying to date her so I could care less what she does/how she behaves/what she looks like.

She has more money than me!

lol

Sep 13 13 09:05 am Link

Photographer

T Brown

Miley needs a real talent like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dEWtpWje28

Sep 13 13 09:12 am Link