Model

Annalyn

New York, New York, US

Since we are talking about religions now... Just out of curiousity, I'd like to know what everyone's religions are who use this site.  I myself am trying to experiment and learn more about various religions in order to find what I truly believe.  Please share what your religion is and share what the beliefs are, etc.

Nov 09 05 01:11 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

Annalyn wrote:
Since we are talking about religions now... Just out of curiousity, I'd like to know what everyone's religions are who use this site.  I myself am trying to experiment and learn more about various religions in order to find what I truly believe.  Please share what your religion is and share what the beliefs are, etc.

I know your question is innocent enough, but I think at this point in time the less we know about everyone's religion is better. One less thing to cause prejudice.

Nov 09 05 01:14 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Agnostic

Nov 09 05 01:17 pm Link

Model

Annalyn

New York, New York, US

Mike Cummings wrote:

I know your question is innocent enough, but I think at this point in time the less we know about everyone's religion is better. One less thing to cause prejudice.

Well, how about we just let the site moderator's handle that.  Most people I've been in contact with on this site have been very respectful of people who are different from them and very willing to express who they are, knowing that the majority will accept them and welcome their views and opinions.  If it gets out of hand and people do get prejudiced, they are able to stop the thread.

Nov 09 05 01:18 pm Link

Photographer

Cory Morhart Photo

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

Annalyn wrote:

Oh boy, here we go again.

Nov 09 05 01:24 pm Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Annalyn wrote:
If it gets out of hand and people do get prejudiced, they are able to stop the thread.

Why start it to begin with?

Annalyn wrote:
I myself am trying to experiment and learn more about various religions

Why are you and others so compelled to delve in to religion on a modeling site?  Seriously, your curious nature and experimentation should take you and those finding this topic interesting elsewhere on the net that provides far greater depth.

Or, is it because topics such as this is your only form of front and center entry in a community you wish to be a part of but simply don't have "it." 

That's the appearance...go do some photography or modeling or find dog elsewhere.

Nov 09 05 01:26 pm Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

Rodney King got beat down because he was high, not because he was black. And that's the way I feel about religion. I could care less about what you are until you start shoving it down my throat.

Nov 09 05 01:29 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

Annalyn wrote:

Well, how about we just let the site moderator's handle that.  Most people I've been in contact with on this site have been very respectful of people who are different from them and very willing to express who they are, knowing that the majority will accept them and welcome their views and opinions.  If it gets out of hand and people do get prejudiced, they are able to stop the thread.

I guess you missed my point, sorry I was not clear. When someone reveals they are Christian some assume right wing. When someone reveals they are Muslim some assume radical. etc. We don't need a lable on people, we need to know how you act. What are your views on a subject without the coloring of what religion you are.

All the major religion have many sects. Those sects do not all believe the same thing. Look at Christianity, you have Catholics, you have Baptists, you have Holy Rollers, you have Methodists... etc. All of these groups have their own beliefs tied to a central belief that Jesus is the son of God. Other than that they are pretty diverse. I will assume the same thing is in the Muslim faith etc. So your experience with someone that called themselves Christian may not even be close to my experience. We will view the same person with a different prejudice.

Nov 09 05 01:37 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

I'm a Paranoid Agnostic who's been diagnosed with Dyslexia.

Basically I stay awake all night wondering if Dog really exists wink

Nov 09 05 01:41 pm Link

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

I am a Frantic Laughing Orgasmic Flying Spagetti Monsterism fundamentalist.

Eat me!

Nov 09 05 01:46 pm Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

Mike Cummings wrote:
I guess you missed my point, sorry I was not clear. When someone reveals they are Christian some assume right wing.

No, you assume that.  Most people assume those continually bringing up religion on a modeling site are dumbasses, losers because they have nothing else to add or can't even use the search function to view previous idiotic opinion formed by those spewing nonsense rather than actually going to religious sites that will help answer questions.

Nov 09 05 01:52 pm Link

Model

No name

Chicago, Illinois, US

If we all ignore this will it go away already!

Nov 09 05 01:58 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

area291 wrote:
No, you assume that.  Most people assume those continually bringing up religion on a modeling site are dumbasses, losers because they have nothing else to add or can't even use the search function to view previous idiotic opinion formed by those spewing nonsense rather than actually going to religious sites that will help answer questions.

Not just me judging by the reactions of some. I am assuming you agree with the rest of my post.

AGGGG  there is a big purple headed woman at the top of the page....

Nov 09 05 01:59 pm Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Sacramento, California, US

lll wrote:
I am a Frantic Laughing Orgasmic Flying Spagetti Monsterism fundamentalist.

Eat me!

I thought I was the only FSMer here....though I am more of a believer in the Reformed Latter Day Flying Spaghetti Monsterism movement. (We sing more and serve cake and ice cream after our ritual meal instead of just Tiramisu)

Nov 09 05 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

Voice of Reason

Anaheim, California, US

If a thread is started on a forum, and no one replies, does the thread really exist?

Nov 09 05 03:01 pm Link

Model

spyro2122

Orlando, Florida, US

wow another religion topic. I am bi-polar with a mix of ptsd.but seriously, wiccan.

Nov 09 05 04:25 pm Link

Photographer

RStephenT

Vacaville, California, US

BodyPainter Rich  wrote:
I thought I was the only FSMer here....though I am more of a believer in the Reformed Latter Day Flying Spaghetti Monsterism movement. (We sing more and serve cake and ice cream after our ritual meal instead of just Tiramisu)

You serve plain old cake and ice cream instead of Tiramisu... what a low caste RLDFSM movement you are...hmpf!  We probably sing better than you do too!

Nov 09 05 04:44 pm Link

Body Painter

BodyPainter Rich

Sacramento, California, US

RStephenT wrote:

You serve plain old cake and ice cream instead of Tiramisu... what a low caste RLDFSM movement you are...hmpf!  We probably sing better than you do too!

You Frantic Laughing Orgasmic Flying Spagetti Monsterism fundamentalists are all the same! You think you are better than the rest of us! The great noodler has decreed that dessert is for the soul and the soul is to be free. Therefore we shall eat the dessert that we see fit! And sing better, I don't think so! When we sing "On Top of Spaghetti" we sing in 8 PART HARMONY so there! I hate you Frantic Laughing Orgasmic Flying Spagetti Monsterism fundamentalists You need reform in your moldy old beliefs so that you can be worthy of the divine meatball! You Frantic Laughing Orgasmic Flying Spagetti Monsterism fundamentalists don't even recognize the divinity of the pre dinner bowl of soup! You Frantic Laughing Orgasmic Flying Spagetti Monsterism fundamentalists should be outlawed and banned from my country, or exterminated altogether! How elitist can you get anyway? I'm going to talk to my community pasta chef and demand an inquisition in the name of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, your doom is at hand you Frantic Laughing Orgasmic Flying Spagetti Monsterism fundamentalists!

Nov 09 05 05:47 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Lester

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Annalyn wrote:

I'm a highly devout, orthodox photographer. I used to pray to the Great Yellow Gods in Rochester, but now I pray only to the Great and Mysterious God of the Supreme Megapixel. There are many photographers in the world, but not many of us who know or practive our secret, rituals and chants. Obviously I can't repeat them here, then all would know them and they would loose their mystical power, but they involve sitting in a photographer's crouch, lying on our belly or standing with legs widespread, to lower our shoting position, while chanting words including "f-16", "rule of thirds" and "get it right the first time", while being naked except for a tan colored, wrinkled and faded photographer's vest.  As part of our ceremonies, we used to make spiritual use of sniffing hypo for our mystical visions, but now pretty much only the old timers still do that. Now most of us enter the mystical state while sitting in a chair staring at dots on a monitor. It can be both relaxing and hypnotic.

The Photography Gods have been very kind to me over the years and put food on my table, paid my rent and car note and sometimes kept the demons from Mastercard and Visa at bay. They also have provided me with countless naked maidens to help me with my photography worship.

Nov 09 05 08:27 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Doug Lester wrote:
I'm a highly devout, orthodox photographer. I used to pray to the Great Yellow Gods in Rochester, but now I pray only to the Great and Mysterious God of the Supreme Megapixel. There are many photographers in the world, but not many of us who know or practive our secret, rituals and chants. Obviously I can't repeat them here, then all would know them and they would loose their mystical power, but they involve sitting in a photographer's crouch, lying on our belly or standing with legs widespread, to lower our shoting position, while chanting words including "f-16", "rule of thirds" and "get it right the first time", while being naked except for a tan colored, wrinkled and faded photographer's vest.  As part of our ceremonies, we used to make spiritual use of sniffing hypo for our mystical visions, but now pretty much only the old timers still do that. Now most of us enter the mystical state while sitting in a chair staring at dots on a monitor. It can be both relaxing and hypnotic.

The Photography Gods have been very kind to me over the years and put food on my table, paid my rent and car note and sometimes kept the demons from Mastercard and Visa at bay. They also have provided me with countless naked maidens to help me with my photography worship.

Praise be to the Gods of Orthodox Photography (OP) and the maidens that cometh un to us. For it is good.  In the name of the Father, Kodak, and Nikon, Amen.

Nov 09 05 09:10 pm Link

Photographer

RStephenT

BodyPainter Rich  wrote:
You Frantic Laughing Orgasmic Flying Spagetti Monsterism fundamentalists are all the same! You think you are better than the rest of us! The great noodler has decreed that dessert is for the soul and the soul is to be free. Therefore we shall eat the dessert that we see fit! And sing better, I don't think so! When we sing "On Top of Spaghetti" we sing in 8 PART HARMONY so there! I hate you Frantic Laughing Orgasmic Flying Spagetti Monsterism fundamentalists You need reform in your moldy old beliefs so that you can be worthy of the divine meatball! You Frantic Laughing Orgasmic Flying Spagetti Monsterism fundamentalists don't even recognize the divinity of the pre dinner bowl of soup! You Frantic Laughing Orgasmic Flying Spagetti Monsterism fundamentalists should be outlawed and banned from my country, or exterminated altogether! How elitist can you get anyway? I'm going to talk to my community pasta chef and demand an inquisition in the name of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, your doom is at hand you Frantic Laughing Orgasmic Flying Spagetti Monsterism fundamentalists!

Bite me....Pffftt!

Nov 09 05 10:32 pm Link

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

RStephenT wrote:
Bite me....Pffftt!

And Eat Me!  We are FSM, we are meant to be eaten by beautiful maidens.  smile

Nov 09 05 11:08 pm Link

Model

Jordan

Salt Lake City, Utah, US

Annalyn wrote:

Non-denominational.

Nov 10 05 04:38 am Link

Model

Annalyn

New York, New York, US

area291 wrote:

What do you do... just go into random message boards and start picking fights?  Why don't you do THAT elsewhere.  Unless you don't have the nerve to do it in "real life".

Nov 10 05 08:36 am Link

Model

Annalyn

New York, New York, US

Mike Cummings wrote:

I guess you missed my point, sorry I was not clear. When someone reveals they are Christian some assume right wing. When someone reveals they are Muslim some assume radical. etc. We don't need a lable on people, we need to know how you act. What are your views on a subject without the coloring of what religion you are.

All the major religion have many sects. Those sects do not all believe the same thing. Look at Christianity, you have Catholics, you have Baptists, you have Holy Rollers, you have Methodists... etc. All of these groups have their own beliefs tied to a central belief that Jesus is the son of God. Other than that they are pretty diverse. I will assume the same thing is in the Muslim faith etc. So your experience with someone that called themselves Christian may not even be close to my experience. We will view the same person with a different prejudice.

I'm not really looking to find out what "label" people are.  Merely what they believe, in terms of a God or creation.  People don't even have to say what they believe, they could merely just state ways/legends they have heard in how the world was created, etc.  I think it's interesting.  Is this wrong?

Nov 10 05 08:55 am Link

Model

Danielle A

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

It's wonderful to see so many people here who have been touched by his noodly appendage. It's a pleasure to meet you all.

Nov 10 05 09:17 am Link

Photographer

MRP-Photography

Karlsruhe, Baden-Württemberg, Germany

Annalyn wrote:
I'm not really looking to find out what "label" people are.  Merely what they believe, in terms of a God or creation.  People don't even have to say what they believe, they could merely just state ways/legends they have heard in how the world was created, etc.  I think it's interesting.  Is this wrong?

for the most people outthere traditional religion is oldfashioned. Modern religion is sex, politics, "I have a bigger car than you" as example for materialism, self-glorification, how to make big money, etc. Those people who cry loudish against religion, worship those things, intrinsic values are strange to them. They turn around good and bad.
But this is not astonishing. Those people are easy to manipulate and to control. Isn't it a part history showed us?  When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic. Do not wonder when they attack you when you mention religion.

Nov 10 05 09:23 am Link

Photographer

RStephenT

lll wrote:

And Eat Me!  We are FSM, we are meant to be eaten by beautiful maidens.  smile

Yes!  I forgot about that part!

Nov 10 05 09:36 am Link

Photographer

Graven Image

Newport News, Virginia, US

Don't Be a Flaming Douche to Each Other.

It's a religion we can all agree on.

Nov 10 05 11:37 am Link