Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Miley Cyrus goes naked!

Photographer

Stephen Dawson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I like the photos. I especially like the politics. “My pussy, my choice”.

Miley has, no doubt, considered Marilyn, Madonna, Britney and Gaga and the way they marketed themselves.

Go girl!

(Does this get Terry Richardson out of the doghouse?)

http://hollywoodlife.com/pics/miley-cyr … -cover-89/

Dec 14 15 08:28 am Link

Photographer

DEP E510

Miramar, Florida, US

thanks for the post!

miley and terry obviously work tremendously well together

amazing work

gonna be diminishing returns from here...

Dec 14 15 08:37 am Link

Model

Koryn

Boston, Massachusetts, US

I felt kind of weird looking at these in the middle of the airport.

Dec 14 15 08:46 am Link

Photographer

FIFTYONE PHOTOGRAPHY

Uniontown, Pennsylvania, US

....for the love of Pete.

Dec 14 15 08:56 am Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

you should probably have an "18+" or "NSFW" written above that link per mm rules. might wanna edit that in.

also, those pics are lame.

Dec 14 15 09:18 am Link

Photographer

Robb Mann

Baltimore, Maryland, US

At least TR's foot isn't in any of these images.

Dec 14 15 09:18 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Meh & ew

Dec 14 15 09:24 am Link

Photographer

Stephen Dawson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Paolo Diavolo wrote:
you should probably have an "18+" or "NSFW" written above that link per mm rules. might wanna edit that in.

also, those pics are lame.

You don't think that the subject makes it clear enough?

Dec 14 15 09:28 am Link

Photographer

Justin

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

Well, for my tastes, whatever provocative quality they have has everything to do with the posing and about nothing to do with the photography, except that, yes, they are in focus.

I don't keep up with current events on the celebrity scene, but I was under the impression that "Miley Cyrus nude" isn't a new or surprising thing.

Dec 14 15 09:32 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I think she's sexy as hell. But I certainly hope the bushy armpit thing doesn't catch on.

Dec 14 15 09:34 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Stephen Dawson wrote:

Miley has, no doubt, considered Marilyn, Madonna, Britney and Gaga and the way they marketed themselves.

Go girl!

I am cool with Miley's "antics"... as a matter of fact... I say more power to her!

This culture needs a young, sex-positive and rebellious attitude to dust off the stench of unnatural and puritan values that held this country hostage for way too long.

I hope that she strongly influence a a huge part of thegeneration of young people who will grow up with a more liberated attitude.

But... that's just my personal opinion!

Dec 14 15 09:34 am Link

Photographer

Good Egg Productions

Orlando, Florida, US

Again?

yawn.

Dec 14 15 09:35 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Good Egg Productions wrote:
Again?

yawn.

This is the first time I've seen the whole enchilada.

Dec 14 15 09:37 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

udor wrote:
I am cool with Miley's "antics"... as a matter of fact... I say more power to her!

This culture needs a young, sex-positive and rebellious attitude to dust off the stench of unnatural and puritan values that held this country hostage for way too long.

I hope that she strongly influence a a huge part of thegeneration of young people who will grow up with a more liberated attitude.

But... that's just my personal opinion!

What is different about Miley than others that have done nudes in the past?  Just being young, saying the word "pussy" and twerking to get attention?

I don't think Americans are as puritanical as you think.
Prostitution is not legal here & the FCC flips out seeing Janet Jackson's brown pierced tit but as a country, we have sex just like the rest of the world.

Dec 14 15 09:45 am Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

San Diego, California, US

Jules NYC wrote:
What is different about Miley than others that have done nudes in the past?

About $160 million dollars. That's the only difference I can think of.

How is she doing with drugs? Is she like Justin Bieber in that regard, or is that just another check-off item on her publicity stunt list?

Dec 14 15 09:51 am Link

Model

Jules NYC

New York, New York, US

Click Hamilton wrote:

How is she doing with drugs? Is she like like Justin Bieber in that regard, or is that just another check-off item on her publicity stunt list?

Not sure how much Marilyn acquired in her lifetime, but she's a classic & not because she's a blonde.

Dec 14 15 09:57 am Link

Photographer

kickfight

Portland, Oregon, US

Oh, Miley. Go on with your crazy-ass self. smile

Dec 14 15 10:25 am Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

In this candid interview she talks about how she's playing a role.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/29/arts/ … d8LdZxCPbA

I'm going to guess that she's still on the upsweep. I think Miley has some mileage left before she morphs again or dies as yesterday's celebrity. Stay tuned for more.

Dec 14 15 10:30 am Link

Photographer

Stephen Dawson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Miley is stretching out and demonstrating versatility. I liked her Happy Hippy Backyard Sessions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKmd60VSJgE   and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR6mM_zfxwE

I expect her to team up with Tony Bennett before too long.

Dec 14 15 10:43 am Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

BB Talk, published 3 days ago
https://youtu.be/DfwJA0f0UTg

Dec 14 15 10:45 am Link

Photographer

DEP E510

Miramar, Florida, US

Jules NYC wrote:

What is different about Miley than others that have done nudes in the past?  Just being young, saying the word "pussy" and twerking to get attention?

I don't think Americans are as puritanical as you think.
Prostitution is not legal here & the FCC flips out seeing Janet Jackson's brown pierced tit but as a country, we have sex just like the rest of the world.

you state an assertion -- and then disprove it in the next sentence...

Dec 14 15 10:48 am Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I don't see what the big deal is. I thought the photos looked absolutely terrible. If they were posted by any MM member in the critique forum they would get laughed at.

So another kid celebrity does a really bad nude shoot. Rah rah. Call me back when something interesting happens.

Dec 14 15 10:55 am Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

Click Hamilton wrote:

Her godmother, Dolly Parton, stands at about $450 million, and "has her back."
http://www.people.com/article/dolly-par … reputation

Maybe Miley will be ready to run for President in 2032?

DEP E510 wrote:

Terry Richardson's net worth is reported as $5 million.
I wonder who paid whom for that photo shoot?

Does he do weddings?
Just curious.

Dec 14 15 11:13 am Link

Photographer

Stephen Dawson

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Shot By Adam wrote:
I don't see what the big deal is. I thought the photos looked absolutely terrible. If they were posted by any MM member in the critique forum they would get laughed at.

So another kid celebrity does a really bad nude shoot. Rah rah. Call me back when something interesting happens.

<smile>

You took enough of an interest to post.

"There is no such thing as bad publicity"

[Unless your name is Jerod]

Dec 14 15 11:14 am Link

Model

Koryn

I like Miley Cyrus, and she has a beautiful body. She could probably create some pretty outstanding erotic work.

In all honesty, if someone sent me those images as an example of what they wanted to shoot, I'd send them rates.

Maybe that sounds like an awful thing to say. By most of mainstream society's definition, taking my life into account, I'm not exactly a classy broad. I've been nekkid all over the interwebz for ten years and I danced in strip clubs part time for 4 years, so I'm not being judgemental when I say that they're just kind of boring pictures. And I'm sure as hell not going to be one of those ignorant people who scream, "No class," because "class" is some damned bullshit that doesn't exist.

She's such a nice-looking, sexy gal, but sometimes I feel like a lot of the nude and glamour work she shoots is cliché and boring. As in, I hope she's getting paid well for it.

Ok, y'all gonna hate me for saying that, but I'm leaving MM in 2 weeks, so doesn't matter anymore.

Dec 14 15 12:40 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

First, congratulations to Miley Cyrus for her success. Seriously. Wouldnt want to take that away from her, not for a second.

Now, my PERSONAL opinion. Without autotune, she would never be able to record a sound. Her parents (father) pushed her into show biz as a toddler and to give her credit, she has had the tenacity to turn very little talent into big dollars by clever marketing and merchandising of her image. I believe her main talent is in finding people to market her, and having the discipline to listen to their plans. She has VERY little musical talent---like her father.

There are MANY models on MM I would MUCH rather have in front of my camera. She really looks rather ordinary to me, I see girls every bit as attractive at the Post Office, in line at the DMV, or at McD's... To my eye, in these images, she looks awkward and forced---trying waaaaaaaay too hard to be "seen". On the "technical" side, I will never understand the appeal of point and shoot, poorly framed, poorly exposed images.

My opinion of her isnt important, she has found her market, and I understand that. smile

If Miley wanted to send a message, think how much more powerful the message could be with good photography...

Miley- nobody is "shocked" any more, just kinda bored.

Dec 14 15 01:31 pm Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

Koryn wrote:

I'm sure you are not alone.  smile

Dec 14 15 01:44 pm Link

Photographer

Chuckarelei

Seattle, Washington, US

Koryn wrote:
Ok, y'all gonna hate me for saying that, but I'm leaving MM in 2 weeks, so doesn't matter anymore.

No! DON"T!!

Dec 14 15 01:46 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Click Hamilton wrote:
In this candid interview she talks about how she's playing a role.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/29/arts/ … d8LdZxCPbA

I'm going to guess that she's still on the upsweep. I think Miley has some mileage left before she morphs again or dies as yesterday's celebrity. Stay tuned for more.

She reminds me a LOT of myself in my 20s. I didn't care too much what other people had to say, and I did what I needed to do - sometimes what I didn't need to do, because it was shocking and fun. You really do only live once, and you certainly can't be young again once it's over. I like it when young women live life like they're dying, because too many ladies reach old age and regret not doing life harder, living for themselves. I wanted to live like I was dying, and cram every random, weird experience I could into my life as young as possible.

That way, when you get older and you find yourself calming down and settling into things, you know you never wasted a minute. Minutes are precious.

I think she's doing this, and I think it's all good.

Dec 14 15 01:47 pm Link

Photographer

Click Hamilton

Koryn wrote:
I like Miley Cyrus, and she has a beautiful body. She could probably create some pretty outstanding erotic work.

In all honesty, if someone sent me those images as an example of what they wanted to shoot, I'd send them rates.

Maybe that sounds like an awful thing to say. By most of mainstream society's definition, taking my life into account, I'm not exactly a classy broad. I've been nekkid all over the interwebz for ten years and I danced in strip clubs part time for 4 years, so I'm not being judgemental when I say that they're just kind of boring pictures. And I'm sure as hell not going to be one of those ignorant people who scream, "No class," because "class" is some damned bullshit that doesn't exist.

She's such a nice-looking, sexy gal, but sometimes I feel like a lot of the nude and glamour work she shoots is cliché and boring. Like it's stuff you'd get paid $200 for shooting in a newbie photographer's basement.

I think you are right on point. I think lots of what she does is cliché by design. It's a checklist assemblage of elements she's trying to use to define herself.

----

I like the sound of her voice. It's strong, clear and beautiful. She has a trademark sound that's easy to identify. When she wants to turn it on, she has lots of charisma and stage presence. I especially like listening to her singing if I'm not being distracted by her raunchy lyrics.

I don't like listening to her vulgarity and dumb-speak that runs like a broken pipe. I don't like the way she misleads impressionable young people with all her attempts to score publicity ratings by her crass behavior and proclaimed socially destructive attitudes. That's just my own opinion for myself so it doesn't matter to me what anyone else chooses to think. I don't have to follow her or admire her for the game she's playing.

I think I agree with her that she's playing a role for people to gobble up. It could be both. I don't like the part that is manipulative and lacks sincerity. I think she likes jerking chains. I think she will say and do anything to package herself and score publicity points, even at the expense of others who fawn over her.

I don't know if she's going off the deep end or not, like lots of other celebrities who can't handle the pressure of Hollywood and celebrity status, surrounded by people with egos in the stratosphere, and constantly being in the limelight. I'm starting to think she's more cold and calculating than that. I think she has a lot of infrastructure behind her at the highest levels. I do not think "she's trying to find herself."  I think she's specifically trying to promote herself by formula and strategy.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess she's focused and a hard worker. I don't think she's the flippant, bubble-headed, sex crazed, drug taking, super-cool party animal she pretends to be. I think she calculates her public persona with a carefully assembled checklist of positions, sound bites and pretenses. If we read in the news that she's going into rehab, then I withdraw everything I just said.

Time will tell.

Dec 14 15 01:47 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

Robb Mann wrote:
At least TR's foot isn't in any of these images.

... or any other of his bits.

As for me? That is one of the most un-remarkable images I have ever encountered.

Studio36

Dec 14 15 01:54 pm Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

Phoenix Glamour wrote:
This is the first time I've seen the whole enchilada.

... taco

There fixed that for you.

Studio36

Dec 14 15 01:58 pm Link

Model

Koryn

Click Hamilton wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess she's focused and a hard worker. I don't think she's the flippant, bubble-headed, sex crazed, drug taking party animal she pretends to be. I think she calculates her public persona with a carefully assembled checklist of positions, sound bites and pretenses. If we read in the news that she's going into rehab, then I withdraw everything I just said.

Time will tell.

I agree 100%.

A lot of good girls go to rehab, and many bad girls age like a proverbial fine wine.

Dec 14 15 01:59 pm Link

Photographer

nwprophoto

Tonasket, Washington, US

Publicity mongering. I take it her music sales are not doing good.

Dec 14 15 02:17 pm Link

Dec 14 15 02:22 pm Link

Photographer

Risen Phoenix Photo

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

Koryn wrote:

She's such a nice-looking, sexy gal, but sometimes I feel like a lot of the nude and glamour work she shoots is cliché and boring. As in, I hope she's getting paid well for it.

Really sorry to see you go.  And yes I totally agree...MILEY this is an open invitation I would love to shoot you nude in my style.  Just sayin'

Dec 14 15 02:57 pm Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

Shouldnt the Title read "Naked Again" ?

Dec 14 15 03:33 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Stephen Dawson wrote:

Go girl!

I enjoyed the images.  borat

Dec 14 15 03:57 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

DEP E510 wrote:
thanks for the post!

amazing work

gonna be diminishing returns from here...

Yes, they seem to have "chemistry", don't they?

Dec 14 15 03:58 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Koryn wrote:

Yes, should've had a "warning" huh?

Dec 14 15 03:59 pm Link