Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Sooo, who is ordering

Photographer

What Fun Productions

Phoenix, Arizona, US

GK photo wrote:
aren't a major chunk of apple's profits ending up in ireland these days?

where do motorola's profits go?

Tim Cook speaking on with Charlie Rose said that Apple accounts for about 1,000,000 jobs in the USA directly and when you take in account the independent app writers.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/po.php?thre … st19099350

Support American companies.

I plan an iPhone 6 purchase in the first part of next year.

Sep 14 14 07:44 pm Link

Photographer

GK photo

Laguna Beach, California, US

What Fun Productions wrote:

Tim Cook speaking on with Charlie Rose said that Apple accounts for about 1,000,000 jobs in the USA directly and when you take in account the independent app writers.

that's soooo coool. did he mention them funneling all those profits to ireland, to avoid the taxes? did the cadaver even ask him about that?

that's not very patriotic. i wish he shared your jingoistic vision.

but if you were really serious (which you never are), you'd buy a moto x. a phone made by an american company, and built in america, by a company that keeps their profits here.

Sep 14 14 08:14 pm Link

Model

P I X I E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Jerry Nemeth wrote:

I never thought that the S3 was big and bulky.  You should see the Note.  smile

Oh, I have. But you clearly didn't read the part in my post where I said I have tiny hands. Of course the S3 is going to be big and bulky.

Sep 15 14 04:46 pm Link

Photographer

Sleepy Weasel

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

GK photo wrote:

that's soooo coool. did he mention them funneling all those profits to ireland, to avoid the taxes? did the cadaver even ask him about that?

that's not very patriotic. i wish he shared your jingoistic vision.

but if you were really serious (which you never are), you'd buy a moto x. a phone made by an american company, and built in america, by a company that keeps their profits here.

That's what I was going to say. lol

Sep 15 14 05:58 pm Link

Model

Steve Russ

Orlando, Florida, US

Sleepy Weasel wrote:

That's what I was going to say. lol

Nope. China.

Motorola, Inc. was a multinational telecommunications company based in Schaumburg, Illinois, United States (U.S.). After having lost $4.3 billion from 2007 to 2009, the company was divided into two independent public companies, Motorola Mobility and Motorola Solutions on January 4, 2011.

On May 22, 2012, Google CEO Larry Page announced that Google had closed on its deal to acquire Motorola Mobility. On January 29, 2014, Google CEO Larry Page announced that  Motorola Mobility would be acquired by Chinese technology company Lenovo for $2.91 billion.

Sep 15 14 06:46 pm Link

Photographer

The Spaces Between

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Toto Photo wrote:

I never thought of that. Apple can be so short sighted sometimes. How tough would it have been to make a case that opened, like everyone else?

It's not hard, but they rather sell people memory for $200-$300 dollars more.  It's a cash grab, plain and simple.

Sep 15 14 08:52 pm Link

Photographer

Wye

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

The Spaces Between wrote:

It's not hard, but they rather sell people memory for $200-$300 dollars more.  It's a cash grab, plain and simple.

no. They were smart and avoided the very problems that android is having with sd card storage now. Google smartened up and locked down access to the data on sd cards in kit kat but it's still a huge mess even if much of the security nightmare is gone.

Sep 15 14 09:09 pm Link

Photographer

Lightcraft Studio

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Wye wrote:

no. They were smart and avoided the very problems that android is having with sd card storage now. Google smartened up and locked down access to the data on sd cards in kit kat but it's still a huge mess even if much of the security nightmare is gone.

What problems are you referring to?

Sep 15 14 09:15 pm Link

Photographer

Wye

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Lightcraft Studio wrote:

What problems are you referring to?

This article has a pretty good explanation of the what's and the whys

m.androidcentral.com/kitkat-sdcard-changes

Sep 15 14 09:49 pm Link

Photographer

Connor Photography

Newark, Delaware, US

My iPhone 6 will be in my hands this Friday.  Looking forward to the speed 4G (LTE). My kids and wife have been enjoying 4G for more than a year.  It is time for the old man to catch up the new technology.  ......LOL

Sep 16 14 10:36 am Link