Forums > General Industry > Get your butts on Tsu

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

It seems word is finally starting to get out as I'm seeing more and more of my MM friends over there.

Just like Facebook, except you get paid for what you post. Plus, they have recently updated their nudity policy and are willing to accommodate those who shoot this type of content. As photographers and models, this is a great way to passively monetize your images.

Currently, it's by invite only so here's your invite link: http://www.tsu.co/PhoenixGlamour

Nov 12 15 08:20 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Nov 12 15 08:20 am Link

Photographer

Jeffrey M Fletcher

Asheville, North Carolina, US

I like the sound of the policies at any rate.

Nov 12 15 09:20 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Follow up from Support:

"Thank you for that, Lisa. The difference between FB and tsū is a philosophical one and by nature one that favors artists on tsū. We have many artists on our staff as well so serving this community is important to us. I only hope that we don't fall short in the short-term because we already have development happening with this in mind which will accommodate for the other challenges associated with displaying nudes on a site. So even if we can't get this 100% right immediately, it will be in only a month or so. So it is really just a temporary inconvenience at worst if there are any problems at all."

Nov 12 15 09:23 am Link

Photographer

barepixels

San Diego, California, US

This turns out to be a written suggestion to them. I miss understood . Not a TSU policy yet.

I am there as barepixels.   I do run an art nudes group there.  It is set as private and invite only.  PM me there if you wish to join.  Use barepixels as invite code if you need one to signup on http://www.tsu.co

Nov 12 15 10:00 am Link

Hair Stylist

rick lesser

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Thank you John for letting us sign up via your invite.  Which I just did.  Not sure how to use the site yet but I will check it out and figure it out!  Thanks, R-

Nov 13 15 10:47 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

rick lesser wrote:
Thank you John for letting us sign up via your invite.  Which I just did.  Not sure how to use the site yet but I will check it out and figure it out!  Thanks, R-

Check my wall on there from yesterday. I posted some getting started video tutorials.

Nov 13 15 11:20 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

Seems like it could cause potential problems for models, since most releases state that the models are not allowed to sell, reproduce or monetize the images in any way.

I can see a lot of photographers totally shitting their pants if they found out a model they worked with was able to make something off the photos there (or anywhere really).

Nov 13 15 11:24 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Koryn wrote:
Seems like it could cause potential problems for models, since most releases state that the models are not allowed to sell, reproduce or monetize the images in any way.

I can see a lot of photographers totally shitting their pants if they found out a model they worked with was able to make something off the photos there (or anywhere really).

That's why more models should shoot with me. I don't care about that. Go make your money, I'll go make mine.. is my attitude.

Nov 13 15 11:31 am Link

Photographer

barepixels

that's a good attitude.  i feel 100% the same

Nov 14 15 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

barepixels wrote:
that's a good attitude.  i feel 100% the same

I think I operate a little different than many photographers. If the model wants do the work and print t-shirts, posters, or whatever with any images I give her, I'm perfectly fine with it. I'm talking TFP shoots of course. When I'm hiring the model it's a different story though.

Nov 14 15 01:55 pm Link

Photographer

Darren Brade

London, England, United Kingdom

I'm only just seeing this for the first time, can someone explain the difference between this and posting to Facebook? Ta.

Nov 14 15 06:45 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Darren Brade wrote:
I'm only just seeing this for the first time, can someone explain the difference between this and posting to Facebook? Ta.

Facebook doesn't pay you to post content. That's the main difference.

Nov 14 15 06:50 pm Link

Photographer

Keith Allen Phillips

Santa Fe, New Mexico, US

Koryn wrote:

If a photographer "shits their pants" over the few cents you'll make off posting to Tsu they are a sad individual indeed smile

http://www.tsu.co/KeithAllenPhillips

Nov 15 15 03:21 am Link

Photographer

Darren Brade

London, England, United Kingdom

John Jebbia wrote:

Facebook doesn't pay you to post content. That's the main difference.

I'll check it out. Might be good to not be treated like a 7 year old for once (Facebook) big_smile

Nov 15 15 11:54 am Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I'm going to test drive it too

@Jen_B

edit: Thanks for the invite

Nov 16 15 03:08 am Link

Model

Model MoRina

MacMurdo - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by New Zealand, Antarctica

I've been on a few days... haven't spent too much time yet, but I can see the potential. 

Follow me for the best cat pictures!

https://www.tsu.co/MoRina_Model

https://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj334/msmorina/Monkey/FullSizeRender_zpsg5vknfrt.jpg

Nov 16 15 07:55 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I think a lot of people join it and see that they're only earning a few cents and give up. I've been posting consistently (mostly old stuff that's been collecting dust) and I've noticed my earnings go up a little each day. I'm at a point now where it's actually worthwhile and I only just started pushing it hard for a couple weeks now.

From what I've read, the first $100 takes the longest, but once you reach that point it appears to go into autopilot and it's a lot easier to reach a payout.

Nov 16 15 08:39 am Link

Model

Model MoRina

MacMurdo - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by New Zealand, Antarctica

John Jebbia wrote:
I think a lot of people join it and see that they're only earning a few cents and give up. I've been posting consistently (mostly old stuff that's been collecting dust) and I've noticed my earnings go up a little each day. I'm at a point now where it's actually worthwhile and I only just started pushing it hard for a couple weeks now.

From what I've read, the first $100 takes the longest, but once you reach that point it appears to go into autopilot and it's a lot easier to reach a payout.

For me, it isn't about the amount of money.. it's about the philosophy that the contributors of content should share in the profits.

I applaud Tsu for this.

Nov 16 15 10:42 am Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

John Jebbia wrote:

Oh,

Can you opt out of earning money though? My work agreement excludes me earning other salary without explicit request and permission first.

Jen

Nov 16 15 03:39 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Jen B wrote:
Oh,

Can you opt out of earning money though? My work agreement excludes me earning other salary without explicit request and permission first.

Jen

I believe so. When you click on Bank for the first time, there's an agreement you have to accept. You can probably decline it if you don't wish to get earnings.

Nov 16 15 05:34 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Jen B wrote:
Oh,

Jen

Alternatively, you can opt in and donate your earnings to one of the many charities on Tsu. Use the "Transfer Funds" button on a Tsu Charity.

http://www.tsu.co/charities

Nov 16 15 05:36 pm Link

Photographer

highStrangeness

Carmichael, California, US

What are we talkin' about here, a sort of mass exodus to Tsu?

Nov 16 15 08:06 pm Link

Clothing Designer

Jim Wright

Newark, New Jersey, US

What do you mean by old stuff? Are photo submissions guaranteed to make $$$ or is there some kind of election process? Is this really legit?

Nov 16 15 09:46 pm Link

Photographer

J O H N A L L A N

Los Angeles, California, US

Jen B wrote:
Oh,

Jen

You might want to read through your employment contract with an eye toward the specific verbiage. Technically contract work or revenue streams like this are NOT "salary" - Salary implies an employer/employee relationship, which doesn't exist here.

Nov 16 15 10:34 pm Link

Model

Jen B

Phoenix, Arizona, US

J O H N  A L L A N wrote:

You might want to read through your employment contract with an eye toward the specific verbiage. Technically contract work or revenue streams like this are NOT "salary" - Salary implies an employer/employee relationship, which doesn't exist here.

I see! Thanks for this. I will also check on Tsu if I can temporarily opt out of the revenue stream, (income,) until the terms of my current work obligation are complete.

Thanks,
Jen

Nov 17 15 03:06 am Link

Photographer

barepixels

aspergianLens wrote:
What are we talkin' about here, a sort of mass exodus to Tsu?

There is no such thing as an exodus.   Just another social community... hopefully will better then Facebook

http://www.tsu.co/barepixels
if you need invite code use barepixels

Nov 17 15 05:45 am Link

Photographer

barepixels

Jim Wright wrote:
What do you mean by old stuff? Are photo submissions guaranteed to make $$$ or is there some kind of election process? Is this really legit?

TSU pay by sharing ads revenue.  If the things you post on your timeline are interesting to others and generate more views you makes some.   but do not expect to get rich haha.   i have been there for two weeks and so far have made $2.30.  haha  I think I tipped someone last night more than that.

Nov 17 15 05:49 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

barepixels wrote:
TSU pay by sharing ads revenue.  If the things you post on your timeline are interesting to others and generate more views you makes some.   but do not expect to get rich haha.   i have been there for two weeks and so far have made $2.30.  haha  I think I tipped someone last night more than that.

That's not too bad considering you've only been doing it a couple weeks. I've been watching mine, and just from posting a few images each day my daily earnings are consistently going up a few cents each day. I can honestly see earning $20/day as a realistic goal at the current rate. I look at it this way.. this will pay for new gear at the end of each year.

Nov 17 15 06:53 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Although, I'm still trying to figure out what action actually earns money on there. I'm not sure if it's views alone, or a combination of views, likes, shares & comments. A couple days ago, I doubled my views from the previous day, but the earnings were only slightly higher.

Nov 17 15 07:55 am Link

Photographer

R.EYE.R

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

They need to sort their bloody image upload or they won't see any content. From me anyway.

Nov 17 15 08:51 pm Link

Photographer

JAE

West Chester, Pennsylvania, US

John Jebbia wrote:
Although, I'm still trying to figure out what action actually earns money on there. I'm not sure if it's views alone, or a combination of views, likes, shares & comments. A couple days ago, I doubled my views from the previous day, but the earnings were only slightly higher.

I haven't been able to figure this out either. I had a day with more views and likes, but made a lot less money that day.  A day I did not log in and did not have much activity brought in  more money.

http://www.tsu.co/JAE_Photo

Nov 18 15 05:19 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

R.EYE.R wrote:
They need to sort their bloody image upload or they won't see any content. From me anyway.

I haven't experienced any issues with the image uploader.

Nov 18 15 06:37 am Link

Photographer

R.EYE.R

Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan

John Jebbia wrote:

I had a massive issue posting an image today. Tried for few hours before I finally gave up. It would sit there for ages and eventually give error message.

Nov 18 15 07:09 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

R.EYE.R wrote:
I had a massive issue posting an image today. Tried for few hours before I finally gave up. It would sit there for ages and eventually give error message.

I've not experienced that.

Nov 18 15 11:23 am Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

John Jebbia wrote:
It seems word is finally starting to get out as I'm seeing more and more of my MM friends over there.

Just like Facebook, except you get paid for what you post. Plus, they have recently updated their nudity policy and are willing to accommodate those who shoot this type of content. As photographers and models, this is a great way to passively monetize your images.

Currently, it's by invite only so here's your invite link: http://www.tsu.co

It doesn't seem all that inviting if new member can't really take a tour or experience its functionality prior to joining. But I guess that's just me.

Nov 18 15 11:34 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Take my word for it. You'll like it.

Nov 18 15 11:58 am Link

Photographer

Light and Lens Studio

Sisters, Oregon, US

John Jebbia wrote:

R.EYE.R wrote:

Had an issue yesterday.   Was unable to enlarge the crop area on an uploaded image (from their default).  They don't have a "Do Not Crop" option.  All it would allow was a little narrow band across the middle of my cover page photo.  Wrote to support.  Haven't had a chance to see if they replied or fixed the issue.

Nov 18 15 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Are you using their image editing tool after you upload? Cause I haven't seen a crop tool... but I upload as is without using their editing tool..

Nov 18 15 12:36 pm Link

Photographer

Farenell Photography

Albany, New York, US

John Jebbia wrote:
Take my word for it. You'll like it.

1. Why is that?

2. The most I can tell is that you're allowed to donate your proverbial Monopoly money earnings directly to a number of their charitable partners. Yet just from your own statements, you don't know how those earnings are even calculated. Again, what incentive is there for me or anyone else to use it?

Nov 18 15 12:44 pm Link