Forums > Events > Hocking Hills Group Shoot May 10, 2014

Photographer

Commercial Works Photo

Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, US

This will be my last official shoot as a MM photographer. Seems everyone wants to "be" a model but not get out there and actually model--At least in my area. I might still do the HH events if Ex MM photographers can join just because I like Hocking Hills, and Jim and his family are wonderful people.

Here is my latest schedule
9-10 Brandi_Marie17
10-11 Kira Night
11-12 Kristin Mitchem
12-1 lunch
1-2 open
2-3 Lynni C
3-4 JessMarie143
4-5 Lynn Adia
5-6 Brittany Lee
6-7 Babygurl1986

I still have quite a few times open.  Models, if you are booked and wish to shoot, I have done many 5-15 minute mini shoots.  They are a great way to get in one more shoot to add extra photos to your port

Apr 30 14 11:31 am Link

Model

Brandi_Marie17

Glouster, Ohio, US

7-8 All Yours Photography
8-9 Davos Photography
9-10 Commercial Works
10-11 G. Micheal Images
11-12 Columbus Digital
12-1 Open
1-2 Open
2-3 Open
Leaving

Apr 30 14 01:25 pm Link

Photographer

Cascading Falls Photogr

Rockbridge, Ohio, US

28 models and 24 photographers

There is no reason that all photographers shouldn't have a full schedule.

Apr 30 14 08:09 pm Link

Photographer

Commercial Works Photo

Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, US

Cascading Falls Photogr wrote:
28 models and 24 photographers

There is no reason that all photographers shouldn't have a full schedule.

I have a reason, having a full schedule wears me out!

Also, I am looking for a model to shoot nudes (art type) Saturday evening close to or after dark.  If you anyone is interested, PM me and I will discuss the details.

May 01 14 07:19 am Link

Photographer

Anna Inez

Columbus, Ohio, US

babygurl1986 wrote:

I did no answer back

???  Really..Im sorry, but I do not have a message from you in my box

May 01 14 01:48 pm Link

Photographer

Anna Inez

Columbus, Ohio, US

Okay..My Models

Lynni 3-4
Kira Knight 5-6 maybe..
I will come no matter what to see Jim and Lynni...anyone wants to shoot please message me..I plan on sleeping in that day a arriving around 2 ish

May 01 14 01:53 pm Link

Photographer

robertkazar

Cleveland, Ohio, US

I have not filled my dance card so if anyone wants to hit the Rockhouse let me know.

May 01 14 07:35 pm Link

Photographer

Crystal view photo

Sebring, Florida, US

Schedule:

10-11 Candy Joelle Varvel
11-12 Lynn Adia
Noon-1 Lunch
1-2 Kristin Mitchem
2-3 Zara May
3-4 Irene Amanda Thomas
4-5 Stacy Willow
5-6 Mandy 1983

May 02 14 06:28 am Link

Model

Diamond_Dee

Detroit, Michigan, US

Sending my Sincerest Apologies to all the Photographers that have me booked on the 10th I have a family emergency that will be keeping me home. I am willing to reschedule for private shoots just email me. It will need to be after the 12th...

Sincerely,

Dee

May 02 14 08:12 am Link

Photographer

Ken D Photography

Marietta, Ohio, US

New Schedule:

10-  Amanda Stealthlynn MM #3336644
11 - Brittany lee MM##2942072
12-  Lunch
1 -  Open
2 -  Open
3 -  Stacey Willow MM#2412384
4 -  DLatrice  MM #2883765
5 -  islan emporess  MM#1670772
6 -  Giuliana Marie MM#3118092

May 02 14 08:42 am Link

Photographer

Michael Lynch

Dayton, Ohio, US

Looks like my 6 is open any takers?

May 02 14 10:01 am Link

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

Just one week to go!

If this is your first time at HH, it is best to print out your directions before you leave home.  GPS and cell coverage can be spotty in the hills.  If you do get lost, find a place to park at the top of a hill and call.

Start doing your anti-rain dances.  The extended forecast is 90% chance of rain next Sat.

Jim, what is the water flow at the falls looking like down there?

May 03 14 02:32 am Link

Photographer

The 8th Wonder

Adrian, Michigan, US

I hope for no rain and it passes by..

May 03 14 06:21 am Link

Photographer

robertkazar

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Craig Palms Photography wrote:
I hope for no rain and it passes by..

Has this ever been rained out ? I know don't go there

May 03 14 08:21 am Link

Photographer

The 8th Wonder

Adrian, Michigan, US

R Matthew Kazar wrote:

I'm not sure this is my first time going to a group shoot...

May 03 14 09:44 am Link

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

R Matthew Kazar wrote:

The forecast has started out bad like this before, then shifted to our advantage as the week went on.  We will have to wait and see..... or bring umbrellas.

I just looked at the forecast again and it has improved greatly.

70°FHigh

Scattered T-Storms

Chance of rain:
    40%

Wind:
    SW at 9 mph

Humidity:
    78%

UV Index:
    4 - Moderate

Sunrise:
    6:21 am

Moonrise:
    4:28 pm

May 03 14 10:16 am Link

Photographer

Michael Lynch

Dayton, Ohio, US

Jim has an over covered area where he usually sets up hay bales.  He also has a garage, and in his house.  If rain comes I am sure we can make do.

May 03 14 10:27 am Link

Photographer

Werner Lobert

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

I may be coming depending how much work I get done during the week.

May 03 14 11:56 am Link

Model

Sarah Casbeale

Findlay, Ohio, US

Interested in being a part of this!

May 03 14 08:16 pm Link

Model

Lynni C

Columbus, Ohio, US

Forgot to mention:

This is my teaching-retirement shoot!!

May 30th will be my last day as a math/computer science educator, after 30 years at the same school.

What better way to celebrate than with good friends and images that make me look 10-20 years younger?!!  ; )

This old gal's schedule, so far:

10-11   Will Snizek Photography #2294749
11-12   SteveC  #475
12-1     Lunch
1-2       G. Michael Images #8697
2-3       Commercial Works Photo #502760
3-4       Anna Inez #699082
4-5       Open
5-6       Open

May 03 14 08:19 pm Link

Photographer

Cascading Falls Photogr

Rockbridge, Ohio, US

We don't worry about no stinking rain!!!

For those that have never been here. I have a 46 ft. covered porch with a porch swing on each end and a nice big wagon wheel bench in the middle. Under the shelter house there will be the straw bale wall and set up 2 or 3 photographers can work under there. The living room has a stone fireplace and a photographer can work on both ends of it. We can set up at least 2 backdrops in the garage, there is a bedroom upstairs with a backdrop stand and 2 strobes, one person can shoot in the room between the 2 bedrooms. We have 3 cabins, 2 of which are rented by photographers and I am sure we can share. I will also have 2 tee pees set up  by the weekend and the people renting them may have to share. One is 18 ft. across and the other is 12 ft.
Several people have shot in the old trailer. If it looks like rain, we will move all the junk in it to the back bedroom, sweep it and clean it up a little and 2 or 3 can shoot in there.
That is at least 19 that can shoot at one time.

The rest will have to shoot wet T-shirt stuff.

The worst that could happen is that we will have to sit, talk, enjoy each others company and eat Sharon and Jane's food all day.

I don't see a down side.

Jim

May 03 14 08:41 pm Link

Photographer

robertkazar

Cleveland, Ohio, US

We don't worry about no stinking rain!!!

For those that have never been here. I have a 46 ft. covered porch with a porch swing on each end and a nice big wagon wheel bench in the middle. Under the shelter house there will be the straw bale wall and set up 2 or 3 photographers can work under there. The living room has a stone fireplace and a photographer can work on both ends of it. We can set up at least 2 backdrops in the garage, there is a bedroom upstairs with a backdrop stand and 2 strobes, one person can shoot in the room between the 2 bedrooms. We have 3 cabins, 2 of which are rented by photographers and I am sure we can share. I will also have 2 tee pees set up  by the weekend and the people renting them may have to share. One is 18 ft. across and the other is 12 ft.
Several people have shot in the old trailer. If it looks like rain, we will move all the junk in it to the back bedroom, sweep it and clean it up a little and 2 or 3 can shoot in there.
That is at least 19 that can shoot at one time.

The rest will have to shoot wet T-shirt stuff.

The worst that could happen is that we will have to sit, talk, enjoy each others company and eat Sharon and Jane's food all day.

I don't see a down side.

Jim

Oh I'm still planning on it. My alt is to drive the truck and leave the bike in Cleve

May 04 14 04:36 am Link

Photographer

SteveC

Lancaster, Ohio, US

< got nothing against wet t shirts at all..... wink

May 04 14 08:43 am Link

Model

Alternative Beauty

Zanesville, Ohio, US

SteveC wrote:
< got nothing against wet t shirts at all..... wink

I've been sunk in the pool in the little waterfall in October,  it sure was chilly, but who's afraid to get a little wet?! Lol

Can't wait,  coming Friday evening,  staying in one of the TeePees Friday and Saturday Night!  Schedule isn't full, but that's probably for the best since I've been kinda on the sick side!
I definitely need some relaxation! !

May 04 14 10:07 am Link

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

This is a repeat from last fall's event, but we have some new photographers, so it bears repeating:

All Yours Photography wrote:
Just a request for my fellow photographers.

I know that there is some "side shooting" that goes on, but I am shooting implieds with a couple of models, some using only their poses and my camera angles to keep their lady bits out of the photos, so I would ask that if I'm shooting with a model that isn't fully dressed, please ask before taking any photos from the sidelines.

I like keeping my models relaxed, happy and confident of what is in the images of them floating around.  Happy models come back for the next shoot.

Also, even if the model is fully dressed or her comfort level isn't in question, having someone clicking from the sidelines is likely going to distract her from the photographer that she is actually shooting with.

May 04 14 11:01 am Link

Photographer

Cascading Falls Photogr

Rockbridge, Ohio, US

In case of rain and more shooting has to be done indoors, we will need some more lighting units. If it looks like rain and you have some lights, please bring them.

May 04 14 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

In case of rain and more shooting has to be done indoors, we will need some more lighting units. If it looks like rain and you have some lights, please bring them.

Will you need backdrops as well?

May 04 14 04:33 pm Link

Photographer

robertkazar

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Alternative Beauty wrote:

I've been sunk in the pool in the little waterfall in October,  it sure was chilly, but who's afraid to get a little wet?! Lol

Can't wait,  coming Friday evening,  staying in one of the TeePees Friday and Saturday Night!  Schedule isn't full, but that's probably for the best since I've been kinda on the sick side!
I definitely need some relaxation! !

I should be there Friday night also but staying in Nelsonville.

May 04 14 06:36 pm Link

Photographer

Davos Photography

North Canton, Ohio, US

Unfortunately due to several unforeseen problems, I will no longer be able to make it this coming weekend, I am very sorry for any issues I cause by this, but I wanted to notify everyone as soon as possible.  I wish you all a great time and no rain!!!
(I will also send a message to each model I would be working with).

-David

May 04 14 07:01 pm Link

Photographer

MyLifeInTheBigCity

Ferndale, Michigan, US

Personally I like the old trailer. I shot outside of it last time.

If the inside was cleared out just enough to allow people to be in there, that would be good too.  You don't want to clear it out too much either since that would take away from the feel of it.

It provides a totally different environment which gives you a grungy/run down feel. This is opposite to the natural outdoor beauty that the rest of the property provides.  But it is another choice which I like.

(I like grungy run down things.... smile )

May 04 14 08:05 pm Link

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

MyLifeInTheBigCity wrote:

(I like grungy run down things.... smile )

Too bad you don't have anyplace like that near Detroit.  big_smile

May 04 14 10:47 pm Link

Photographer

SteveC

Lancaster, Ohio, US

Rachel.. yeah, I bet.  I've had a girl in a fall/creek over in Bremen is Sept.. she was all goosebumps and shivering as she lowered herself into a 4 ft hole, while saying "Steve, you know i love ya, right"?  LOL

* it IS a bit pathetic that all these good falls/streams are all in shade all the time.*

May 04 14 10:52 pm Link

Model

Amanda Stealthlynn

Ashland, Ohio, US

I'm doing my anti rain dance now, lol

I will be arriving Friday around 7pm because I have to work, and leaving sometime Sunday morning.

Due to David From Davos photography canceling the extra bedroom in my two bedroom tent just opened up if any female models are interested, The spare bedroom has a queen size blow up mattress one model can sleep there or if two models don't mind sharing the bed it fits two comfortably. The two bedrooms are separated by curtain each room has its own light and two windows with privacy curtains that can be adjusted to your own specifications, Last year I brought a heater the tent stayed comfortable all night long I only needed the heater running for a few minutes in the morning while I got dressed I will bring the heater again and my roommates are welcome to use it if they want to.
I sometimes go to bed early but noise won't effect me at all and nether will light due to the privacy curtain, I get up early in the morning but if my roommates aren't awake I'll take my loud hair dryer to the car if my crazy Irish hair needs fixing lol
If 1 or 2 female models want to glamp just let me know as soon as possible smile

May 05 14 08:59 am Link

Model

zara_may

Zanesville, Ohio, US

9-10 keeping open
10-11 seymour photo
11-12 will snizek
12-1 lunch
1-2 open
2-3 cleveland models
3-4 g.michael images
4-5 open
5-6 drewery photo designs

still have some space open for saturday any takers smile..

May 05 14 09:39 am Link

Model

Stacey Willow

Thornville, Ohio, US

I Will be coming down friday and Sleeping in a tent!!!

I like playing in the rain so I am not scared to get a little wet!! This is always fun great people and conversations so its a win win either way

May 05 14 12:38 pm Link

Photographer

Cascading Falls Photogr

Rockbridge, Ohio, US

I just got 2 Tee pees set up today. They are mine and will be permanent. One is rented to Alternative beauty. If anyone wants to rent the other one, let me know.
Right now they are brand new. $100 for the weekend.

They should be great as a prop for shooting. They are back in the woods past the house and look like they belong there. I have a buffalo hide and some deer hides we can put inside and set up a cool set.

May 05 14 06:26 pm Link

Model

Sarah Casbeale

Findlay, Ohio, US

I won't be able to make it. sad I apologize.

May 05 14 08:38 pm Link

Model

Lithiumrainbow

Tiffin, Ohio, US

I just want all the photographers to know that I still have my 10am open if anyone is interested smile

May 05 14 10:22 pm Link

Photographer

Seymour Photography

Logan, Ohio, US

Hey there everyone! Here is my schedule for right now. Let me know if you want to shoot.

Looking forward to it!

9a- Chula Love
10a- Zara May
11a
12 - Lunch
1p- BabyGurl1986
2p-Lithiumrainbow
3p-
4p-
5p-
6p- Alii Nicole

May 06 14 10:29 am Link

Photographer

The Promiscuous Lens

Detroit, Michigan, US

Almost here! I will be arriving Friday evening after all and rented the Caboose at Steep Woods. The cabin has space to sleep five and it's just me, so... Mi casa tu casa if you need a place to crash. I'm not sure how far the Caboose or Steep Woods is from the main party location, so if any of the return shooters club can provide a set of directions I'd be grateful. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

May 06 14 12:54 pm Link