login info join!
Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > The Bridezilla Clause...... Search   Reply
Makeup Artist
MP Make-up Artistry
Posts: 5,105
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada


By popular demand...... Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry is proud to present........ the Bridezilla Clause.....


Please feel free to use what you like, re-word it if you want and you can use your name instead of mine smile I put this clause at the end of my contract and it makes brides smile laugh and ask questions...I have had my share of "perfectionist" brides but since implementing it I haven't had a single bridezilla... .. it says....



" The Bridezilla Clause"
Any bride who turns from a normal happy excited  bride to be into a bridezilla will be given one warning either in writing via an e-mail ,fax or snail mail,  in person or over the phone. If bridezilla tendency continues after said warning, Mandy the make-up artist  has the right to cancel the contract.
Mandy the make-up artist will give at least 72hrs and will return all money  paid with the exception of the initial deposit.
Mandy the make-up artist is not responsible for finding a replacement make-up artist and/or hair stylist (if Mandy is under contract for hair as well)
Things like threats, any demeaning or belittling behavior, unrealistic or unnecessary changes to complete make-up or hair style change , unnecessary or excessive  number of phone calls, and unrealistic requests will not be tolerated and contract will be terminated.

Definition of  bridezilla: a woman who turns from a normal excited bride to be with realistic exceptions into a crazed perfectionist with outlandish unrealistic exceptions about her impending wedding.   

As a professional make-up artist my job is to make you the bride look stunning and the way you wish to look on your special day. But Requesting perfection is one thing, demanding it is out right rude and will not be tolerated.


Sign name here _____________________________________________
Date here __________________________________________________
Witness (Mandy )____________________________________________
May 10 09 08:56 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
MisterC
Posts: 15,162
Portland, Oregon, US


This is hilarious and sadly, pretty much becoming necessary.

I need a mother-in-law-zilla clause. ; )
May 10 09 08:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
MP Make-up Artistry
Posts: 5,105
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada


MinisterC  wrote:
This is hilarious and sadly, pretty much becoming necessary.

I need a mother-in-law-zilla clause. ; )

I find i you give the mom's something to do they keep their mouth shut and stay of of your way.....
It's mostly ment to open brides eye's that im being hire to work for them ,not as their slave or door mat but as their make-up artist.....
I had 4 people e-mail me requesting my clause so i thought i'd post if for others....

enjoy smile

May 10 09 09:01 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Makeup by Kerri
Posts: 157
San Francisco, California, US


I love it!  I am going to use it...Thank you so much.

K
May 10 09 09:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Liz Caldwell
Posts: 287
Riverside, California, US


Deadly Design Make-up wrote:
By popular demand...... Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry is proud to present........ the Bridezilla Clause.....


Please feel free to use what you like, re-word it if you want and you can use your name instead of mine smile I put this clause at the end of my contract and it makes brides smile laugh and ask questions...I have had my share of "perfectionist" brides but since implementing it I haven't had a single bridezilla... .. it says....



" The Bridezilla Clause"
Any bride who turns from a normal happy excited  bride to be into a bridezilla will be given one warning either in writing via an e-mail ,fax or snail mail,  in person or over the phone. If bridezilla tendency continues after said warning, Mandy the make-up artist  has the right to cancel the contract.
Mandy the make-up artist will give at least 72hrs and will return all money  paid with the exception of the initial deposit.
Mandy the make-up artist is not responsible for finding a replacement make-up artist and/or hair stylist (if Mandy is under contract for hair as well)
Things like threats, any demeaning or belittling behavior, unrealistic or unnecessary changes to complete make-up or hair style change , unnecessary or excessive  number of phone calls, and unrealistic requests will not be tolerated and contract will be terminated.

Definition of  bridezilla: a woman who turns from a normal excited bride to be with realistic exceptions into a crazed perfectionist with outlandish unrealistic exceptions about her impending wedding.   

As a professional make-up artist my job is to make you the bride look stunning and the way you wish to look on your special day. But Requesting perfection is one thing, demanding it is out right rude and will not be tolerated.


Sign name here _____________________________________________
Date here __________________________________________________
Witness (Mandy )____________________________________________

I wish I were a MUA so I could use it....
I don't shoot weddings for this exact reason tongue

May 10 09 09:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Carpathian Creations
Posts: 91
Budapest, Budapest, Hungary


I'm saddened that this term has become something.

We should all turn to the clause aspect of using slang terms for photographers and models and especially pompous MUA's who have to create such a slang.

Here is my 2 cents:

Photozilla: An otherwise normal photographer who, upon the moment of stress and /or anger decided to make the MUA actually do some work.

Modellzilla: Unavoidable due to the type of work they do. Since they are always the center of attention the cannot avoid the spotlight.

Fashionzilla: You know the kind I mean, the kind that takes a strip of silky looking fabric and makes a bow out of it and then proceeds to call it breakthrough fashion art. It then gets applauded by 20 other similar NYC fashion wannabees and clothing designer critic friends.

Bridezilla: Hmmm, sounding familiar here?

I would say, if you can't take the world of picky and petty people who work around you in the photo, film, or fashion industry- then a woman who is getting married who is stressed-out about her one-and-only chance to get that right.... Well.
I guess we need terms for all these people then...

Professionalism starts with dealing with all people and being smart about how the problem is addressed.
The guy who deals with flowers at the wedding certainly doesn't call the the woman Bridezilla because I'm sure he could care less about her stress. His main concern is What the job will pay and what is listed as a service.
Professionalism is something you have to learn in order to survive.
May 11 09 01:25 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Cynthia ORourke
Posts: 1,435
New York, New York, US


Carpathian Creations wrote:
Professionalism starts with dealing with all people and being smart about how the problem is addressed.
The guy who deals with flowers at the wedding certainly doesn't call the the woman Bridezilla because I'm sure he could care less about her stress. His main concern is What the job will pay and what is listed as a service.
Professionalism is something you have to learn in order to survive.

Actually, I'm pretty sure anyone who works within the bridal industry as a vendor to brides (ie. the florist) has heard if not used the term Bridezilla.  There is a huge difference between a "normal" bride who wants every thing perfect and is stressed out and a "bridezilla", who might ordinarily be a lovely woman but in the course of bridal planning has somehow lost the ability to gain perspective and becomes unreasonable, tyrannical, and ridiculous.  Like the florist, I could care less about the bride's stress.  I don't mind working with a stressed out bride and will go out of my way for her, but I'm not going to deal with unreasonable tyrannical or ridiculous behavior.  There is not enough money in the world.  So I think Mandy's clause, while a little tongue-in-cheek funny, is an excellent, professional way to let her clients know beforehand what behavior is acceptable and what she will and will not put up with. 

Either way, I blame the Wedding Industrial Complex for creating unreasonable expectations for women.  When you realize the world isn't stopping just cause YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED! and that life is not a romantic comedy things can get a little hairy for the average American bride.

May 11 09 05:53 am  Link  Quote 
Hair Stylist
A J T
Posts: 3,113
Brooklyn, New York, US


Cynthia ORourke wrote:
Actually, I'm pretty sure anyone who works within the bridal industry as a vendor to brides (ie. the florist) has heard if not used the term Bridezilla.  There is a huge difference between a "normal" bride who wants every thing perfect and is stressed out and a "bridezilla", who might ordinarily be a lovely woman but in the course of bridal planning has somehow lost the ability to gain perspective and becomes unreasonable, tyrannical, and ridiculous.  Like the florist, I could care less about the bride's stress.  I don't mind working with a stressed out bride and will go out of my way for her, but I'm not going to deal with unreasonable tyrannical or ridiculous behavior.  There is not enough money in the world.  So I think Mandy's clause, while a little tongue-in-cheek funny, is an excellent, professional way to let her clients know beforehand what behavior is acceptable and what she will and will not put up with. 

Either way, I blame the Wedding Industrial Complex for creating unreasonable expectations for women.  When you realize the world isn't stopping just cause YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED! and that life is not a romantic comedy things can get a little hairy for the average American bride.

QFT.

May 11 09 07:07 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Jordan Liberty
Posts: 4,828
New York, New York, US


Carpathian Creations wrote:
Professionalism starts with dealing with all people and being smart about how the problem is addressed.
The guy who deals with flowers at the wedding certainly doesn't call the the woman Bridezilla because I'm sure he could care less about her stress. His main concern is What the job will pay and what is listed as a service.
Professionalism is something you have to learn in order to survive.

Word.

People suck sometimes, but as a professional you learn to get through it and adapt. However, there are situations (particularly test situations) where I may just politely excuse myself and run away screaming.

May 11 09 07:16 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
MP Make-up Artistry
Posts: 5,105
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada


Carpathian Creations wrote:
We should all turn to the clause aspect of using slang terms for photographers and models and especially pompous MUA's who have to create such a slang.

I really really hope that you re not calling me pompous.......

I have this "clause" in my contract as more of a joke than anything, I have delt with my fir share of awful brides and after being treated like a door mat I decided to add it in my contract to see what happens, Mostly the brides laugh and say " really you need this"

I am not  pompous make-up artist and I didnt create this saying......

May 11 09 08:04 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Jordan Liberty
Posts: 4,828
New York, New York, US


Carpathian Creations wrote:
We should all turn to the clause aspect of using slang terms for photographers and models and especially pompous MUA's who have to create such a slang.

::fail::

I believe the slang came from a TV show called 'Bridezillas.'

Nice way to insult a fellow artist, though. Good job. The original post was humorous, clearly, based on a valid frustration we all have. I believe in professionalism, like you, but let's keep this debate impersonal.

May 11 09 09:09 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Victoria Julison
Posts: 1,466
Atlanta, Georgia, US


This is great, well written smile
The contract I mean.
May 11 09 09:16 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Select Models
Posts: 35,602
Upland, California, US


For me it's more like 'Motherzillas of the Bride'... or the fucking 'Church Coordinator Nazi' who on many instances I sooooooo wanna kick to the curb.  I tell them both when they start barking orders at me... I say:  BITCHES... listen up!... you see that beautiful lady over there in the white dress... SHE is the boss today... SHE wrote my check... and I take orders from NO ONE but her.  If you attempt to ruin her day by stressing her out and making ridiculous fucking demands... I will have SECURITY remove you ass from the wedding... CAPISHE?!?!?!?
May 11 09 09:20 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
MP Make-up Artistry
Posts: 5,105
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada


Jordan Liberty wrote:

::fail::

I believe the slang came from a TV show called 'Bridezillas.'

Nice way to insult a fellow artist, though. Good job. The original post was humorous, clearly, based on a valid frustration we all have. I believe in professionalism, like you, but let's keep this debate impersonal.

Thanks for the back up... smile

May 11 09 09:43 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Vincent Ford
Posts: 667
West Hollywood, California, US


hahah I love this!  God I've been in bridezilla hell for May.  Back to back weddings have tested my nerves.  Luckily I've done a few lawyer weddings and they have refined my bridal contract 3 times as favors. It's pretty perfect and binding but this will sweeten it even more smile
May 11 09 06:44 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
CC Marie
Posts: 231
Santa Barbara, California, US


Select Models wrote:
For me it's more like 'Motherzillas of the Bride'... or the fucking 'Church Coordinator Nazi' who on many instances I sooooooo wanna kick to the curb.  I tell them both when they start barking orders at me... I say:  BITCHES... listen up!... you see that beautiful lady over there in the white dress... SHE is the boss today... SHE wrote my check... and I take orders from NO ONE but her.  If you attempt to ruin her day by stressing her out and making ridiculous fucking demands... I will have SECURITY remove you ass from the wedding... CAPISHE?!?!?!?

lol u rock!

May 11 09 07:59 pm  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Saj M
Posts: 1,620
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Jordan Liberty wrote:

::fail::

I believe the slang came from a TV show called 'Bridezillas.'

Nice way to insult a fellow artist, though. Good job. The original post was humorous, clearly, based on a valid frustration we all have. I believe in professionalism, like you, but let's keep this debate impersonal.

god i love that show

"always screaming......very revealingggg.....briiiiddddddddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzziiilllllllllllaaaaaaa"

May 12 09 02:21 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Saj M
Posts: 1,620
Atlanta, Georgia, US


Select Models wrote:
For me it's more like 'Motherzillas of the Bride'... or the fucking 'Church Coordinator Nazi' who on many instances I sooooooo wanna kick to the curb.  I tell them both when they start barking orders at me... I say:  BITCHES... listen up!... you see that beautiful lady over there in the white dress... SHE is the boss today... SHE wrote my check... and I take orders from NO ONE but her.  If you attempt to ruin her day by stressing her out and making ridiculous fucking demands... I will have SECURITY remove you ass from the wedding... CAPISHE?!?!?!?

oh snap i do that too run the birdes maids an everyone OUT like stop hegging her about shit and YOU GO FIND UR OWN DAMN STOCKINGS and leave her alone...ggrrrrr

i have nice brides mostly cause i get "elopers" wo do it for noooooo stress and sun smile

May 12 09 02:24 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Corkii_B
Posts: 4,192
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia


Carpathian Creations wrote:
Modellzilla: Unavoidable due to the type of work they do. Since they are always the center of attention the cannot avoid the spotlight.

sad

I promise I'm not!

big_smile I am a nice model big_smile Promise!



... can there be an escort-zilla? lol

May 12 09 04:06 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Rachel Lisa
Posts: 2,975
Cincinnati, Ohio, US


I swear, I don't know what some people are doing at work, but my brides have always been sweet, happy, excited, and generally fall asleep in my chair, as it is one of the few times they will have that day to relax. I typically find them to be much more endearing and rewarding to work with than a celebrity that feel a sense of entitlement to be rude because they're famous.
May 13 09 02:36 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Teresa Wylie
Posts: 3,706
Livingston, Scotland, United Kingdom


Looks like i scared away a possible bridezilla, when she asked if the trial was free and i said no, lol
Havent heard from her since.
I am glad though, i didnt get a good vibe in the first place.
I rarely do weddings, i just dont enjoy doing them really.
May 13 09 04:51 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Vicki Millar
Posts: 235
Toronto, Ontario, Canada


Teresa Wylie wrote:
Looks like i scared away a possible bridezilla, when she asked if the trial was free and i said no, lol
Havent heard from her since.
I am glad though, i didnt get a good vibe in the first place.
I rarely do weddings, i just dont enjoy doing them really.

smile I'm glad things turned out that way!  She definitely sounded like a bridezilla.  When in doubt....be booked.

May 13 09 05:59 am  Link  Quote 
Makeup Artist
Teresa Wylie
Posts: 3,706
Livingston, Scotland, United Kingdom


Vicki Millar wrote:

smile I'm glad things turned out that way!  She definitely sounded like a bridezilla.  When in doubt....be booked.

HAHA! Yeah totally! big_smile

May 13 09 07:52 am  Link  Quote 
  Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers