Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Attn: MM Florida party attendees...

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Hey guys, if you are going to be attending the MM gathering at Doug's place. here's an update regarding eats...

Talking with Doug, and he is good either way, one option is for everyone to bring a platter of something.. Not all veggies, cheese's and fruits, either... smile  As Doug put it, we do need some things that were once alive and now dead... lol The other is to chip in for pizza. Apparently there is a pizza place not far from the studio..

So please email me as to whether you are bringing a platter and what it shall be or if you are going to wanna get pizza.. This way we will have an idea of what's coming and who we'll need to grab pizza money from.. honestly, I think it will be easiest if we all bring a platter of something... but let me know.. You can also post in this thread..

Look forward to meeting you all!!  And don't forget, there will be an opportunity to shoot and Amanda will be providing make-up for the low low price of $10.. koolGirlieStuff also has a deal going for some vintage looks with make-up for the low low price of $20..  Info as always, on my port and on his...

Sep 06 05 06:57 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

I'll bring some of those drummetes and napkins. We probably need coolers. I only have small ones but I can bring a cople of bags of ice too.

Sep 06 05 07:19 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

I don't care what I say, you're alright, Mr. Wright...  big_smile  Thanks...

Sep 06 05 08:20 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:
I don't care what I say, you're alright, Mr. Wright...  big_smile  Thanks...

Man, don't let that get out. I've spent years working on being a jackass. Anybody finds out otherwise my whole persona is blown.

Sep 06 05 08:43 am Link

Photographer

i c e c o l d

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Kieth,
Along with the case of Guiness, I will bring two coolers and a few bags of ice.

Sep 06 05 10:21 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

bump

Sep 06 05 11:27 am Link

Model

flnative

I may not be able to make it....but, I'll be sending a HOT model for ya'll to shoot...bikini, lingerie, nudes, etc...

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/abeck75/Funnies/girlfriend.jpg

Sep 06 05 03:23 pm Link

Photographer

bgcfoto

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

I was on the fence about going,..but after seeing "him/her/herm"  im so there!

kiddin,.i was plannin ta be there all along.

Sep 06 05 04:15 pm Link

Photographer

i c e c o l d

Fort Myers, Florida, US

flnative wrote:
I may not be able to make it....but, I'll be sending a HOT model for ya'll to shoot...bikini, lingerie, nudes, etc...

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y59/abeck75/Funnies/girlfriend.jpg

Photographers beware....This model is a no show/no call!

After I finally agreed to her/him/it's modest $200 an hour fee, that I gladly paided in advanced (because I so needed that look for my port) and after setting up a $500 a night hotel to do the shoot. That damn model had the balls (I think) to not show up. Just wait till I get my hands on her/him/it!!!

And i won't be sharing my Guiness with her/him/it either.

Sep 06 05 05:10 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

This is really sick.... You paid $500 for the room?? You should really check out Travelocity; they got the deals!!!  lol

Well, things are little up in the air, but I may not be attending.. My mother was in a a very serious car accident this morning and had to be air lifted to Tampa General trauma center.. Luckily she faired better then she looks, she hit 3 cars, one a semi and the car rolled several times.. But the is bruising to the brain and adrenal gland, blood on the brain and cracked vertabrae in both the cerival and lumbar regions..
  They will be running more tests in the morning and another CAT scan.. For the moment they have her pretty pumped up on morphine..
  Sorry for the downer, but I just wanted to explain why I may not be there on saturday, after is was my suggestion about the whole the damn thing.. If nothing serious arises, I will be there, but right now I have to focus on my mom...

Sep 06 05 08:28 pm Link

Photographer

bgcfoto

Keith, best of luck to your mom and your family.  I'll be crossing my fingers for you guys! 

Brian

Sep 06 05 08:38 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:
This is really sick.... You paid $500 for the room?? You should really check out Travelocity; they got the deals!!!  lol

Well, things are little up in the air, but I may not be attending.. My mother was in a a very serious car accident this morning and had to be air lifted to Tampa General trauma center.. Luckily she faired better then she looks, she hit 3 cars, one a semi and the car rolled several times.. But the is bruising to the brain and adrenal gland, blood on the brain and cracked vertabrae in both the cerival and lumbar regions..
  They will be running more tests in the morning and another CAT scan.. For the moment they have her pretty pumped up on morphine..
  Sorry for the downer, but I just wanted to explain why I may not be there on saturday, after is was my suggestion about the whole the damn thing.. If nothing serious arises, I will be there, but right now I have to focus on my mom...

Yeah Keith, you concentrate on your mom. If you make it great but family is more important. I lost my mom last year and it makes you realize just how important your family is. My prayers are with you.

Sep 06 05 09:07 pm Link

Photographer

KoolGirlieStuff

Gainesville, Florida, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

Keith,

I hope everything`s alright with your Mother, my thoughts are with you both

Tom

Sep 07 05 02:25 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

Thank you guys for your thoughts and prayers... It is deeply appreciated..

Sep 07 05 06:53 am Link

Model

flnative

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:
Thank you guys for your thoughts and prayers... It is deeply appreciated..

So sorry to hear... yesterday was a horrible day for accidents...There was a terrible one right out in front of my daughter's school...involving a four and five year old and their mother... I pulled in, and the paramedics had left the 4 year old's bloody car seat right out where ALL parents pulling in could see....needless to say, I was a mess after seeing that.  The little boy was lifted to Orlando where he underwent surgery to relieve pressure and swelling on his brain... (haven't heard any updates as of yet)...what a way to spend the first day of school... 

I will be thinking of your mother and your family...and please be thinking of this little guy as well...  sad

Sep 07 05 07:04 am Link

Photographer

bgcfoto

flnative wrote:
the paramedics had left the 4 year old's bloody car seat right out where ALL parents pulling in could see....needless to say, I was a mess after seeing that.  The little boy was lifted to Orlando where he underwent surgery to relieve pressure and swelling on his brain...

sad

Sep 07 05 07:49 am Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

flnative wrote:
So sorry to hear... yesterday was a horrible day for accidents...There was a terrible one right out in front of my daughter's school...involving a four and five year old and their mother... I pulled in, and the paramedics had left the 4 year old's bloody car seat right out where ALL parents pulling in could see....needless to say, I was a mess after seeing that.  The little boy was lifted to Orlando where he underwent surgery to relieve pressure and swelling on his brain... (haven't heard any updates as of yet)...what a way to spend the first day of school... 

I will be thinking of your mother and your family...and please be thinking of this little guy as well...  sad

You know we all say, "I  should have stayed in bed, today"??  I guess a couple of people should have...  Hope that little guy gets better soon.. It's hard on adults to go through something like this, it's even harder for kids..  Of course, it does make us think and realize how quickly life can change.. It doesn't always happen to the other guy...

And again, thank you all for your kindness...

Sep 07 05 10:09 am Link

Photographer

i c e c o l d

Fort Myers, Florida, US

Keith,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I understand if you can not attend, life is too precious, family always comes first.

Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Sep 07 05 10:45 am Link

Photographer

Lee Lossing

Largo, Florida, US

Looks like the thread I just posted on was a bit stale. Here's what I said....

Is it to late to get a ticket? I am scheduled to work, but shouldn't have much trouble getting the night off. Doug, if you are bringing your bike, i'll bring mine and we'll have a corvette buffet. I spose money will travel better than a seafood sampler platter on the scooter, so i'll bring that if there are spots available.

My best wishes to you and your loved ones Keith.

Sep 07 05 11:41 am Link

Photographer

bgcfoto

bumping this above the other FL Photog threads.  smile

Sep 07 05 12:05 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

bounce

Sep 07 05 07:55 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Lee Lossing wrote:
Looks like the thread I just posted on was a bit stale. Here's what I said....
Is it to late to get a ticket? I am scheduled to work, but shouldn't have much trouble getting the night off. Doug, if you are bringing your bike, i'll bring mine and we'll have a corvette buffet. I spose money will travel better than a seafood sampler platter on the scooter, so i'll bring that if there are spots available.
My best wishes to you and your loved ones Keith.

most certainley come on over...i was going to bring my bike and put it in the gallery for the obligitory "chick on the bike photos"...and thank you btw..for bringing jennifer into the arena..she's couldn't be more adorable and sweet..

Sep 07 05 08:49 pm Link

Photographer

KoolGirlieStuff

Gainesville, Florida, US

The retro photography offer that I have going on with Makeup Artist Amanda Craft at the party is just about booked full.....

Models who are attending the party who like my retro photography look please read this...

https://modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=9688

I will accept (2) more bookings for Saturday, I already have 5 so a total of 7`s just right I would think, can also only do single looks, while Amanda`s booked upon some double looks already

Thank you!

Tom

Sep 07 05 08:55 pm Link

Photographer

Tropical Photography

Sarasota, Florida, US

KoolGirlieStuff wrote:
The retro photography offer that I have going on with Makeup Artist Amanda Craft at the party is just about booked full.....

Models who are attending the party who like my retro photography look please read this...

https://modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=9688

I will accept (2) more bookings for Saturday, I already have 5 so a total of 7`s just right I would think, can also only do single looks, while Amanda`s booked upon some double looks already

Thank you!

Tom

Congrats Tom!! Glad you had such a wonderful response.. And I'm sure Amanda is very happy, too..  Funny thing, she's a little nervous about the whole thing... smile

Hopefully it will work out and I will get to meet you all.. But if not, hope all the shots are kick ass and look forward to seeing them....

Sep 07 05 09:00 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

I won't be able to attend, but y'all have fun.

Sep 08 05 01:37 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

Keith aka Wolfie wrote:

Congrats Tom!! Glad you had such a wonderful response.. And I'm sure Amanda is very happy, too..  Funny thing, she's a little nervous about the whole thing... smile

Hopefully it will work out and I will get to meet you all.. But if not, hope all the shots are kick ass and look forward to seeing them....

Amanda is going to be MUAing her butt off on Saturday. She's working with me early in the day. She's going to be sick of seeing make-up by the end of the day.

Sep 08 05 03:10 pm Link

Model

MYA

Jacksonville, Florida, US

SO ARE WE GOING TO TRY TO DO THIS ONCE A MONTH OR WHAT? EVERY TWO MONTHS? I AM DOWN FOR WHATEVER! HE HE
BUMP!

Sep 08 05 04:54 pm Link

Model

flnative

...Heck...once a week!  wink

I've hit a gross posts!

Sep 08 05 06:38 pm Link

Model

MYA

flnative wrote:
...Heck...once a week!  wink

I've hit a gross posts!

R U MAKING IT DOWN FOR THE PARTY?

Sep 08 05 07:27 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

With all the posting going on about this event, I figured it's something you guys did every few hours...tongue

Sep 08 05 07:30 pm Link

Model

flnative

MYA wrote:

R U MAKING IT DOWN FOR THE PARTY?

I am hoping to!  big_smile

Sep 08 05 07:41 pm Link

Model

MYA

flnative wrote:

I am hoping to!  big_smile

cool you seem like a cool chick i would like to meet!

Sep 08 05 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

KoolGirlieStuff

Gainesville, Florida, US

Hey Folks!

I`ve put a FREEZE on any more shoots during the party, Amanda and I have 5 gals now we are working with and I think any more than that will overburden us for the time we will have to do anything.......

Amanda and I will be discussing another kool offer soon for Florida models who will be interested, and I will also be talking to models there at the party for any projects that I feel they will be able to fit in my styles

Thanks again and see you at the party!

Tom

Sep 08 05 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

MYA wrote:
SO ARE WE GOING TO TRY TO DO THIS ONCE A MONTH OR WHAT? EVERY TWO MONTHS? I AM DOWN FOR WHATEVER! HE HE
BUMP!

I could handle shooting you once a month. Oh you mean the party.

Sep 08 05 09:07 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

MYA wrote:

Doug tells me she is immensly cool.

Sep 08 05 09:09 pm Link

Model

flnative

MYA wrote:

...and right back atcha!  big_smile

Sep 09 05 06:32 am Link

Model

flnative

Christopher Wright wrote:
Doug tells me she is immensly cool.

Yeah....I am pretty cool, I must admit!  ha ha ha big_smile
I'll be there...at some point or another... I mean...how could I possibly pass up an opportunity to meet the faces behind the forums...all in one spot??? smile

Sep 09 05 06:34 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

MYA wrote:

flnative wrote:
and right back atcha!  big_smile

im feeling all warm and stuff....

Sep 09 05 08:48 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Wright

Lansing, Michigan, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:

MYA wrote:

im feeling all warm and stuff....

That's just your AC not working.

Sep 09 05 12:14 pm Link

Photographer

40 Digital Photography

Tarpon Springs, Florida, US

Had a great time-- thanks to Keith for organizing this,  and to
Doug and Joe for the use of their studio

Robert

Sep 10 05 09:50 pm Link