Retoucher

Patreshas Editing

Frankston, Victoria, Australia

Aww lol I feel dumb lol sorry hun

Jan 25 14 07:13 pm Link

Photographer

Kerri Jean

Kansas City, Kansas, US

I would gladly help to get the Photographer of the Week contest back on track.  It was always one of my favorites and was well managed.

Also, being an annual winner was truly a great feat.

Jan 25 14 09:40 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

Flux Vision Images wrote:
I would gladly help to get the Photographer of the Week contest back on track.  It was always one of my favorites and was well managed.

Also, being an annual winner was truly a great feat.

We now have the Photographer of the Day contest.

If you want to do a Photographer of the Week contest just send me a CAM and we talk about it.

Jan 25 14 10:46 pm Link

Photographer

Shervivor

Falls Church, Virginia, US

SJH photography wrote:
if you look here Patresha
https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thre … st18725484
especially here
Can we add to that No links to images , if its 18+ use it in MM.s potd18+ only or for a contest that is totally link based only eg Fetish of the week
This will increase use of those contests hopefully  .

I  was not refering to your contest i was refering to contests with links and images , do either 1 or the other only as you have done .
stevie

Please keep the option for 18+ links AND images in those contests that allow 18+ images. Those of us that enter 18+ want the option to remain available. As a voter you do not need to click the link or vote for it, but I would still like the option to enter them when I can. If you turned contests that allow 18+ images into url entry only you will risk low participation in voting because depending on your connection it can take some time to open all the links.

I appreciate all the contest options, but I do wish the entry and voting times were universal and more clear.

Thanks to all who host!

Jan 26 14 12:12 am Link

Photographer

SJH photography

Adeje (Las Americas), Tenerife, Canary Islands

Shervivor wrote:

Please keep the option for 18+ links AND images in those contests that allow 18+ images. Those of us that enter 18+ want the option to remain available. As a voter you do not need to click the link or vote for it, but I would still like the option to enter them when I can. If you turned contests that allow 18+ images into url entry only you will risk low participation in voting because depending on your connection it can take some time to open all the links.

I appreciate all the contest options, but I do wish the entry and voting times were universal and more clear.

Thanks to all who host!

Its only a discussion at this moment in time to see what people want and dont want .
When JoJo and myself have thrashed a few ideas around we will chat with the hosts and see what can be done .
The more ideas we have the better the discussion  and ultimately a better forum, contests and participation .
stevie

Jan 26 14 06:16 am Link

Photographer

Kerri Jean

Kansas City, Kansas, US

JoJo wrote:
We now have the Photographer of the Day contest.

If you want to do a Photographer of the Week contest just send me a CAM and we talk about it.

Will do.

Jan 26 14 09:16 am Link

Photographer

DaveDavis

Manteca, California, US

Shervivor wrote:

Thanks to all who host!

Yes, I think I would have to agree with Shervivor, regarding both images + links to 18+
DAOTD gets bloody sometime LOL 

Dave

Jan 26 14 02:11 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

SJH photography wrote:
Its only a discussion at this moment in time to see what people want and dont want .
When JoJo and myself have thrashed a few ideas around we will chat with the hosts and see what can be done .
The more ideas we have the better the discussion  and ultimately a better forum, contests and participation .
stevie

Let me clarify... what Stevie and I are doing is taking the concerns and suggestions from the Hosts of the contests on how to make the forum-based contests better.
Stevie and I are throwing suggestions into the discussion just like everyone else.

Jan 26 14 11:31 pm Link

Model

JoJo

Clearwater, Florida, US

DaveDavis wrote:
Yes, I think I would have to agree with Shervivor, regarding both images + links to 18+
DAOTD gets bloody sometime LOL 

Dave

Got to watch the "blood and gore" images - remember, they are viewed as M/18+ by MM/IB and as such they need to be entered as URLs only.

Jan 26 14 11:33 pm Link

Photographer

DaveDavis

Manteca, California, US

JoJo wrote:
Got to watch the "blood and gore" images - remember, they are viewed as M/18+ by MM/IB and as such they need to be entered as URLs only.

Yes, that my point and so I vote, Please keep links to 18+ and Images (not 18+).

Jan 27 14 06:14 am Link

Photographer

Erin Koski

Ojai, California, US

Note: DIOTD (Dark Image of the Day) is link-only, no [img] tags so that does help.  And I do still ask that blood/gore be marked as 18+ just like nudity.

smile

Jan 27 14 06:14 am Link

Photographer

SJH photography

JoJo wrote:

Not forgetting bondage either should be marked 18+ last week i had to hide 2 in 1 day  on 1 contest alone due to this .
Now do you see where JoJo and me are coming from regarding contests with links and images .
stevie
JoJo and myself are doing this to help the contests we are proud of this little corner of the site  and trying to make it even better .

Jan 27 14 06:22 am Link

Model

Marla Pandora

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

Ok, how about this.. Take away the 'Forum-Based Contests - Host List' from the board (it will show why below) and have something like this:

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2891/12175018224_acc52e9358_n.jpg

-'Contest Forum Rules'  -  Updated version: standardize the rules (start/finish and submitting/voting times) etc..

-'Daily Contests' - Based on JoJo's suggestion in this thread, we could have something like this:

DAILY CONTESTS - ENTER & VOTE HERE

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5519/10312454465_932d0ce3cc_s.jpg Picture of the Day (Original Edition)

HOSTS: Albertex Photography - SJH photography

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3775/12115998465_65bdbd5952_s.jpg B&W Photo of the Day

HOSTS: Dark1 Photography - Foto Door Photography - SJH photography

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3724/12116292263_d30a94c8ea_s.jpg Headshot of the Day

HOST: SMASHphotos

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7312/10306952993_64fcca8948_s.jpg Concept Shot of the Day

HOST: Blue Ash Film Group - Timillia

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7353/12116654776_2e62ab11cb_s.jpg Photographer of the Day

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3674/10312479156_0fbfab266a_s.jpg Model of the Day

HOSTS: SJH photography - Albertex Photography - Tara Jayne Mullins

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7293/10689391826_6d52a890bb_s.jpgFashion Photo of the Day

HOSTS: Marlene Potfer - SJH photography

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7367/10689338625_93c967cb9d_s.jpg Glamour Photo of the Day

HOSTS: Marlene Potfer - SJH photography

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3721/12116292293_db7e349a1d_s.jpg Dark Image of the Day

HOST: Erin Koski

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3787/12116654796_8cc92d05cc_s.jpg Animal Picture of the Day

HOST: Peter Schroeder

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3674/12116392184_237e00c567_s.jpg Retoucher Of The Day

HOST: Patreshas Editing

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5546/12116654986_f3d9c8498d_t.jpg Digital Artist of the Day

HOST: DaveDavis

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5476/12116392404_01e80108a5_t.jpg Artistic Shot of the Day

HOST: Patreshas Editing

1- In regards to which order the contests are showing up, I honestly don't care. We could have them starting from the older one to the newest one as suggested by Stevie or we could just keep it the way it is, either way it doesn't bother me.. or if someone can think of another option, please share your thoughts.

2- For the contests that are posting a new thread daily, how about:
Start a new thread named (for example): 'Reserved for Daily Thread Contests Hosts'. Each Host would make one post for their contest, and each day they will just have to edit their post and copy the link to their new thread. Each of these post would be linked to their respective contest in the 'Daily Contests' thread. It would not require a lot of work from the Host, it would be simply copying and pasting a link. I'm not sure if I've explained myself very well so here's an example:

Erin, Host of Dark Image of the Day post in the 'Reserved for Daily Thread Contests Hosts' thread:

Dark Image of the Day - Post Your Entry Here:

[ link to the daily thread here - to be edited daily ]

Today's date: to edit daily (optional)
Today's theme: to edit daily(optional)
*Another option to add to this post would be the link to the winning gallery.

And the link to this post (since its always the same post that will be edited) will be linked to the 'Dark Image of the Day' showing on the list in the 'Daily Contests' thread, with the other contests.

-'Weekly Contests' and 'Monthly Contests' threads will be in the same format as above.

-'PotD and PotD18+ winners badges' stay the same.

-'Ask Questions Here'. It would be easier to have this thread here.

-It would also be useful to pin the 'PotD18+ Discussion Thread'.

Please let me know your thoughts and/or suggestions..

Marlene smile

Jan 27 14 11:03 am Link

Photographer

Kerri Jean

Kansas City, Kansas, US

If any thread creators or moderators need assistance, I'm typically online (I'm retired military with little else to do when I'm not shooting)

Edit: Would an Avant-Garde or Creative Photo of the Day category be too much?  I've noticed the Artistic photo of the day, but that seems to be more directed towards digital art.

Jan 27 14 12:52 pm Link

Photographer

Kerri Jean

Kansas City, Kansas, US

Marlene - the grouping sounds fantastic.  A much easier way to find particular contests.

Maybe even Dark Image of the Day in it's own group (and/or others that have their own "of the day" contests)

Jan 27 14 12:56 pm Link

Photographer

SJH photography

If any thread creators or moderators need assistance, I'm typically online (I'm retired military with little else to do when I'm not shooting)

Im thinking on that one  smile .

( if your ex military didnt they teach you never to volunteer wink   )

stevie

Jan 27 14 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

DaveDavis

Manteca, California, US

SJH photography wrote:

if you look here Patresha
https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thre … st18725484
especially here
Can we add to that No links to images , if its 18+ use it in MM.s potd18+ only or for a contest that is totally link based only eg Fetish of the week
This will increase use of those contests hopefully  .

I  was not refering to your contest i was refering to contests with links and images , do either 1 or the other only as you have done .
stevie

I can see that working in your contest Stevie, but that will kill DAOTD, especially sense simple blood or the middle finger is 18+. 
Dave

Jan 27 14 01:38 pm Link

Photographer

DaveDavis

Manteca, California, US

Speaking of questions smile

Is it possible for the DAOTD contest to go back to this award banner?

https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b359/tytaniafairy/Medal_Pattern_by_Omphaloskepsis99.jpg

I have tried to do some research as to why/whomever dropped it, but nobody seems to know.. The last time I see it used "officially" was something like Nov 2011, although several old timers are still using it!

Thx
Dave

Jan 27 14 01:44 pm Link

Photographer

SJH photography

DaveDavis wrote:

I can see that working in your contest Stevie, but that will kill DAOTD, especially sense simple blood or the middle finger is 18+. 
Dave

Thats fine all im doing is chuking ideas out there . if the Hosts want to keep links as the messages here prove they do , thats perfect , we keep it as that contest host wants .
All im saying is if there is a mix some try to push the boundaries and not link images that are 18+ .
stevie

Jan 27 14 01:48 pm Link

Photographer

SJH photography

DaveDavis wrote:

https://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b359/tytaniafairy/Medal_Pattern_by_Omphaloskepsis99.jpg

I have tried to do some research as to why/whomever dropped it, but nobody seems to know.. The last time I see it used "officially" was something like Nov 2011, although several old timers are still using it!

Thx
Dave

Can you get me a few links to peeps who have it so i can go and do some digging .
The reason i am saying this is its not on mm servers and so belongs to someone somewhere on here at the min or in the past  .
If i get a few links i can ask around and see what we can do for you .

Jan 27 14 01:53 pm Link

Photographer

Shervivor

Falls Church, Virginia, US

Marlene Potfer wrote:
1- In regards to which order the contests are showing up, I honestly don't care. We could have them starting from the older one to the newest one as suggested by Stevie or we could just keep it the way it is, either way it doesn't bother me.. or if someone can think of another option, please share your thoughts.

Please let me know your thoughts and/or suggestions..

Marlene smile

When in doubt and you want to be fair, alphabetize! It is the system I always revert to at my day job so no feathers get ruffled. smile

Jan 27 14 03:26 pm Link

Photographer

SJH photography

Shervivor wrote:

When in doubt and you want to be fair, alphabetize! It is the system I always revert to at my day job so no feathers get ruffled. smile

thats how I do the winners but sadly when half the contests start with mm

thats why I said go from oldest first they been here and still here so give them their dues .

Jan 27 14 04:54 pm Link

Photographer

DaveDavis

Manteca, California, US

DaveDavis wrote:

Thx
Dave

OK so according to the most resent X Host,  "the gang" was getting tired of it and someone came up with the trophy.  After doing so everyone bitched and wanted the original banner back, but for some reason he never switched back..  There are no copyright issues, Tytanifairy designed it. I believe I can supply a working link to Tytanifairy, if you would like to verify this for yourself...

And we want to switch back to this one (linked above) smile
It is not on the MM servers...

Thanks
Dave

Jan 27 14 05:22 pm Link

Jan 27 14 05:38 pm Link

Photographer

SJH photography

DaveDavis wrote:
Thx
Dave

Tytanifairy designed it. I believe I can supply a working link to Tytanifairy, if you would like to verify this for yourself...

Thanks
Dave

Yes we need that .We can then have it assisgned to the contest and get it on a MM server .
I know many will see it as its just a medal but its copywrite , i hope you understand as you are all artists and know how much your work means to you .
When we have verification if the artist wants credit alongside his medal please oblige
stevie

Jan 27 14 07:56 pm Link

Model

Marla Pandora

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom

Edit: Would an Avant-Garde or Creative Photo of the Day category be too much?  I've noticed the Artistic photo of the day, but that seems to be more directed towards digital art.

I personally think that having a 'Creative Photo of the Day' would be too similar to the 'Artistic Shot of the Day'. Yes, there is some digital work posted in this contest but not all of it. Plus there is the 'Digital Artist of the Day' contest which is where most of the digital art work is posted smile

Marlene - the grouping sounds fantastic.  A much easier way to find particular contests.

Maybe even Dark Image of the Day in it's own group (and/or others that have their own "of the day" contests)

I'm glad you like it smile The layout I made was based on JoJo's suggestion here: https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thre … st18727162
I thought that having something like this on the main board would make things easier to find. And its easy as well to find the Hosts of each contest.

That's an idea... Ask the Hosts of the 'daily thread contests' if they would prefer having their contest showing in the main 'Daily Contests' thread, or have a thread made for the 'daily thread contests' only.. it still would be a 'daily contest' though..

SJH photography wrote:
thats how I do the winners but sadly when half the contests start with mm
thats why I said go from oldest first they been here and still here so give them their dues .

Stevie, in the template I've shown above, I took out all the ''MM'', ''ALL NEW'' etc... wink

Shervivor wrote:

Yes, I myself always look at things in alphabetical order... However, as Bill already mentioned in this thread:

P O T T S wrote:
I was going to suggest alphabetical order, but then someone would want to start the AAA Absolute Amazing Image of the Day.

lol But I think that's a fair point. It would be sad indeed to start a contest starting with A just to be on the top of the list but it could (and probably would) happen!

Mike Kelcher wrote:
I like this idea.

smile

Jan 28 14 01:24 am Link

Retoucher

Patreshas Editing

Frankston, Victoria, Australia

My artistic shot of the day is for All Profile types so that is why it is called Artistic shot of the day creating a creative photo of the day would be identical to what i have created hun

Below is my Brief Description I have in my contest on the first page

Brief description
Artistic shot clarification for each profile type
Artist/painter - amazing 20/10 artwork
Body Painter - Must be able to transform the model into exceptional art
Model - Artistic poses which can be but not limited to elongated poses, poses that are In an artistic way, dress up etc
Photographers - Photographs of a model where there could be big hats big make up top model type stuff
Make-up Artist and Hair stylist - must only submit their images from a professional shoot
Big hair big bright top model make up
Clothing designers - must only submit their images from a professional shoot
Digital Artist - just do your thing must look out of this world
Retoucher - this is your time to shine and make sure you can clearly see depth to your images

Jan 28 14 02:26 am Link

Photographer

FJR Photography

Pekin, Indiana, US

SJH photography wrote:

DaveDavis wrote:
Thx
Dave

Tytanifairy designed it. I believe I can supply a working link to Tytanifairy, if you would like to verify this for yourself...

Thanks
Dave

Yes we need that .We can then have it assisgned to the contest and get it on a MM server .
I know many will see it as its just a medal but its copywrite , i hope you understand as you are all artists and know how much your work means to you .
When we have verification if the artist wants credit alongside his medal please oblige
stevie

The original award for DAOTD was being used when I took the contest over. That particular design had been used when Tytaniafairy and VOP were running the contest.

To the best of my knowledge there are no copyright issues and there should be no problem re-instating it.

The award was designed by Chasity (Tytaniafairy). If you want I can ask her as we speak on an almost daily basis.

Fred

Jan 28 14 03:51 am Link

Photographer

SJH photography

FJR Photography wrote:
The original award for DAOTD was being used when I took the contest over. That particular design had been used when Tytaniafairy and VOP were running the contest.

To the best of my knowledge there are no copyright issues and there should be no problem re-instating it.

The award was designed by Chasity (Tytaniafairy). If you want I can ask her as we speak on an almost daily basis.

Fred

Thank you for your very prompt and quick reply Fred .
  If you could ask her for us as you speak daily it would be perfect so there could be no future issues, which i very seriously doubt but better to be safe than sorry .

Dave i think if she gives the go ahead a nice credit by the medal in the contest is a nice touch .
stevie

Jan 28 14 04:13 am Link

Photographer

DaveDavis

Manteca, California, US

SJH photography wrote:
Dave i think if she gives the go ahead a nice credit by the medal in the contest is a nice touch .
stevie

Awesome!

Thanks so much for the digging through this Fred!

Dave

Jan 28 14 06:05 am Link

Photographer

Albertex Photography

Mansfield, Texas, US

For DAOTD I use both but here is the link to the original.  I do like it better: http://www.griffinbikini.com/mm/digital.jpg

Jan 28 14 07:43 am Link

Photographer

Tytaniafairy

Evansville, Indiana, US

Hey you all and dave , steve etc , you can use the medal , I made it and do not have a problem with the usage of it since I was the original one who started the contest in the first place . SO go right on ahead . thank and godbless .

Jan 28 14 09:27 am Link

Photographer

SJH photography

Tytaniafairy wrote:
Hey you all and dave , steve etc , you can use the medal , I made it and do not have a problem with the usage of it since I was the original one who started the contest in the first place . SO go right on ahead . thank and godbless .

Thank you for that .So there you go Davedavis

And a big thank you to Fred from FJR Photography for all his work in getting this sorted for all ,and its so good to see you back in here smile

Jan 28 14 09:49 am Link

Photographer

Foto Door ARMADA

Portland, Oregon, US

I now have a break in my schedule (for Feb). Although fairly unrelated if any of the contest admins here would like a redesign of badges, let me know. A lot of you asked before but I had no time (at the time). An overall universal look for all contest badges may be good. Or simply message me stating..."we don't need no stinking badges!"

Jan 28 14 11:23 am Link

Photographer

SJH photography

Dark1 Photography wrote:
I now have a break in my schedule (for Feb). Although fairly unrelated if any of the contest admins here would like a redesign of badges, let me know. A lot of you asked before but I had no time (at the time). An overall universal look for all contest badges may be good. Or simply message me stating..."we don't need no stinking badges!"

Have a look at model of the day see what you can come up with there , not sure if Bill wants a new for potd , pm him
good idea to get universal looking badges
stevie

Jan 28 14 11:28 am Link

Photographer

DaveDavis

Manteca, California, US

SJH photography wrote:

Thank you for that .So there you go Davedavis

And a big thank you to Fred from FJR Photography for all his work in getting this sorted for all ,and its so good to see you back in here smile

Thanks so much to all for your assistance with this smile
You all Rock!

Dave

Jan 28 14 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

Albertex Photography

Mansfield, Texas, US

SJH photography wrote:

Have a look at model of the day see what you can come up with there , not sure if Bill wants a new for potd , pm him
good idea to get universal looking badges
stevie

I am not against the possibility of a new badge for POTD OE.  I think I will do a straw pole about it in the contest.

Feb 02 14 06:51 am Link

Photographer

SJH photography

Albertex Photography wrote:

I am not against the possibility of a new badge for POTD OE.  I think I will do a straw pole about it in the contest.

Sorry Bill i was refering to photographer of the day sorry for any confusion

Feb 02 14 06:54 am Link

Photographer

Camerosity

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

Marlene Potfer wrote:

DAILY CONTESTS - ENTER & VOTE HERE

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5519/10312454465_932d0ce3cc_s.jpg Picture of the Day (Original Edition)

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3775/12115998465_65bdbd5952_s.jpg B&W Photo of the Day

HOSTS: Dark1 Photography - Foto Door Photography - SJH photography

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3724/12116292263_d30a94c8ea_s.jpg Headshot of the Day

HOST: SMASHphotos

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7312/10306952993_64fcca8948_s.jpg Concept Shot of the Day

HOST: Blue Ash Film Group - Timillia

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7353/12116654776_2e62ab11cb_s.jpg Photographer of the Day

Marlene smile

Mike Kelcher wrote:
I like this idea.

Me too. I think this is a great idea. I’m not gonna tell you how many forum threads I’m subscribed to, but it’s way too many to use my list of forum subscriptions to find the contests every day.

I would suggest a further refinement – dividing those into contests that do not allow 18+ images (at the top) and those that allow 18+ entries by link (at the bottom).

If ending times are standardized, that would take care of the one remaining variation in rules. If not, the start/end times for each contest could be included in the list. (Maybe with a clock showing the time remaining to enter/vote. Just kidding.)

Give it a fixed location where it’s quick and easy to find every day.

I also have a premium account that allows five forum subscriptions. I’ve used those for five contests. (I still have the old Model of the Day link on that list).  So I go to the other account, open my list of forum threads, then come back here to vote. That limits me to five (now four) contests without digging into Forums to find the others.

A few months ago there was a thread criticizing the management of the forum-based contests. One of the criticisms was last-minute voting, which was described as “power brokering.”. (That could be eliminated by not allowing votes during the final two hours of the voting period, but that kinda defeats the purpose of the voting period.)

I have never been a morning person. In fact, sometimes I close my Photoshop and go to bed after the sun comes up. Contest voting has become a part of my late-night routine. For two weeks I tried to vote earlier. Four times during that two weeks I caught myself voting twice in one or more contests. (The fourth time I didn’t catch it in time to delete my duplicate votes and was duly chastised.) So I went back to voting around 11pm.

My shoots typically end around 9-11pm. Sometimes I go to the City Diner for breakfast after a shoot. I often get home just in time to vote. (A couple of nights ago I got in at 12:15am – and I had a photo entered from another account.)

Of course by 11pm (Central) voting has already closed on the Model of the Day and Headshot of the Day competitions – so I rarely vote in those contests.

The Concept Photo of the Day Contest can be difficult to find, because it is a moving target. New thread and new link every day. I can’t tell you how many times I have seen a contest that I would have entered – after the entry period had ended.

I’m not complaining. I don’t expect the contests to be organized for my convenience. I’m just explaining why I sometimes enter and/or vote in some contests and not others, etc. Maybe some of the same reasons apply to others.

Looking at all the entries and voting in contests can take up to an hour per day. I can only imagine how much time the forum hosts spend on contests on a daily basis for what is pretty much a thankless job. All our thanks should go out to all of them. Mine do!

Feb 19 14 11:01 pm Link