Forums > Critique > Critique that won't quit.

Photographer

Ella Wilkes Photography

Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia

Axioma wrote:
liked smile

Thanks, so here is a full review. Your bio is good, short snappy and to the point, but I wonder if maybe a little padding there would be good? How long you have been doing it, where you want your modeling to take you(besides traveling wink ) though it is nice to see your inspirations and that you don't have of list of credits as long as my leg.

Your portfolio now; wow, you have a ridiculously gorgeous face! So much killer bone structure! Amazing. You also have great control over it and your beauty shots are so lovely. You have an edge to your poses and the way you hold yourself in your images that is hard to describe, elegance is the closest word I can find. Stunning work and if you ever decide to add Sydney to your travels I would love to.work with you.

Feb 02 14 11:53 am Link

Photographer

Ella Wilkes Photography

Rik Williams wrote:
Ok then smile

You have had some very beautiful models and captured them wonderfully! You obviously have a wonderful understanding of studio lighting and you have some real variation with it, the difference from image to image is great. This is one of the most gorgeous head shot! https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/33744993 and a few other of your inages really caught my eye. You seem to have studio down, so despite their undeniable appeal I find myself most curious by your out door works. There is a certain unpredictability about it and it's lovely.

All in all, well constructed port and some images are true art, like this https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/33288282

Feb 02 14 12:22 pm Link

Photographer

Thornwood Studio

San Diego, California, US

I'm curious to know how I rank, in your opinion , so go for it.

Feb 02 14 12:47 pm Link

Photographer

Risen Phoenix Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

I shoot fine art and would love to knOw

Feb 02 14 01:31 pm Link

Photographer

Ella Wilkes Photography

SEI Photos wrote:
If you're still doing this, then take a gander.

Still am, as I said, not quitting wink
Ok, well you have some lovely work, but you need to ditch that blue backdrop, the images are lovely but it looks like a bad school photo backdrop, sorry sad also tru not to overuse the collage format, it can look messy like here, https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/33669582 this set looks awesome and there is some sexy as hell stuff there but you can't see it, you can't enjoy the individual gorgeousness of the images and that's a shame because they are some wonderful images. The bottom right for example, that image is amazing!!! You pay to have more images, don't ruin it with jamming all the images in one.

Now the good stuff, there is heaps of it, you have some awesome POV's and angles of shooting, I like how you use window light and you have some diversity to your models and their body types, its refreshing. 

All in all I like your style and your port some really pretty and sensual works.

Feb 02 14 01:33 pm Link

Photographer

Sven Lori

Brussels, Brussels, Belgium

This sounds very interesting.

I am in :-)

Feb 02 14 01:36 pm Link

Photographer

Rik Williams

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Ella Wilkes Photography wrote:

You have had some very beautiful models and captured them wonderfully! You obviously have a wonderful understanding of studio lighting and you have some real variation with it, the difference from image to image is great. This is one of the most gorgeous head shot! https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/33744993 and a few other of your inages really caught my eye. You seem to have studio down, so despite their undeniable appeal I find myself most curious by your out door works. There is a certain unpredictability about it and it's lovely.

All in all, well constructed port and some images are true art, like this https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/33288282

Thank you so much Ella, you're too sweet X
All the best with your portfolio building, if you ever need an opinion don't be afraid to drop me a PM.

Feb 02 14 01:48 pm Link

Model

W I L L O W

Portland, Oregon, US

I am truly sorry! And after seeing your port I am more sorry! You are the kind of.model that photographers like me dream of. Not only is your look brilliant but you also have amazing body control, elegant sex appeal and a stunning face that you can really work! Your port is diverse and beautiful, you have great range. Again I am truly sorry, I really enjoyed your work!

Aw!  Thank you!  You made  my day smile

Feb 02 14 05:07 pm Link

Photographer

Ella Wilkes Photography

Konjo Kalonji wrote:
Interested to know

Well I love your avatar, let me start there, very strong and a unique angle for a head shot, love the light there too. You have a beautiful port that is different and deaws me in, I like your "movement" shots, like this one https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30122909 takes a stunningly made up face to a whole different level.
You hava very artist eye for concepts an  even your more fashion based work is still has that touch.
Really a simple, elegant and lovely collection of images.

Feb 04 14 12:57 pm Link

Model

Emily Anne Menke

New York, New York, US

I'll have a go smile

Feb 04 14 01:01 pm Link

Photographer

Ella Wilkes Photography

Marlene Potfer wrote:
If you have the time then I'd love to hear your thoughts smile

Hello again Marlene,
I adore your port. You have such range, I thought that last time I saw it. Your body paint set are so string, you pull that character off wonderfuly, that snarl/roar especially. Your face is gorgeous and can really do heaps of different types of beauty and have a nice natural smile.
You obviously work hard on keeping fit and it shows. Gorgeous model and portfolio.

Feb 04 14 01:05 pm Link

Photographer

Ella Wilkes Photography

Robert T Photography wrote:
I'm in.

Wow, someone knows how to do b&w! Beautiful! Though if it was me I would maybe organize your image view so they aren't all crammed together, its makes it a little harder to distinguish between so maybe sprinkle a few of the bottom images in the top to break up the sea of grey tones?
Now your work itself- wow! I have seen a few lace shots before but this is one of the best! https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/3762401 amazing placement for her eyes and mouth with the pattern.
Also, I have to say I really dont like the whole blotchy backdrop thing, it reminds me of school photos. in the blackand white it is less obvious, except here, https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/25231467 I really wish I couldn't see the front edge, its distracting from this stunning image.
You obviously know your studio space well. Nice work.

Feb 04 14 01:12 pm Link

Photographer

BHenz Photography

Middletown, Ohio, US

I would love some thoughts and critique on my work so far...

Feb 04 14 08:33 pm Link

Model

Lela Jesse

Shasta Lake, California, US

I'd love for you to critique my photos! Thank you!

Feb 04 14 08:36 pm Link

Photographer

SEAK Photography

Abbeville, Alabama, US

Take a look - I'd value your thoughts.

Feb 04 14 08:53 pm Link

Model

Eleanor Rose

PASO ROBLES, California, US

I liked you. smile Thanks in advance!

Feb 05 14 12:09 am Link

Photographer

Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands

What do you think?

Feb 05 14 01:52 am Link

Model

Willum Lackey

Dallas, Texas, US

There seems to be some great insight being given in this thread, I'll wait for my turn!

Thank you in advance!

Willum

Feb 05 14 07:22 am Link

Photographer

Ella Wilkes Photography

Thornwood Street Studio wrote:
I'm curious to know how I rank, in your opinion , so go for it.

You have a really lovely studio portfolio. You haven't overdone any retouching which is nice to see and you have a few stunning nudes in there. Though, unsure of the frame on the Irish Lass image, the image its self it amazing, beautiful colour, light and the model is gorgeous but the frame that you have used is not as elegant as some of your other works.
I love this shot! https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/35101636 it is a raw and blunt headshot. The model it stunning and you captured her so well! Your retouch on that shot looks nice and natural too.
Maybe adventure outside would test your wll honed skills? smile

Feb 05 14 02:57 pm Link

Photographer

Ella Wilkes Photography

Risen Phoenix Photo wrote:
I shoot fine art and would love to knOw

You really do! Beautiful work! I think your work is so beautiful, it reminds me of the gallery pieces that inspired me as a teen to go down this path, especially here! https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34742939 that pose andthe angle at which you have shot is glorious. I am lost in it. I would maybe suggest trimming your port a little, there are a few duplicates and ones that feel a little like duplicates and it takes the viewer away from the stunning work.
Your outdoor shots are beautiful and you obviously use varied light sources and its lovely diversity.

Feb 05 14 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

R Byron Johnson

Norman, Oklahoma, US

Shoot it.

Feb 05 14 11:40 pm Link

Photographer

Michael McGowan

Tucson, Arizona, US

It'd be interesting to see what you have to say. Feel free to look at the credited photos, too.

Feb 05 14 11:48 pm Link

Photographer

mjartphotography

Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom

As your comments are from an artistic point of view, I would love to know your opinion.

All the best.

Feb 06 14 12:20 am Link

Photographer

Camabs

Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands

please tell me

Feb 06 14 01:24 am Link

Photographer

Maria J Campos

Tilburg, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands

Amazing! I sit on each port and try to find something I can point out that in my veiw makes not as wonderful as it could be, but with your images I can't fault them. They are stunning! This image is so powerful! I don't want to stop staring at it! https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34421962

I also find your lighting very elegant, especially here https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/33744993 and the fashion designer you worked with is very skilled.

You obviously have a great eye for composition and its beautiful, though maybe change your avatar? I don't think your current one, despite being beautiful, doesn't represent your port as well as it could.

Have a lovely day smile

Thank you very much! I agree with the avatar, I usually change it once in a while smile

Feb 06 14 02:20 am Link

Photographer

Ella Wilkes Photography

FlashJoerg - Sven Lori wrote:
This sounds very interesting.

I am in :-)

Oh, wow. Your portfolio is like an exhibition at a gallery. You have some unbelievably beautiful work. I love the difference in emotions and the thought provoking nature of your concepts. I see people interpreting your pieces differently to myself, like here, www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34188999 someone has made angel references, for me I read a deep religious meaning in her pose and link it with the pink and the rights of women, but I doubt this was your intention. However this is a sign if great art, many meaning, many provoking thoughts and your port does that for me.
You also have a wonderful rage of emotion and you use black and white to really emphasize that, like here, https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34189101 also another powerful theme and wow, stunning!!
I really enjoyed your portfolio! As you can probably tell by all the images added to lists, gorgeous work.

Feb 06 14 09:58 pm Link

Photographer

Ella Wilkes Photography

Emily Ann Titus wrote:
I'll have a go smile

Ok, well it's a little hard from your limited shots, however even from those I can tell you have stellar potential! Your avatar is elegant and shows long angles and a great ability to pose, such as the length in your neck and very beautiful hands extension. I would love to see you in colour, try and reach out to local photogs and see if you can do some different work, your gorgeous and should be out practicing. Your features are very strong, keep up the good work.

Feb 06 14 10:05 pm Link

Model

Meghan Congdon

Austin, Texas, US

I'd love your input smile

Feb 06 14 10:12 pm Link

Photographer

Ella Wilkes Photography

BHenz Photography wrote:
I would love some thoughts and critique on my work so far...

I have been excited to see your port since you posted, very cool avatar! Though where is it? Such a killer shot and it's hard to find, in fact, I can't find it. And the rest of your port also doesn't disappoint! Cool models and great concepts!!
Also be aware of inages that almost look like duplicates, there is some in the first album, I know they are different images but you have to like one a little more smile same in your third album, you have dublicates.
Some of your props are great, so dark and definitely up my ally! Love the snake, the skulls, the bat, the spider and the creepy doll! You have a unique way of thinking. Love your cross of sexy and dark https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34683879
I would have maybe removed the crinkle in the backdrop here https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/30425035 its distracting from your beautiful model and well placed spot.
This shot is amazing!! https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34710587 so well done! Great light, great composition and perfect capture of the model!!
I would say maybe cut your port down a little, there is a few to many things taking away from your best stuff.
All in all your port is amazing, this shot is my favorite, https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34902406 another amazing prop, just be wary of relying on props to much, they can feel stale sone times however you have enough amazing prop-less work to show you don't need them. Love your stuff.

Feb 06 14 10:27 pm Link

Photographer

Ella Wilkes Photography

Lela Jesse wrote:
I'd love for you to critique my photos! Thank you!

Ok smile
My goodness you have a beautiful face, your lips and jaw line, just beautiful! So classic and strong, mind blowing! I just want to shoot your features! You have gorgeous curves and a pout that puts most pin up girls to shame.
All in all I can't find a fault, lovely work.

Feb 06 14 10:34 pm Link

Model

Lela Jesse

Shasta Lake, California, US

Ok smile
My goodness you have a beautiful face, your lips and jaw line, just beautiful! So classic and strong, mind blowing! I just want to shoot your features! You have gorgeous curves and a pout that puts most pin up girls to shame.
All in all I can't find a fault, lovely work.

Thank you so much Ella. I really appreciate your sweet words!

Feb 06 14 10:40 pm Link

Photographer

Ella Wilkes Photography

Steve SEAK wrote:
Take a look - I'd value your thoughts.

My honest critique, shoot more models, your other shots are very amazing and well done but you need a port of at least 90% models in my opinion. Your avatar and this shot https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34975469 are well done and are beautiful portraits. Put a call out in your area and see what you can do, and be aware some of your images look a little dark, like here, for the smiley happy nature of the shot I would have liked to see the brightness up a little, the emotions on their faces don't match the tone.
You have a good skill, you just need to focus on models a little more smile

Feb 06 14 10:43 pm Link

Photographer

Ella Wilkes Photography

Lela Jesse wrote:
Thank you so much Ella. I really appreciate your sweet words!

Your very welcome, they are all true, I wanted to find more to write but I couldn't smile there was no need

Feb 06 14 10:45 pm Link

Photographer

Risen Phoenix Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

You really do! Beautiful work! I think your work is so beautiful, it reminds me of the gallery pieces that inspired me as a teen to go down this path, especially here! https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34742939 that pose andthe angle at which you have shot is glorious. I am lost in it. I would maybe suggest trimming your port a little, there are a few duplicates and ones that feel a little like duplicates and it takes the viewer away from the stunning work.
Your outdoor shots are beautiful and you obviously use varied light sources and its lovely diversity.

Thank you that means alot

Feb 07 14 11:24 am Link

Photographer

Ella Wilkes Photography

Eleanor R wrote:
I liked you. smile Thanks in advance!

Why thank you smile

Ok, so your profile is great, I have not seen a models Bio as good as yours, its extensive, informative and easy to read, you also made me giggle a little. I like the information you have shared about yourself and you are obviously passionate and it shows and please if you ever find.yourself in Aus look me up.
I like that you don't feel the need to have a list of credits as long as a limb, that makes your profile nice and neat. All in all great Bio and such and some cool lists smile

Now your pics, Woah! Such a killer port! You have a stunning ability to pose and have a keen awareness of what ever single inch is doing, this shot I think shows that best, https://www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/28911909 that pose with the space is amazing. I love your curves and how you still are open and push yourself. Your avatar is really beautiful and draws me in.
Your port is beautiful as are you, I really enjoyed reading about you and looking through your images smile

Feb 08 14 12:56 pm Link

Photographer

Ella Wilkes Photography

Joris van der Ploeg wrote:
What do you think?

Some of your work is beautiful, some I feel I am looking almost at the same thing over and over. The lighting method you have used is well done and the images are great but you have to many with the same tone and expression.
These pics however are amazing! www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34877970 so soft and tender, really hits the emotions, beautiful.
I really think the intense colour here is unbelievably stunning and draws.me right to this shot.
and here you have the same stark look and harse look but the white and different light is gorgeous, her eyes make you never want to stop staring because you want desperately to know the story in the sad eyes www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/32671559 definitely vouge worthy.

You have a gorgeous talent for the black and white.

Feb 08 14 01:05 pm Link

Photographer

Ella Wilkes Photography

Willum Lackey wrote:
There seems to be some great insight being given in this thread, I'll wait for my turn!

Thank you in advance!

Willum

Why thank you, I try smile I just trype what I feel.
I have to admit, when you first posted I wanted to skip all the others for the other avatar you had, that image! It made me think, I couldn't help but be drawn to your amazing features great hair and cheek bones there, I'm not sure if I am as much of a fan of this black and white, its not as attention grabbing. There is something about your face with the shadows, I just love it. Otherwise your port is pretty good. Your b&w avatar is an amazing fashion shot and you look great there.
I really like this www.modelmayhem.com/portfolio/pic/34596761 there is something about your expression that tells something, it's nit just a guy in a cool outfit, there is something being told in your eyes and its nice.to see male models dressed like this and still looking masculine.
You have beautiful eyes, strong bone structure and a cool look, I like your longer hair better and don't forget to smile sometimes wink

Feb 08 14 01:15 pm Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

I'd simply love to know your thoughts. smile  You can look at my credited images as well if you like, as there are more of those than there are shots in my own portfolio at the moment.

Feb 08 14 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

Ella Wilkes Photography

R Byron Johnson wrote:
Shoot it.

Umm... I would if I could sad
"Unable to show profile #2918335
This member is either awaiting approval or has removed their profile from the site."

Feb 08 14 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

H B P

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I'm down, if you have some time.

Feb 08 14 01:42 pm Link