Forums > Accomplishments, Achievements and High Fives > My son just booked his first gig with DISNEY

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

Well this accomplishment is not mine but my son's but I'm so excited. He just booked with Disney. OMG his agent just called me and I about fell off the chair. Getting a role any role with Disney for a child actor is like the equivalent of getting a Vogue cover for me lol hahaha JK

EDIT: Ok guys so I got the info back from the agent. What he booked was a principal role for a Coca-Cola Commercial for the Disney Land Resorts. We will be shooting in May at a Disney Studio.   Is not something super huge but is still pretty exciting for us since he only done work for smaller local companies before. Having Disney and Coca-Cola in the resume wont hurt specially since he just recently started modeling/acting.

This is his fan page
https://www.facebook.com/KaizerMedinaModel?ref=hl

Update:
So I finally got all the details  and he will be playing the role of Mad Hatter for a Disney Land Resort/Coca-cola commercial where the theme is Alice in wonderland. This sounds so exciting sounds like it's going to be a very fun day. The shoot is in two days.

Apr 25 14 09:21 am Link

Photographer

Blue Cube Imaging

Ashland, Oregon, US

FANTASTIC!!!

Apr 25 14 09:22 am Link

Photographer

Bryan Benoit

Miami, Florida, US

Super Duper congrats to your son and his proud mama... wink

Apr 25 14 09:45 am Link

Photographer

Drew Smith Photography

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom

Gee - that's swell! smile

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTm6IgBVDDy-wtn7L7LR1zqh4jHlRSIYkddGRBfuJuzg5Y67Fgk8Q

Apr 25 14 09:52 am Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

Wow! congratulations - that is pretty big for a child actor.

Apr 25 14 09:58 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

Congratulations!!!   smile smile smile

Apr 25 14 10:00 am Link

Model

Olivia Martin

Mount Dora, Florida, US

Mom told me to tell you Congratulations and don't sell yourself too short.  The mom had a LOT to do with helping their "children" in this market.  Hehe

Thanks MOM!!!!  big_smile

Apr 25 14 10:08 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

A-M-P wrote:
Well this accomplishment is not mine but my son's but I'm so excited. He just booked a role with Disney. OMG his agent just called me and I about fell off the chair. They start production soon. Getting a role with Disney for a child actor is like the equivalent of getting a Vogue cover for me lol

This is his fan page

Do they do stuff in FL or is he on his way out to LA?

Apr 25 14 10:12 am Link

Photographer

DLH Photo

Seattle, Washington, US

Congrats!

Apr 25 14 10:31 am Link

Makeup Artist

sweetcheekscouture

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

Christopher Hartman wrote:

Both Universal and Disney shoot projects in Orlando.

I have clients that have done work with both and shot in Florida.

Congrats! Is he going to have a recurring role on a show?

Apr 25 14 10:47 am Link

Photographer

Numael D Hernandez

San Francisco, California, US

I almost fell off my chair too, that's wonderful!!

Congratulations and best wishes to your son, and heartfelt congratulations to you too!!

NumaelD.

Apr 25 14 10:54 am Link

Model

Yazmine

Chicago, Illinois, US

That's AWESOME!!!! Congrats to you and your son (who is adorable by the way!) How exciting!!

Apr 25 14 11:00 am Link

Model

Model MoRina

MacMurdo - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by New Zealand, Antarctica

Congrats! Your son is adorable!

Apr 25 14 11:02 am Link

Photographer

ARA Photo

Mountain View, California, US

congratuations!

Apr 25 14 11:04 am Link

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

Christopher Hartman wrote:

It will be shot in FL first day will be May 7th all day, Right now I have very vague details waiting on the agent to email me all the detailed info. I literally posted as I hung up with her she pretty much told me Kaizer got booked with Disney told me the start date and that she will forward me all the other info. So right now I have no idea what she submitted his reel for and what he actually booked lol He did not have to go to an audition to book this gig so I'm sure is probably a small part.

Apr 25 14 11:12 am Link

Photographer

Stephoto Photography

Amherst, Massachusetts, US

That's awesome, Congrats to you both! Keep us updated smile

Apr 25 14 12:41 pm Link

Photographer

JC Stuart Photo

Orlando, Florida, US

that's really cool AMP, congrats to you guys smile

Apr 25 14 12:49 pm Link

Model

Jacquelyn Marie

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Congrats to your son and you! That's absolutely wonderful!

Apr 25 14 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

In Balance Photography

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Congrats and that's one cute kid!

Apr 25 14 01:55 pm Link

Model

Agatha D

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

That is quite and accomplishment and will probably be a great experience. Cheers!

Apr 25 14 01:55 pm Link

Photographer

Douglas_Elgenor

Jackson, Tennessee, US

Congrads both your and his hard work is paying off.

Apr 25 14 02:09 pm Link

Photographer

Dean Johnson Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

I've seen the pics you shot of your son from his comp card, I'm not surprised to hear this news. smile

Apr 25 14 02:25 pm Link

Photographer

R Bruce Duncan

Santa Barbara, California, US

Congratulations to both of you.

RBD

Apr 25 14 06:12 pm Link

Model

Victoria Vertuga

That is insanely huge! Congrats!

Apr 26 14 11:52 am Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

Disney is the major league!! Congrats!:-)

Apr 26 14 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

Marky

Grays, England, United Kingdom

Well done to him

Apr 26 14 05:02 pm Link

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

Thanks everyone !!!

I will update this thread soon with BTS if am allowed to take any with my phone lol big_smile

Apr 26 14 07:10 pm Link

Photographer

Benjamin Kanarek

Paris, Île-de-France, France

A-M-P wrote:
Well this accomplishment is not mine but my son's but I'm so excited. He just booked with Disney. OMG his agent just called me and I about fell off the chair. They start production soon. Getting a role any role with Disney for a child actor is like the equivalent of getting a Vogue cover for me lol

This is his fan page

That is so exciting! Congratulations! smile

Apr 27 14 09:37 am Link

Model

Cervezax

Atlanta, Georgia, US

That is AWESOME! Congratulations!

Apr 27 14 11:57 am Link

Photographer

E H

Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Wow! Congratulations. That is pretty AWESOME...

Apr 27 14 12:29 pm Link

Photographer

stacey clarke photo

Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom

amazing well done <3
gorgeous kid too smile

Apr 27 14 01:56 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Sandra Valero

Madrid, Madrid, Spain

Well done!!

https://uwcatholic.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/fist-pump-baby-lets.png

Apr 27 14 03:38 pm Link

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

Ok guys so I got the info back from the agent. He booked a principal role for a Coca-Cola Commercial for Disney Land Resorts. We will be shooting in May at a Disney Studio.  Is not something super huge but is still pretty exciting for us since he only done work for smaller local companies before.

Apr 28 14 04:11 pm Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

A-M-P wrote:
Ok guys so I got the info back from the agent. He booked a principal role for a Coca-Cola Commercial for Disney Land Resorts. We will be shooting in May at a Disney Studio.  Is not something super huge but is still pretty exciting for us since he only done work for smaller local companies before.

I think that's pretty huge. Disney AND Coca-Cola? 2 giant corporations. It's a win in my eyes.

Apr 28 14 04:32 pm Link

Photographer

KungPaoChic

West Palm Beach, Florida, US

A-M-P wrote:

It's still super cool and the thing is if the production company likes him and the client likes him it often leads to other things and often a direct book.

especially if he has a good work ethic and they like him.

Congrats -- that is super. You might want to also consider putting him on this website called 24/7 cast.com. <http://247cast.com/catalogue/talent/pricing.asp>

Normally I don't think paying to be on websites is worth it but this one is attached to a production company that guarantees if you don't get cast and make at least $300 ( which is more than it costs to be on their web site) they extend your membership until you do.

It's not worth it to be on there IMO unless you have a reel but I have one client that does a lot of direct booking and she booked a resort job that paid about 7K with a buyout which more than paid for her membership

She has a couple of national commercials out too. Also I do know a child whose comp card I have shot several times who has booked work from there as well.

Might be worth looking into.

*Disclaimer I am not affiliated with the website or the company and I don't make any money from sending people that way. Also I would only recommend it to people in the Florida market and you really should have a reel and professional commercial pictures to make it worth your while.

Again -- Congratulations!

Also I don't know if he signed an exclusive in Florida but if you ever have any questions about the kids agencies in the South Florida market feel free to drop me a line. I am pretty familiar with that area.

Apr 28 14 05:09 pm Link

Photographer

East West

Congratulations and I'm sure bigger things are forthcoming!

Apr 28 14 05:33 pm Link

Photographer

A-M-P

Orlando, Florida, US

So I finally got all the details  and he will be playing the role of Mad Hatter for a Disney Land Resort/Coca-cola commercial where the theme is Alice in wonderland. This sounds so exciting sounds like it's going to be a very fun day. The shoot is in two days.

May 05 14 10:17 am Link

Model

neve

Agrigento, Sicily, Italy

Congratulations!!!

May 05 14 10:30 am Link

Photographer

Chicchowmein

Palm Beach, Florida, US

A-M-P wrote:

That sounds super cool!

I hope they let you take behind the scenes shots.

( Maybe with a cell phone not your real camera)

May 05 14 10:53 am Link

Photographer

JC Stuart Photo

Orlando, Florida, US

and by "Disney Land" I assume you mean Disney World (sorry to nitpick). 

I've done about 10 or so shoots for Disney, some big some small.... I learned a lot that I use today for my behind the camera work smile.    And flying to Spain wasn't bad either smile.

May 05 14 10:54 am Link