Forums > General Industry > Do you care if

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

a model you worked with and are please with some of the pictures and she seems please as well
does not use them in her port?

Mar 29 15 04:32 pm Link

Hair Stylist

rick lesser

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

If you hired a stylist, hair and/or makeup artist and they didn't use them would that bother you as well?  I've worked with plenty of talented photographers and models and never used the images. Does it matter?   R-

Mar 29 15 04:42 pm Link

Photographer

Abbitt Photography

Washington, Utah, US

No I don't care.  When I provide images to a model as compensation, just as with cash, it's her compensation to do with as she pleases.  She is under no obligation to use images to promote me or please me.  (Similarly, I often do shoots and don't include any photos from a shoot in my MM portfolio)

Mar 29 15 04:49 pm Link

Photographer

Culturally Destitute

Seattle, Washington, US

Dont care at all. What they don't do with them is their business.
I have many shoots not represented in my port, mainly 'cause I'm too lazy to update it.

Mar 29 15 04:57 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Some say they don't care But omfg the butthurt conniptions I've endured from Grumpyphotographer, for not posting images as soon as they are sent.

You know who you are. hmm

Mar 29 15 05:10 pm Link

Photographer

Llobet Photography

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Amadea T wrote:
Some say they don't care But omfg the butthurt conniptions I've endured from Grumpyphotographer, for not posting images as soon as they are sent.

No, I swear, I don't care.  Really I don't. neutral
Aw, funk it.  I do care.
*cries*

Mar 29 15 05:25 pm Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

Amadea T wrote:

Thank you so much...I wish models would be  more  involved in forums!

Mar 29 15 05:29 pm Link

Photographer

NothingIsRealButTheGirl

Los Angeles, California, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:
a model you worked with and are please with some of the pictures and she seems please as well
does not use them in her port?

I suppose if I worked with him or her for a month in post production on it and made decisions based on collaborative input from the model that I might not have made had I worked strictly to my own taste and he or she seemed to like everything all along the line then yes, in that case I might care.

Mar 29 15 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

Zack Zoll

Glens Falls, New York, US

If I'm doing a TF shoot, it's nice if they like the images.

If I paid for their time, I don't really care - especially if *I* like what I got. I got photos I like and they got paid, so as far as I'm concerned we're even Steven. It's nice if they're happy, but I find the biggest advantage of paying models is that you don need to seek approval. I usually don't even bother to send images, unless they ask for them.

Mar 29 15 06:55 pm Link

Photographer

Mortonovich

San Diego, California, US

My thought is that if one is putting something from every session in their portfolio, they are:

Not shooting nearly enough.
Are not selective in the editing process enough.

One can really love their photos but they still might not get shown in their main book, wherever that may be.

Mar 29 15 07:01 pm Link

Photographer

Ivan123

Arlington, Virginia, US

I can't say that I am heartbroken if my work does not show up in their ports.  Frankly, most of my work is not very useful to a model in illustrating to other photographers what she looks like.  But, I confess, I do appreciate it when the DO use something.

Mar 29 15 07:36 pm Link

Photographer

James Andrew Imagery

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Nah.

To start with, a model saying she is pleased with the images doesn't necessarily mean that she really thinks so.

big_smile

Mar 29 15 07:42 pm Link

Photographer

Peter House

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

You know what, my most popular image of a model has been heavily used by her agency and featured in several places, but she never uses the image personally in her private port or on social media. It happens.

Mar 29 15 08:40 pm Link

Photographer

Jennifer J Walsh

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I could care less as long as the check didn't bounce

Mar 29 15 09:10 pm Link

Photographer

NewBoldPhoto

PORT MURRAY, New Jersey, US

I make decisions for myself and expect the same of others.

Mar 29 15 09:18 pm Link

Photographer

mophotoart

Wichita, Kansas, US

eye of the beholder...if you paid, all yours, so no problem...TF...well..the model can use them, modify them.(depends on the term of the tf of course...)  never worry if they get used by the model, they are mine to use, and you never know where they get used...MM is not the only place.  face book, print port work...,found my work used and modified but just let it go...does the model come back to you?  Repeat work/collaboration?  kinda have to go with flow.....

Mar 29 15 09:32 pm Link

Photographer

L O C U T U S

Bangor, Maine, US

nope

Mar 29 15 10:02 pm Link

Photographer

MarkG

Bewdley, England, United Kingdom

Not at all, if they do it's cool, it means that the collaboration was a success for both, if not then hey ho.

Mar 29 15 11:11 pm Link

Model

Isis22

Muncie, Indiana, US

Learn not to take things personally. Be happy when someone DOES use your work. One of my favorite photographs was not on a photographer's website. Now one that is not my favorite is. Eh, it's not my opinion that counts, it's his.

Mar 30 15 08:39 am Link

Photographer

GER Photography

Imperial, California, US

It's always nice to have credited photos in a models port, but we all must choose what pics we post.

Mar 30 15 08:51 am Link

Photographer

DespayreFX

Delta, British Columbia, Canada

If I'm paying for a shoot, I care a lot less. If it's TF and I thought we did a good job, ya, a little, but we all get to make our own decisions on what we keep posted.

...But if I ever shoot with Amadea T, and she doesn't post any... I'm gonna bitch about it on every forum for months. Just cuz I'm shallow like that. smile

Mar 30 15 09:07 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

DespayreFX wrote:
If I'm paying for a shoot, I care a lot less. If it's TF and I thought we did a good job, ya, a little, but we all get to make our own decisions on what we keep posted.

...But if I ever shoot with Amadea T, and she doesn't post any... I'm gonna bitch about it on every forum for months. Just cuz I'm shallow like that. smile

You have til the end of the year.

Mar 30 15 09:31 am Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

IMAGINERIES wrote:

Thank you so much...I wish models would be  more  involved in forums!

Used to be.
But after a while of being treated like ..Never mind.

Mar 30 15 09:34 am Link

Model

Dekilah

Dearborn, Michigan, US

I've had a couple photographers who seem to be disappointed, if not upset, if I don't include their images in my port or share them on social media right away. Most often they just want to know why and to make sure I'm not disappointed with the photos. Usually if I don't share them right away it's because I already had other stuff queued up to share or I'm really only planning to share the best photo or two from the shoot.

I also will admit to having been disappointed in the past when a photographer didn't share images we shot or use them in their portfolio. Now I don't even give it a second thought because I know that most people, including myself, don't update their portfolios super often. I tend to share more on social media and Tumblr. Sometimes I will still wonder why I won't see a photographer sharing work we did, but they are sharing work from the same series with another model, for example, but all in all, it's really just personal preference and who knows what other factors.

And I think that's the real reason some people may feel slighted. Part of the reason we shoot trade is not just to get photos, but also sometimes for the exposure and additional good references. So if the other person isn't sharing the photos, then we feel like we're not getting that exposure and that can be disappointing. Of course that is no excuse for throwing a fit about it, but if someone kindly asks then maybe that's why.

Mar 30 15 09:47 am Link