login info join!
Forums > General Industry > Kilts? Photographers who wear them? Search   Reply
1234last
Model
Caitin Bre
Posts: 2,050
Naperville, Illinois, US


Is there any photographers who wear Kilts?

Is there any Photographers that have done a photo shoot with a model in one?

Kilts are Hot.

Show me your Kilt Photo's
Jan 13 13 01:31 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Shon D.- Homme
Posts: 3,195
Virginia Beach, Virginia, US


Does it have to be an official kilt or can it be just a skirt of any kind?
Jan 13 13 01:32 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Caitin Bre
Posts: 2,050
Naperville, Illinois, US


Shon D.- Homme wrote:
Does it have to be an official kilt or can it be just a skirt of any kind?

Well A man Skirt Would be Hot. A tutu would be funny so I guess what You decide. As long as its artistic.

I guess if you wore it to do a shoot.

I don't know how to answer that? Did you wear a skirt to do a shoot as a photographer?

I guess I never had that happen. I wouldn't have any trouble smiling though. smile

Jan 13 13 01:40 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
allison mindy
Posts: 1,495
New York, New York, US


I used to shoot with a photographer who wore kilts on a daily basis. It was awesome smile
Jan 13 13 01:50 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
GER Photography
Posts: 7,756
Imperial, California, US


I won't wear mine, it's the most gawdawfull orange!!!
Jan 13 13 01:54 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Caitin Bre
Posts: 2,050
Naperville, Illinois, US


George Ruge wrote:
I won't wear mine, it's the most gawdawfull orange!!!

Get a new one You  Like! When do we shoot?

Jan 13 13 01:55 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Caitin Bre
Posts: 2,050
Naperville, Illinois, US


allison mindy wrote:
I used to shoot with a photographer who wore kilts on a daily basis. It was awesome smile

I'm Jealous. wink smile

Jan 13 13 01:56 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Nicholas Fischer
Posts: 41
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada


I would if I had one.
Jan 13 13 01:58 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
mikell
60kFTW
Posts: 24,899
San Francisco, California, US


http://www.flanaganscelticcorner.com/mysitecaddy/sitedata/flanaganscelticcorner.com/product/1340/large.jpg

http://www.utilikilts.com/
I've been thinking of one of these
since they now have a store in San Francisco I'll likely get one at least for Burning Man
Jan 13 13 02:28 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Bearz Images
Posts: 816
Asheville, North Carolina, US


I live in mine.
Jan 13 13 02:37 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Good Egg Productions
Posts: 15,313
Orlando, Florida, US


Click Hamilton wore a tutu at least once.
Jan 13 13 02:39 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Caitin Bre
Posts: 2,050
Naperville, Illinois, US


mikell wrote:
http://www.flanaganscelticcorner.com/mysitecaddy/sitedata/flanaganscelticcorner.com/product/1340/large.jpg

http://www.utilikilts.com/
I've been thinking of one of these
since they now have a store in San Francisco I'll likely get one at least for Burning Man

I'm planning on being there! I will look for the kilt with a camera! smile

Jan 13 13 02:41 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
xpLOsv21 Photography
Posts: 20
Seattle, Washington, US


Yes...I wear mine all the time. I switch them up, mainly because I have five of them.

But not on shoots... I am all over the place, on the ground and everywhere in between.
Jan 13 13 02:45 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
ontherocks
Posts: 22,329
Salem, Oregon, US


we shot a wedding where four of the gentlemen (including the groom) wore kilts.

http://www.crendophoto.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/swan-clark-0564.jpg
Jan 13 13 02:57 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
RistPhoto
Posts: 391
Spring Green, Wisconsin, US


I own an English-style kilt with an Irish tartan. I love it, but I have never worn it to a shoot.
Jan 13 13 03:01 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Caitin Bre
Posts: 2,050
Naperville, Illinois, US


Rist Photography wrote:
I own an English-style kilt with an Irish tartan. I love it, but I have never worn it to a shoot.

I want to do a few shoots on Apache trail This year. I love the superstitions. Kilt would be awesome there! Sedona too!

Jan 13 13 03:09 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
M Pandolfo Photography
Posts: 12,116
Tampa, Florida, US


Yes, it's all kisses and puppies until you get a kilt-wearing photographer with no undergarments and you're starting a thread about the creepy photographer in the kilt who kept shooting you from above so you could check out his Scottish Sausage.
Jan 13 13 03:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
jkcphotography
Posts: 50
Saint Louis, Missouri, US


Michael Pandolfo wrote:
Yes, it's all kisses and puppies until you get a kilt-wearing photographer with no undergarments and you're starting a thread about the creepy photographer in the kilt who kept shooting you from above so you could check out his Scottish Sausage.

This. As a member of Clan Ramsey I have 3 different Ramsay tartan kilts [modern, ancient, and hunting] . I wear them to Burns Nights, highland games, and church occasions as needed.

Can't say I have done a shoot in one though....

Jan 13 13 03:24 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Lawrence Guy
Posts: 17,653
LAKE PEEKSKILL, New York, US


I don't have a kilt, but I do have a loincloth.
Jan 13 13 03:33 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Jhono Bashian
Posts: 2,432
Cleveland, Ohio, US


Haven't talked and of the gals at Tilted Kilt to visit the studio yet...  I've been known to adorn a toga at Bacchanalia Festivals. I have lederhosen, its just not as easy to expose your self to art as a kilt is.
Jan 13 13 03:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Caitin Bre
Posts: 2,050
Naperville, Illinois, US


Michael Pandolfo wrote:
Yes, it's all kisses and puppies until you get a kilt-wearing photographer with no undergarments and you're starting a thread about the creepy photographer in the kilt who kept shooting you from above so you could check out his Scottish Sausage.

I don't understand a word you said.
       
             But I do like puppies (don't kiss them though!). I don't like to wear painties under my skirts. But I didn't know photographers went without Panties.(never Noticed)
Been lucky so far not many creeps. Not many shoot from above, not a good angle. Scottish sausage? I don't know never had one. Not many photographers offer lunch at my shoots.

I'm Irish though! LOL

edit:
Oh Ok I think I know what you were picturing, But it wasn't what I was Picturing, But anyway is this what you had in mind? http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_cLpWJLcQc8k/S … 2Bkilt.jpg

Jan 13 13 06:37 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Caitin Bre
Posts: 2,050
Naperville, Illinois, US


Jhono Bashian wrote:
Haven't talked and of the gals at Tilted Kilt to visit the studio yet...  I've been known to adorn a toga at Bacchanalia Festivals. I have lederhosen, its just not as easy to expose your self to art as a kilt is.

I went to a Renaissance Festival by Apache Junction Az. I loved the scenes. I would absolutely love to do a few shoots of that theme!

Just check out http://celebs.allwomenstalk.com/wp-cont … /RC__2.jpg

Jan 13 13 06:41 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Caitin Bre
Posts: 2,050
Naperville, Illinois, US


Rist Photography wrote:
I own an English-style kilt with an Irish tartan. I love it, but I have never worn it to a shoot.

Irish Tartan sounds awesome.

Jan 13 13 07:11 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
ThroughAGlassPhoto
Posts: 1
Waldport, Oregon, US


I wear one a lot, in addition to being a photographer I am also a professional piper.
Jan 13 13 07:17 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Sky Donohue
Posts: 265
Salt Lake City, Utah, US


Rist Photography wrote:
I own an English-style kilt with an Irish tartan. I love it, but I have never worn it to a shoot.

Why didn't I know this???

Jan 13 13 07:21 pm  Link  Quote 
Model
Caitin Bre
Posts: 2,050
Naperville, Illinois, US


ThroughAGlassPhoto wrote:
I wear one a lot, in addition to being a photographer I am also a professional piper.

The 1st pics in your port, is that a festival?

Jan 13 13 07:35 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Frank Lewis Photography
Posts: 12,443
Winter Park, Florida, US


http://www.staonlineshop.co.uk/images/thumbs/0000789_460.jpeg

Clan Lewis is a sept of Clan MacLeod.

If I could afford a traditional kilt I would definitely have one.
Jan 13 13 07:36 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
GeM Photographic
Posts: 2,365
Chicago, Illinois, US


I have kilts (wool great kilts from years of being an SCA re-enactor), but I've never worn one to do a photoshoot.
Jan 13 13 08:37 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Burlap Rats
Posts: 18,942
Riverside, California, US


Are.
Jan 13 13 09:14 pm  Link  Quote 
Photographer
James O Wright
Posts: 616
Kansas City, Missouri, US


I have worn my kilt many times for renaissance festivals but never for a photo shoot.  Since I wear mine traditional I can understand the comment above about the photographer showing his Scottish sausage.  It's only a skirt if you wear panties under it.
Jan 14 13 06:07 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Fernon
Posts: 1,544
Annapolis, Maryland, US


I never wear underwear so if I wore a Kilt at my photoshoots my man parts would flop out.
Jan 14 13 06:34 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
Caradoc
Posts: 19,622
Scottsdale, Arizona, US


I've shot in a kilt more than once, but it's not my preferred clothing for shooting... A pair of black Dickies work pants so I don't have to worry about flashing the world while I'm up on a ladder or getting down on the floor works a lot better.

From our wedding at Edinburgh Castle, Scotland:

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/123/404956955_7c453e151d.jpg
Jan 14 13 06:38 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Caitin Bre
Posts: 2,050
Naperville, Illinois, US


Caradoc wrote:
I've shot in a kilt more than once, but it's not my preferred clothing for shooting... A pair of black Dickies work pants so I don't have to worry about flashing the world while I'm up on a ladder or getting down on the floor works a lot better.

From our wedding at Edinburgh Castle, Scotland:

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/123/404956955_7c453e151d.jpg

Very Awesome Photo!

Jan 14 13 07:09 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
KonstantKarma
Posts: 2,513
Hickory, North Carolina, US


I'm now going to buy one.

The last Games I went to it was so cold (and snowing) I have no idea how any of us made it.  I'm Irish, not Scottish, and built with chicken legs.
Jan 14 13 07:13 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Caitin Bre
Posts: 2,050
Naperville, Illinois, US


James O Wright wrote:
I have worn my kilt many times for renaissance festivals but never for a photo shoot.  Since I wear mine traditional I can understand the comment above about the photographer showing his Scottish sausage.  It's only a skirt if you wear panties under it.

HHmmmm a level playing field? When I am shooting in public with a tiny skirt and showing my Irish clam to the world it is expected to be free and natural with no worries. But if a photographer wears a kilt he has to worry about his scottish sausage flirting with the sunshine.
It does take allot in different situations to make that shot so natural even if you are comfortable with your body. I am happy to see that fact understood.
I am confident and professional even in a skirt with my Irish clam showing. I think there are photographers that make art that can be professional in a kilt even if his scottish sausage happened to fall past a knee length kilt.

Jan 14 13 07:28 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Caitin Bre
Posts: 2,050
Naperville, Illinois, US


KonstantKarma wrote:
I'm now going to buy one.

The last Games I went to it was so cold (and snowing) I have no idea how any of us made it.  I'm Irish, not Scottish, and built with chicken legs.

LOL Photoshop those chickens into peacocks!

The Highlanders are largely descended from the Irish Scotii who migrated to Scotland from Ireland in the 4th-6th Centuries.
The leine and Irish Tartan was eventually discarded as everyday clothing, partly due to restrictive English laws imposed upon the Irish populace and also for economic reasons.

Jan 14 13 07:43 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
toesup
Posts: 1,033
Templeton, California, US


I've work a kilt.. as I'm part Scottish and allowed to do so..

.. but not for a photo shoot.. well, not yet anyway...

"There is nothing worn under a proper Scotsman's kilt.. It is all in perfect working order"..

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/249820_1916213759125_5634695_n.jpg
Jan 14 13 07:49 am  Link  Quote 
Photographer
KonstantKarma
Posts: 2,513
Hickory, North Carolina, US


Caitin   wrote:

LOL Photoshop those chickens into peacocks!

The Highlanders are largely descended from the Irish Scotii who migrated to Scotland from Ireland in the 4th-6th Centuries.
The leine and Irish Tartan was eventually discarded as everyday clothing, partly due to restrictive English laws imposed upon the Irish populace and also for economic reasons.

I found a great deal on a kit online, I think I'll be orderin' when I have the dough. big_smile

Jan 14 13 07:58 am  Link  Quote 
Model
Caitin Bre
Posts: 2,050
Naperville, Illinois, US


KonstantKarma wrote:

I found a great deal on a kit online, I think I'll be orderin' when I have the dough. big_smile

wink smile

Jan 14 13 07:59 am  Link  Quote 
Model
orias
Posts: 5,032
Tampa, Florida, US


maybe i'm around too many guys in kilts,  because i used to like them and now not so much sad
Jan 14 13 07:59 am  Link  Quote 
1234last   Search   Reply



main | browse | casting/travel | forums | shout box | help | advertising | contests | share | join the mayhem

more modelmayhem on: | | | edu

©2006-2014 ModelMayhem.com. All Rights Reserved.
MODEL MAYHEM is a registered trademark.
Toggle Worksafe Mode: Off | On
Terms | Privacy | Careers